• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

OmegaZero

Yeah ive seen it, situational combos suck ass. :(

But i have done it. Using your shooting before comboing hunger sythe technique i got a 190AP combo.

When firing your guns the second time before going 1uphold you need to make sure every last bullet is counted (your total should be 70 at this point) then after the 1uphold continue until the mid air 2, you must hit every bullet with this one ad well before canceling into the side3 1.
Before the side3 your total should be 130, once you connect your total will burst to 190.

I swear to you its damn near impossible to cancel your guns IMMEDIATELY after you hit 70 going into the side3 up1 on the ground. When i do actually do im not even totally sure what i did differently to connect with it.

The far easier way is to do it in corner and after the ground guns go in to up3 because its so much faster than side3 up1.

The mid air gun cancel off of the 130 point is almost as difficult as the ground one and i also have no idea why i will sometimes succeed when other times i wont.

Does that make any sense lol?

If I'm reading this right, you start with the hunger loop, then continue with the combo you told me about previously?

Also, you can get an easy 196 AP by doing that optimized combo I mentioned without the s1 opening. :b

TheMink

If I'm reading this right, you start with the hunger loop, then continue with the combo you told me about previously?

Also, you can get an easy 196 AP by doing that optimized combo I mentioned without the s1 opening. :b

Yesh.

Mines faster tho ;P
But an "optimized" combo should never end on anything but 0 or 5 btw, if 196 is possible 200 should be too.

Actually i think it wont end on a 5 either. 0 is the only thing optimized bullets will land on.

OmegaZero

Yesh.

Mines faster tho ;P
But an "optimized" combo should never end on anything but 0 or 5 btw, if 196 is possible 200 should be too.

Actually i think it wont end on a 5 either. 0 is the only thing optimized bullets will land on.

I think it has to do with either the s1 hits in midair or the up 3 used as the launcher. But eh, I haven't really done any extensive testing. I just find what looks flashy and use it. :b

Spinluck

Bahahahaa

Aww man, just started playing Drake, haven't lost a match yet.

I usually refrain from playing characters I think are too good.

I'm either insanely good and he's my long lost character, or he's god tier with Kratos, and Raiden. Sly is still up there but not as good as these guys.

I average a level 3 right after it hits under 2 minutes in a match, and after that I go nuts with at least level 2 or a bunch of level 1's to follow.

Any who, can't wait for Kat and Emmit tomorrow. Should ease the wait of the PS4 reveal.

SmithnCo

I'm either insanely good and he's my long lost character, or he's god tier with Kratos, and Raiden. Sly is still up there but not as good as these guys.

He's probably near top tier with Kratos/Raiden, his zoning with the barrel, and AK running back and forward is pretty godly, along with his square melee attacks.

Spinluck

He's probably near top tier with Kratos/Raiden, his zoning with the barrel, and AK running back and forward is pretty godly, along with his square melee attacks.

I say he's up there with them.

His supers aren't really any better or worse than either of them, and he has a moveset that can punish opponents badly in almost any situation. His AP gain is really good, and if you stick to certain moves, he is really tough to punish.

TheMink

Bahahahaa

Aww man, just started playing Drake, haven't lost a match yet.

I usually refrain from playing characters I think are too good.

I average a level 3 right after it hits under 2 minutes in a match, and after that I go nuts with at least level 2 or a bunch of level 1's to follow.

Any who, can't wait for Kat and Emmit tomorrow. Should ease the wait of the PS4 reveal.

Up for a match?

Camjo-Z

Apparently Lara Croft was being considered for the game but S-E turned them down.

With regards to the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale question. We love what the guys and girls over at Sony have achieved with ASBR, they even approached us about the possibility of including Lara. But to be honest to us it all boiled down to timing. We really set out to create a reboot where the first time you experienced playing as Lara Croft it was in our game on March 5th and nowhere else. We’ll see what happens in the future.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=132316&page=3

Skyzard

Banned
I find myself more intrigued by the characters the more I play PSASBR, interested in trying out their games etc. And it's not like you'd buy PSASBR instead if you wanted to play a Lara Croft game hah. Missed a chance there but they'll be fine :p As DLC she'd be great.

BeastM0de

Neo Member
It's good to hear that superbot went after Laura. Maybe some day.

I am down for a second scrafty cup. I was on Team Lurkers in the first one. I think I have a partner lined up. If not, I am down to play with another gaffer.

Aceun

Apparently Lara Croft was being considered for the game but S-E turned them down.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=132316&page=3

This could be good news for Lara potentially down the line. Though that is completely up to how well TR does, what SSM ultimately decides to do with future DLC, and if there are enough fan requests.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing another character similar to Nate. I'm getting tired of seeing him demolish anyway. Besides, instead of barrels we can have TIGERS!

KAT AND EMMETT! WOOT!

Teams Registered:

Mink 'n' Stein (TheMink and JStein)

Camjo Ball Z (Camjo-Z and friend)

Da Vikings (Napalm_Frank and Drencrom)

Batmen (Troubled Bat and friend)

TMNPSASB (cool_trainer and teh_awesomeness)

BaHeathmut (Bahamut_24 and IntelliHeath)

Lurking Beasts (Beastm0de and friend)

Boogie Knights (Vysetron and friend)

Teams of regulars who have not re-registered:

SmithnCow

Time-is-Obsolete

Broronto

Psyborg

Updated with more teams. Cutoff is Thursday morning EST!

J-Tier

I wonder what would've happened if Sony bought all of these properties back when they were successful. Like owning Crash, Spyro, Lara, and possibly even Square (Pre-Square Enix). Though if that happened, franchises like Kingdom Hearts may have never existed haha, so I guess things are best as they are.

OmegaZero

Don't be wimp, GAFS! Sign up for Tournament and provide us wrong. :p

I would love to, but my internet is inconsistent at best when it comes to gaming online. :/
I usually play until I start getting tons of connection issues and then quit.

Some of you guys should record the fights so I can at least watch how GAFfers duke it out. :b

Thanks for reminding me, Omega.

We also have a YouTube channel set up for this tournament, so if anyone is able to record their matches, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, rules are same as before (2v2, 5 stock, best of three), but with one difference: no items or stage hazards. I don't want no Medusa heads screwing up my tourney.

Aceun

I would love to be in on the action! My PSN is Aceun and my non-GAF partner's PSN is KeyDagger forming the ultra-creative and remarkably inventive team... AceDagger.

Cha

Kat and Emmet are coming today?!! (12/02/2013??)
Hopefully this also means I can get through the "searching for opponents" message when i try later. This is the only game that refuses to let me play online :/
Whoop! Kat!

OwlyKnees

Kat and Emmet are coming today?!! (12/02/2013??)
Hopefully this also means I can get through the "searching for opponents" message when i try later. This is the only game that refuses to let me play online :/
Whoop! Kat!

Yeah, there can be large chunks of time were I'm sitting waiting to find an opponent, when I know that other people are sitting waiting at the same moment. It refuses to connect. Sometimes I find that backing out to the character select screen and then connecting again helps. If you can't connect at all though, it won't be much use.

The network issues are a real downer. Especially losing connection to the host on the Vita. It means you have to reconnect, pick your match type, select your character (which is a further separate screen on the Vita) and then confirm it twice more before it'll search again. So much wasted time.

Tsunamo

Time to get back into the game now that Kat and Emmett are coming!
Can't wait to get back into All-Stars, I've missed the game and the community so much.

Pachimari

I still have this game sitting in my Vita and I have only played Arcade through with Jak and Raiden and that's it. I really should get going soon!

I can't wait for the DLC today but man is that wait going to suck. My prediction is they'll go up at like 6PM PST (or GCT, Grace Chen Time), which basically means I can't play them tonight because I live on the East Coast. Goddamn you Grace Chen Time!

Top Bottom