• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

SmithnCo

By that, do you mean keeping stages like the Dojo and Stowaway in its small space? I don't think we have, only that we can turn off background characters from attacking.

I see, well that's something. There was speculation as to if we could disable the crossovers/transitions altogether, if it's not in then maybe they can consider it for a sequel or something.

I see, well that's something. There was speculation as to if we could disable the crossovers/transitions altogether, if it's not in then maybe they can consider it for a sequel or something.

Or a patch. I'd love to play Franzea only, or only part one of the Stowaways stage.

Ryce

If you guys want something generic, there are six training stages that you can pick from. These were shown on the IGN live stream from a few days ago:

7bBSm.png

SmithnCo

If you guys want something generic, there are six training stages that you can pick from. These were shown on the IGN live stream from a few days ago:

http://i.imgur.com/7bBSm.png[img][/QUOTE]

And you can play those online? That actually is a good solution.

Ryce

Yeah, that screen was captured from a standard versus match, so I'd assume you can use them online. They're treated like regular stages.

You guys think the game will have some type of secrets left?

I heard you can unlock Crash when you reach rank 999 with all characters and the gameclock reaches 999:99. Then you need to start a custom match with 4 Jaks in Sandover and when the match starts it will be 1on1 with Crash.

Ran rp

I don't think they rearranged the mash-up or the ending (that GOW2 ending in this case), so it should be on youtube anyway. That final boss theme was really good though.

It was kind of funny, right after Kratos' opening
we're thrown right into the dojo, with Drake as an opponent, no less.

I also agree that the transition between matches is a bit sudden. And how the rival fights break out is kind of disappointing, imo.

Also that final stage seems to be the best balance between the Dojo and Hades without the stage effects, and even the walls for wall-bouncing. It's got that Final Destination feel too.

They're the same as the ones Rumba uploaded? If so, sweet.

The rival custscene was easily the best part of story mode.
It's a shame that it wasn't fleshed out into a real story. There wasn't even any explanation for Polygon Man's motives or existence ffs.
I'm guessing that SuperBot just didn't have the time or budget because what they had going there was great.

Edit:
Man that item that saps AP looks really good.

Is it from Wipeout? I couldn't see it.

PSY・S;44455542 said:
Is it from Wipeout? I couldn't see it.

Yes.

Apparently it says that the game has custom soundtrack after all on the back of the box. Maybe tribal can confirm. Seems that SB might listen to the fans after all.
wKAFH.png

Kratos' arcade run.

That final stage needs to be an option for the offline and online mp.
Kratos is surprisingly chill.

I... was actually let down by this. I shouldn't have watched it.
Seeing how the character select looks, and how very basic the story mode is... I just can't get excited for all the other stuff, whatever else they actually finished. They didn't even make videos for his intro\ending. They only made a video for his rival.!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My 32GB Vita memory card came in yesterday, and I've already restored my game data on it, now I'm just downloading the games that I had to delete when I was cycling games out, but my Vita is now ready for that PBR download next week. I wish we had pre-loading here, though. I'd love to be able to save time and just download the unlock key or something on midnight. So damn lame, SCEA...

I can't believe we're so close, though. I think this game has been my most anticipated of this year. In the meantime, the copy of The Witcher 2 I ordered came in yesterday as well, but I'm still downloading this absurdly large patch. Once it's done, I'll at least be able to pass the time between it and AC3: Lib, which I'm aiming to beat before Tuesday.

KevinCow

Banned
Maybe the rival stage is unlockable?

Anyway, if it or one of those flat training stages become this game's Final Destination and everyone always only plays on it, I'll be really annoyed.

In general, I hope this game doesn't go the way of Smash with the whole no items, no hazards thing. Unlike Smash, it seems like the items and stage hazards in this game were designed with competitive play in mind. They're not nearly as overpowered, they can't kill, and stage hazards give plenty of warning about when and where they're gonna hit.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Maybe the rival stage is unlockable?

Anyway, if it or one of those flat training stages become this game's Final Destination and everyone always only plays on it, I'll be really annoyed.

In general, I hope this game doesn't go the way of Smash with the whole no items, no hazards thing. Unlike Smash, it seems like the items and stage hazards in this game were designed with competitive play in mind. They're not nearly as overpowered, they can't kill, and stage hazards give plenty of warning about when and where they're gonna hit.

I agree. I personally never got the "Final Destination, No Items!" thing. It's kind of silly to me. I enjoy playing on the different stages in Smash. Sure, there are definitely ones I like the most, but a flat, boring stage isn't something I'd want to play on 100% of the time. I like to cycle through them.

Also, in PBR, the stages can have some really interesting advantages/disadvantages for certain characters, and that just ads to the strategy of the combat for me. Some characters really excel/are handi-capped when someone is above or below them. A flat stage just isn't really showcasing the game at it's best in my opinion. Some characters will be super effective in that sort of thing (characters like PaRappa and Cole, who have excellent Level 2 Supers that dominate on flat ground), though.

I do think that Rival stage looks great, though. I broke my rule and watched the Kratos video. I personally don't see what's so wrong with it. It's just kind of straight forward and simple. Honestly, I kind of like it. The arcade mode is about on par with the vast majority of fighting games I've played. Even Ultimate MvC 3 on the Vita (although I'm assuming the PS3 version is the same?), has a pretty bare bones arcade mode. You fight 6 battles, beat the boss, then get a two panel piece of comic art that closes the game out. I can see how people would be disappointed with that, but I wasn't expecting MGS levels of cutscenes in this game. I guess it's just another thing we can expect the sequel to build upon.

Why the heck isn't there more stages?? How come Dante, Heihachi, Sir Dan, Nariko, Fat Princess and Toro not have stages??
It makes no sense really. Man it seems like so many things in the game puzzle me. It's a big empty space on page 2 for the stage select screen and instead it's six pages of generic training stages....

SmithnCo

This livestream Dante v. Nariko fight was hilarious.

Anyway I hope they do have stage DLC, Sir Dan and Dante in particular could have good ones.

That stream is cool but Ill have to avoid it for the Polygon man stuff showing right now.

PSY・S;44459144 said:
This stream is hilarious, oh god. I swear this guy missed like 10 lvl 1s already.

Yeah pretty much.

This livestream Dante v. Nariko fight was hilarious.

Anyway I hope they do have stage DLC, Sir Dan and Dante in particular could have good ones.

They pretty much confirmed stage DLC. I hope those are free. I don't really have a problem paying a lil for characters but for a stage to make me buy it needs to be either cheap or fuckawesome.

Ryce

Why the heck isn't there more stages?? How come Dante, Heihachi, Sir Dan, Nariko, Fat Princess and Toro not have stages??
It makes no sense really. Man it seems like so many things in the game puzzle me. It's a big empty space on page 2 for the stage select screen and instead it's six pages of generic training stages....
Honestly, MediEvil, Heavenly Sword, Fat Princess, and Doko Demo Issyo are the least important/relevant IPs with characters in the game, so if any four had to go without a stage, it would be those.

Top Bottom