• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

SSReborn

Try custom soundtrack, play Heihachi and Radec and send me pics of their alts, try if online is still smooth :d. Try if practice stages can be selected for custom online match!

Can't really try the online stuff my friend brought the game and the online pass and all that prevents me.

Can't really try the online stuff my friend brought the game and the online pass and all that prevents me.

Too bad :(. Well try playing with hardest difficulty CPU custom match and report how they are.

Oh and seems like Jaks preorder alt has no goatee despite what render shows.
original

Mr. Fix

Too bad :(. Well try playing with hardest difficulty CPU custom match and report how they are.

Oh and seems like Jaks preorder alt has no goatee despite what render shows.

I second this.

He's just got the wrong hair, but o'well.

Oh and Mink, I think you should include the fact that the game does use an online pass, specifically under this section:

PlayStation All-Stars supports Cross Buy.
If you buy the PS3 version you get a downloadable Vita copy free!
Linked to your account, you can’t buy the PS3 version and give the vita version away/sell it.
"_______"

Sucks, especially for those who plan to gameshare it/ bringing the copy over to a friend's place, as well as it having an effect on the trade-in value.

I second this.

Oh and Mink, I think you should include the fact that the game does use an online pass, specifically under this section:

Linked to your account, you can’t buy the PS3 version and give the vita version away/sell it.
*_______*

Sucks, especially for those who plan to gameshare it/ bringing the copy over to a friend's place, as well as it having an effect on the trade-in value.
It looks bigger than his default hair, without being super saipan style that the original has. Good enough for mine.

SSReborn

So if you go under tutorial there are are 4 different option Basic which is in the beta, Advanced which teaches you more stuff like how to dodge level hazards and items and how to drop through platforms, different wake up stances basically in depth stuff.

There is the character section which will teach you all of your characters moves there is a separate one for everyone.

Lastly there is a combo section which teaches you combos for your character like sf4, or mvc3.

Then if you go under combat trials there are activities that train you to become better with certain mechanics the one under general trials is broad and you can use any character. Then if you go to character combat trials there each character has like 20-25 trials that basically trick you into learning the character. All these can be done at 3 difficulties.

Also I tried in game soundtracks and it didn't work so I really don't know why that's on the box maybe there is another way.

There is definitely a lot of stuff to do here but if your not interested in that kind of stuff it doesn't really add anything.

SSReborn

The AI is really good at high levels for arcade and the trials there are only 3 levels for the AI. If you go to versus or practice however and there are 5 levels and these guys know what they are doing dodging specials and doing things such as hitconfirming into their level 1's they are definitely a challenge.

The AI is really good at high levels for arcade and the trials there are only 3 levels for the AI. If you go to versus or practice however and there are 5 levels and these guys know what they are doing dodging specials and doing things such as hitconfirming into their level 1's they are definitely a challenge.

Sounds good :). Me versus 3 level 9 cpu's confirmed.

So if you go under tutorial there are are 4 different option Basic which is in the beta, Advanced which teaches you more stuff like how to dodge level hazards and items and how to drop through platforms, different wake up stances basically in depth stuff.

There is the character section which will teach you all of your characters moves there is a separate one for everyone.

Lastly there is a combo section which teaches you combos for your character like sf4, or mvc3.

Then if you go under combat trials there are activities that train you to become better with certain mechanics the one under general trials is broad and you can use any character. Then if you go to character combat trials there each character has like 20-25 trials that basically trick you into learning the character. All these can be done at 3 difficulties.

Also I tried in game soundtracks and it didn't work so I really don't know why that's on the box maybe there is another way.

There is definitely a lot of stuff to do here but if your not interested in that kind of stuff it doesn't really add anything.

This isn't too bad. Basically this game is SFIV with Playstation characters.

As a Nintendo, Square Enix, Capcom, Namco and Midway fan, this metaphorically makes me sick.

*fixed*

What could drive such a company to stoop this low?? I mean you ever see Omar's facial expression when talking about the game? His morose facial expressions tell it all.

Seth and Clockwork are also henchmen on drugs that can talk about this game with such high spirits and not just break down and cry...

Makes me sick!!

Just kidding SUPERBOT DON'T BAN MY PSN AND RELINQUISH MY COPY OF PASBR!

Its on the XMB under a section called "Disc Benefits" with a CD icon.

Hmm. I wonder if I can give the vita version to my friend then... Like, I'll make a new ps3 account with his psn info, download the vita version there, and then just play all stars using my account.

thanks for the answer btw!

Ohhh SSReborn, great info on the AI. The two AI difficulties in training mode, are they higher than the three in regular play?

Can you go into the gameplay options and see what is tweakable? Can you turn off stages midway, for example, can you turn of certain super levels, etc.

For in-game music, have you considered checking the sound settings? Something may be in there to allow for it

Can second player sign in to his/her own account?

WHERE IS THE STAT TRACKING?? Please dont tell me they removed stat tracking, I'm going to be so upset if they did.

Can you detail some of the higher level challenges/the ones you find most unique?

Thank you very much

SSReborn

Sorry guys I'm at the tourney right now will give you more info later but to answer a quick couple questions I did try looking for some kind of options in the sound setting.

Also there are 5 AI levels in this game but for arcade and trials there are only 3. The 2 other levels are much stronger then the first 3 and can give a good challenge.

TheMink

I second this.

"_______"

K

Sorry guys I'm at the tourney right now will give you more info later but to answer a quick couple questions I did try looking for some kind of options in the sound setting.

Also there are 5 AI levels in this game but for arcade and trials there are only 3. The 2 other levels are much stronger then the first 3 and can give a good challenge.

Wow, why would they not have harder difficulties for the arcade? And are the difficulties available for offline casual play (against bots/local MP)?

Why would they disable harder difficulties? :S

Thanks Reborn, I'd appreciate answers to the other questions when any1 has the time/game.

SSReborn

Wow, why would they not have harder difficulties for the arcade? And are the difficulties available for offline casual play (against bots/local MP)?

Thanks Reborn, I'd appreciate answers to the other questions when any1 has the time/game.

Yeah they are avaibable in versus. Just not trials and arcade.

My guess is that they didn't feel that those higher difficulties would be fair since you would at times have to face 2 or 3 characters and the AI could be so hard it would feel broken.

I am glad the Vita copy is linked to a certain account. People would have abused it, and we probably would never have seen any other games doing it.

Loudninja

I second this.

"_______"

Makes alot of sense.

My guess is that they didn't feel that those higher difficulties would be fair since you would at times have to face 2 or 3 characters and the AI could be so hard it would feel broken.

But that only happens during the final boss. Otherwise, it's FFA, or 1v1. Not a big deal, All-Stars difficulty should suffice.

Hey, what are the other two difficulties called?

I hope Superbot has a quit penalty in the way of time outs and depleted rank/XP. The beta was all casual and lovely, but the dangling of the unlockables will surely result in some rage quitting. They need to get that down ASAP.

I wonder if online has more content in terms of stat tracking, and the options for in-game server settings. I have heard nothing of the stat tracking that I was sure was in this game, and it really bothers me.

PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Royale-General12.jpeg

Where IS this? Surely Im not the only one who loves stat tracking so much

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I think i might've won a free copy. So Dreweyes and I will be destroying many a Kratos.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TWO MORE DAYS!!!! ScraftyDevil, today is the best day that we should set up tournament thread. I'm sorry if I nagged you too much.

I think i might've won a free copy. So Dreweyes and I will be destroying many a Kratos.

From which contest? I'm still waiting to hear something from twitter. I think it would be silly if they announce the winners on release date. I don't want to jump early if I actually won a free game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
ibio9ukf7PsmUw.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Scrafty Cup!*

Rules:
Games will be played with two teams of two players. The game mode will be first to five kill limit, and for the purpose of this tournament all items and stage hazards will be turned on. Once entry has closed on the 19th, matchups will be chosen at random. The bracket is single-elimination, so once you're out; you're out. Games will be played in a Best of 3 format, and photo proof of a team's victory (scoreboard) must be sent to the judge before said victory becomes official. Doctoring or editing of photos is strictly illegal, and will be punishable by disqualification. The time and date of your match must be agreed upon with your teammate and your oponnent beforehand so that the judge is aware of when the match will take place. Winner gets a cool thing!

2 vs 2 Teams
Time-is-Obsolete - Man-is-Obsolete (Man-is-Obsolete) and TimeEffect
ScraftyDesmond - Desmond and ScraftyDevil (emeraldphoenix7)
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
Då Vikings's - Drencrom (Drencrom) and Napalm_frank (NapalmFrank)
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24(maxbahamut24) and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
Toronto Bros. - AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Artful Dodgers - Tagg9 (Tagg7) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)
RazOr Chamber - Chamber (Novuscaine) and RazOmari (Knot-Locks)
Itchypads - Mik_Pad (mik_pad) and Kouichi
Figmuncher - Jawmuncher and FigBoy79 (Figboy)
Explosive Duo - Zephyrus (GoncaloPacheco) and B.O.O.M (rathne)
Gunny Balboa - Gunstarhero and KalBalboa
TribalSponge - Sponge and tribal24
We Don't Use Dumb Names - Noi (Noisama) and The Grim Heaper (TheGrimHeaper)
Psyborg- PSY・S (SuP3RiViAIN) and cyborg009
DigiTron - DigitalOp and Vysetron (Chuftbot)
Unclenching Kings - Snapshot King (SnapshotKing) and uncleniccius (uncleniccius)
Team Tricky-Sama - Tricky I Shadow and Oyashrio-Sama (FFVIIguy)
The Baked Knights - BakedPony (BakedPony1) and batmandarkknight (Macky_Tung)
Parappin' Believers - Tsunamo (JayTooCool) and FMTownsMarteh (NoR4U_)
InFamous Rising - Spindasher (Mrp7792-X) and Spindasher's Brother (JetsRap94).
Pending - TheDarkStark and krpiper

Looking for Partner
Lord Phol (LordPhol)
Baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi)
giancarlo123x
Dreweyes
SteeloDMZ
Quick
ScraftyDevil
SuperSonic1305

Added

RazOmari

Checked my local Wal-Mart. They have the game in the cases, but couldn't sell it to me. Understandable, but...so close ;_______;

Oshimai

the 20th is gonna be pretty nuts with ASBR, P4G and PS+

does anyone know if cross-buy works if i purchase the vita version digitally?

Top Bottom