• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

beat

Is there seriously nobody at SuperBot/Santa Monica who realizes that the "Store" option is completely useless and connects to the older layout?

So you guys are able to download Kat & Emmett? I get "no content was found" when I try to go to the store via the game's char select screen.

Can't wait to get home and DL these. I'll be having to do it twice because I play on both, but primarily on my Vita. I can't fit that patch yet until I get my 32GB card tomorrow - 800MB is RETARDED, seriously. If they thought once to try encouraging people to go all digital they failed with that, reminds me of those insane Escape Plan updates.

Still excited though~ I think I'll probably be finally buying the costume DLC too, although I am mad it isn't everyones' costumes, but the only ones not included I could give two shits about (the shitty third party cash ins). It goes to show how limited those third party deals were when they can't even resell the preorder costume DLC. Shame on Sony for not giving this game the budget it deserved :\

OwlyKnees

Did they add the rival stage or was it always available and I just never encountered it? Seems unlikely.

Had one match in Fearless (which was fantastic, really cramped and the drop is nice) and the rival stage thereafter (terrible, lack of music and the bland scheme are boring).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
When I first played I thought that it felt slightly different too but I just chalked it up to me trying to find improvements that weren't there lol

Just saw new glitch. Sackboy had white pad on him almost whole game until I killed him. I had to kill him because he had pad stuck on him (without using any moves) caused almost all of our projectiles reflecting back to us.

OwlyKnees

Seriously, what I'd give for more regular DLC. Just having an extra stage alone gives me that rush from the first day with the game.

Great work, by the way, Kal. Hopefully get a few more people back over here, as you said.

Wait, the only new trophy is for the Fearless stage? No trophies for the characters?

8468153077_5ff6c101fc_b.jpg

8468153307_693ac05cbe_b.jpg

Seriously, what I'd give for more regular DLC. Just having an extra stage alone gives me that rush from the first day with the game.

Great work, by the way, Kal. Hopefully get a few more people back over here, as you said.

This. I'm as excited again now as I was on the game's release day. It pains me to think the game's future is seriously in question in terms of DLC.

J-Tier

Man, people are really taking the "All Star" bit of the title literally. Perhaps it wasn't the best title. But is it a big deal? Idk.

Speaking of super-obscure-unpopular-characters-from-a-crappy-game-that-totally-flopped-yet-would-have-an-interesting-moveset...

A playable character from Kung Fu Rider would really have an interesting moveset. Like Karin as she'd be another female character, though this is REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel.

She'd be funny because I image her rolling around on an office chair/stool, with similar (but tighter) controls to Parappa's skateboard. She'd start out pushing the chair, then hopping on and riding it around, doing kicks, punches, "parkour" and acrobatics involving the chair's swivel and physics.

Alas, this game already gets enough heat for using obscure characters. In my opinion, if they're interesting and fun, then why not? But it would just add fuel to an imaginary fire =/

Ryce

As much as I genuinely want him, there's going to be such a huge backlash against Zeus (assuming Mink knows what he's talking about) that I'm going to feel bad for SuperBot/Santa Monica.

SSReborn

You know what I wish All Stars did? If you're idle on the lobby to long it will load up a match between random CPU characters fighting each other like other fighters do.

Speaking of super-obscure-unpopular-characters-from-a-crappy-game-that-totally-flopped-yet-would-have-an-interesting-moveset...

A playable character from Kung Fu Rider would really have an interesting moveset. Like Karin as she'd be another female character, though this is REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel.

She'd be funny because I image her rolling around on an office chair/stool, with similar (but tighter) controls to Parappa's skateboard. She'd start out pushing the chair, then hopping on and riding it around, doing kicks, punches, "parkour" and acrobatics involving the chair's swivel and physics.

WOW, she has a gorgeous render - like does she look that good in game? >_> I'm considering buying Kung Fu Rider just for that and the easy trophies .. aw there's no platinum bahaha. Still, wow at that render. Sadly she makes more sense than Big Daddy, and probably Dino, Heihachi and Raiden too in comparison to who should have been in the game.

You know what I wish All Stars did? If you're idle on the lobby to long it will load up a match between random CPU characters fighting each other like other fighters do.

The game is pretty barebones in terms of extras, unlockables, etc. There's like 600 titles but pretty much nothing else so I doubt we'll see anything like that, unless by some miracle we get the sequel we've been hoping/demanding.

Jonboy

Can't believe they haven't added ranked 1v1 yet. Seems like such a basic thing to have. Heck, they haven't even added unranked 1v1.

Only current way to do this is inviting a friend to a versus game. Ridiculous for a fighting game.

J-Tier

Can't believe they haven't added ranked 1v1 yet. Seems like such a basic thing to have. Heck, they haven't even added unranked 1v1.

Only current way to do this is inviting a friend to a versus game. Ridiculous for a fighting game.

During a podcast, they said that they were looking into it, but were afraid it would split the community. In example, as is, the community is split between 2v2 and FFA, and some folks only stick to those modes.

They were afraid that by adding more modes, there would be less folks in other modes, and people trying to get matches in those modes would have trouble finding matches.

Though I do agree, I'd like 1v1 implemented in some way.

Aceun

I AM STOKED FOR THE RIVALRY STAGE!!

I think it looks visually awesome, the music is fantastic and the size is perfect for 1v1s.

Jonboy

During a podcast, they said that they were looking into it, but were afraid it would split the community. In example, as is, the community is split between 2v2 and FFA, and some folks only stick to those modes.

They were afraid that by adding more modes, there would be less folks in other modes, and people trying to get matches in those modes would have trouble finding matches.

Though I do agree, I'd like 1v1 implemented in some way.
Ah. I see. Sounds to me like not very many people are playing it, lol. Can't see a game like COD, Battlefield, Street Fighter, etc... worrying about that.

Which podcast if you don't mind me asking?

J-Tier

Ah. I see. Sounds to me like not very many people are playing it, lol. Can't see a game like COD, Battlefield, Street Fighter, etc... worrying about that.

Which podcast if you don't mind me asking?

http://syanara17.podomatic.com/entry/2012-07-16T15_42_02-07_00

Somewhere in this one.

WOW, she has a gorgeous render - like does she look that good in game? >_> I'm considering buying Kung Fu Rider just for that and the easy trophies .. aw there's no platinum bahaha. Still, wow at that render. Sadly she makes more sense than Big Daddy, and probably Dino, Heihachi and Raiden too in comparison to who should have been in the game..
I wouldn't advise buying it xD Unless it were literally a couple of dollars.

http://syanara17.podomatic.com/entry/2012-07-16T15_42_02-07_00

Somewhere in this one.

I wouldn't advise buying it xD Unless it were literally a couple of dollars.

I dunno man, doesn't she get into some suggestive poses on that chair at some points? >_> Hubba hubba. I'd much rather see that in PSABR than Dante's ugly new face, or Heihachi's ridiculous hair. We need some more females in the game darn it :( So tired of the sausagefest that is PSABR.

Played the new stage, so refreshing to see it, and it's pretty good.

Made me remember: I hope SB patches it so that we can pick specific stage phases, would really appreciate that

Any changes in character mechanics?

sn00zer

Haha finally...great stage...wish the WipeOut vehicles were around more though....and like the Kai running around in the background

Top Bottom