• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

OmegaZero

No matter how many time I fight against a team of AI in PS All stars on Versus mode, I can't unlock the Champion trophy.

What am I doing wrong?

Versus Match > Ad-Hoc > My Dante on Team 1 > three AI on Team 2 > Fight > Win> No trophy.

EDIT: lol, tried it on WiFi mode and got the Trophy.

Weird.

I couldn't really find anything about this, but maybe some of detectiveGAF have found out when the Kat/Emmet DLC releases. I can't wait for that! More characters = awesome!! Plus that wipeout/heavenly sword stage.

Hit confirm supers are so lame.. it's like all the black belts use it.

Well, in any game you want to be sure your super actually hits. Random supers is a giant waste. I'm sure when you throw your supers out, in your mind they connect. Hit confirms just guarantee it.

This game is very similar to a traditional fighting game so it's no surprise that hit confirm combos are a thing. I know not every character has them, but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use them. And go figure all the high ranked people use them. They know the most efficient way to kill people, and part of the efficiency is making every super count.

Yea the game just seems dull at a high level. Just everyone using specific characters that area easier to hit confirm into level 1. Weee...

Well there are quite a few high lvl characters that have easy hitconfirm. Ratchet, Cole, ECole, Fatty, Raiden. Sly, Kratos, Parappa, Drake don't have and they are very capable of dealing with the other characters.

That said there is work to be done with balancing but it isn't that bad and high level play has many characters. Only ones I haven't seen are Dan, Heihachi, Spike and Big Daddy.

(I do still think Jak needs a buff).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I thought they didn't want level 1s to have confirms... but it seems like most of them actually do have confirms.

No they wanted level 1's to have confirms because the idea of level 1's is that earning kills with them consistently should net you a higher kill count than someone who saved up for a guaranteed series of kills off a level 3.

I thought they didn't want level 1s to have confirms... but it seems like most of them actually do have confirms.

Yeah this. I swear they said Level 1's were not combo-friendly, and that level 2's were. It seems rather that there were so many instances of comba-friendly super 1's that they left it at that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah this. I swear they said Level 1's were not combo-friendly, and that level 2's were. It seems rather that there were so many instances of comba-friendly super 1's that they left it at that?

Level 2's are more combo friendly than level 1's so they were not wrong about that at all

Nakiro

No they wanted level 1's to have confirms because the idea of level 1's is that earning kills with them consistently should net you a higher kill count than someone who saved up for a guaranteed series of kills off a level 3.

The part of the idea was that they are more risky, which hit confirms totally disregard. There's no risk involved in hit confirms.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hit confirm supers are so lame.. it's like all the black belts use it.

I'm less annoyed by the existance of hit confirms, and more annoyed by the lack of consistency with them.

Raiden has basically 3 or so moves that hit confirm into his lvl one, all basically guarenteed. Sir Dan an confirm off a lightning arrow, which has a somewhat tight window of working, and normally can be air-dodged through, giving the opponent advantage VS him if they tech right. Of course, this is somewhat helped by the fact that Dan's lvl 1 has 3 attack angles, but it's basically always a guessing game, never a guarentee.

Raiden's lvl 2 is a confirm in itself if the shockwave hits, and even if it misses, he still can hunt and chase people down. It also persist after the first kills, allowing more if the person is fast enough. Dan's lvl 2 has a beam that DOESN'T count as a hit, (only the Orbs), and after 1 dodge, the orbs have basically no chance to pass around and attack the opponent again... You can combo into the orbs... on occassion. if the orbs don't spawn INTO the opponent upon super start, then they can tech and punish.

Nariko can throw her discus to combo into her lvl1, but it's VERY space and height dependant. On flat stages it's solid, but too many slopes and platforms ruin it easily.

Spike can combo his lightning ball into lvl 1, but it's pretty chancey.

It just seems a bit mis-balanced. People who have confirms, have tons of them, and have multiple dependable supers, most of the time. People who have none, have non on either lvl 1 or 2, or their ways to get into the confirms are too precise, in comparision.

I'd be quite happy with each character having a confirm of varying difficulty, and varying risk, personally. Like for Dan, if his uppercut combo would confirm well-timed lightning arrow into his super 1, I think it'd be fair. He'd rooted while performing all of it. Also, his Super only hits in 1 chosen direction, so he can't even "protect" himself with Super, like Raiden.

If Jak could guarentee full pop-up red blast into lvl 1, that'd also be pretty fair. You'd be left open the entire time while charging, so it wouldn't really be a "pop and drop" situation, it would require some kind of setup and skill. The super itself also has OK-ish recovery, so it'd still be a bit of a calculated risk, as it makes him a non-moving target.

Fatty P has about 3 or 4 ways to combo into her lvl 1, but with the weaknesses of her 2 and especially 3, I actually find it kinda fair. I'd sacrifice a few confirms for being able to direct "CHICKEN!" into mid-air dashes, though...

So yeah, a better distribution / consistency of confirms wouldn't bother me at all...if the game is going to become "play those who have them, don't play those who don't!", why not let everyone have 1 or 2, so the character selection can be more about "pick the confirms you like"? Would automatically help compress the tiers some.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dude... you can combo into Sir dan's level 2. You just do Square square, up square, up square, then walk forward half an inch then super right away. 100% guaranteed combo and works on the entire cast

He builds supers fast enough that you should be aiming for level 2's with him and only level 1 when the oponent fucks up

Nakiro

Dude... you can combo into Sir dan's level 2. You just do Square square, up square, up square, then walk forward half an inch then super right away. 100% guaranteed combo and works on the entire cast

He builds supers fast enough that you should be aiming for level 2's with him and only level 1 when the oponent fucks up
His lvl 1 can also combo off that, however it's a hit or miss. If by wall up can get it otherwise diagonal works without moving.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
His lvl 1 can also combo off that, however it's a hit or miss. If by wall up can get it otherwise diagonal works without moving.

It doesn't combo off it you can't hit or miss a combo lol that's not a combo at that point. They tech before the super comes out which means they can just tech downwards. with the level 2 they get hit before the tech time

ptown

What are the properties of Sly explosive barrel move and Sackboy bouncey mattress move?

I'm not certain if projectiles or strikes work against them (I don't play those characters). Can anybody help?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What are the properties of Sly explosive barrel move and Sackboy bouncey mattress move?

I'm not certain if projectiles or strikes work against them (I don't play those characters). Can anybody help?

That's pretty much it, they guard/reflect projectiles.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

I mention that, though. The balls only count as hitting, the big red beam doesn't. It's a bit stupid, as any change in height will totally mess up the combo. (so try pulling it off on the sloped section in Drake's stage, for instance...) being on a slope would give time for them to tech out, as they'd be too high for the balls to spawn + hit for the combo.

I also hate how the balls can totally lose their tracking sometimes, and simple shoot off into space... that's really frustrating, and isn't always consistent (I think they should always lock on, it's not like they're hard to dodge or anything...)

And for all that meter-building to get lvl 2, you do as much with your super kill as... Raiden or Fatty P pulled off with their lvl 1 ages ago. And they have better thresh-combos.

I agree that with the Drumbstick Toss, Battle Axe-a-Rang, and Dragon Potion, (all mixed with ground combos and sweep mixups on wakeup) that he does a suprisingly good job at building meter (especially for one who doesn't have a reliable threshold combo), But if he's to depend on higher-meter super 2 for real confirms, then the move should be a bit stronger...

I do love using his lvl 1 super during extended Air combos from the likes of Nariko, Dante, or Raiden, though. And to punish poorly-placed Nariko Lvl 2s...

ptown

Thanks, Q.

I could have sworn I've striked them and either nothing happened (super armor) or I just straight up got hit like a counter.

Drencrom

This is for EuroGAF:

http://community.eu.playstation.com...a-Chimera-Fighting-Game-Moveset/td-p/17800438

It is a contest that consists on designing a Chimeran layout (from Resistance) if they were in PSASBR, and you have time until the year ends. You can win some Resistance and Starhawk merchandising for submitting (there's just one submission lol, so it might be easy win for you)

May it be some kind of hint about future DLC?

That's cool but...

NO CHIMERA CHARACTER PLEASE!

Resistance already have representation in the game, add a character from a 'new franchise'!

Franzea on Vita almost hurts my eyes lol. It's an excellent port and while character models are less detailed it's really a non issue due to the screen being perfect for the games colours and high resolution so it looks fantastic. I think the character change bug is still too prominant in the vita version.

Spike can combo his lightning ball into lvl 1, but it's pretty chancey.

I think you can hitconfirm with banana peels so thats better than nothing too.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
wzZqD.png

Never forget guys. Never. But hey, we're still gonna be here until we have 20K posts! So there's that.

leroidys

Just beat a Drake/Raiden team with Parappa(me) and Big Daddy(random) 11 - 2 on 3:00 Dreamscape. They were each really high level too.

FEELSGOODMAN.

Pachimari

I am SO close to going out to buy this game before the shops closes in 2 hours for the holidays. Always wanted a PlayStation fighter but also got Tekken Tag 2 and probably SF x TK as well. =/

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I am SO close to going out to buy this game before the shops closes in 2 hours for the holidays. Always wanted a PlayStation fighter but also got Tekken Tag 2 and probably SF x TK as well. =/

If you're really into fighters it's well worth it. Despite the glitches the online battles are pretty damn intense.

Just beat a Drake/Raiden team with Parappa(me) and Big Daddy(random) 11 - 2 on 3:00 Dreamscape. They were each really high level too.

FEELSGOODMAN.

What were the belts?

Does anyone else have to accept the EULA every time he boots up the game and wants to play online? Not a big deal, but it is slightly annoying.

Top Bottom