• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

J-Tier

Yeah, kinda surprised they focused on Sackboy and didn't tweak Kratos or Raiden a bit. They don't need a lot, maybe a little less AP generation on some moves. Sackboy was the one that really needed to be addressed.

I think with their telemetry, they want to see how it's going to turn out with those characters. I also think there will be frequent patches with such a system installed.

With Sackboy, the need for nerfing was undeniable. They had to get that out as soon as possible looking at WNF results and general complaints. So, although it was initially unplanned, the community reaction kinda forced this to happen.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ratchet level 1 needs a range and duration nerf, but needs it's start up buffed so it's fast enough for comboing if that's done so he has a way to land supers. I hope sly's level will become interuptable as well currently its one of the few level 1's that are not

Slys level 1 is interruptible. It just never gets interrupted because the invisibility mechanic makes it very easy to use it when there's no chance for interruption.

J-Tier

Slys level 1 is interruptible. It just never gets interrupted because the invisibility mechanic makes it very easy to use it when there's no chance for interruption.

Yep, I can confirm this too. His invisibility just makes it so that the opponent has a hard time preparing for it, since the Sly will be using the attack during optimal times while in hiding.

Moofers

Man does this game rock hard! Hearing all the music and little sounds from all these different games makes me want to play them all. Its like "Oh man! Hear that? I gotta throw in Twisted Metal! Oh wait! Its the theme from Killzone! Damn, I gotta put that in! Oh now its Uncharted!"

I love it. I really feel like this game should be in every PlayStation fan's library. Its going to be the go-to convention and party game for PS fans for years. Total riot. I'm in love.

Looking through my book, Sackboy's AP layout for his supers is now similar to Kratos, Raiden, Drake, Fat Princess, Radec, Dante and Ratchet.

SykoTech

Nice to see that a patch is coming soon. Online all the online issues people are having get fixed.

And I guess I can pick Sackboy without feeling like a jackass. Don't see why they nerfed Jam Session though. Moves pretty much useless given how slow it is.

KalBalboa

Banned
PSY・S;44932584 said:
I think the rest of the tourney should be postponed until next week when the patch hits. Me and cyborg weren't even able to play a proper match in the first round due to the network issues that are going to be fixed (hopefully).

This isnt a bad idea.

How's the tournament coming along? And is anyone playing a Jak + Ratchet duo?

Unfortunately not as well as I had planned :/

There are several teams who I haven't heard back from since they signed up, and matches have been lost or altered due to network issues.

I think that I may actually decide to postpone Round 2 until the patch hits. It'll be out early next week, right?

Mr. Fix

No Jak buffs? Hell. We'll see about Sackboy though. And I hope that means we get to mute before the start of the match.

They still did nothing to tone down the spamming. Come on.

J-Tier

Arguably has the best Level 1 of the game (can be combo'd off a counter) and excellent AP-building overall. His learning curve is deemed to be higher than Kratos', which is why he isn't as obvious for the top spot.

Don't forget about his divekick and his amazing Level 2.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Who are you curious about? I've got the guide.

And I hope that patch fixes the arcade stick issue with newer sticks :(

which one?

I had arcade stick (Street Fighter 4 Standard Edition) and it work just fine. I tested it last night but I ended up hating to use stick for Playstation All Star.

Sackboy deserves all that!

Now, if he wants to sit back and spam, he can still totally do that. His Super 3 can still get massive kills.

Play Sackboy against All Stars AI. He has a lot of great moves and tricks that dont resort to sitting back and throwing cake. I feel this is best for him, now we can start weeding out the cheap players from the great players. I am going to use Sackboy more often now, as I do want to play as him, but I always felt dirty doing it

Real happy to see them tackle the main issues with connectivity, hopefully we see that Kratos priority tweak coming soon, though they don't seem to think much of it.

GGs Napalm, your PaRappa is amazing

Anyone want to play a few 2v2 rounds with me so that i can get my brown belt? :)

Didn't you go offline >.<

And I would suggest anyone saying Raiden is OP think carefully. If his lvl 1 had lil bit more delay he would be on par with most others IMO. That Sackboy nerf seems a lil harsh imo. Gumball didn't need a nerf and imo lvl1 and 2 could have been left alone.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I killed some time on the bus ride home last night by setting up a 30 stock match against 2 AI. It was me, as Ratchet, AI Sly Cooper as my Partner, against AI Jak and AI Drake.

It was actually pretty damn fun, and killed the bus ride. I don't know if Jak gets enough love on this thread, because high level AI Jak was doing a great job setting up me and Sly for kills, as well as some effective combos. Drake was great at harassing us with his barrel attack.

Tonight's adventure will be me (as Ratchet, of course), teamed up with Radec, against high level Kratos and Raiden. Lol. Another 30 stock match. What map to use, though? I used Black Rock Stadium last night. I'm thinking perhaps Franzea or Columbia for tonight...

Also, @ Scrafty, me and my team mate, as well as our opponents for the tournament simply had scheduling issues this week due to things like, um, life, so we're going to set up a match tonight and report in with the results.

I'm really looking forward to finally taking my Ratchet out of single player and getting to it in this tourney!

Can someone explain the belts, again?

I dont understand, at what number does my belt upgrade, 99?

Also, Franzea has some camera issues. Sometimes the screen is slower to pull out, and I'll be offscreen for a bit

Can someone explain the belts, again?

I dont understand, at what number does my belt upgrade, 99?

Also, Franzea has some camera issues. Sometimes the screen is slower to pull out, and I'll be offscreen for a bit

Your belt upgrades at 99. Black belt can go higher and limit is probably 999.

Order of belts: White->Yellow->Blue->Green->Purple->Red->Brown->Black

Top Bottom