• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Noi

Ugh, I'm reminded of how bad Arcade mode is. :/

Quick and dirty 145 AP with Kat:
Square > Square> Square > Down+Circle > Square > Square > Square > Triangle > (Air) Triangle

They never said the stage would be free, when asked they said something like "We're still working out how to handle it".
Yeah I guess not, but they included the stage in the same blog post that said the first DLC will be free for the first 2 weeks so it was a bit misleading whether they intended it or not.

Just played two Emmetts on Dojo. Turrets, turrets everywhere! Luckily they weren't very good and i easily took the win. Haven't seen Kat or the new stage though.

Looking forward to when they hit the EU store tomorrow.

$2! Hope it is £2!

It should be less than that.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Any ideas as to how to earn AP with Emmett? So far I've had some trouble without using the launcher or shotgun, and those are a bit of a crapshoot.

Love his air forward triangle though. Just spraaaays bullets. Really controls space.

Vysetron

Neo Member
A tip: When you're playing Emmett, grab the Killer Bees any time they show up. Then spawn yourself a launcher. You can combo all three forward triangles because the bee shots keep them juggled. I just did this against two people at once. Shit was hilarious.

Just spent some time practicing with Kat.

Here's a 130 ap combo you can do that can start with either Down+Square or Up+Circle:
Down+Square/Up+Circle > Up+Square(hold up) > Circle > Down+Circle > Square > Square > Up+Triangle.

Just played two Emmetts on Dojo. Turrets, turrets everywhere! Luckily they weren't very good and i easily took the win.

And now i beat 2 Kats in Columbia. Not to say that it's an achievement, as they were obviously just starting out with her. Anyway, it feels really fun to have some new characters in the game, even if i'm currently just playing against them. Kat seems to have some crazy mobility, i can see how she will be a huge pain in the ass when used by good players. Btw, i haven't played GR and mostly know her from 2d character art, but her face looks a bit weird in her character select render. Does it accurately portray what she looks like in her game? Though from what i've seen of her in the match outro, her in-game model looks better.

Noi

And now i beat 2 Kats in Columbia. Not to say that it's an achievement, as they were obviously just starting out with her. Anyway, feels really fun to have some new characters in the game, even if i'm currently just playing against them. Kat seems to have some crazy mobility, i can see how she will be a huge pain in the ass when used by good players. Btw, i haven't played GR and mostly know her from her 2d character art, but her face looks a bit weird in her character select render. Does it accurately portray what she looks like in her game? Though from what i've seen of her in the match outro, her in-game model looks better.

Her (and Emmett's) Character Select portraits are really rough compared to everyone else. The in-game model IS better though, yes.

Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda unfair the Kat has a 360 degree grab that she can perform after a blocked mix-up? :/

Really digging Emmett, though. I love coming up with new ways to use his guns and turrets in tandem.

sn00zer

Some crow eating should go around to people saying Emmet would play like Radec or jak...dues fun to play and really simple combos make him a go to for me

Noi

Kat isn't really french, the language in Gravity Rush is a made-up language made to sound like french, haha.

Some crow eating should go around to people saying Emmet would play like Radec or jak...dues fun to play and really simple combos make him a go to for me

Personally, I never said that he'd play like them. It's more that it's yet another character that uses guns.

pantsmith

Forgive me if I missed something obvious, but isnt it more expensive to buy the "Super Pack" of minions than it is to buy the three smaller packs individually?

WatTsu

Picked up Kat and Emmett and the Buzz and Elena minions (none of the others really did anything for me) since I had a spare dollar in the wallet. Gonna add some funds and get the stage in a bit.

Kat is definitely pretty neat. Not sure how to use her yet but I like playing as her in this game more than I liked playing as her in her own game.

plainr_

Holy shit I just played against Clockw0rk. I was going after him the whole time and I ended up with the worst score in the game. 4-8. lol

Also dat Nariko level 3.

Top Bottom