• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Oshimai

is there any way to play 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2 ranked, or is it currently limited to FFA. furthermore how does the belt system work?

Thorakai

I wish throws would just automatically transfer AP to me instead of having it scatter all over the stage. Whenever I see a character clearly building towards level 3 I make a point to throw them as much as I can, but in a FFA situation its pretty difficult to find an opening to perform it without being attacked. If I DO manage to land the throw, either I take the time to roll into the AP to build meter myself and lose my target or keep on the offensive and have the other characters benefit from my attacks.

I'm fine with items and stage hazards staying the way they are, but I think throwing should benefit the person aware enough to use it and have them get back to the fighting instead of having them rolling back and forth for AP. Besides that I really do enjoy the game and hope that a sequel can be made down the line.

I wish throws would just automatically transfer AP to me instead of having it scatter all over the stage. Whenever I see a character clearly building towards level 3 I make a point to throw them as much as I can, but in a FFA situation its pretty difficult to find an opening to perform it without being attacked. If I DO manage to land the throw, either I take the time to roll into the AP to build meter myself and lose my target or keep on the offensive and have the other characters benefit from my attacks.

I'm fine with items and stage hazards staying the way they are, but I think throwing should benefit the person aware enough to use it and have them get back to the fighting instead of having them rolling back and forth for AP. Besides that I really do enjoy the game and hope that a sequel can be made down the line.

One of the things that needs patched is throws successfully knocking AP off characters. Tonight a Sackboy was halfway to level 3 and I threw him 3 times as Toro and at most Sackboy lost a total of maybe 20-30 AP. 15% of 600 would have been 90 AP for a single throw.

KalBalboa

Banned
Just played two hours with an old friend online. 2 v 2 is certainly my favorite flavor of All Stars, so far, and we actually played with some really civil people.

I probably shouldn't have given that new guy we played so much advice on how to use Big Daddy more effectively.

me and rors were practicing for the tournament earlier today 2v2 ranked (rad/sly vs. whoever they were) and one of the guys was pissed and said "stop running away you killzone pussy! these guys have no honor!"

i said suck our diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks!

but i didn't actually say that cause i dont have a mic. i said it by winning the game

One of the things that needs patched is throws successfully knocking AP off characters. Tonight a Sackboy was halfway to level 3 and I threw him 3 times as Toro and at most Sackboy lost a total of maybe 20-30 AP. 15% of 600 would have been 90 AP for a single throw.

That's me with Drake. Flips my hamburgers to finally grab Mr. Burlap Butterfingers, only to have him splat me in the face with a cake with that goofy smile, as if nothing happened. I swear, Sackboy has the ultimate trollface in this game

Is it really? A certain mode better than the other? I want to catch up w/ my friend...

Under Customization, look at "Goals" and complete as many as possible. Do Trials too

Tagg9

me and rors were practicing for the tournament earlier today 2v2 ranked (rad/sly vs. whoever they were) and one of the guys was pissed and said "stop running away you killzone pussy! these guys have no honor!"

i said suck our diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks!

but i didn't actually say that cause i dont have a mic. i said it by winning the game

I got a PM after one match saying "stop using kratos you gay spamming bastard kratos is stupid". I just sent back a PM thanking him for being a good loser.

Of course, the funniest thing about it was that he was playing as Sackboy and was trying to hide in a corner. Oh, the irony...

Ran rp

I thought they already announced the 6 DLC characters coming in 2 weeks?

Wasnt it these:
izIYIxfBcG24t.jpg
iN29Bly3QLlqi.jpg
iNEcj5X7lYrsx.jpg
ibvZd2rW394B0J.jpg
i553tdRSUsS2I.jpg
ike19G89y14Cx.jpg

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEEEEN

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
PSY・S;44831420 said:
WHAT COULD HAVE BEEEEEN

Nope, would of got new spyro new laura older sora new crash

S1Vnv.jpg

Yeaaaah spyro guyz

How about some crash!
uVllR.jpg

In case you haven't noticed the characters in the game are all their recent forms.

Jawmuncher

Uhoh I still haven't even gotten my hands on the game :X
Figboy i'll get hold of it soon and practice the fuck out of it.

As for our rivals, were going to have to hold off a few days.
If you need reasoning as to why I haven't played it yet it's because im currently on my way home from deployment.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Tribal24, I'm shocked that you would sunk so low that you would send rage message to my partner.

You send a message to my partner and told him that he suck.
Subject: And u suck

My partner is new at sackboy, and I know he is giving yall hard time. Next time, when you are playing against gafs. Just be nice. :p

Tsunamo

Uhoh I still haven't even gotten my hands on the game :X
Figboy i'll get hold of it soon and practice the fuck out of it.

As for our rivals, were going to have to hold off a few days.
If you need reasoning as to why I haven't played it yet it's because im currently on my way home from deployment.
That's fine, hope you have a safe trip home.
I think you guys need to let ScraftyDevil know and ask him if he can extend it for a few days due to you not being able to do it until then though. (or I can do it for you guys if you want)

tribal24

Banned
Tribal24, I'm shocked that you would sunk so low that you would send rage message to my partner.

My partner is new at sackboy, and I know he is giving yall hard time. Next time, when you are playing against gafs. Just be nice. :p

that wasnt me playing raiden , you should know i play sir dan. my partner wrote that he got excited

Skyzard

Banned
I'd be happy with vivi, steiner, barrett if we can't get cloud..I'm sure some others would loudly claim otherwise though :(

Not that I'm even craving for new characters.

Mr. Fix

Damn. :lol
at Sackboy.

Also I think it's pretty clear now that Drake and Radec wouldn't play like Snake. It's all about the tools. Screw the hack 'n slash peeps.

Nope, would of got new spyro new laura older sora new crash

S1Vnv.jpg

Yeaaaah spyro guyz

How about some crash!
uVllR.jpg

In case you haven't noticed the characters in the game are all their recent forms.

For some reason it didn't bother me on PS1 but Crash's face these days really freaks me out.

Also, thanks for the tips on leveling.

PSY・S;44831420 said:
WHAT COULD HAVE BEEEEEN

Thanks it took me some time to put them all in matching boxes! I need better things to do... sigh

But yea, that right there + Kratos and Sackboy. Is like the CORE Sony chars to me, everyone else is just fluff. Goddam, I hope this game gets a sequel and they are able to buy up some usage rights to some of those characters... fuckin' square/activision.

Jawmuncher

That's fine, hope you have a safe trip home.
I think you guys need to let ScraftyDevil know and ask him if he can extend it for a few days due to you not being able to do it until then though. (or I can do it for you guys if you want)

I'll send him a PM and see what he says.

Am I really the only one that plays Jak in ranked? For the last 2 days, I haven't come across a single other Jak online. Plenty of Kratos, Raiden, Sackboy and Sly though :p

Jawmuncher

Am I really the only one that plays Jak in ranked? For the last 2 days, I haven't come across a single other Jak online. Plenty of Kratos, Raiden, Sackboy and Sly though :p

That leads me to a good question.
In ranked for everyone here who seems to pop up the most in matches.

Going through the thread the most common seems to be Kratos since he's kinda unbalanced from what many people have said.

Skyzard

Banned
I'd love to try other players but having so much fun with heihachi..I always do this with fighting games (pick one and stick).

I'm still getting to grips before playing ranked, big whimp :p

It's probably been said already but I thought they absolutely nailed Polygan Man's voice. Really liked it.

Just wish the Boss fight was more involved!

That leads me to a good question.
In ranked for everyone here who seems to pop up the most in matches.

Going through the thread the most common seems to be Kratos since he's kinda unbalanced from what many people have said.

Kratos, Raiden, Dante, Sackboy are the most popular. Ratchet, Evil Cole, Sly, Drake are semipopular. Toro and Heihachi are rarities and Fat Princess is extinct.

Skyzard

Banned
It feels like the sensitivity for transmitting microphone audio to other players is too low on vita.

My sound isn't loud (even on mute) and it sends all these button presses - I can hear it when I do local with the PS3.

Anyone else found that?

-ranks up so much quicker online!
-btw what's with that blue ribbon, it appeared under my character portrait with a number like 46?

PowderedToast

old snake would be pretty cool, you could differentiate him enough from smash bros snake by making him rub his back and moan about everything

Top Bottom