• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

alterno69

Banned
Anything sonic would be good, Eggman would rock and my son would go crazy, he loves this game and he loves Sonic.

Anyway, any Heiachi players here? i need some combo tips

If we're talking Sega characters then I want this guy...

Ristar.jpg

He could be the Dhalsim of party brawlers. It will never ever happen, but that's who I want.

btkadams

^7 kills guaranteed

So i hope im just an idiot, but there is no way to sync saves/trophy data with the vita version right?

game save is synced automatically when connected to psn. trophies are not unlocked on both simulatenously though. if you beat kratos arcade mode on ps3 and transfer the save, the vita trophy won't be unlocked. everything needs to be done twice.

TheMink

game save is synced automatically when connected to psn. trophies are not unlocked on both simulatenously though. if you beat kratos arcade mode on ps3 and transfer the save, the vita trophy won't be unlocked. everything needs to be done twice.

Ugh thats what i thought :(

TheMink

I actually am trying not to play Sackboy any more because of how annoying he is to other people haha

Yeah im thinking of playing the rest of the tourney with Dante for the same reason except Raiden instead of Sackboy.
If we dont win because of it so be it!!!!

might still play as Raiden....

Takuan

Well, that's a pretty glaring oversight.

Re: people not using "annoying" characters... if it's a tournament, play to win.

KalBalboa

Banned
I guess I don't mind having two sets of unsynced trophies. It was a neat perk for Sound Shapes, but at least it's not just one shared list. Having two sets lets me get two platinums.

:/

Aww guys. I'm going to look like such a jerk, haha. I still have Toro but at the same time it's kind of handicapping your own partner if you're not playing at your best, right?

KevinCow

Banned
I can't decide if I'm better with Big Daddy or Sir Dan. It seems like I'm always kicking ass with one and failing horribly with the other.

ZeroAKA

I don't usually do this, but I feel a compulsion to platinum this game for some reason. Is anyone willing to play a few games with me sometime so that I can get the Friendly Competition (maybe This is Living) trophy? I think my friend list might be full though, so PM me so that we can get them set up.

I feel as though with 2v2, Sackboy might not be the biggest pain, since you can keep pressure on him. I mean, yes, the level 3 is still insane, but even then, its only 4 kills as oppose to 6. Its rough, but totally doable.

TheMink

I feel as though with 2v2, Sackboy might not be the biggest pain, since you can keep pressure on him. I mean, yes, the level 3 is still insane, but even then, its only 4 kills as oppose to 6. Its rough, but totally doable.

Yeah, every lvl 3 except the insta kills will grant 4 kills honestly.

Its just easier than most.

I just played as Jak for the first time by going through Arcade mode. Good god, he is ASS. Jak & Dax, such icons of the PS2 heyday, have been neutered in this game. His melee attacks are alright, but anything involving guns do nothing to earn AP. Rubbish level 1 and 2 supers too; good luck reaching his 3!

Mr. Fix

I just played as Jak for the first time by going through Arcade mode. Good god, he is ASS. Jak & Dax, such icons of the PS2 heyday, have been neutered in this game. His melee attacks are alright, but anything involving guns do nothing to earn AP. Rubbish level 1 and 2 supers too; good luck reaching his 3!

The Jak fanservice hurts me so much.

SmithnCo

Sackboy's is a guaranteed 4-5 kills, whereas with most of the others, (Kratos, Drake, etc.) you have to work for it and the level 3 is still dodgeable. That's where most of the criticism comes from, hell even Raiden's lets you run around after being killed once.

Gadirok

I thought the same thing for him. I was just afraid of getting backlash since nobody really brought it up. Along with Sir Dan. I just (personally) don't like their supers and relative AP gain.

I tried to play them, but I'm more of a nuisance with those characters and switch back to cole/ratchet. I want more variety in MP asides Raiden/kratos/sackboy I see every match but to do that some fixes got to be made to dan and jak

Gadirok

does anybody know if jak was better in the beta?

right now he is rock bottom tier for me, probably the worst in the game

He wasn't in the beta, but I got the chance to try him in a extremely old build with big daddy at a local retailer (demo). I couldn't stand either of them, but big daddy has improved alot since that demo and is pretty fun.

I can't land any combo with jak so getting the chance to see anything past a level 1 super for me is tough when online.

Mr. Fix

does anybody know if jak was better in the beta?

right now he is rock bottom tier for me, probably the worst in the game

Same here.

- I wish his side square didn't have those ass recovery frames.
- I want to be able to do his [aerial down square > neutral square spin] right after his uppercut, yet the game won't let me. :I plus the range on his side triangle doesn't even go full screen.

PowderedToast

It actually worked out better for me. Unlocking costumes is a much better idea when I looked back at it.

yep, ill probably be taking the game around to someones house at the holidays so i'm very happy there's no unlocks or install. so many fighters get this wrong

the bluepoint engine has really impressed me honestly

Vodh

Yeah, every lvl 3 except the insta kills will grant 4 kills honestly.

Its just easier than most.

Yeah, nope. Maaaybe the 'fps' style ones, like Radec's, but the 'fear me for I'm fast and powerful' ones usually grant 2 easy ones, and then you have to work for the third. And if you're chasing someone who knows where his dodge button is, he can usually stall you long enough for the partner to be completely safe, so most lvl 3 supers in 2v2 grant you 2-4 kills. Sackboy grabs 4 kills with no effort whatsoever and gives his partner at least lv1 worth of AP if not more.

Banned
Traded in my Wii and Scribblenauts Unlimited for this. I hope it's worth it!

Question,

Which character is weak but fast at movement and dodging (similar to Fox McCloud in Brawl). Those are the fighters tend to lean towards

Gadirok

Hardly, since you can easily dodge out of the second death most of the time.

This. With matches as good cole/ evil cole I managed to dodge a sly level 3 super completely by playing it smart and jumping off aldens tower. Then I did the same thing with Radec's level 3. And these players were much better than me. Much better.

Another match I had against 3 kratos, and each of them used a level 3 super. I managed to dodge every single one as evil cole using the firebird at correct times.

The only supers that actually guarantee kills are Parappas, Spikes, Mishimas, etc. But since its limited to the number of opposing players (p<3) its fair and limited to less than 3 kills. With Sackboys your only safe bet is to float up, but considering how slow your moving you're screwed. And then you respawn back as a sticker again? BS.

Not to mention the fact that if it was a 2vs2, sackboy's partner can either gain a chunk of AP through the bubbles or make sackboy's job easier (AKA what happened to me, the fat princess kept knocking me down to prevent me from running away from the sackboy and make his job easier).

I don't know if I should call that strategy, or just playing dirty but that last bit definitely annoys me more than sackboy. I hope what goes around comes around, but that duo got to 999 using that ridiculous technique and I discourage any sackboy players in a 2vs2 tourny from doing that. It really leaves the player with no defense at all.

Top Bottom