• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Jawmuncher

Finally played the game and it was a doozy.
Had a blast practicing my skills and hoping up online .

By far by biggest complaint is the menu and honestly the whole games UI . Seriously it looks beyond Amateurish.

i don't mind the super system, but when i play with some friends over the holidays i'm thinking of setting AP generation to high and having it timed, so there's no stalemates and people have no struggle getting decent supers

the one thing i'd like to see patched in is skippable level 3 cutscenes. heihachi's in particular is really annoying when used more than once in a match

If Heihachi reaches 2 lvl 3 supers you deserve to sit down and watch him laugh unless we are talking about custom modes.

JoshHood

Why do I have to accept the EULA everytime I play online? I also thought I was having the same problem I was during the beta (where I was stuck at the searching for opponents/connecting screen) but I have gotten into a few matches. Although it can still take longer than I'd like or kick me back to the character select screen with an error code.

This, Superbot. Why on earth do we have to scroll through it every single time, on both platforms,

Caffer

Neo Member
it seems I can't play with my main anymore... 3rd time in a row with a different character due to that glitch..

Leezard

Since lots of people missed their titles, did you play at the time when the leaderboards reset? I did not play at that time, and I got my titles. I got a pop up when I started the game today that congratulated me on my Red Belt and said that I had new titles.
It's just a thought that playing during the reset might cause some bugs.

I also got my titles. Hope this get fixed soon for the rest of you. I still find it stupid that the leaderboards get reset every month.

Caffer

Neo Member
Since lots of people missed their titles, did you play at the time when the leaderboards reset? I did not play at that time, and I got my titles. I got a pop up when I started the game today that congratulated me on my Red Belt and said that I had new titles.
It's just a thought that playing during the reset might cause some bugs.
i wasn't playing and i didn't unlock any titles..

Tsunamo

Mine appeared as soon as soon as I booted up the Vita version today, with it informing me the season had ended and I had recieved my green belt free for all titles. Sucks for those who didn't get them after all their effort, hope they appear for you all.

Caffer

Neo Member
just played a match with a raiden who got his lvl 2 active for like 1 minute until someone managed to kill him... superbot really needs to fix these things..

Nakiro

I got my titles, I only checked on Vita but I'll check the PS3 as well later in the day. Also up for some 2v2 to get that black belt back again...

Jawmuncher

I'm getting better and better with raiden.
Have been messing around with Dante as well.
Still need to give the rest of the characters a go. Will decide how I like them when i do their story mode

I'm getting better and better with raiden.
Have been messing around with Dante as well.
Still need to give the rest of the characters a go. Will decide how I like them when i do their story mode

Invalid. Everyone's good with Raiden by default.

On a seperate note, after my experiences today and last night, I am done playing this game online with anyone other than my friends. The prevailing attitude of "spam; there's nothing anyone can do about it!" and the lack of one iota of cognitive or strategic thought has soured me on it. Screw you, online. Screw you, spammers. And screw you game, for not only allowing but promoting this kind of behaviour.

/salt

On a seperate note, after my experiences today and last night, I am done playing this game online with anyone other than my friends. The prevailing attitude of "spam; there's nothing anyone can do about it!" and the lack of one iota of cognitive or strategic thought has soured me on it. Screw you, online. Screw you, spammers. And screw you game, for not only allowing but promoting this kind of behaviour.

/salt

This. The character changing bug made me play with Raiden for the first time. I destroyed my online opponents without even knowing his moveset. His moves and supers are so easy to use.

Leezard

Just checked again. I think it's a green belt. >.>"

Are the leaderboard stats supposed to be reset?

Yes, it appears like every calendar month is one "season", so the leaderboards get reset each month and you can thus receive (or not receive) the belt title rewards once a month.

pantsmith

/salt

2v2, while it has its share of horrible match ups (double spammer teams, like a double Kratos team in a small level, or a double sackboy team in a large level), is a good place to grab a friend and use skill and strategy to your advantage. In my mind 2v2 should be the games heaviest advertised mode.

Slurmer

Banned
I've been trying out Ratchet recently I think he's good but a bit cumbersome.
Hes great. Triangle, side squarex2, up square, up triangle gets you 140ap and is real easy tp pull off in one on one situations. Great moveset for fighting from a distance or in close. The only thing i dont like about him is his lvl 2 super.

This, Superbot. Why on earth do we have to scroll through it every single time, on both platforms,

I got destroyed by a Ratchet player the other day. He kept me in the air, or would go below me and use some aerial shot. Very good player, it's a shame Jak cant compare.

Though, I have to say, I have run into a fantastic Sir Dan player online. Beginning to wonder if these characters just require more skill to use than the rest. Sir Dan was great at level 1 hit confirming, and his super 2 is quite good. As for Jak, his Super 1 can be pretty good as an anti-air, and can even kill people next to u. But, I still feel he should get a slight buff. People say Sweet Tooth is underpowered, but I always felt Sweet Tooth was great. So when it comes to this, I am curious to see more players master these so-called underpowered characters. They seem to have unrealized potential. Yes, Raiden and Kratos are easier to use, but maybe if these guys get nerfed, Jak and Dan would relationally be worth a pick

I agree with Ratchet's super balancing, it isn't scaled properly.

His Super 2 should suck, since his Super 1 and 3 are fantastic.

Ideally, his Super 1 should get a nerf (way too easy to hit and time) and his Super 2 should get a time buff, or make the bubble effect have a bigger radius. His Super 2 is very undesirable, and this results in his very successful super 1 getting used more than it should

Top Bottom