• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

PSY・S;43294658 said:
Over hereee

Edit. Wait why can't you use it?

i have no credit card. -,- which is needed. been asking someone to help me redeem it. thus sharing my account obviously. so if anyone wanna puts their trust in me for the beta, by all means. :p

Not sure if anybody said this already but CC gave his blessings on a new Beta thread lol
He said anybody could copy his stuff but he knows it's outdated and if PSY wants to make new graphics to go right ahead.

Don't shoot the messenger =p

whitehawk

Banned
I really like Fat Princess.

idq5XWihs7yJm.jpg
So uh... How would a person do a up+button attack on the ground exactly?
Ever played Smash Bros.? It has up+button attacks, and they work just fine on the ground. Just press them at the same time and you'll do the attack instead of jumping.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So after a few rounds, I really do enjoy the combat system. Will say it is dissapointing you can't ring people out. Just stinks when you realize you're not really doing a ton of damage to them, you're just building up your super.

Noi

I really like Fat Princess.

idq5XWihs7yJm.jpg
Ever played Smash Bros.? It has up+button attacks, and they work just fine on the ground. Just press them at the same time and you'll do the attack instead of jumping.

I turn off tap jump in smash just for that reason. I can never pull off up tilt moves without jumping reliably. Still, would be nice to have the option to jump that way, I guess.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah that's why I said they'd have to lose dpad support. Tilt up only works because Smash Bros heavily relies on analog sticks.

Tsunamo

I'm loving all the little tweaks in this build compared to the old one in the old beta. Even though they're small they make all the difference when playing it.

Is anyone getting matches where they seem to just be battling one player? It might just be connection screwing up, because the match ends and in reality the battle was in between four people, but it seems to be occuring often on the PS3 beta for me.

MarkusRJR

Maybe it's because I'm on my Vita, l but I can't follow the action at all. Everything is small, dull colored, and fast paced so I find myself consistently losing sight of my character. I also hate how I can't set jump to hitting up on the analog stick. I find myself just not jumping without that ability. Kind of disapointed...

Store got upgraded to the new version now and is going haywire on me. Takes ages to load everything and just froze on me. I just want to download the beta. :l

Edit:

Finally downloading. Had to jump through a dozen hoops before i got that far though.

Ran rp

i0MpXNXdYJXPp.jpg

This is from last night. I couldn't get it off my Vita because my laptop's connection has been acting up. Is there an easy way to post pics directly from the Vita?

Edit: Posted this in the wrong thread:

Figured it out. It's just the default circle now (Kratos' counter). I was doing everything but that, lol

Noi

Oh fuck I didn't think it would use the Vita's mic on default. The people playing with me must have heard a really awkward conversation... Well this is embarrassing.

Not quite as embarrassing as all the people I've heard playing the game on the toilet.

MarkusRJR

Not quite as embarrassing as all the people I've heard playing the game on the toilet.
One of my gay friends was talking with me over Skype about his sexual experience with a guy. He went really graphic. I'm sorry for the poor souls who had to hear that...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh fuck I didn't think it would use the Vita's mic on default. The people playing with me must have heard a really awkward conversation... Well this is embarrassing.

HAHAHA!

I guess I can add that to my list that I'm grateful that I am deaf. :p

One of my gay friends was talking with me over Skype about his sexual experience with a guy. He went really graphic. I'm sorry for the poor souls who had to hear that...

It shouldn't be that bad unless they are homophobia. Unless I am used to it because I have several gay friends.

Anyway, New beta rekindled my interests in the game because I really enjoy 2 vs 2 a lot. Free for All is still fun but not awesome and fun as 2 vs 2 is.

Bodied some n00bz with Drencrom. Beta works smoothly for me.

Also surprised people have problems with x as jump. I couldn't imagine it any other way. Guess some people are too accustomed to smash/tekken/whateva.

PSY・S;43301547 said:
Haha, everyone's a little sloppy their first few games :p

man, i panicked when i got my level 3 with kratos. didnt know what to do!! :(

Bodied some n00bz with Drencrom. Beta works smoothly for me.

Also surprised people have problems with x as jump. I couldn't imagine it any other way. Guess some people are too accustomed to smash.

yeah, sadly i am accustomed to smash in regards to the jump button.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Weren't you able to charge and throw Sweet Tooth's machette attack on an earlier build?
You can still charge throw longer distance on the Molotov.

I'm really hoping the Vita version is running well, because that's really my only option these days, because I've been so busy x_x Gonna give it a go during my lunch break.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
wow. seriously hate how you have to press X to jump
Wait, what? Why?!

What would you prefer? That's a very natural button press for a platformer (which the controls of this game are firmly rooted in). It's certainly much better than pressing "up" to jump, which feels terrible in this type of game. That was one of the things I always hated about playing Smash Bros. with its default control layout.

I'm really hoping the Vita version is running well, because that's really my only option these days, because I've been so busy x_x Gonna give it a go during my lunch break.
I was incredibly impressed with my quick playthrough of the beta. It actually runs at 60 fps like the console game and doesn't appear to be downgraded in any significant way. It's also native resolution.

Wait, what? Why?!

What would you prefer? That's a very natural button press for a platformer (which the controls of this game are firmly rooted in). It's certainly much better than pressing "up" to jump, which feels terrible in this type of game. That was one of the things I always hated about playing Smash Bros. with its default control layout.

I was incredibly impressed with my quick playthrough of the beta. It actually runs at 60 fps like the console game and doesn't appear to be downgraded in any significant way. It's also native resolution.

i feel differently then. haha. i love pressing up to jump in smash. been used to it. having a hard time adjusting. :p

Takao

Banned
I hate R button for supers on Vita. R button is usually used for grabbing items, or blocking in other games so I often instinctively tap it to inadvertently launch a super.

Drencrom

2 v 2 is so much fun, not as chaotic as FFA usually gets.

Really glad they made it easier to throw and added more throw options (up throw, forward throw and down throw).

But what happened to Sly's taunt line "You're no challenge and no fun"? That was one of the best taunts. Add it back Superbot!

Foshy

I hate R button for supers on Vita. R button is usually used for grabbing items, or blocking in other games so I often instinctively tap it to inadvertently launch a super.

So they changed the controls? In the last beta supers were R+L on Vita.

Top Bottom