• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

There are no gameplay videos yet? I wanna see them in motion (not just the trailer gameplay), gahh, why do Europeans have to wait a day for the update.

SSReborn

Neonsands

Neo Member
Nobody even knows how excited I am for Emmett. My friends, who I will be spending all night playing this with, are all excited for Kat, but I just know Emmett will be my favorite.

Yeah I've seen those vids. Hope this game isn't completely abandonned with Santa Monica in charge of the DLC, hopefully they'll be able to score something exciting.

Do we know if Kat and Emmett will get 2 extra costumes?

OwlyKnees

I've had other games to catch up on before this generation ends (a couple which were in All-Stars funnily enough) and I figured I'd come back to it fresh when the DLC characters released.

Understandable! Was just curious. Seems a lot of people are coming back for the DLC eager to get back into things. Which, ultimately, is the main goal of most DLC.

Tsunamo

Yeah I've seen those vids. Hope this game isn't completely abandoned with Santa Monica in charge of the DLC, hopefully they'll be able to score something exciting.
Yeah, I hope so aswell. It would be such a shame if what Superbot started with DLC would just be finished with Kat and Emmett, I have faith in Sony Santa Monica though.
Understandable! Was just curious. Seems a lot of people are coming back for the DLC eager to get back into things. Which, ultimately, is the main goal of most DLC.
Fair enough!
And yeah, it's a great entry point to get people back on board and keep people playing post release if done right (like here where Kat and Emmett are free for the first two weeks and Fearless being available to everyone in ranked matches, so it doesn't fragment the community for the game)

SSReborn

Yeah, I hope so aswell. It would be such a shame if what Superbot started with DLC would just be finished with Kat and Emmett, I have faith in Sony Santa Monica though.

Superbot says there is still some DLC they made that we didn't see yet so we have at least one more pack coming even in SSM doesn't do anything with the game.

Tsunamo

Superbot says there is still some DLC they made that we didn't see yet so we have at least one more pack coming even in SSM doesn't do anything with the game.
Oh really? That's great to hear!
I guess that's what the March announcement for the game was related to.

Spinluck

Fighting a Kratos that knows what he's doing is a scary thing. I barely won with my Dante against one today, but I've lost to other Krati plenty of times.

I really good Kratos who doesn't mash, and actually knows how to use him might never lose.

You'll come to find his level 2 has like the most set ups in the game. Or at least it's up there.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm in eu too but will download the dlc from my us account on ps3 to get an early preview since we probably have to wait to tomorrow.

At least that's my plan anyway, should be okay I think.

-since they are only free for 2 weeks pretty sure you will need to get the unlock code from the store when it updates... Could be wrong though.

Vita update out too 816mb! Characters, stage, minions. 2 minions free to unlock.

SSReborn

After downloading the patch Kat and Emmett are on the character select screen with an "unlock" and it looks slightly different they got rid of those star things at the side, also they changed Dante's icon and character select picture. All the new minions are there too and they need to be purchased to be used. They also have new backgrounds, and icons for the new characters.

Step

Haha I just started the game and Kat was there , the pic looks a little low res though.

EDIT: all the minions are there to unlock from the store. And the rival stage is now avaliable to play!!!!

Was this posted?

LaraRocks2: Will Lara ever be featured in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale?

Karl Steward: With regards to the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale question. We love what the guys and girls over at Sony have achieved with ASBR, they even approached us about the possibility of including Lara. But to be honest to us it all boiled down to timing. We really set out to create a reboot where the first time you experienced playing as Lara Croft it was in our game on March 5th and nowhere else. We’ll see what happens in the future.

Also, are you kidding me? 816mb?

8467921023_0c665a5d14_b.jpg

OwlyKnees

816 makes complete sense.

2 new characters (models, voice work, sound effects, Emmett's Starhawk andweapons pods)
Cutscenes (2 openings, 2 endings, 2 rivalries)
18 minions
An entirely new stage
GUI changes to add in new stage, characters and minions

~800 megs seems about right.

It's only 549mb on the PS3. I wonder why there is such a difference?

Camjo-Z

Why did they add Curtis the Panda? Seems like the last character I would have thought would be a minion. Free is free though, I'm not complaining!

Ryce

Is there seriously nobody at SuperBot/Santa Monica who realizes that the "Store" option is completely useless and connects to the older layout?

Camjo-Z

Is there seriously nobody at SuperBot/Santa Monica who realizes that the "Store" option is completely useless and connects to the older layout?

It's like that for all games I've played with an in-game store option. It will probably update with the characters/minions/stage when the regular store does though.

Now that the DLC characters are available to download and play as, has anybody made a thread about it in the main Gaming section yet? I'm sure lots of people would like to know that they can grab these two for free now, whether they own the game or not.

Oh shit, they're up. Nice. And it sounds like this new patch adds some things we weren't expecting. Gotta go download it and check it out before I leave for the day!

WatTsu

So wait, the new minions are up too? Are those paid DLC or unlockable?

I figure Kat and Emmett's would be, but I'm more curious about the others.

Step

So wait, the new minions are up too? Are those paid DLC or unlockable?

I figure Kat and Emmett's would be, but I'm more curious about the others.

2 Free and the rest paid.

I like that the game finally has a Final Destination stage, I hope the add polygon stage too I love its random hazards.

Top Bottom