• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

figure out who has a good connection and a bad one.

let the player with good connection host
I can't see cyborg when he joins Noi and Psy's matches and I can't join his. They could all join mine but we just got a random disconnect.

AGAIN

I HATE THIS GAME

EDIT: Should I make another or just redownload the game?

Noi

I can't see cyborg when he joins Noi and Psy's matches and I can't join his. They could all join mine but we just got a random disconnect.

AGAIN

I HATE THIS GAME

EDIT: Should I make another or just redownload the game?

Make another for now. We'll see how it goes.

I got shit to do

So will try maybe tomorrow
this shit sucks

Sorry you guys. I dunno if it's me or what, because every other game is just fine. I'll redownload and we'll try again tomorrow sometime...

I can't stress enough how crappy I feel because of this.
my twitter can though with my rambling

cyborg009

Banned
PSY・S;44863472 said:
Noi and Grim are good for whenever, and I'll be good around 10pm. When will you be out of class?

Edit: Okay 10 it is.

I love how the game disconnects when both of you had 1 life remaining.

I had no idea that spinning axe item is from one of my favorite games of all time; Mark of Kri. I love this game so much more... Rau Utu as a DLC character please! I'll suck you off Superbot. Actually, Mark of Kri HD please... No! Mark of Kri 2 Please! NOW.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Finally I can play as much as I want. Anyone down for games soonish?
Picture182.jpg

Siaynoqq

As I play this game more and more, I'm impressed by how well-balanced it is. There is no single character I feel is too powerful.

Can't believe something took me away from SFIV for a whole week.

As I play this game more and more, I'm impressed by how well-balanced it is. There is no single character I feel is too powerful.

Can't believe something took me away from SFIV for a whole week.
joke post?? Sly coopers parry works with melee attacks and projectiles AND it takes 40 ap from you.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You'd think they'd give him some invincibility frames to go with that absolutely shitty Level 1, nope, fuck that. Lets give high priority Raiden 6 different level 1 set ups instead.

That didn't have a single thing to do why that match up is pure dog shit and talking about raiden when not talking about him at all is dumb as well.

KevinCow

Banned
You'd think they'd give him some invincibility frames to go with that absolutely shitty Level 1, nope, fuck that. Lets give high priority Raiden 6 different level 1 set ups instead.

I seriously don't understand the thought process behind Raiden.

- Fast and agile
- Quick attacks
- High damage
- Easy combos
- Sword has good range and swings in a wide arc
- Level 1 has barely any startup frames, stays out forever, attacks both sides with pretty good range and can catch enemies coming down from the air, and as far as I can tell can't be punished if it whiffs
- Level 2 is basically guaranteed 2-3 kills if you throw it out when the group is bunched up, plus the opportunity for more kills afterwards
- Level 3 is like the only thing that isn't blatantly overpowered

Like how did they not look at this character and say, "Hey, this guy is completely broken in every single way possible." Literally the only "disadvantage" he has is his lack of projectiles, but that hardly matters when he can cross the map so fast with his dive kick.

The only thing I can figure is that Konami said that he could only be in the game if he was undeniably the best character.

bakedpony

Are most of GAF asleep during 10am to 1pm Eastern Time? That's when I usually play (11pm to 2am here) and I don't encounter any of you.

Siaynoqq

For people who think a character is overpowered: Consider whether you're missing something.

I remember initially people thought Kratos was overpowered, then Raiden, and now people keep mentioning Sly. My guess for who's next: Evil Cole.

One nice thing about a game that is a bit more "open" than a traditional fighter is that there are numerous ways to counter any given strength of an opponent. I think this is why every character is jokingly said to be over-powered. Of course, this is only true if the game is taken seriously by the developers as a competitive fighter (see quotes by Seth Killian in OT).

Tagg9

- Level 1 has barely any startup frames, stays out forever, attacks both sides with pretty good range and can catch enemies coming down from the air, and as far as I can tell can't be punished if it whiffs

I've tried attacking Raiden with my own level 1 super after he uses his and is stuck in place, yet I actually die when I touch him with my super haha. Anyone else run into this?

bakedpony

For people who think a character is overpowered: Consider whether you're missing something.

I remember initially people thought Kratos was overpowered, then Raiden, and now people keep mentioning Sly. My guess for who's next: Evil Cole.

One nice thing about a game that is a bit more "open" than a traditional fighter is that there are numerous ways to counter any given strength of an opponent. I think this is why every character is jokingly said to be over-powered. Of course, this is only true if the game is taken seriously by the developers as a competitive fighter (see quotes by Seth Killian in OT).

The only character which needs to be nerfed is Sackboy. Particularly his level 3.

Sackboy's been getting the most complaints. The ones I've seen the most complaints about are Kratos, Raiden, Sackboy and Sly.

Vodh

Yeah, I'll try to remember to use the surroundings to my advantage the next time I'm trapped in a Sackboy's bubble
Kappa.png

Vodh

I've tried attacking Raiden with my own level 1 super after he uses his and is stuck in place, yet I actually die when I touch him with my super haha. Anyone else run into this?

Well, it's a matter of hitboxes. You have a box for the attack, and then you have the character's hitbox - if your super has a short range and you launch yourself at Raiden who's performing his super, if his attack box (dunno how to call this properly) touches your hitbox before your attack box touches his hitbox - you die. If you want to block anyone's lv1 there's always a little window before the actual attack starts dealing the damage...

But once those legs be spinnin' there might just be nothing you can do but run.

Vysetron

Neo Member

See, this man understands. You don't nerf things early. You let the game be played for a while so that people get good and learn to beat the stuff that gives them trouble. Game balance takes time, especially in fighters, and ESPECIALLY in weird ones like this.

Vodh

See, this man understands. You don't nerf things early. You let the game be played for a while so that people get good and learn to beat the stuff that gives them trouble. Game balance takes time, especially in fighters, and ESPECIALLY in weird ones like this.

Haven't seen anyone saying that Sackboy's Lv3 isn't a retarded shit that should never make it through alpha. Everything else - sure, let's wait, but this bullshit has to be patched ASAP. Even if it's just respawning out of the bubbles after the first kill, that would make enough of a difference to warrant a 'wait and watch' approach for some time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just played a ranked match. I selected Radec, but the game changed my character before the match (the chick with the swords). Awesome.

Second match was OK...Except I feel like some characters have ridiculous priority over everyone else. Totally uncool.

J-Tier

Sackboy's level 3 is way too easy. That, at the least, needs nerfing.

EDIT: Also, most of us, myself included, could probably wreck most of those guys that showed up in WNF.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Haven't seen anyone saying that Sackboy's Lv3 isn't a retarded shit that should never make it through alpha. Everything else - sure, let's wait, but this bullshit has to be patched ASAP. Even if it's just respawning out of the bubbles after the first kill, that would make enough of a difference to warrant a 'wait and watch' approach for some time.

The only thing I'd think about changing at this point for Sacko's level 3 is the cost. 600 is probably too low, especially since most other non-screen clear level 3s get into the 700s.

I've been Sacked several times, and I still say it wouldn't be right to carelessly nerf it.

Dreavus

Got a chance to play this a little bit at a friends house. Surprisingly pretty fun! Although we were all kind of flailing at the controls the whole time so it was pretty chaotic.

After a few matches my friend booted up the training mode where it shows actual combos you can do, and I think we all had an "ah-ha" moment. I think the smash brothers comparison is so taken for granted that we didn't realize those were in there. Does everyone have combos you can perform like those? (Kratos was the one being demo'd)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Well the online is littered with glitches, just played somebody who went invisible for the whole round... pretty good.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I might sound like salty. I think I am with wasting my money on this game.

I have been trying to force myself to play more but I have huge issues with the game and it just made me want the game to fail so bad. I don't think superbots deserve the money because they just made game with lousy single players contents, glitchy online, and unbalanced game.

I think it's really sad because I think they just nailed it with battle system and characters' movesets. 2 vs 2 is hella fun, but that's only thing that they had for the game. They should listen to people who played the beta, and they asked them to fix glitchy online. They didn't, and the problems still existed in the game. I am tired of frustrating myself with invisible opponents, random disconnects, wrong characters, and etc. Did they ever hired any beta-testers, if they did then they did awful job. They should fire them and replace them with better players that are more knowledge of the game for Sequel. There are many more but you already heard it from other people here.

I don't think they are going to patch it anytime soon.

After a few matches my friend booted up the training mode where it shows actual combos you can do, and I think we all had an "ah-ha" moment. I think the smash brothers comparison is so taken for granted that we didn't realize those were in there. Does everyone have combos you can perform like those? (Kratos was the one being demo'd)

Well not everyone have a launcher > air combo. Even if they don't have that, they have other wacky combos. Though my favorites are those that can.

I might sound like salty. I think I am with wasting my money on this game.

I have been trying to force myself to play more but I have huge issues with the game and it just made me want the game to fail so bad. I don't think superbots deserve the money because they just made game with lousy single players contents, glitchy online, and unbalanced game.

I think it's really sad because I think they just nailed it with battle system and characters' movesets. 2 vs 2 is hella fun, but that's only thing that they had for the game. They should listen to people who played the beta, and they asked them to fix glitchy online. They didn't, and the problems still existed in the game. I am tired of frustrating myself with invisible opponents, random disconnects, wrong characters, and etc. Did they ever hired any beta-testers, if they did then they did awful job. They should fire them and replace them with better players that are more knowledge of the game for Sequel. There are many more but you already heard it from other people here.

I don't think they are going to patch it anytime soon.

I'm in complete agreement with you. What's even worse is their silence. In fact, they've been quite silent. They didn't even guarantee that problems in the beta would be fixed. I'm very disappointed when it comes to this.

Top Bottom