• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

No he doesn't. If he has to work hard in higher level plays, then relatively, most others have to work harder

He does not have to work hard at all, his AP gain is quite healthy.

Even so, just because you have a Super 3 doesnt mean you automatically deserve 5+ kills. People wouldnt be complaining if other super 3's also had an easy time, but they dont.

Just today a Kratos whiffed his Super 3 so bad, only managed one kill. Sir Dan's Super 3 is easily the worst outside of screen clears. Big Daddy has to move around a lot (he's already not too mobile) in a shorter amount of time than Sackboy's Super 3. Radec has to deal with invisible Sly's, and rolling/dashing (though he still manages to have a decent time, getting about 5 kills in FFA, though less if you make him work for it). Sly's Super can be rolled, and has a specific FOV. Sweet Tooth's Super 3 can be dodged, and cannot be canceled when he begins an attack action. Raiden has to find enemies in boxes, and when they spawn, enemies can dodge his attacks. Same for Dante. Same for Nariko, Evil Cole, and Jak.

Sackboy, on the other hand, traps all enemies in slow ass bubbles, uses spawn portals to move across the map instantly, has incredible mobility, and he BUILDS AP on top of all this. He already has low AP costs. In a 2v2, a partner goes around collecting AP and weapons to continue the assault. Enemies don't debubble upon spawn, and are left entirely at the mercy of Sackboy.

In no way does Sackboy deserve this level of ease if most others don't get to afford the same leisure.

Yes Sackboy's level 3 was cute at first but then it quickly occurred to me that this little cloth head is getting unfair AP gain while we're subject to his quirkiness as bubbles!

Tagg9

Ugh, the Sackboy/Radec teams I've encountered are completely and utterly infuriating. Definitely the most annoying duo to go up against.

Ugh, the Sackboy/Radec teams I've encountered are completely and utterly infuriating. Definitely the most annoying duo to go up against.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL people are way too over salty about raiden and kratos. Oh well it will die down in a few weeks XD Then people will complain about the new flavors of the month/week/whatever.

Can't wait for the fat princess hate wagon personally

SykoTech

First Ratchet, now Sackboy. Geez Superbot. I'm glad you made the 2 characters I like the most good, but not so good that it makes everyone whine about them being abused. And apparently Kat's already broken, so I'm sure she'll turn out the same way.

Oh well. At least I'm not a Kratos player.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Proper spacing, and blocking allows you to punish kratos. Sackboy and Radec is just pure camping, and annoyance... for those who can't handle them.

You could start doing some instant air dodges :p You can actually dodge all of sly's level 2 by just jump dodging instantly over and over as he hovers above you

Mr. Fix

Even worse is the Kratos/Sackboy combo.

More on Sackboy:
- Give the opponents more god damn control over the movement of their bubbles during his level 3. It's bad enough that the bubbles give items, but at its current state, it's 4 guaranteed kills. Limited movement for Big Daddy's level 3 makes sense, given that his mobility isn't perfect for it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Proper spacing, and blocking allows you to punish kratos. Sackboy and Radec is just pure camping, and annoyance... for those who can't handle them.

I was joking, but Krutchtos is seriously a nightmare when I play Dante (which is a lot because he's my main). ALL of his attacks have priority over yours, he can midrange you to death so that you can't even land a single hit on him, and he can interrupt your Level 1 with a single hit from anything, whereas his has a bit of armor. Much easier to fight with Cole, though :p

KevinCow

Banned
Dan may arguably be the worst character in the game, but he's also got the best animations, so I think it evens out.

I really hope they follow up on their promise of free balance patches though.

LOL people are way too over salty about raiden and kratos. Oh well it will die down in a few weeks XD Then people will complain about the new flavors of the month/week/whatever.

Can't wait for the fat princess hate wagon personally
Nobody would play her even if she was ridicilously op :lol.

She is by far the least used character and atm she is probably in the top 5.She can hitconfirm, her level 2 is great and her fireballs are probably the single most awesome move in the game cause they have 0 effect on anything what the fatty is doing.

Mr. Fix

I was joking, but Krutchtos is seriously a nightmare when I play Dante (which is a lot because he's my main). ALL of his attacks have priority over yours, he can midrange you to death so that you can't even land a single hit on him, and he can interrupt your Level 1 with a single hit from anything, whereas his has a bit of armor. Much easier to fight with Cole, though :p

Good god, the priority on that chain grab is disgusting as well. I know that Big Daddy's rush beats it though. My Evil Cole's rush am cry.

botty

Banned

Yeah, I will admit that Kratos' blades having a very cheap homing ability that does help him build his AP fast.

cyborg009

Banned
PSY・S;44747734 said:
Wow, how does something like this even happen?

Not sure but its been pissing me off all day.

I'm so tired of the game disconnecting at the most random times. It's so fucking infuriating.

I'm done for now, Noi and Vyse. Need to watch The Talking Dead. That was also my first time as Raiden, as you could have guessed.

Same

Weird thing about spike is that he can combo but its extremely difficult.
(down O down [] Neutral [][][] )

Vysetron

Neo Member
Noi, this match is buggy as hell. I couldn't see 3P at all, and you turned invisible after your first death. The camera won't show me where you are, it just zooms on Dan.

Noi

Noi, this match is buggy as hell. I couldn't see 3P at all, and you turned invisible after your first death. The camera won't show me where you are, it just zooms on Dan.

I was wondering why the heck it felt like it was a 2v1 instead of a FFA.
KuGsj.gif

KevinCow

Banned
A friend and I were playing online 2v2 matches, and after killing an opponent Nariko, she didn't appear again. Except her weapons did. So her weapons were floating around and hitting us, but we couldn't hit her back.

This game has some weird damn online glitches.

Vysetron

Neo Member
FUCKING TORO BATTLES

Also, doesn't seem like the netcode wants to be stable tonight. GGs though! My Sweet Tooth is so incredibly ass.

Nakiro

So sick and tired of seeing multi-Kratos in FFA. Is Superbot seriously going to sit on their ass and do nothing? We've known how badly OP'd Kratos is since the beta, I dont understand how they haven't tuned him yet.

I'm pretty much sticking to 2v2. Kratos is such a braindead play type. Any game where he is not there ends up being quite enjoyable/
Can't really just blame Kratos, there are tons of issues from Sackboy's fast AP gain to Parapa's one combo that EVERYONE seems to use to Cole, Evil Cole, Heihachi and Sweet Tooths lvl 1 hit confirm.
Kratos is really only the problem when there's slight connection lag and you can't block properly.

Vysetron

Neo Member
A friend and I were playing online 2v2 matches, and after killing an opponent Nariko, she didn't appear again. Except her weapons did. So her weapons were floating around and hitting us, but we couldn't hit her back.

This game has some weird damn online glitches.

I've seen that, but with other characters. It's not as bad with Kratos because the blades are obvious, but imagine fighting a Big Daddy where all you can see are some of his lights. Yeah.

Top Bottom