• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Since EU only gets dem DLC laterish i need to discuss about something i noticed.

Carnival Island was incredibly weird choice so i looked up who made it. It was co-developed by SCE Santa Monica. And so was Escape Plan.

Sooooooooo most of the minions if there will be more will probably be from their games.
(Althought if they will be free minions then huzzah?)

List of all their games.

Spinluck

I just bought Kuro so Kat can have two black cats following her around.

Anyway, she seems fun, though getting those chairs out in the heat of battle can be hard, especially on a small stage.

Aerial down triangle, or slide into square?

The down triangle slide on the ground, square (the sliding kick while sliding), then level 1.

EDIT: I sometimes use the item toss with circle, then do the sliding kick into level 1.

Or land the first two hits of her neutral square, then go into the sliding kick set up.

Not sure if these are legitimate hit confirms, but no one seems to block em' when I execute it well.

KevinCow

Banned
I actually wouldn't mind Isaac Clarke because he's one of the cooler and more unique character designs this gen. Same reason I like Big Daddy.

But his level 1 would have to be the STOMP OF DOOM.

I need to go get my PS3 so I can play Kat and Emmett.

Oublieux

Alright guys, you got me. I ended up caving and buying this game (albeit a bit late!). Since I'm late to the party I was wondering if there were any resources I could read/watch to learn some advanced tactics and combos? I'm pretty sure my ass will be handed to me as this is more combo-based than Smash.

MAtgS

At this point, I think I'd settle for Sackboy in a Cloud Strife costume. At least FF7 would be getting some sort of representation then.

KalBalboa

Banned
Emmett is pretty fun, not gonna lie.

Yeah, I'm really liking his style. They really nailed every character they've implemented into this game.

So... who's getting announce in March? Do we think that Tweet last week confirms Abe is going to happen? Was happening? Why remove the tweet, if so?

Well, I know not to try that again...

Sir Daniels Level 2 WILL NOT BEAT Kats level 2

Me and my friend hit confirmed Dans level 1 off of Dantes Helm Breaker, taking out both characters on the other teams side. It was hype!

Then my controller decided to RUN ME INTO EACH AND EVERY RAIDEN SUPER....Yeah, that wasn't fun.

Since EU only gets dem DLC laterish i need to discuss about something i noticed.

Carnival Island was incredibly weird choice so i looked up who made it. It was co-developed by SCE Santa Monica. And so was Escape Plan.

Sooooooooo most of the minions if there will be more will probably be from their games.
(Althought if they will be free minions then huzzah?)

List of all their games.

Journey stage and The Last Guardian character rep incoming!
I wish.

Nakiro

So why is the super pack more expensive then buying all 3... is there anything extra thrown in there or did they get their pricing mixed up?

OMG they're already up in EU?! *runs*

Excellent, these recent early EU updates rock!
But good god, how long does it take for funds added via paypal to show up on your account? I've added money an hour ago and it still doesn't show, it would've been faster if i just bought a PSN code online. I want to buy the new stage.

If it's true that Zeus and Isaac Clark are the next DLC characters then that just makes me want to weep. I thought I read that the SuperBot team were paying close attention to who was in demand and that they were picking candidates based on who fans wanted. Who the fuck asked for Isaac Clark!?

Please don't be true please don't be true please don't be true.

Where did the Zeus and Isaac rumor come from? I'd rather have Lil or Laarg, Sorcery Finn or Journey character... why can't they get those since Santa Monica was invovled. Anything but Zeus...

OwlyKnees

Really enjoying the new characters and stage!

Kat seems a little too well-equipped, but she is very, very fun to play with. Again, Superbot recreated and integrated another character while retaining what makes them unique from their respective games.

Emmett is scary! I don't have the patience right now to figure out too much, but there are a ton of possibilities with him and I'm excited to see what the community discovers.

Fearless is also a great addition. To be honest, any new stage is appreciated, but the cramped, layered nature of the second half is a blast. Being a huge Wipeout fan, I'm thankful that it managed to make it in through in any form.

Now, give me more character/stage DLC! I will buy it. All of it.

After 3 hours i still haven't gotten the funds i added via paypal, so i decided to google if anyone else had the same problem and sure enough, i found a thread on the playstation forums about it. Apparently your paypal account has to be from the same country as you PSN account, or the funding order will be cancelled, which is exactly what happened to me. Oh well, back to ordering PSN codes.

Gimme almost any character besides Isaac Clark. We dont want another bad 3rd party character fiasco. There is already 3 bad ones. 4th one would be slaughter from media.

And no to second character reps. Why? Many good ones are already stage gimmicks so it would feel stupid. Save em for potential sequel. And yes EvilCole still hurts because they act as if he was so different.

And because i want to know if my requested character would be good ill ask you all:
Would you like Patapon character in anyway?

WatTsu

Not a Dead Space fan but you could do some fun stuff with an Isaac Clarke.

Also, are we talking God of War Zeus or some other Zeus?

Edit: OK, it is God of War Zeus. That's...huh.

Still kinda interested in Clarke.

Tsunamo

Just got the DLC! Kat's great fun to play as!

I'm not a fan of Issac are Zeus being the next DLC. I think they'd make for good additions depending on what they did with their moveset (Zeus especially could be fun going by the fighting game style between him and Kratos that was done near the end of 3) but they feel like really weird picks for DLC over others, especially considering one's another secondary character from a franchise. Regardless I'm still happy that we'll be getting more DLC, even if it's just one more pack.
And because i want to know if my requested character would be good ill ask you all:
Would you like Patapon character in anyway?
Since the game was revealed I've wished for a Patapon character that makes use of the different units. I don't really know how it would work, but i'd love to see it happen if it was excecuted right.

Cha

Kat is crazy fun to play with! Dat gravity slide!

edit: still stuck with a "searching for opponents" screen whenever i try to get online. I'm quite sad about that.
Edit 2: Oh wait, i got into one match just now. 1 match. It was good. so good!

All of Kat's moves are dashes of sorts, which works because that's pretty much all she does in Gravity Rush. Her movement is amazingly fun. And Emmett is surprisingly very good. Not sure how he'll stand up against the all the Kratos/Raiden/Dante players but still very fun character.

And no to second character reps. Why? Many good ones are already stage gimmicks so it would feel stupid. Save em for potential sequel. And yes EvilCole still hurts because they act as if he was so different.
Evil Cole was a good addition. My main character is Good Cole and I do pretty well with him, but can't do anything with Evil Cole, and I know people who are the exact opposite. They appear similar but have very different styles if you ask me. Would of been too much to combine as one character with different stances like Toro.

PowderedToast

What are the chances Solid Snake will be released as DLC?

going by the nature of previous third party characters, his inclusion and design would likely have to tie in with a new konami release in a similar fashion to MGR, DmC and tekken tag. so if there ever was a chance it would probably have something to do with ground zeroes.

SmithnCo

Yeah, isn't it just down throw, throw a chair, use level 1? Must be missing something or I don't get the timing

Yeah, you can do it off of pretty much any move that has stun. The easiest is down throw, or slide into square. Aerial down triangle, and down circle have slightly trickier timing but it's still pretty easy.

Basically, throw them down, then wait a split second until they are in front of Kat, don't throw the chair right after the throw or they'll be too high. Then immediately super after the chair throw. The chairs stun just enough to get a super in, as long as you super right after pressing circle.

Just played a couple of quick matches. As predicted...

EverythingWasUncharted_zpsb34643fe.png

Kat's great though. Played through her arcade mode as well and I think that SuperBot nailed her. Everything feels right. She's super mobile, the range of attacks are there and they've captured the charm of the original game. She sounds a bit spotty though. I don't think that's the same actress from Gravity Rush unfortunately.

OwlyKnees

Interesting, I'm seeing Emmett more often than Kat online. I fully expect to see both, anyway, as they are new and exciting for most people. In other words, it's a great time for some easy wins.

Also, gaining SP from moves that can't destroy Emmett's turret is horrible.

I'm in love with Emmet guys. Absolute love. Turrets, ez money and climbing up a mech all in one character? Thank you superbot. Thank you so much.

SmithnCo

PSY・S;47673433 said:
Kat's confirm is easy to pull off but a little hard to set up.

Yeah, keeping the chairs alive is tricky, and spawning them takes a while. Could be hard to find an opening, especially in 1v1. Which is good I think because Kat would be too good with an easy confirm.

I'm in love with Emmet guys. Absolute love. Turrets, ez money and climbing up a mech all in one character? Thank you superbot. Thank you so much.

Any tips for using Emmet? I've got a good handle on Sweet Tooth and Radec so I thought he would just come natural to me, but I'm playing like Helen Keller whenever I tried using him online.

Also, assuming Clarke is DLC, what do you guys think his supers could possible be? The only thing I can think of is maybe a straight shot with the Ripper for his level one...and maybe cinematic a level 3 showing the eye drill closing in on opponents :)

Ugh, I've lost pretty much all the games today. Haven't played in over a month and usually won with Fat Princess all the time and now... I suck.

Top Bottom