• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

So would you guys say Kat is a good novice/crappy skill level character like SuperBot and IGN said, or is she a little trickier and more technical? I still haven't gotten home to try her out myself. :(

Isaac from Dead Space?

Yep. TheMink's source has said that the next pair of DLC characters is likely to be Zeus and Isaac Clarke. Blegh.

Ran rp

Yeah, I'm trying it against the AI set to dodge and they can't seem to dodge it. The chairs are quite fast and give you just enough time to super them.

Definitely good mind games even if they can dodge out of it, better than blind-firing her level 1.

I'm trying it too. It's a little predictable when you see Kat pull out the chairs but if you manage to land a hit I think it's a confirm.

Step

Sometimes it doesn't work, but if they are about to jump when you trow it and hit them in the air seems like is a 100% kill

TheMink

Yeah, I'm trying it against the AI set to dodge and they can't seem to dodge it. The chairs are quite fast and give you just enough time to super them.

Definitely good mind games even if they can dodge out of it, better than blind-firing her level 1.

Its hard to keep the chairs alive though

Ran rp

So would you guys say Kat is a good novice/crappy skill level character like SuperBot and IGN said, or is she a little trickier and more technical? I still haven't gotten home to try her out myself. :(

I'd say she's a novice character, yeah. She's quick, she can cover great distances easily, she builds up AP quickly, and her level 1 can explode and kill other players than the one person you have to trap.

SmithnCo

Sometimes it doesn't work, but if they are about to jump when you trow it and hit them in the air seems like is a 100% kill

For Kat's level 2? I noticed that too. I think you gotta wait a split second to get it to right when they're about to jump out.

edit: For the chairs, at least it gives an easy confirm for when other people are stuck in attack animations, so you know they won't dodge out as long as you nail them with a chair.

jwk94

Yep. TheMink's source has said that the next pair of DLC characters is likely to be Zeus and Isaac Clarke. Blegh.

Huh, that's interesting...

I think I got the hit confirm for Kat's level 1. Jump and do her down triangle, then immediately after her backflip, press down X she'll gravity shift down which is when you'll want to pull off the special. It might take a bit of practice, but I'm pretty sure you can get them while they're rebounding off the ground. I don't think they have any invincibility frames (think i got that right) after they bounce.

So in summary:

Aerial Down Triangle + Down X + Level 1

Aceun

Haven't touched Kat yet, but Emmett is tricky as !@#$ to use.

Although, that level 2 seems downright BOSS at the moment.

Level 1 with no loadout is pretty slow. With the shotgun loadout it's fast but a really short range (decent hitbox around him though). And with the rocket launcher it goes farther than the level one but not as far as I'd hope.

He's a total turtle character though with the turret, but when people beat up the turret they get AP! So it seems like more of a distraction. Level 3 is dope!

Need more time with the actual moveset.

SmithnCo

I think I got the hit confirm for Kat's level 1. Jump and do her down triangle, then immediately after her backflip, press down X she'll gravity shift down which is when you'll want to pull off the special. It might take a bit of practice, but I'm pretty sure you can get them while they're rebounding off the ground. I don't think they have any invincibility frames (think i got that right) after they bounce.

So in summary:

How is the timing? Really fast? I haven't been able to pull it off yet in practice.

Ran rp

Huh, that's interesting...

So in summary:

Can't seem to pull it off. Her 1 is too slow. Edit: Wait she can stick to walls!?

jwk94

I'm still trying to get it myself.
KuGsj.gif

PSY・S;47652058 said:
Can't seem to pull it off. Her 1 is too slow. Edit: Wait she can stick to walls!?

Yeah,, she can also dash in the air.

jwk94

lol. It looks like you can continue her neutral square combo by pulling off a jump and upward gravity shift (up+x)? I'm not enirely sure. I've done it twice by accident but I can't seem to pull it off willingly.

EDIT:

Guess it's not up x, it's just holding up + square.

Hmm my source does not agree with TheMink's. I kinda really want to see how Zeus plays out though. It would be freaking sweet to play as the greek god himself.
I'm really liking Kat by the way. She feels like the quickest character, and that's normally what I gravitate (har har) towards. There not being a hit confirm for that level 1 can lead to some funny 1 on 1 matches though.
Oh gosh this DLC came on the wrong day. I have so much work I need to do. If anybody catches me online you have permission to destroy me. Otherwise I need to get busy.
Love seeing the PSAS Gaf scene revitalized

Ran rp

Hmm my source does not agree with TheMink's. I kinda really want to see how Zeus plays out though. It would be freaking sweet to play as the greek god himself.
I'm really liking Kat by the way. She feels like the quickest character, and that's normally what I gravitate (har har) towards. There not being a hit confirm for that level 1 can lead to some funny 1 on 1 matches though.
Oh gosh this DLC came on the wrong day. I have so much work I need to do. If anybody catches me online you have permission to destroy me. Otherwise I need to get busy.

Chair throw > Level 1 seems to be a good hit confirm.

SmithnCo

Okay, so does Kat have any obvious weaknesses so far?

Well, so far the only hit confirms she has for her level 1 involve the barrels/chairs, and those can be tricky to hold onto and can give away your intentions.

Her combos are really easy though, even AP limit stuff, and she gets AP fast, so having to use chairs doesn't seem like a big weakness. Her throw is double sided as well, and can combo into her 1 if you have chairs which seems like a powerful tool. The range on the throw might be smaller/slower than others though, I'm not sure.

J-Tier

As a Rachet player...I'm force to throw down tesla traps all over the place to keep her mobility in check. Even then, she has tools that just take down my traps.

PSY・S;47651275 said:
I'd say she's a novice character, yeah. She's quick, she can cover great distances easily, she builds up AP quickly, and her level 1 can explode and kill other players than the one person you have to trap.

Awesome. Sounds like she's a good bet for my main. Can't wait to try her out.

SmithnCo

Kat's chairs can confirm on anything with a little stun, like aerial down triangle and down circle. It's actually a neat idea, you have to manage your projectiles and try not to lose them so you can have a chance to confirm.

What does your source say is coming that's different from what TheMink's says?

As far as I know; Emmett only has one hit confirm, and it's very slow and hard to hit with (side square haymaker into shotgun Level 1).

EDIT: Schobeleth; you'll get Isaac and Zeus and you'll like it, gorammit.

Sad part is you're probably right. Since Sony has basically cut all ties to this game and developer I'm putting zero expectation in something worthwhile. We'll get lame hand me down, third party cash ins or insanely stupid choices like Zeus. .

What next, Kessler from infamous?
even though he is Cole they were probably thinking "OH HE TOTALLY MAKES SENSE, SEE HE'S NOT A CLONE BECAUSE HE HAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MOVESET"

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Ryu or something insanely stupid like that.

Ran rp

Sad part is you're probably right. Since Sony has basically cut all ties to this game and developer I'm putting zero expectation in something worthwhile. We'll get lame hand me down, third party cash ins or insanely stupid choices like Zeus. .

What next, Kessler from infamous?
even though he is Cole they were probably thinking "OH HE TOTALLY MAKES SENSE, SEE HE'S NOT A CLONE BECAUSE HE HAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MOVESET"

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Ryu or something insanely stupid like that.

Karin from Kung Fu Rider.

PSY・S;47654499 said:
Karin from Kung Fu Rider.

Hey man at least she's attractive and. . Not a dude. This game seriously needs less dudes. It shoukd be mandated that at maximum further dlc has only one dude or male creature, the other has to be female.

J-Tier

Next character I really want is Robbit, then maybe Ellen from Folklore.

I know they won't gain any new buyers though.

Also, anybody buy all the minions yet? I know there's a super pack 1 & 2, and I know that one costs way more than the other.

Spinluck

The hit confirm I've been using is down triangle, then level 1.

Seems to work for me. Me and my bro did a crap load of 1v1's with both Emmett and Kat.

I am so maining Kat now, I am a combo machine with her. And that's without using the nooby ass combos.

PSY・S;47654923 said:
Wavedashing is too much of a pain to pull off to care about it in the heat of battle.

A lot of the terrible map design will render this useless in most situations, that, and shit like Drake's barrel, Sly's electrical slide, and other annoying crap.

SmithnCo

I just bought Kuro so Kat can have two black cats following her around.

Anyway, she seems fun, though getting those chairs out in the heat of battle can be hard, especially on a small stage.

The hit confirm I've been using is down triangle, then level 1.

Aerial down triangle, or slide into square?

Y'all still online? I'm ready for more.

Surprisingly also, I'm seeing people stick to their own favourites. I mean, what better way to get some wins than on new characters, anyway?

Top Bottom