• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The game should give you bonus XP if you manage to "scare" off the other team, not steal points from you! :D
But seriously, we weren't even that far apart going by belts, they just saw a high character rank and abandoned hope. I'm just a red belt after all, can't imagine what it must be like for black belts when they get matched up with lower ranks. The quitting rate must be astronomical.

Meh, my cousin and I are both about 250 blackbelt and nobody ever quits.

So you're saying if a team ran the same play over and over again and the other team couldn't figure out a way to stop it, the winning team would be frowned upon or embarrassed? I think it's the other way around.

It's not running a play though, it's running with your tail between your legs. Back when certain sports first started this was a problem, and new rules had to keep being made so cowards woudn't exploit these systems, for instance- the shot clock in basketball was made because otherwise as soon as a team would score, they would just hold onto the ball the rest of the game. This would lead to extremely boring games and there would be nothing much you could really do. These people I played got a quick kill on black rock stadium, one of the biggest maps, and just started running around the map staying away, which with the way the super system works in the game, makes it very difficult to be able to do anything at all. It's not a matter of skill at all, it's an exploit.

pompidu

So I got this game today. Pretty fun if you play with friends! But holy hell I won't touch the online again, these characters are not balanced and people exploit the shit out of it. Making raiden have the fastest attack is really dumb specially when his specials are really easy.

Happy New Year guys! I had a tournament recently and did absolutely horrible in singles...well, reflecting on it, I'm going to eat crow for a sec and apologize. I was finally able to feel the effects of Sackboy's nerfs that day. Of course I still want to use the character, but I hope when Kat and Emmett are released they'll re-examine Sackboy.

So with that, I guess my PSAS NY resolution is to do better with both Sackboy and Toro as long as the game has a competitive scene here. Depending on what DLC characters there are (*cough*Kiryu*cough*) I'll add them as well!

I actually thought the nerfs were too much for a long time there and stopped using him. I still think he needs to be looked at, but the nerfs weren't as detrimental to my game as I thought, can still get to that level 3 most matches. But I've started to opt for level 1s more often, you can get people with the ele pad most times

TheMink

Today's GameFAQs poll...

PASBRPolloftheDay_zpsa43345a2.png

That's not a bad result by any means.

Second place is dang good.

J-Tier

What was the reaction to that poll? PSASBR's placing in particular?

And yes, we've considered the Pomeranian before, hahaha. Would be funny, though so many people would be salty if that ever happens.

Vysetron

Neo Member
So here's something that's been bothering me lately. What's the best way to deal with someone who uses counters a lot, say with Sly or Raiden? I know throws work, but if they don't have much meter you barely get any AP from it. There's got to be something I'm missing here.

So here's something that's been bothering me lately. What's the best way to deal with someone who uses counters a lot, say with Sly or Raiden? I know throws work, but if they don't have much meter you barely get any AP from it. There's got to be something I'm missing here.

Try to bait them to use counter cause they are free meat after that, especially if you have super ready. It can be hard tho depending how good the other player is. Never use the same attacks especially spamming if they are counter happy.

With Raiden best thing to do is use dodges a lot and get attacks in while you dodge behind him and he is in a middle of attack.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Try to bait them to use counter cause they are free meat after that, especially if you have super ready. It can be hard tho depending how good the other player is. Never use the same attacks especially spamming if they are counter happy.

With Raiden best thing to do is use dodges a lot and get attacks in while you dodge behind him and he is in a middle of attack.

Oh, I meant dealing with Sly and Raiden's counters, I don't play either of them. Raiden's not as bad on the counter front, but Sly's recovers so fast it's hard to fit moves in, even when I bait one out.

After platinuming Gravity Rush I want ETA on DLC kthanx superbat.

I had the same feeling after I just recently beat the story. Been playing through Starhawk (fantastic game) has made me really stoked for Emmett too.
I do hope there is/they clue us in to DLC pack #2 though. Starting to get worried that this first one will be the one and only.

More rage quitting, makes me so mad. Played a match on Sandover against two lower ranked players and a black belt with around 120 BP, myself being a red belt with 40-50 BP. The black belt was using Sly and i was winning the match, but i could see him saving up for a level 3 super, which he achieved a few seconds before the end. Luckily i hit him with my own level 1 before he could activate it, which possibly bought myself the win, since he would most likely not respawn on time. Just as the clock hit 1 second, it stopped counting down and i knew what was up. He was the host and he quit, ain't that nice?

So i looked up his username (Se_busca_) and he's in the top 30's on the world leaderboard. It fucking baffles me that people value achievements like this, which they clearly have not gained by fair means, more than proper competition. Can't take a fair loss? Don't play! I could've really used those points towards the next belt, whereas he didn't have anything to lose except a few spots on the leaderboard, but no, he had to protect his placement by any means necessary. Fuck that lower ranked player that busted his ass of for a win against him!

And before anyone asks, this isn't my first day online, i just find such behaviour disgusting. :D

Anyway, is it even possible for Superbot to patch in host migration or would it be something that has to be implemented from the start? It surprises me that devs so rarely take into account how low some players will stoop in order to win or avoid losing.

Edit: More quitting, this time in Quick Match. What's the point in that?

Ryce

Starting to get worried that this first one will be the one and only.
TheMink posted the entire roster before the leak, and his source claims that Ryu Hayabusa is DLC.

Seth Killian says that Kat and Emmett are the "first DLC characters", implying there are more to come.

Also, this makes it sound like we're going to get more than just Kat and Emmett:
Kat and Emmett have been confirmed for DLC, who else is on the way? Any hints? No names. Just hints.

Well… I can’t say we’re going to address everyone’s concerns or desires. There are obviously a lot of requests for characters we don’t own but some of the people who have been vocal on forums asking for specific characters, they’re going to get their way. If things work out.

DSmalls84

I just got this game as a gift and I'm trying to figure out how to activate my Vita version. I updated my PS3 and went to the disc benefits section and when I hit enter it says "Please Wait". Did I do this right? It's been on that screen for like 10 minutes.

Edit: Never mind it finally started working after it froze a few times.

Aceun

I just wanted to thank all the All Stars GAFers for this day. After lurking all the All Stars threads I decided to jump ship and create a NeoGAF account. Little did I know it's a fairly lengthy process lol.

I was there through it all though and even though I knew I would never be able to partake in the zaniness that was the wait for this game, I still felt I was part of something.

Today I find that I am now a GAFer. And although I have a long ways to go before being an "official official" GAFer as I call it... I am inspired to know that I can finally participate in this brilliant All Stars community. I've even seen people achieve the status of Member in these very PSAS threads!

Now bring on Kat and Emmett!

PSN: Aceun

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just wanted to thank all the All Stars GAFers for this day. After lurking all the All Stars threads I decided to jump ship and create a NeoGAF account. Little did I know it's a fairly lengthy process lol.

I was there through it all though and even though I knew I would never be able to partake in the zaniness that was the wait for this game, I still felt I was part of something.

Today I find that I am now a GAFer. And although I have a long ways to go before being an "official official" GAFer as I call it... I am inspired to know that I can finally participate in this brilliant All Stars community. I've even seen people achieve the status of Member in these very PSAS threads!

Welcome!

Good choice of beat em up game. Street of Rage 2. Aaah, good memories.

I'm surprised that we haven't got any release date for those DLC characters, so I hope that we don't get delay.

By chance is there anyone who bought the PS3 version but doesn't own a Vita and would like to sell the Vita code? I want to play it but I'd rather not pay the $35 on PSN if I can avoid it.

By chance is there anyone who bought the PS3 version but doesn't own a Vita and would like to sell the Vita code? I want to play it but I'd rather not pay the $35 on PSN if I can avoid it.

It doesn't work that way. You transfer the game from the disc directly to your Vita account so it cannot be sold.

TheMink

Yay! I can finally post again.

DLC Character Pack #2

Believe.

Hey cool, good to see you alive, thanks again for the art!

Weve had some good times

At least it didn't take you over a year.

KalBalboa

Banned
Jumped online with my buddy locally for some 2 v 2 and had an amazing triple-AP overtime match. Good Cole & Raiden versus Kratos & Sackboy. What a fight.

Aceun

I guess it wasn't that long at all!!

The official statement is "early next year" which sounds like Q1 to me. Q1 can be anytime between now and March.

I also have this really strange feeling that we might see Crash as DLC in the 2013 holiday season. Calling it now.

I finally got a chance to play this and I still can't get into it. Maybe I'm too used to smash bros but pressing X to jump feels really awkward and the characters aren't even closed to balanced. I only tried a couple but Kratos feels ridiculously overpowered and the guy from medieval seems ridiculously underpowered. It seems pretty much impossible to do combos with him and he's slow as shit.

pompidu

There a new balancing patch anytime soon? I can see why people quit during a match, raiden and kratos are beyond broken. If I see more than one, I quit as soon as the game starts.

SmithnCo

There a new balancing patch anytime soon? I can see why people quit during a match, raiden and kratos are beyond broken. If I see more than one, I quit as soon as the game starts.

I sure hope so. Kratos/Raiden in EVERY online match is just annoying. Mostly Kratos with the chain spam. Ridiculous priority. Maybe the patch will hit when Kat does.

pompidu

It sucks cause I like good Cole and sir Daniel but they are useless. Kratos and raiden just have to much range and so far the only characters with a full 360 attack move.

Had a weird glitch happen to me yesterday while playing FFA ranked. I was good Cole and was stuck in the ending animation of my level 3 right before he jumps back onto the stage for a good minute or two. My tornado was still active and I ended up with 20 something kills at the end of the match.

It sucks cause I like good Cole and sir Daniel but they are useless. Kratos and raiden just have to much range and so far the only characters with a full 360 attack move.

Good Cole is far from useless. He is in the higher half of tierlist no question. Dan is useless tho.

Good Cole is great at avoiding supers, Has great lvl 1 since he has very easy hitconfirms to it with side circle and the random finisher of his square square square combo. Be can gain AP by absorbin projectiles with his neutral circle so slow projectile starts are free ap for him (Sackboy, Radec sniper, Spike ect). He has great tools from afar and close. Lvl 2 is good, Lvl 3 is great. He is just a good character.

How come nobody uses Fat Princess? Is there anything that truly sucks about her? She gives me kicks and laughs. I'm slowly going up the ranks. We need to start a Team Girth or some shit for fat princesses to congregate.

J-Tier

How come nobody uses Fat Princess? Is there anything that truly sucks about her? She gives me kicks and laughs. I'm slowly going up the ranks. We need to start a Team Girth or some shit for fat princesses to congregate.

It's solely an aesthetic reason. Most folks only want to play the "cool" looking character an obese princess is the furthest from this making her the least popular character to play as.

But, she is indeed, one of the best characters in the game. At the least, you know she'll never get nerfed unless there's a random surge in popularity.

Top Bottom