• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Out of interest, are we going to wait a week or so before starting the tournament? Let people get to grips with the game fully first, and practice with their partner if they can.

Lord Phol

It's a pre-load. Same thing happened fo me.

Did you only get the vita version preloaded as well? I'm kind of confused, I hope it was the Ps3 version I pre-ordered. There was only 1 version available in the ps store and it was titled "PSABR Bundle" under the Ps3 section.

Tsunamo

Reviews can help or hurt sales, I hope this game sells, I care about reviews. For my personal purchase they have no effect.
Ditto!
I'm expecting them to be very mixed.
Out of interest, are we going to wait a week or so before starting the tournament? Let people get to grips with the game fully first, and practice with their partner if they can.
I think that would be a good idea, everyone's going to need a littlebit of time to get used to the game and find their mains.
Did you only get the vita version preloaded as well? I'm kind of confused, I hope it was the Ps3 version I pre-ordered. There was only 1 version available in the ps store and it was titled "PSABR Bundle" under the Ps3 section.
I don't think the Vita version's avaliable for pre-order/pre-purchase (other than in that bundle) and it was in the PS3 section, so I think you should be right.

Xater

Yep, same thing. The PS3 version still says available for download on the 17th. Maybe it will just go up later.

I'm still buzzing off the fact that Kat is a free addition early next year. Many many thanks to the SuperBot team for that. It's cool that even after the game has come out and I've played it to death, there's still something to look forward to afterwards.

I have to say, of the preorder costumes Parappa's and Fat Princesses are my favourite. Big Daddy's is cool, but it also makes me think "WTF!?".

SSReborn

Someone posted scans from the guidebook somewhere on the interwebs I obviously can't post but its out there if you guys want to try to find it. It shows character combos and breakdowns for a good number of characters.

Vysetron

Neo Member
i won second , i was the one playing Sweet tooth at NYCC tourny btw , Sir dan is becoming my new main btw his level 1 is so good!! cause of the setup

Yeah, it looks that way! I'm excited to hear that because Dan is the other character I really want to spend time with. Glad to hear that from Gaf, haha.

tribal24

Banned
Yeah, it looks that way! I'm excited to hear that because Dan is the other character I really want to spend time with. Glad to hear that from Gaf, haha.

i wanna say he does better in 1 v 1 then Dante only because Ap gain so far and his lvl 1. Since i was playing as Dante in 1 v 1 aswell , his lvl 1 is shitty in situations. So yeah not gonna be playing as much Dante unless its a free for all.

Just to let everybody know, my partner for the 2v2 tournament (Desmond) said that he may not have access to the game until after the tourney starts, and so I'm now looking for a new partner. If no one wants to be with me, that's fine; I'll just settle for organizing and judging the tournament.

Ran rp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kx-lV8ISAeE

This Italian commercial is horrible. The European commercial is the best one by far.

ibdlFtDpiNYRvL.gif

graywolf323

so this giveaway of digital copies of the game they are doing through the triva on Twitter, did they ever specify when winners would be notified if they won? all I can find is winners will receive the code on Tuesday

I don't want to miss out on the preorder costumes waiting to see if I win a copy instead

gadwn

That really is the official commercial in Italy? Omg... even I could do that better lol.

Btw, how bis is the download? Still haven't decided if I wanna go digital or not. My 250gb is pretty damn full nowadays though, I have a hate/love relationship with PS Plus. :p

B.O.O.M

haha that italian commercial was horrible...yet kind of funny in a real cheesy way. But the sir dan gif makes it worth it

Love the logos haha

Also just giggle at this: While on Spotify I noticed somebody in my feed listening to "Lefty" By Title Fight

J-Tier

Cool logos.

Also, the Italian commercial...so amateur...

Sackboy creeping up at the end though o__o' Who made that decision?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I don't get why people are so fixated on reviews, stopped caring about them a while back.

I play games that I think are worth playing, that's all.

I don't think I've read a review since the PS2 days, back when I'd get Official PlayStation Magazine every month.

I pretty much play the games that interest me, regardless of reviews. I actually let reviews influence me, and I stayed away from Alice: Madness Returns. Then I decided to rent it on a whim, because it did interest me, and I loved the look and style of it. Turns out that I really, really liked the game (except for the last portion of it: just felt the difficulty ramped up too high when it came to the platforming, and the game's controls just aren't conducive to good platforming). I bought it then and there.

Play the games for yourselves. Make up your own minds. Reviewers are individuals too, with their own tastes and interests that will probably be different than yours.

I remember reading IGNs review of Heavenly Sword, and the guy who reviewed it wasn't a fan of those style of games. Big surprise, he gave it a mediocre review. Heavenly Sword is one of my favorite games of this generation. If I let reviews control my purchasing decisions, I'd have missed out on so many games that I ultimately ended up enjoying, and I bought each and every one of them without a single bit of influence from reviews or GAF. I buy and play what the hell I want, and make up my own mind about how much I'm enjoying it. No pixel counting, no console wars comparison BS.

Top Bottom