• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

MGS2 raiden
Teehee, you got the game for free man. $15 ain't no thang for you.

But a promise is a promise. Check your PM
grin.gif

Drencrom

If you are within 50 Belt Points of your opponent: +3 for beating an opponent, -3 for getting beat.
If your opponent is more than 50 BP above you: +5, -1
If you are more than 50 BP above your opponent: +1, -5

Note that players can be within 50 BP across Belts (i.e. a Purple Belt with 90 BP is within 20 of a Red Belt with 10 BP).
In FFA, every opponent gives or takes away BP depending on placement except when you tie.
Since the Black Belt is the highest Belt possible, over-achievers can accrue more than 100 Belt Points for their Black Belt.

This is why the belt system is frustrating as hell for players like me who pretty much only match make with players that are 50 BP below me in 2v2. We only win 2 BP each for every match and if we lose, -10 BP = 5 matches out the window. So you have to pretty much win every single match you're in if you want your belts....

On top of that, when a team rage-quit, you gain nothing. In one case, me and Leezard actually lost points...

EDIT: The players in ranked are mostly going for the best/easiest characters too (KRATOS AND RAIDEN), meanwhile in unranked people actually just play for fun with the full cast.

Also, most people didn't even get their frickin titles after the first season.

What i'm trying to say is that; Unranked >>>>>>>>>> Ranked

TheMink

This is why the belt system is frustrating as hell for players like me who pretty much only match make with players that are 50 BP below me in 2v2. We only win 2 BP each for every match and if we lose, -10 BP = 5 matches out the window. So you have to pretty much win every single match you're in if you want your belts....

On top of that, when a team rage-quit, you gain nothing. In one case, me and Leezard actually lost points...

EDIT: The players in ranked are mostly going for the best/easiest characters too (KRATOS AND RAIDEN), meanwhile in unranked people actually just play for fun with the full cast.

Also, most people didn't even get their frickin titles after the first season.

What i'm trying to say is that; Unranked >>>>>>>>>> Ranked

I didnt get any titles, but when i played arcade the cpus did :(

kvothe

Hey, I know this is random and off topic but I've seen this ":lol" everywhere and while I at first thought it was nothing more than a colon in front of an "lol" as if it were acting like an "=" sign. But I just now realized that it may be a face? Like the colon acts as eyes and the "lol" is a mouth? With two lips and the opening in the middle indicating a laugh?

TheMink

Hey, I know this is random and off topic but I've seen this ":lol" everywhere and while I at first thought it was nothing more than a colon in front of an "lol" as if it were acting like an "=" sign. But I just now realized that it may be a face? Like the colon acts as eyes and the "lol" is a mouth? With two lips and the opening in the middle indicating a laugh?

First off, awesome name. Name of the Wind +1

Thats what i always assumed it was :p
Never asked anyone haha

KTallguy

Banned

:lol used to automatically create a laughing smiley.
It was removed.

ascii42

Back when this forum still had smileys, :lol would draw a laughing smiley face. Now, people just use it to symbolically represent that. You may also see :jnc, which is a reference to user jakncoke, who overused the smileys.

kvothe

First off, awesome name. Name of the Wind +1

Thats what i always assumed it was :p
Never asked anyone haha

:lol used to automatically create a laughing smiley.
It was removed.

Back when this forum still had smileys, :lol would draw a laughing smiley face. Now, people just use it to symbolically represent that. You may also see :jnc, which is a reference to user jakncoke, who overused the smileys.

Ah, thank you all. Now it all makes sense.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GG's friend randomly popped by, so I had to jet. Oh and if you ever have meter there is no reason to NOT super me after an up throw lol

GGs, AnkiRendan. We'll have to play again sometime, TimeEffect! I really enjoyed our matches.

Know I just asked it, but in case anyone missed... anybody know a hit confirm for Parappas lvl1?

Wall bounce off of a throw is the only guranteed one, but if your opponent is new/slow, a mic pull into Level 1 will usually do the trick.

leroidys

Oh by the way I saw The Hobbit yesterday and they had 2 adds for this game (and a bioshock infinite ad that was all gameplay, which I thought was cool.)

His scorpion move in ninja stance sometimes bugs so it gets ''stuck in his feet'' and you can't use the move before dying.

Reminds me of a general glitch where you just fucking freeze! I think it happens if an enemy interrupts a move or something, but there's a definite bug where the character just stops moving. This stops either until you are hit by an enemy or, in one instance, not at all.

Very frustrating.

I also am still waiting on an explanation for the game rewarding players getting beat up with AP. I dont understand why that's the case?

Nakiro

Reminds me of a general glitch where you just fucking freeze! I think it happens if an enemy interrupts a move or something, but there's a definite bug where the character just stops moving. This stops either until you are hit by an enemy or, in one instance, not at all.

Very frustrating.

I also am still waiting on an explanation for the game rewarding players getting beat up with AP. I dont understand why that's the case?
I think that has something to do with lag, same with the one where you don't spawn and where people go invisible.

Ploid 3.0

This game will not let me play online random ranked or not matches. It don't have this problem when I play 1v1. Hoping it's just that today is a bad day to practice.

OmegaZero

OMG lol.

I was hit by Evil Cole's Lv2 when his partner (a Kratos) knocked me out of it.
So I spent most of the match glowing red, although I could still get comboed and fight like normal.

Then it comes down to me and Kratos, and he pulls a Lv1 out of nowhere that hits me .
Oddly enough, I didn't die or even flinch.
I just stopped glowing red.

So I proceeded to combo him into my Lv1 and win the match.

Ok I see why Drake is getting a nerf now. One drake just did the infinite thing all match against me and 2 raidens.

Just because a character has an infinite doesn't mean that the character is broken. It just means the infinite needs to be removed. In this case, Drake really is a good character that needs nerfing regardless of his infinite.

Dante has infinites via his bold empty cancels, but that doesn't make him a character that needs nerfs.

Ploid 3.0

Dante's is tame, and only really works in 1v1 and it stops after the combo cap is reached. It would take too long to finish in 4player ffa or 2v2.

This Drake setup was on sandover and he went to the edge of the cliff and did it. I couldn't reach him from a safe place with a range, and trying to hit him out of it from above usually ended in me falling off the cliff. I wonder if it's just good to use on sandover only. I would have stayed away from his platform but the raidens was feeding him ap. He didn't only do the shooting into cover rotation. If his position was getting too crowded he'd get us out of it with barrels and pulling us away so he can run back and start over again.

Oh by the way I saw The Hobbit yesterday and they had 2 adds for this game (and a bioshock infinite ad that was all gameplay, which I thought was cool.)

Did you happen to go to a Cinemark? The one I went to the other day did this as well (one full ad, one abbreviated).

J-Tier

Man, am I out of practice. Haven't played recently due to finals + PC gaming. I'll maybe dive in again sometime soon, not that I think my skills have gotten rusty. As I'm sure I'll still be able to kick ass.

SmithnCo

I'd like it if the level 2 and 3 meters had "markers" on them, so you could see how many 1s you could get out of your current 2 meter, etc. For stuff like Parappa's 3rd meter you wouldn't need it because the amount needed is less than the amount for a 2.

I'd like it if the level 2 and 3 meters had "markers" on them, so you could see how many 1s you could get out of your current 2 meter, etc. For stuff like Parappa's 3rd meter you wouldn't need it because the amount needed is less than the amount for a 2.

I see what you mean. I'd like that. Like a little segmented line within the bar itself

Personally, I still am bitter about no colour coded Super meters. I just think it'd look better and help make peripheral monitoring easier. I understand people think it looks too distracting though

Nakiro

Then you lose that happy feeling on the inside where you have a lvl 1 waiting for you even though you may have just used it.

Top Bottom