• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Also, Noi you would appreciate how thankful I am that this trophy list is SUPER easy compared to other fighters, especially the BB games. I have the platinum in CT but it pretty much took away a part of my soul when I tried getting it. Getting the platinum in this game is going to be a breeze.. I'll try my best at getting the online trophies legitimately but I might end up boosting for them if I get impatient.

Also, Noi you would appreciate how thankful I am that this trophy list is SUPER easy compared to other fighters, especially the BB games. I have the platinum in CT but it pretty much took away a part of my soul when I tried getting it. Getting the platinum in this game is going to be a breeze.. I'll try my best at getting the online trophies legitimately but I might end up boosting for them if I get impatient.

Almost all of them come naturally and easily enough. The only one i haven't gotten is the 2v2 double kill, and winning a match without dying. Besides that, its just finishing up the last few character's arcade mode for me.

Noi

You have to get the match-made ones legit, as they require using the matchmaking to pair you up worth someone. Everything else is dandy~

KalBalboa

Banned
Almost all of them come naturally and easily enough. The only one i haven't gotten is the 2v2 double kill, and winning a match without dying. Besides that, its just finishing up the last few character's arcade mode for me.

I'm up to almost 60% of the trophies on my Vita version. All I have remaining are the campaign trophies and some of the Level 3s in a specific stage with a specific character.

SxP

You have to get the match-made ones legit, as they require using the matchmaking to pair you up worth someone. Everything else is dandy~

That's what the trophy description says, but that's a lie. You can get all of those trophies by inviting friends.

Noi

That's what the trophy description says, but that's a lie. You can get all of those trophies by inviting friends.

Huh? I tried that and it didn't work until I did them in Tournament mode. Though in hindsight, it might be because it was just two people using two controllers each and not 4 unique players.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well, I got all online trophies without trying to 100% trophies. I went straight to online, and decided to check trophies later on. I was surprised that I got all online trophies done with.

I can't see myself playing this game on long term. Great battle engine but very flawed game. Free For All matches usually are braindead mashing battles for me, and no one are using their mind to figure out that we should grab to drain some players to avoid level 3.

2 vs 2 are only best feature in the game so far in my eyes. I haven't really fought any GAFs (other than matchmaking or random) or 1 vs1. Hopefully my mind can be changed by any of you.

SxP

Huh? I tried that and it didn't work until I did them in Tournament mode. Though in hindsight, it might be because it was just two people using two controllers each and not 4 unique players.

Yeah, that might be a limitation. But I definitely got This is Living by playing a timed 1 minute 1v1 with my friend. And I got pretty much all the other online trophies by playing with my friends.

KalBalboa

Banned
Yeah, that might be a limitation. But I definitely got This is Living by playing a timed 1 minute 1v1 with my friend. And I got pretty much all the other online trophies by playing with my friends.

I know you can definitely get the Level 3 in a specific level with a specific character trophies with one friend and two bots, too. I found this out accidentally with Sweet Tooth the other night in Black Rock.

btkadams

how did people manage the trophy where you win an online match without dying? is it actually easy to do? i haven't even won an online match yet :(

do i just wait for the matchmaking to put me into a game with total noobs?

how did people manage the trophy where you win an online match without dying? is it actually easy to do? i haven't even won an online match yet :(

do i just wait for the matchmaking to put me into a game with total noobs?

I just did a 2v2 with my friend on Alden's Tower. We just got one kill and then ran for the rest of the match >:3

btkadams

I just did a 2v2 with my friend on Alden's Tower. We just got one kill and then ran for the rest of the match >:3

KuGsj.gif
ok i might have to do that if i continue to suck.

r_x2

I know you can definitely get the Level 3 in a specific level with a specific character trophies with one friend and two bots, too. I found this out accidentally with Sweet Tooth the other night in Black Rock.

You can also do these trophies in practice mode, just give yourself lv3, fire it and you can get them in less than 10 minutes

OSHAN

I think this game is great on Playstation, but it really shines on Vita. It looks fantastic and plays great and is perfect for pick up and play matches.

Friday night I was playing on PS3 and my friend who only has the Vita version was playing as well and we teamed up for some 2 vs 2 and it was completely seamless.

depward

^^ Yeah I have cross buy and I've only really every played the Vita version. Such a great game that's competent on a handheld!

Had some connection issues for the first time last night... hosting dropping stuff, four matches in a row. Any one else experience some wonkiness last night?

Feeling better with my Sweet Tooth. Still think Kratos and just insanely broken in this game... but getting better against good Kratos players.

Well, I got all online trophies without trying to 100% trophies. I went straight to online, and decided to check trophies later on. I was surprised that I got all online trophies done with.

I can't see myself playing this game on long term. Great battle engine but very flawed game. Free For All matches usually are braindead mashing battles for me, and no one are using their mind to figure out that we should grab to drain some players to avoid level 3.

2 vs 2 are only best feature in the game so far in my eyes. I haven't really fought any GAFs (other than matchmaking or random) or 1 vs1. Hopefully my mind can be changed by any of you.

This is how I'm starting to feel about the game as well. I think their focus on enforcing the super only KO system is what hindered the game. They should have just allowed for ring outs to also KO, on top of the super system - I think that would've been great and given players more options. Their focus on the super only system also limited their level design - as I mentioned before most of the levels are boxes, so they enforce the super only system more.

As it stands, most people just mash buttons and get mad when people get level 3's, while if they had the option to KO people via a ring out it would just add another level of strategy to play. It gives more freedom with fighting, like if some people want to focus on combos and supers? Sure, they can. Other people enjoy more situational fighting, adapting to the level as it changes? They can have fun too.

I just feel like enforcing the super only system is a needless gameplay mechanic, to make it different just for the sake of being different. After playing it more, throughout the betas and now the final build, my excitement for a different fighting game system grew into worry and boredom, tbh. I sincerely just think if they had ring out KOs on top of super KOs, the game would've been much better off.

KalBalboa

Banned
I think this game is great on Playstation, but it really shines on Vita. It looks fantastic and plays great and is perfect for pick up and play matches.

Friday night I was playing on PS3 and my friend who only has the Vita version was playing as well and we teamed up for some 2 vs 2 and it was completely seamless.

Whenever we have a 4 player match going locally at my place we always have one or two Vita players logging their own stats.

TheMink

Allllright, time to get real yo. These are exact numbers.

Sackboys AP requirements respectively:

Total needed each

lvl 1: 100 AP

lvl 2: 325 AP

lvl 3: 600 AP

Now this is exceptionally low, especially for his lvl 3. His lvl 1 has the best/easiest hit confirm in the game in my opinion. (up grab-lvl1 super, no problem) A very decent lvl 2, and the best lvl 3 in the game costing only 600 AP.
Big Daddies lvl 1 also cost 100, and that ish sucks yo.

As a reference point.

PaRappas AP requirement:

lvl 1: 125 AP

lvl 2: 400 AP

Would you say that PaRappas craptastic lvl 3 and Sackboys astoundingly amazing lvl 3 should cost the same amount?

Radec AP requirements:

lvl 3: 750 AP

All of radecs supers cost more or equal to sackboys, decidedly overall superior supers, his lvl 3 costs 150 more AP to get to, and while its still an excellent super it just isnt worth 150 more AP.

Kratos and Raidens AP requirements are exactly the same and unsurprisingly are high cost:

lvl 1: 150 AP

So both of them are a little more balanced because of the absurdity of there AP requirement, which is fine because they gain AP so fast.

In my opinion, the simplest way to balance the characters is an AP movement. As a matter of fact i wouldn't be opposed to Raiden taking even more AP than he already does but thats just me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Interesting about the Radec numbers. I honestly haven't found a need to get level 2 yet, but I may have to do some practice to see the impact of level 2 over level 1. His level 1 is just so damn good.

Just started playing Ratchet, mostly for 2v2 play. Not sure I'm playing him effectively. I use his forward + circle and up + circle (forget the move names) a lot, and also his other range moves. Any tips?

Tagg9

Interesting about the Radec numbers. I honestly haven't found a need to get level 2 yet, but I may have to do some practice to see the impact of level 2 over level 1. His level 1 is just so damn good.

You must be better than most Radec's. The ones I've played against recently have all missed their Level 1 attacks.

Allllright, time to get real yo. These are exact numbers.

Sackboys AP requirements respectively:

Total needed each

lvl 1: 100 AP

Now this is exceptionally low, especially for his lvl 3. His lvl 1 has the best/easiest hit confirm in the game in my opinion. (up grab-lvl1 super, no problem) A very decent lvl 2, and the best lvl 3 in the game costing only 600 AP.
Big Daddies lvl 1 also cost 100, and that ish sucks yo.

As a reference point.

PaRappas AP requirement:

Would you say that PaRappas craptastic lvl 3 and Sackboys astoundingly amazing lvl 3 should cost the same amount?

Radec AP requirements:

All of radecs supers cost more or equal to sackboys, decidedly overall superior supers, his lvl 3 costs 150 more AP to get to, and while its still an excellent super it just isnt worth 150 more AP.

Kratos and Raidens AP requirements are exactly the same and unsurprisingly are high cost:

lvl 1: 150 AP

So both of them are a little more balanced because of the absurdity of there AP requirement, which is fine because they gain AP so fast.

In my opinion, the simplest way to balance the characters is an AP movement. As a matter of fact i wouldn't be opposed to Raiden taking even more AP than he already does but thats just me.

Sackboy's up throw into super only works on 3 characters.
But in general I agree with you. I would not mind Sackboy's AP cost from 2 to 3 to be higher. If you leave it the way it is, maybe make it a 750 or 800 cost, the highest in the game.

TheMink

Sackboy's up throw into super only works on 3 characters.
But in general I agree with you. I would not mind Sackboy's AP cost from 2 to 3 to be higher. If you leave it the way it is, maybe make it a 750 or 800 cost, the highest in the game.

Hmmm so it does!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

Yup! I've played my PS3 version a total of 1 time. I've spent the vast, vast majority of my All Stars time playing on the Vita. It just feels incredibly good, and looks fantastic. I almost see it as a Vita title that has a PS3 version. LOL.

Protome

Yup! I've played my PS3 version a total of 1 time. I've spent the vast, vast majority of my All Stars time playing on the Vita. It just feels incredibly good, and looks fantastic. I almost see it as a Vita title that has a PS3 version. LOL.

I'm on this boat too, been playing far more of the Vita version. If only because my gf bought Wonderbook at the same time as me getting All Stars and has been hogging the PS3 xD

r_x2

Suck it Kratos!

I just had an amazing 2v2 match. Me as Sly & Dante(inactive) vs Sackboy & Kratos.
shitty match-up for me I know, but it was hilarious, despite my teammates inactivity I managed to get them both down to 1 live, but then "OH NOES" Kratos fires his level 3.
Me being a ninja master I dodged every single attack of his, over the mic i'm just hearing the rage of some 16 year old, and started to lol.
SUCK IT KRATOS.
I still lost :D

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'll summarize the tips:

1) Don't get hit in the back
2) Know what your character does
3) Play Radec if you like playing keepaway
4) Use supers right
5) Get AP to win
6) Don't get hit by stage hazards
7) Bounce people around during combos
8) Hit people
9) Hit people with better moves
10) To defeat Polygon Man, hit the polygon men until he dies

You can summarize even further.

1-10) Play better

Thank you, Seth Kill!

Archon473

Is there any way to unlock the rival fight stage or the polygon man stage? They first one seems like a nice "final destination" stage.
Don't think so, unfortunately. Dojo with hazards off is probably the cloest thing to a "final destination" stage.

WHHYYYYYYYY!?? Rival Stage is the prettiest! What were they thinking? Hopefully, they release it as DLC; they've been real good listening to fans thus far (we are getting Kat, after all).

Also, can someone answer this Kill Limit question: Is there a way to play Team Kill Limit where team members' scores do not accumulate? As is, one member reaching 3 with the second member reaching 2 would win a Kill Limit game to 5. Is it possible to play KL where one member must reach the winning score individually?

Skyzard

Banned
^ probably just free dlc in the add-on section.
I thought the 2 weeks deadline was from when the dlc releases (early next year I hear) and not the release of the game...could be wrong though.

I'm on this boat too, been playing far more of the Vita version. If only because my gf bought Wonderbook at the same time as me getting All Stars and has been hogging the PS3 xD

I keep forgetting it's on PS3...and I bought the PS3 version! (for cross-buy)

I did set up ps3+vita play today and it was really fun.

Top Bottom