• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Cookie18

I've been playing the game on and off but I'm really into it now.

Anybody want to play some versus?

My PSN ID is x-360cookie-x

Edit: Had some great games with OmegaSpear. I need to practice so much more!

I just got the Vita version off of amazon. So I'll be joining yall as soon as the game arrives. Cheapest option so it might not come till the end of the year or early next year.

And after playing Gravity Rush I REALLY can't wait to play as Kat when she comes out. For now I'll probably stick to my favorite PS character, Sackboy.

I've been trashing the shit out of this game, it's much funner than brawl albeit not as much as melee. Picking this shit up for sure. Four player matches always turn into 1 hour 1v1s. Shit's so FUN.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Is anyone having a problem with the Vita version of not being able to start any matches? Our NAT shows up type 2 for Vita and playing online had worked fine, but the last few days every match I start quits with host error.

Drencrom

I've been trashing the shit out of this game, it's much funner than brawl albeit not as much as melee. Picking this shit up for sure. Four player matches always turn into 1 hour 1v1s. Shit's so FUN.

Nice to hear that you gave it chance instead of just writing it off completely.

Anyone up for a few gaemz?

Thanks for the games, Napalm! Sorry for dragging your rank down. I swear normally i'm better than this. :D

It seems i'm at my worst when i play with you. I get a bit too trigger happy with my level one trying to keep up with your kill count and the late hour didn't help. I hope we can still play some 2vs2 before the end of this season, i'd like to get a purple belt at least, but since i got noone to play with regularly, i'm stuck with some random that added me and it's one step forward, two steps back regarding ranking up.

Any of you pros feeling charitable enough to take me under his wing for some occasional 2vs2? :)

Thanks for the games, Napalm! Sorry for dragging your rank down. I swear normally i'm better than this. :D

It seems i'm at my worst when i play with you. I get a bit too trigger happy with my level one trying to keep up with your kill count and the late hour didn't help. I hope we can still play some 2vs2 before the end of this season, i'd like to get a purple belt at least, but since i got noone to play with regularly, i'm stuck with some random that added me and it's one step forward, two steps back regarding ranking up.

Any of you pros feeling charitable enough to take me under his wing for some occasional 2vs2? :)

I was playing like shit. It's pretty late and honestly I'm not on my A game when I play on vita.

I was playing like shit. It's pretty late and honestly I'm not on my A game when I play on vita.

Haha, i was actually about to go to bed when you showed up, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to play some 2vs2 before quitting for the night. It was way too late though, i should've been in bed hours ago, my concentration was severly lacking. I'll do better next time.

I know this has been brought up tons of times, but let me just say this while i'm still in the holiday spirit. How goddamn clueless must someone be when they keep spamming chains at me while i'm trying to go after a Radec player sitting in the opposite corner sniping away at all three of us for a prolonged time? Guess who won the match with a 7-0 kdr?

Edit: And why is it always people with higher belts that quit when you get a lead on them? Such bad sportsmanship.

Aesthet1c

Just got this game for Christmas! Excited to hop on and join everyone. Are there any noob friendly characters? So far I'm liking Raiden, Dante, and the Drake the best.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Hey guys! It's been a bit since I've posted, I've just been so busy the past few weeks. Just dropping in to say I'm still alive!

Anyway, still loving All Stars, but have mostly been playing offline, against the max difficulty AI. Hope you guys have had a great holiday so far! And welcome to all the newcomers to the game!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know this has been brought up tons of times, but let me just say this while i'm still in the holiday spirit. How goddamn clueless must someone be when they keep spamming chains at me while i'm trying to go after a Radec player sitting in the opposite corner sniping away at all three of us for a prolonged time? Guess who won the match with a 7-0 kdr?

Edit: And why is it always people with higher belts that quit when you get a lead on them? Such bad sportsmanship.

Those situations happened to me a lot. That's why I would like to avoid FFA often as I can. I loathe FFA because only morons playing those games. They just spammed their moves and not paying attention to other people's meters. They don't try to grab to reduce their meters/bars because they just are happy mashing.

For ragequits, I got a lot of ragequits and rage messages. It made me happy how salty they were, but at same time it got very old pretty fast.

For ragequits, I got a lot of ragequits and rage messages. It made me happy how salty they were, but at same time it got very old pretty fast.

I'm not good enough to get hatemail yet, but quitters are especially annoying when they're the hosts. I can't say that i win most of my matches, so when i'm about to win one against players with higher belts than me, it hurts even more to lose out on those points. We need host migration in this game, and while they're at it, dual PSN log-in please, Superbot!

Off topic, is there a way to finish Drake's brutal combo (3x square) with a kick every time, by button press timing or distance to the opponent, or is it down to the luck of the draw like with Cole?

P.S: What happened to figboy, is he banned? I miss his long rants. :D

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not good enough to get hatemail yet, but quitters are especially annoying when they're the hosts. I can't say that i win most of my matches, so when i'm about to win one against players with higher belts than me, it hurts even more to lose out on those points. We need host migration in this game, and while they're at it, dual PSN log-in please, Superbot!

Off topic, is there a way to finish Drake's brutal combo (3x square) with a kick every time, by button press timing or distance to the opponent, or is it down to the luck of the draw like with Cole?

P.S: What happened to figboy, is he banned? I miss his long rants. :D

Yeah, I want host migration.

Naw, he posted this statement today.

Hey guys! It's been a bit since I've posted, I've just been so busy the past few weeks. Just dropping in to say I'm still alive!

Anyway, still loving All Stars, but have mostly been playing offline, against the max difficulty AI. Hope you guys have had a great holiday so far! And welcome to all the newcomers to the game!

leroidys

I win about 80% of my matches, and I've never got a rage message. I've had a couple people add me to their friends list and a "ur good" and "good game". I usually play around 3 AM though so it's probably with Euros or something.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I win about 80% of my matches, and I've never got a rage message. I've had a couple people add me to their friends list and a "ur good" and "good game". I usually play around 3 AM though so it's probably with Euros or something.

Probably.

I don't understand why people need to hump on the grounds so often. I found them doing that very amusing. Usually we are one that are kicking their asses pretty hard after they landed first kills.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pretty pissed off right now... kept getting killed by sweet tooth in a ranked match when he wasn't even going for me. I was on the other side of the map! He kept saying "how am I getting this guy?" Pisses me off this bullshit affects belt points.

Zen

Banned
So I've been plaing the game for a little bit (go me!) AND i HAVE A LOT MORE i WANT TO SAY ON IT, BUT WILL SAVE THAT FOR ANOTHER POST AS i NEED TO CRASH.

Two questions:

Have they said if we can expect more DLC characters after Kat and the Warhawk guy?

Have they said if there will be any patches that will allow for more than just 2v2 or FFA online? 1v1v1 is actually fantastic, and it seems so odd to have 'ranked' play but no 1v1 mode.

What about individual item toggling for offline? Or making stage hazards lethal.

The game really shines in a 2v2, to be fair.

So I've been plaing the game for a little bit (go me!) AND i HAVE A LOT MORE i WANT TO SAY ON IT, BUT WILL SAVE THAT FOR ANOTHER POST AS i NEED TO CRASH.

Two questions:

Have they said if we can expect more DLC characters after Kat and the Warhawk guy?

Have they said if there will be any patches that will allow for more than just 2v2 or FFA online? 1v1v1 is actually fantastic, and it seems so odd to have 'ranked' play but no 1v1 mode.

What about individual item toggling for offline? Or making stage hazards lethal.

The game really shines in a 2v2, to be fair.
They have said more DLC are coming later next year. No info what tho. Technically could be characters, stages, costumes...

They are thinking about adding 1v1 to ranked. Problem is that the game is not being balanced with 1on1 in mind so it would probably give some characters big advantages over others. Both 1v1 and 1v1v1 are possible in the versus mode but I guess you know that already.

Items are toggleable. I think you have to press L2 or something in the character selection menu or something. I don't think they will be making hazards lethal.

Zen

Banned
They have said more DLC are coming later next year. No info what tho. Technically could be characters, stages, costumes...

They are thinking about adding 1v1 to ranked. Problem is that the game is not being balanced with 1on1 in mind so it would probably give some characters big advantages over others. Both 1v1 and 1v1v1 are possible in the versus mode but I guess you know that already.

Items are toggleable. I think you have to press L2 or something in the character selection menu or something. I don't think they will be making hazards lethal.

I think the problem of balance in 1v1 ranked would solve itself to a degree, since people would generally gravitate to the characters that were suited for it, and you'd know what you were getting into.

I find 1v1v1 actually to be a better experience than online ranked FFA. Having three people really helps slow down the action a bit, and it's even more tactical because the sources of your AP are more situational during he fight, FFA can feel like a bump rush with no strategy because omg gotta get meter before anyone else. In 1v1v1 you're always watching your back for how your engaging will open you up to the third man.

Thanks for the info. I'd like to see the option to make hazards lethal at least, it would be an interesting feature.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think the problem of balance in 1v1 ranked would solve itself to a degree, since people would generally gravitate to the characters that were suited for it, and you'd know what you were getting into.

This isn't balancing... this is weeding out either players or characters. There's really only a a handful of characters that are suitable for 1v1, and IMO Raiden has by far the biggest advantage.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Interesting...

SACKBOY RE-BROKEN CONFIRMED

Don't tell me that yall didn't know that move can reflect supers?

I think it's same thing with Sly if you timed it right.

Edited: For Sly, he used firecracker barrel or something like that. I was using radec from random, so I have to take sly out because he was annoying. When I had a chance to kill sly so I used my level 1 against Sly and somehow it got reflected back to me. I had to jumped out of missile's path to save myself.

Just got the retail Vita copy from amazon and been playing it for about an hour and a half. Played through Arcade mode with Sackboy and then played afew online matches.

I must say, this game is fun as hell. Sucks that the "story" isn't really...there, but knew most problems going into my purchase. Great fun game, I will probably stick to Sackboy since he is my favorite PS character (least until Kat comes out,) but will play thru all the characters and play them alot aswell.

But what is with the wierd online problem? I played four online matches and 3 out've 4 of those it didn't play as the character I selected. I heard about this problem before buying but didn't think it would be this bad. :/

I wanna play as Sackboy damnit!

Well...it was funny killing three people with a Super 1 Raiden when it was the first time I was playing as him. But seriously, wtf at this glitch? Kinda ruins online, main reason i bought it before.

Still, very fun game tho. Happy with it and can't wait to play more.

Zen

Banned
This isn't balancing... this is weeding out either players or characters. There's really only a a handful of characters that are suitable for 1v1, and IMO Raiden has by far the biggest advantage.

Sure it's not balancing, but does it really matter? There might only be a handful of suitable characters for 1v1, but they could always address that with actual balance updates, or just let the problem solve itself. At the end of the day Raiden and whomever would still have to build AP just like the other character even if they had a distinct advantage in terms of timing windows.

I think the game is already slight;y borked with each character not being made for 1v1 from the start, it doesn't really matter if you won't see Sackboy ripping up the 1v1 bracket or w/e.

My online experience was also unusually spotty last night. I've played 2vs2 with someone from my FL and it either took ages to find anyone (i'd keep hearing people talk on their mics before we lost them again) or at least one of us lost connection to the host at the start of the match. Maybe 1/4 of the matches went by without issues. This happened to me a lot when i've played the beta with CC, but it has been fine since i got the full game. Hopefully it was just a fluke and it'll resolve itself.

But what is with the wierd online problem? I played four online matches and 3 out've 4 of those it didn't play as the character I selected. I heard about this problem before buying but didn't think it would be this bad. :/

I wanna play as Sackboy damnit!

Well...it was funny killing three people with a Super 1 Raiden when it was the first time I was playing as him. But seriously, wtf at this glitch? Kinda ruins online, main reason i bought it before.

Still, very fun game tho. Happy with it and can't wait to play more.

A workaround for this problem is to back out of matchmaking if it goes from "Opponents found" back to "Searching for Opponents" and try again. I forgot who here came up with this solution, but it seems to work. I've only had the character switch glitch happen to me once or twice in a month of playing the game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Perhaps. Do you know how I could fix the issue or will I have to mess around with the settings :X

I'm not sure how but I think it's firewall in your router that kept causing disconnects. My friend have same problem because he would get disconnect after one or two battles.

Ryce

I held off on getting this due to the hype-deflating leaks and Paul Gale nonsense, but I couldn't be happier with the game. Everything from the gameplay to the move sets to the animation is superb. I feel like the critical consensus is really off the mark averaging in the mid-70s -- I haven't had this much fun with a fighting game in years.

I would like to see a few minor things patched in, though. The four intros and outros should be randomized, and you should be able to pick which taunt you want to use on the fly.

L2 - Taunt 1
Left/Right + L2 - Taunt 2
Up/Down + L2 - Taunt 3

It feels like a waste of animation getting to use only one from each category. I'd also like to be able to view the prologues, rivalry cutscenes, and epilogues in a theater mode.

Spinluck

I held off on getting this due to the hype-deflating leaks and Paul Gale nonsense, but I couldn't be happier with the game. Everything from the gameplay to the move sets to the animation is superb. I feel like the critical consensus is really off the mark averaging in the mid-70s -- I haven't had this much fun with a fighting game in years.

I would like to see a few minor things patched in, though. The four intros and outros should be randomized, and you should be able to pick which taunt you want to use on the fly.

L2 - Taunt 1
Left/Right + L2 - Taunt 2
Up/Down + L2 - Taunt 3

It feels like a waste of animation getting to use only one from each category. I'd also like to be able to view the prologues, rivalry cutscenes, and epilogues in a theater mode.

The game does some things really well.

I have some questions to you guys.

Is it fun for people who play alone online (i mean i dont have anyone to play with) and without micro. How is the single player mode and local mode?

Why was this thread moved to community so quickly? OT out for one month and bam. I never visit the community section; it smells funny round here.

Ahh finally i can post again. I was banned due to a comment in the gttv awards thread.

Anyway i still play this a lot but mostly on Vita. i think i like that version more.

Does the show score toggle not work for anyone? it always goes back to disabled once i back out the options menu.

Top Bottom