• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Don't need to add you to the list since you will get partner pretty fast.

Guys who seek for a partner, look at poor lonely Scrafty. He's very serious about fighting game and I recommend you to grab him soon as possible before you regret it! :p

If I wan't Team Time-is-Obsolete I'd be all over Team Canada: ScraftyTime,

<3

Who is CC's partner? Surely he is going to be in this, in which case Scrafty would have a mean PaRappa on his side

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Combat Trial info (spoiler-coded for Figboy :p)

"The are 84 Combat Trial Goals in all.

- Each character has a set of trial goals per difficulty (HERO, LEGEND, ALL-STAR)

- General CTs are stuff like completing blocking drills, avoiding level hazzards, etc. There are 10 of these.

Correction on Combat Trials:

Each character has 23 specific character trials. I was mistakenly reading the goals count under customization.

So to clarify 23 trials PER CHARACTER. 84 Goals under customization. I believe that means 84 customization options to unlock in all."

Personally,
It all sounds like what we've seen in Training mode, I just hope it's difficult enough. I was really hoping for SSB-esque challenges like "Destroy x number of targets in y minutes". I dont think there's any info on specific combat trials yet. Maybe for DLC/sequel

I really do appreciate the spoiler tags. At least until Tuesday. Lol.

When does this tourney start again I'm kinda out of the loop?

I think we are giving each other a week to play the game casually. I wouldnt want to go right in to it, as it would suck the enjoyment out of casually playing the game. Teams will be finalized a day after the game is out, I think. And we decided to go with your idea of selecting each other's opponents. We've decided that you will be Shirtless Dante, and only Shirtless Dante. If you choose differently, you will be disqualified.

Spinluck

kLHUo.png

I see everyone on GAF using this now, lol.

What's the story behind it?

If I wan't Team Time-is-Obsolete I'd be all over Team Canada: ScraftyTime,

<3

Who is CC's partner? Surely he is going to be in this, in which case Scrafty would have a mean PaRappa on his side

I haven't been able to get ahold of him yet, and I doubt I'll be able to this weekend due to life. If someone could do me a solid and check with him for me, I'd be much obliged.

You should dump Man-is-Obsolete and come be with me. I'm sure he can do fine on his own ;)

Just checked a few stores after work and none of them had it. They talking about Monday :(. Pfft I'd rather just buy it the next day at GS. What ticked me off was they had Sonic & Sega ALL-StARS there to buy.

Spinluck

Games Journalism. To put it into perspective, just imagine that Colin guy with a bunch of PSAS gear on. Not biased at all!

Geoff Keighley's our very own Doritos Pope.

geoffking5ikci.png

Ahhhh.. I gotchya.

Lol.

Journalism is supposed to be impartial

Just checked a few stores after work and none of them had it. They talking about Monday :(. Pfft I'd rather just buy it the next day at GS. What ticked me off was they had Sonic & Sega ALL-StARS there to buy.

Next week I'm making a back to back purchase on games that have All-Stars in their title. First time in my life that has ever happened. True story!!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a little confused on what the timing is like for this tournament thing. I might try and partner with a friend but everyone I know is flying around to meet with families and junk considering it being the holidays and everything.

I'm a little confused on what the timing is like for this tournament thing. I might try and partner with a friend but everyone I know is flying around to meet with families and junk considering it being the holidays and everything.
Delay it until the week after thanksgiving then? People like me in the UK will only receive it on Friday, so it could be a good idea.

Mr. Fix

Kratos' arcade run.

That final stage needs to be an option for the offline and online mp.
Kratos is surprisingly chill.

It was on that day, Shepard Geoff climbed Mount. Dew and spoke to the code red burning bush.
It was on that day, he met a higher more xtreme power.

Blessed be thy name.

In the name of the father, son, and holy salsa verde doritos.

LOL, these never get old.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Delay it until the week after thanksgiving then? People like me in the UK will only receive it on Friday, so it could be a good idea.

I just want to know when it is so I can see if my partner would be available. So i guess it's Thanksgiving weekend?

I'm fine with that, I'd just find a neogafer to partner with. If you guys want to delay it for the UK then thats cool, but don't delay it on my account.

I just want to know when it is so I can see if my partner would be available. So i guess it's Thanksgiving weekend?

I'm fine with that, I'd just find a neogafer to partner with. If you guys want to delay it for the UK then thats cool, but don't delay it on my account.

It's not going to be a single-day affair. Due to the amount of coordination it will take as well as the stinginess of people's schedules, each round will probably last a couple of days to allow people enough time to complete their matches.

SSReborn

When I saw the topic I thought it'd be you! Geez the next game I want badly I'm definitely gonna go to that place!

lol he's been to busy playing to give me a run down he gave me like the biggest tease lol

"THIS GAME.
THIS.
GAME.
I'm reaching tomorrow for like 10. Make sure you're up. All I'm gonna sayyyy LOl"

Ploid 3.0

I've been avoiding these threads to let my anticipation calm down (and now the game is almost out. Worked out well), so what is the downside of getting digital version from PSN? There's no alt costumes and such huh?

Ran rp

If Sony ever makes a new LocoRoco game it should look exactly like Franzea. That artstyle translates into 3D flawlessly.

Also in that Kratos vid:
Those first matches are incredibly boring. They should have been stock matches instead of timed.

I hate when I'm so stoked for a game and as it nears launch day, I suddenly lose interest in playing my current games. I just got Halo 4 and I rented BLOPS 2 and I just rather hunt down this game.
UGH!!!

Oh and that Kratos arcade run video was boring. I don't know what it is but the way arcade mode is done in this game looks cursory.
3 minute 1v1 matches?? It's just random fight after fight, rival cutscene and fight and then boss fight.

I would've liked for some added flair in between matches or SOMETHING.
Idk maybe the difficulty made it look boring. Maybe I was expecting it to be like Smash bros more and not Street fighter? Oh well.

I hope the CPU can hold it's own. I used to love playing Melee and battling three level 9 CPU's on team.
PSY&#12539;S;44452470 said:
If Sony ever makes a new LocoRoco game it should look exactly like Franzea. That artstyle translates into 3D flawlessly.

Also in that Kratos vid:
Those first matches are incredibly boring. They should have been stock matches instead of timed.

Yes I felt the exact same way. Maybe on higher difficulty it will be better for us better players.

SmithnCo

I've been avoiding these threads to let my anticipation calm down (and now the game is almost out. Worked out well), so what is the downside of getting digital version from PSN? There's no alt costumes and such huh?

There are alts, at least in NA, and you can download right at midnight and share to two PS3s.

The downside is no physical media I guess, if you like collecting or just staying physical.

PSY&#12539;S;44452470 said:

Also in that Kratos vid:

I just want to see the difficulty at its max, because so far the AI has been pathetic.

Also,
Where is the backstory for why this mashup is happening and PMan's motivations? It's just slapped together, fans were really expecting them to at least explain why things are happening. Instead Kratos casually decides to fight a guy like Drake in Parappa's stage without question. And then Polygon Man just dies just like that.

Ploid 3.0

You can pre-order it on US PSN and get the Costumes.

There are alts, at least in NA, and you can download right at midnight and share to two PS3s.

The downside is no physical media I guess, if you like collecting or just staying physical.

Oh cool, thanks guys, I figured the digital version wouldn't come with the preorder bonus you get from stores like amazon. Yeah I don't care about physical anymore. I've been playing PC games too long and prefer digital. The last physical PC game I bought was Team Fortress 2 hah (amazon).

cyborg009

Banned
I think we are giving each other a week to play the game casually. I wouldnt want to go right in to it, as it would suck the enjoyment out of casually playing the game. Teams will be finalized a day after the game is out, I think. And we decided to go with your idea of selecting each other's opponents. We've decided that you will be Shirtless Dante, and only Shirtless Dante. If you choose differently, you will be disqualified.

Really?

I think this game is becoming a case of a great game with really bad presentation outside of the actual matches

That's how I feel but I remembered the custom themes for the main menu looked pretty slick. Particularly I liked Jak's and Ratchet's theme so far.

This game is like this: When the beta was running, I'd be on here making posts about what I wish the game would do and how this would work but then when I actually go play the game I forget about all that I was saying and end up having a lot of fun.

Mr. Fix

PSY&#12539;S;44451676 said:
SuperBot. I need an official soundtrack. Now.

I don't think they rearranged the mash-up or the ending (that GOW2 ending in this case), so it should be on youtube anyway. That final boss theme was really good though.

It was kind of funny, right after Kratos' opening
we're thrown right into the dojo, with Drake as an opponent, no less.

I also agree that the transition between matches is a bit sudden. And how the rival fights break out is kind of disappointing, imo.

Also that final stage seems to be the best balance between the Dojo and Hades without the stage effects, and even the walls for wall-bouncing. It's got that Final Destination feel too.

Drencrom

Fuck that.

SmithnCo

Have we gotten total confirmation yet that:

You can play on the rival or final boss stage in multiplayer
You can turn off stage transitions

Mr. Fix

Have we gotten total confirmation yet that:

You can play on the rival or final boss stage in multiplayer
You can turn off stage transitions

By that, do you mean keeping stages like the Dojo and Stowaway in its small space? I don't think we have, only that we can turn off background characters from attacking.

Top Bottom