• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

So it is worth playing as a single player game?

No. Hell no. It has little to offer as a single player game. It's severely underwhelming in that respect. The real action is found online.

And here would be his second one.

Persona_4_Teddie_Alice.jpg

His?

What?

KalBalboa

Banned
So it is worth playing as a single player game?

I think having all the Arcade campaigns and trials adds up to a decent amount of single player content. The best way to play is 2 v 2 local, if you ask me, and online play is more exciting, but there's a lot to unlock and lots of characters to do so with.

Anything you do in single player also counts towards your characters' respective levels. You can "grind" in any mode. I personally really like the single player aspects.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Holy crap i cant even opperate on Time Station. God everything about that stage fills me with unconsolable rage.

Ill be rockin a combo then all the sudden you get lifted of the freaking ground for no damn reason. And everything goes to crap.
I hate items too, the next time i get hit with an ice rocket and stay frozen for a half hour I'm going to hard reset my ps3.

Im bummed that we aperently opted to have hazzards and items on for the tourney too...

Yeah, I'm going to re-random the stage during the tourney if Time Station comes up. That's the only stage I refuse to deal with if I have a choice. It's basically an unavoidable hazard!

cyborg009

Banned
Holy crap i cant even opperate on Time Station. God everything about that stage fills me with unconsolable rage.

Ill be rockin a combo then all the sudden you get lifted of the freaking ground for no damn reason. And everything goes to crap.
I hate items too, the next time i get hit with an ice rocket and stay frozen for a half hour I'm going to hard reset my ps3.

Im bummed that we aperently opted to have hazzards and items on for the tourney too...

I actually like Time station

I use Sweet Tooth a lot so having a combo broken isn't a big deal

I love using that Shotgun when people break outta combo

How you feel about Time Station is how I feel about Hades. Gorramit; that stupid jerk screwed me out of three supers when we were playing our tournament match last night, and it ended up costing us the round. We won the match in the end, but it was unbelievable frustrating thinking that a stage hazard might have made us lose the very first round.

The reason items and hazards are on is because

A) It's the first tournament and a "standard" ruleset hasn't been established yet; and

B) KevinCow made a very persuasive appeal to me.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I guess we can say goodbye to that sequel based on EU opening week :(. I got to eat crow since I was one of those wo expected decent sales at least before the delay but I never imagined it would do this badly. Such a tragedy and I don't think marketing would help much either. There were such an onslaught of AAA titles and they were available at friendlier pricepoints. Also I guess the party fighter genre might be more niche than I tought, Smash is really hard to calculate since it sells just by being true nintendo AAA title with Mario on the cover.

I have no idea what Superbot will be doing after post launch support is done. I'd guess All-Stars PSN game or something unless they will do something totally original.

Oh and I'm #6 in FFA rank now <3. Gotta make it to top 5 especially since #5 is our friend Redskins :D.

Just wait until Jan 2013 before you make any rash decision about it. Seriously, I think you might be overreacted about it. I think many parents are going to buy the games for Christmas presents and etc. Or Many kids are waiting for christmas giftcards so they can buy the games.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm a bit dissapointed at the lack of stats, I would have liked to see a shit load of stats about the way I fight both for multiplayer and single player. That is pretty much my only gripe with the game really.

Also (I think )I saw in the credits some mention a PS Suite companion app, does anyone know any more about this?

Just fought a high ranked Kratos and Sackboy team in Team ranked with my brother. He was Radec and I was Jak. We beat them so hard that they ragequited a few seconds before the end :p Guess sackboys don't like to get rushed and grabbed all the time, but no way in hell I'm letting that lvl 3 happen ever again...

inter

Are there any major differences between the PS3 and Vita versions of the game? Trying to decide if the PS3 version is worth the extra 40 dollars it would cost me.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm a bit dissapointed at the lack of stats, I would have liked to see a shit load of stats about the way I fight both for multiplayer and single player. That is pretty much my only gripe with the game really.

Also (I think )I saw in the credits some mention a PS Suite companion app, does anyone know any more about this?

Oh? Where in the credits?

Hey PSY and cyborg, I might be a few minutes late to our match. Like, maybe 10 minutes or so. Is that alright? I should be posting this in the tourney thread but there's a higher chance of you seeing it here. lol

Nevermind, I got it. Not gonna be able to practice though lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly if you wanted an atlus character in this wouldn't Jack Frost make the most sense as he is pretty much the mascot character of the series as a whole. If not jack then we'll just get the main character from persona 4. He would end up playing like a mix of Raiden and Fat princess and cole

Persona 4 spoilers? I'm only three hours in T_T

Just wanted to drop by to praise the Vita conversion. The port is absolutely brilliant, and (other than the still unresolved pre-order costumes situation) nothing is lost in the conversion. In fact, the game almost seems tailor made for a portable system.

Bluepoint is god-tier.

So Atlus have said they want a character, JAW (Abe's Odyssey want a character)... What's the problem? I seem to remember that JAW went to Superbot and they didn't hear back. Abe and Prinny (does that count as Atlus?) or a Persona rep would be fantastic characters!

So Atlus have said they want a character, JAW (Abe's Odyssey want a character)... What's the problem? I seem to remember that JAW went to Superbot and they didn't hear back. Abe and Prinny (does that count as Atlus?) or a Persona rep would be fantastic characters!

Also Tombas IP holder said that they would arrange meeting with Tombas creator if Superbot asked. Don't forget Ty the Tasmanian Devil too ;).

Astral

This has probably been asked a million times but, can a friend give me his free Vita version of the game? Can I just put his disc in my PS3 and download the Vita version along with the online pass on my account? Will we both be able to play online at the same time with our respective accounts? Sorry again if it's been asked or answered already. I just have to know.

Honestly if you wanted an atlus character in this wouldn't Jack Frost make the most sense as he is pretty much the mascot character of the series as a whole. If not jack then we'll just get the main character from persona 4. He would end up playing like a mix of Raiden and Fat princess and cole

I'm not going to lie, having a Yu who can switch between Izanagi, Yoshitsune and Jack Frost as square, triangle and circle respectively would be goddamn amazing.

Kouichi

3 Kratos and my Radec.

Is it actually fun to spam that hook chain attack on Kratos? Like, really?

I ask this same question with Sly's forward triangle. I ran into a player that ONLY spammed that. I am not exaggerating. No other move, not even down square. My god it was annoying.

Siaynoqq

I see no fun in just mashing that chain attack over and over and over until you can super. It seems...Boring.

That isn't all you can do with him...

He is a very versatile character. He builds meter quickly and can begin decent combos from a distance. And juggling in the air is awesome, especially with an extension of the combo using his winged attack. And for all the complaining about how powerful his supers are, I've found a lot of people can strategically dodge his lvl 3, and his lvl 1+2 aren't nearly as good as some other characters' out there.

Hatas' gon hate.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I mean, I don't feel gimped with my Radec. I use his full move set regularly. I guess it's all about how you choose to play...But it's a blast to hear people bitch about you on their mic because they can't figure you out, ha.

E: I guess the spammers give the versatile characters a bad name.

Even without the Crashes and Clouds SB has great characters that they could get with little effort if the IP holders are as willing to participate as they say. I can only hope SB can support the game with the content they do have access. I haven't played the games but Persona/Disagea rep for example is nothing to scoff at and Abe+Tomba are no-brainers.

What's the problem?
It's possible they already have some deals to include characters as DLC. Kat and Emmett we already know about. Maybe they just can't take the characters even if they are handed to em if it means they'd have to do post launch support for longer than Sony is willing to pay em before the sales justify it.

I ask this same question with Sly's forward triangle. I ran into a player that ONLY spammed that. I am not exaggerating. No other move, not even down square. My god it was annoying.
I see you have met Redskinsrock.

You know what's great? Using Sweet Tooth's mines as a counter. Cheating bastards don't have shit on my mines+aerial shotgun combo. Sackboy's German Suplex move, on the other hand, can go eat shit. People who spam that are the worst people in the universe. No, I'm not exaggerating. It drives me to my wits end when I see people spamming that move against me. So much fucking AP gain.

Worst in the universe.

pantsmith

Trying to decide if it's possible to come back in a stock match 2v1. I haven't been able to yet...ugh

If you can knock out the weaker opponent quickly, its possible. Just depends on where everyone is with their number of lives, and how well you can manage two opponents. Also how long you can stall.

Sometimes you'll even get the rare team where only one person will fight you at a time, as the other one watches. Though the teams that do that are usually really good to begin with.

noi psy and cyborg can we put this match off to tomorrow so i can try to find out what the fuck is wrong with my game SINCE I ONLY GET ERRORS WHEN PLAYING ONLINE

maybe redownload it or something i don't know

EDIT: it won't even let me make a match

i hate this you guys

cyborg009

Banned
noi psy and cyborg can we put this match off to tomorrow so i can try to find out what the fuck is wrong with my game SINCE I ONLY GET ERRORS WHEN PLAYING ONLINE

i hate this you guys

Were trying one last time

Your going send out invites

Vysetron

Neo Member
How you feel about Time Station is how I feel about Hades. Gorramit; that stupid jerk screwed me out of three supers when we were playing our tournament match last night, and it ended up costing us the round. We won the match in the end, but it was unbelievable frustrating thinking that a stage hazard might have made us lose the very first round.

Hades is telegraphed though! Time Station just picks you up and there's nothing you can do about it. That's not even a hazard, that's a stage inevitability. And it's terrible.

baekshi

Banned

i hate this you guys

figure out who has a good connection and a bad one.

let the player with good connection host

Top Bottom