• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

I don't own a vita unfortunately, though I know that the online pass that's DL'd from the PSN is for the vita. Can someone who has a vita elaborate?

Open PS Store on vita. Go to download list. Download online pass from there. That is if you need one, which i think if you download the digital version you wont need. Id have to tell you in an hour when my vita is done backing up to my Externall HDD.

Did anyone else order from GAME in the UK? My copy arrived a week late and I don't see any codes or anything for the preorder costume DLC with it, just the online pass. Am I supposed to get it in an email or something?

Did anyone else order from GAME in the UK? My copy arrived a week late and I don't see any codes or anything for the preorder costume DLC with it, just the online pass. Am I supposed to get it in an email or something?

As far as i know, they send out codes via e-mail around release day to keep people from cancelling the game after they have received a code. I didn't order from them, but i remember reading something about limited avaliability of the codes under the pre-order incentives tab. I've looked up the game's page on their site a few days before release and the tab regarding the pre-order bonus was gone, so they might have had more pre-orders than codes.

As far as i know, they send out codes via e-mail around release day to keep people from cancelling the game after they have received a code. I didn't order from them, but i remember reading something about limited avaliability of the codes under the pre-order incentives tab. I've looked up the game's page on their site a few days before release and the tab regarding the pre-order bonus was gone, so they might have had more pre-orders than codes.

Thanks. Just saw that email now.

Skyzard

Banned

Email them, show them the receipt - wait a few days for a response.

=]

Someone up for 2v2? Only few days left to snab black belt on it !

Also gods work has been done. Redskins knocked from top 5. Now to hold #5 rank for a few days... #1 is FP player and #4 is Jak so thats pretty cool. #2 and 3 are Sackboy players.

cyborg009

Banned
Someone up for 2v2? Only few days left to snab black belt on it !

Also gods work has been done. Redskins knocked from top 5. Now to hold #5 rank for a few days... #1 is FP player and #4 is Jak so thats pretty cool. #2 and 3 are Sackboy players.

Me hopefully my Vita version won't ruin my matches.

God, I'm so excited to see how Kat plays in this game. She can't get be added soon enough.

Until then, looks like I'm settling on maining Raiden, Drake, and PaRappa, even though I'm still pretty crappy. But I get to pretend like I'm good when I play Raiden because he's so freaking OP and easy to use.

I'd enjoy using PaRappa so much more if he gained AP just a little faster/his level 2 didn't take so damn long to reach. As it is, he's almost useless against mid-range characters, and when you do manage to get a hit in, he gains almost no AP. Meh.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL I just fought the worst raiden and nariko, my partner left and it was 1 vs 2 the entire match and I still win.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Yea feels good when you go up against the same character but he's much higher then you and you win. My lvl 85 Sackboy against a lvl 996 sackboy and I win. Fuck yea.

Seth Killian ‏@sethkillian
PS All-Stars first patch notes incoming courtesy of @SuperBotEnt and @mvcClockw0rk :)

Oh boy...nerfs incoming?

Level 3 nerf, sure. I hope it's not too bad though. After using Sackboy and Toro, it's kind of nice to have one character that can score more than one kill in a certain amount of time. Toro has to work so hard to catch up when he's behind on stock/kills. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ratchet level 1 needs a range and duration nerf, but needs it's start up buffed so it's fast enough for comboing if that's done so he has a way to land supers. I hope sly's level will become interuptable as well currently its one of the few level 1's that are not

cyborg009

Banned
Patch notes
http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/36905289005/ps-all-stars-patch-1-02

A new item, Medusa’s Gaze, has been added to the game
View Invites has been added to the Party Bar Menu
Voice chat icon added to loading screens
AI logic enhancements
Network performance improvements
Issue where players were stuck with a different character than the one picked has been addressed
Issue with matchmaking in regards to player skill has been addressed
Overall improvements to network connectivity
Sackboy changes
Level 1 Super - Increase cost from 100 to 150 AP
Level 2 Super - Increase cost from 325 to 400 AP
Level 3 Super - Increase cost from 600 to 750 AP
Jam Session (Neutral Triangle) - Reduced AP generation from 25 down to 10 AP
Cakeinator (Neutral Circle) - Reduced AP generation from 25 down to 20 AP

Skyzard

Banned
oooouughffff that seems heavy on sackboy..

can't wait for the fixes and improvements though

seems like the can't (or delayed) respawn/invisible issues aren't fixed though? ..hopefully ninjafixes

...Uh. Why reduce Jam Session? It's so slow...

Eh, whatever. These changes don't bother me to be honest. Cheers, guys. :)

Kinda funny that nothing happened to Kratos or Raiden. *shrug*

SmithnCo

Nice. Medusa's Gaze might be fun for novelty matches. Hopefully the online changes work well.

Also LOL, Sackboy got nerfhammer'd hard.

Well, if we look at the AP gain for Sackboy's attacks:

Slap Happy: 5
Slap Happy 2: 20
Grabinator Grab: 25
Gripple Grapple: 25
Bounce Pad Shield: 30

Jam Session: 10
Jetpack Corkscrew: 20
Redline Corkscrew: 30
Jetpack Jump: 20

Cakeinator: 20
Electric Panel: 5

Sackboy really doesn't have it so bad I think. But we'll see.

Skyzard

Banned
Glad you guys should still enjoy playing him.

Yeah cyborg..bit of a shame they didn't..hopefully with the next patch.

I do hope the respawn delay is fixed with this update though..wonder when it lands

SmithnCo

Yeah, kinda surprised they focused on Sackboy and didn't tweak Kratos or Raiden a bit. They don't need a lot, maybe a little less AP generation on some moves. Sackboy was the one that really needed to be addressed.

Ran rp

I think the rest of the tourney should be postponed until next week when the patch hits. Me and cyborg weren't even able to play a proper match in the first round due to the network issues that are going to be fixed (hopefully).

Top Bottom