• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Just wanted to say huge thanks to all the gaffers who have supported us since day one and beyond. You guys are awesome.

Kat, Emmett, and Fearless coming out in about a week!

Superbot forever! Haha you guys have been great since day 1. Best of luck to you on the new journey

Kurod

Banned
Just wanted to say huge thanks to all the gaffers who have supported us since day one and beyond. You guys are awesome.

Good luck to you and everyone else at Superbot. Love PSASBR. Thanks for the memories.

Thanks for the memories man. Meeting you in Toronto and you complimenting my MMPR sweater is something I'll never forget! I wish you and Superbot the best!

Really excited for the DLC. Super sad about what happened man :( I really, really wanted this IP to be fully realized as a franchise and that you guys got a sequel with a bigger budget.

SmithnCo

Abe was planned to be in the game apparently. (from the other thread) I wonder how far they got.

It sucks if it never happens now...

OwlyKnees

Apologies if this has been discussed before -

Any idea how much the 'Fearless' pack will cost? And what exactly does it entail? Just purely the new stage? Any other extras?

Apologies if this has been discussed before -

Any idea how much the 'Fearless' pack will cost? And what exactly does it entail? Just purely the new stage? Any other extras?

Just the stage (and access to easy silver trophy I presume :lol). You can still play the stage in random online matches without purchasing it.

Camjo-Z

Abe was planned to be in the game apparently. (from the other thread) I wonder how far they got.

It sucks if it never happens now...

Yeah, for those that had the good sense not to go in that thread, here's the quote:

Well, I don't it's any secret that Abe was going to be in it, we'd sent them a bunch of stuff, including an Abe model from New 'N' Tasty, and a lot of other reference stuff.

Very sad if he doesn't get in.

Drencrom

What a damn shame that this happened.. Was looking forward to a possible sequel that would've played more like Smash too. It's always sad when these things happen :[

I hope it works out.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Nariko has one really reliable hit confirm for her Level 1 (throw the shield downwards after a short hop) and one "fake" hit confirm a là most of Sir Dan's.

"Most" of Dan's? All I really know are juggles into arrow, and you can down tech out of that. What else is there?

Ryce

The worst part about this is that I sort of feel cheated; the game's fun, but I bought it full price on the promise that the roster was going to be expanded through DLC. Had I known the roster would cap at 22 characters I'd have waited for a price drop.

KalBalboa

Banned
The worst part about this is that I sort of feel cheated; the game's fun, but I bought it full price on the promise that the roster was going to be expanded through DLC. Had I known the roster would cap at 22 characters I'd have waited for a price drop.

So what, exactly, is Santa Monica doing with the game right now? I mean, is the DLC cone and just awaiting its release next week?

Ryce

The tweet is gone, what did it say?
imybDgOhFJzDc.PNG

That's the director of the Oddworld games, by the way.

TheMink

Man i really hope we get more stuff.

The reason i believe its possible is because a lot of the parts of building characters is outsourced to other teams. But the actual balancing part? Im not sure who does that if not superbot.

Wow. The production of this game has been a fucking disaster from start to finish. Contradictory statements from different people at SuperBot and Sony, leaks out the wazoo, a gimped launch roster, and now it seems we're not even getting any of that life-extending DLC we were promised beyond Kat, Emmett, and Fearless. Ugh. What a shame... this game deserved a lot better.

Who was it that said we'd be getting the next DLC announcements in March? Sony or SuperBot?

I wonder why the Oddworld guy's tweet was taken down. My hope is that it's because what he said was premature and incorrect. But my gut sadly says it's because Sony doesn't quite yet want to deal with the fan shitstorm that ensues from us finding out the game was killed along with Sony's ties with SuperBot being cut.

Ugh. Just, ugh.

SmithnCo

I wonder why the Oddworld guy's tweet was taken down. My hope is that it's because what he said was premature and incorrect. But my gut sadly says it's because Sony doesn't quite yet want to deal with the fan shitstorm that ensues from us finding out the game was killed along with Sony's ties with SuperBot being cut.

Ugh. Just, ugh.

Pretty much. They probably don't want to piss off anybody at Sony by getting fans riled up. Signs point to it just being cancelled.

^heyo

Source just told me the DLC i spoke of is still being worked on.

Well, that's a relief. Wish the characters weren't Isaac and Zeus, but you take what you can get I guess.

If Hayabusa is still coming, it'd make sense that there's a rival coming with him for a total of six DLC characters... but if Abe has been canceled, then who?

Man, I don't even know anymore.

Camjo-Z

Did you guys see this tweet from SM - it posted in the main thread:

http://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica/status/298923333163028480

Sony Santa Monica
‏@SonySantaMonica
@BunnyHiro @SuperBotEnt We're exploring opportunities to support #PSAllStars & workin a plan to provide additional DLC content in the future

This is awesome news, but I still hope Abe's cancellation is reconsidered. He's one of the most unique characters they could have added (next to Robbit of course, hint hint SSM)

BeastM0de

Neo Member
Honestly I am happy with the roster. The only thing I want is a 1v1 option. Preferably with belts and titles but 1v1 quick match would be enough.

Top Bottom