• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

SmithnCo

Uh, I played one versus match now my level keeps gaining like mad, wtf haha

Weird glitch, it returned me and my level didn't gain that much.

I've just played Graveyard on quick match and obviously don't have the DLC yet (have to wait until tomorrow). Is being able to play stages you don't own in quick match new with this patch? IIRC when the first DLC stage hit they said it would be playable in ranked if you don't own it, but i don't think you could play it in quick match.

TheMink

Dante lvl 2 hit confirm still good. (Actually its ironically better because you cant press it to fast on accident :p)

Bassically Dante just cant hunger confirm any more.

Skyzard

Banned
I've just played Graveyard on quick match and obviously don't have the DLC yet (have to wait until tomorrow). Is being able to play stages you don't own in quick match new with this patch? IIRC when the first DLC stage hit they said it would be playable in ranked if you don't own it, but i don't think you could play it in quick match.

Pretty sure it was available online generally but if you wanted to play it offline you had to buy it. Might be mistaken but don't think so.

KevinCow

Banned
So Zeus is Raiden levels of bullshit and Big Daddy is still worthless.

I guess this patch didn't change much, it just changed which character we'll see way too much of online.

OmegaZero

Omega, on a blocking oppnent you can cancel out of your square square square O_O

O_O

EDIT: You mean cancel as in using your guns -> circle move?
Dante is officially BROKEN if true!!!!
:DDDDDDDD

Hunger Scythe-Helm Splitter-Up Square= insanely fast high ap combo options O_O

O___O

Dante lvl 2 hit confirm still good. (Actually its ironically better because you cant press it to fast on accident :p)

Bassically Dante just cant hunger confirm any more.

O_______O

Someone hold me.

What about the EC confirm?

SSReborn

lol the new stage is so cool the gremlin dude talks about the people in the stage I play as Jak and he was like "Don't look now mate but I think there is a mongoose on your shoulder"

Damn was having so much connectivity issues today. I think I sorted them out though.

edit: damnit nvm

A shame we couldn't get a match going (i'm everlong416), haven't played with any GAF bros in a while now. Not sure if this is an issue with the game or with my internet, but i don't really have any recurring issues with other mp games.

Who here is II-Shinken btw?

SmithnCo

Doing forward circle into up triangle gets you a nice dose of AP for Isaac. Interested to see if he has many proper combos, because he can gain AP like a mother if he wants to. Force gun might lead into forward circle, sometimes.

He's a great keepaway character it seems, and he has Sweet Tooth's mines which is sweet. Haven't even touched Zeus yet.

TheMink

O_O

EDIT: You mean cancel as in using your guns -> circle move?
Dante is officially BROKEN if true!!!!
:DDDDDDDD

O___O

O_______O

Someone hold me.

What about the EC confirm?

Yes guns angle dash o_O

EC confirms is still good!!

As a matter of fact. Pretty much everyone has their air confirms. Not gunna lie, as of right now it pretty much just affects Nariko, and Dantes hunger confirm.

Hiehachi
Sweet Tooth
FP (although its reeeeeallly slow now haha)
Kratos

Ive all tried them and they all work.

Edit:

Spike

TheMink

Sir Dan

Detach head stun, point blank super 1 hit confirm (always able to do that? Or is the hit box bigger bow?)

Corner jump right square super 1 hit confirm.

Could you do those before?

OmegaZero

Yes guns angle dash o_O

EC confirms is still good!!

As a matter of fact. Pretty much everyone has their air confirms. Not gunna lie, as of right now it pretty much just affects Nariko, and Dantes hunger confirm.

Hiehachi
Sweet Tooth
FP (although its reeeeeallly slow now haha)
Kratos

Ive all tried them and they all work.

Edit:

Spike

Sweet.
Sucks that the patch didn't alter the overall game as much as I hoped, but at least I can still KC people before the KC me. :b

EDIT:
Sir Dan

Detach head stun, point blank super 1 hit confirm (always able to do that? Or is the hit box bigger bow?)

Corner jump right square super 1 hit confirm.

Could you do those before?

I don't think so. I'm no Dan main though.

Hm really weird.

I feel like ST's shotgun has more range (which isn't good IMO because it makes the move too easy for 30 AP)

Also, felt like E. Cole was getting AP really fast, could have been just the player.

I keep hearing a car horn, I think it's Isaac though lol

TheMink

Sweet.
Sucks that the patch didn't alter the overall game as much as I hoped, but at least I can still KC people before the KC me. :b

EDIT:

I don't think so. I'm no Dan main though.

The Hunger Scythe hc works on the lvl 2

*shrugs*

Crap doesnt make jack sense haha XD

Edit: seeing as the 12 frames was barely noticable with the lvl 1 the faster starup on the 2 makes possible but still. I have found a pupose to the extra land frames yet...

SmithnCo

Man, I really wasn't using Isaac's force gun properly before. Good close range move, good AP, can set up for side circle, and fast.

OmegaZero

The Hunger Scythe hc works on the lvl 2

*shrugs*

Crap doesnt make jack sense haha XD

Edit: seeing as the 12 frames was barely noticable with the lvl 1 the faster starup on the 2 makes possible but still. I have found a pupose to the extra land frames yet...

lol
This is a hilarious patch, but it's hard to complain when I got me some Dante buffs.

Ploid 3.0

Wait a second, I just randomly had a team match in a ffa ranked battle. Did they just add team to ffa ranked? Has to be a glitch.

OmegaZero

So im supposed to be able to jump cancel the up square?

Do they mean up triangle? Cause i cant just jump out of it. Maybe im doing it wrong...

Maybe they mean up square in midair?
Up square on the ground could always be gun canceled.

I had this swag combo ending in u1 -> u2 -> s3 -> s1 for an AP burst.

EDIT: Jump canceling up triangle? That would be weird, but cool...I guess?

Good games, Scrafty.

I'd have to say I'm surprisingly happy with Sackboy. All of this frame stuff I can't really tell to be honest. Loving the speed increase on Jam Session and the improved forward Triangle, and it's so good to have level 1 and 2 back with lower AP costs. And level 3 still gets a ton of kills. I'm content!

Gonna have to keep Toro around though. Damn Sir Dan...

Good games, Scrafty.

I'd have to say I'm surprisingly happy with Sackboy. All of this frame stuff I can't really tell to be honest. Loving the speed increase on Jam Session and the improved forward Triangle, and it's so good to have level 1 and 2 back with lower AP costs. And level 3 still gets a ton of kills. I'm content!

Gonna have to keep Toro around though. Damn Sir Dan...

Indeed. You helped me realize that I'm horribly out of practice, so I'll have to get on that -_-;

How am I going to achieve Dan Domination if I can't even consistantly land his Supers?

KevinCow

Banned
Holy shit, Isaac's third taunt is amazing.

Is that the giant foam finger?

Because I had the computer taunt me with a giant foam finger.

Then it stayed on his hand until he did a gun attack.

It was amazing.

Isaac's lose poses are amazing. I've seen him get dragged offscreen by some unseen (but undoubtedly horrible) monster, and I've seen him lifelessly floating through space. I hope there are more.

And then his disembodied head at the results screen.

Like Big Daddy, I don't really care that Isaac's not really a Playstation All-Star, because the way they implemented him into this game is excellent.

ZodR_ARG

Neo Member
Maybe they mean up square in midair?
Up square on the ground could always be gun canceled.

I had this swag combo ending in u1 -> u2 -> s3 -> s1 for an AP burst.

EDIT: Jump canceling up triangle? That would be weird, but cool...I guess?

nope, it's up square,
sometimes when you did square, square, square, down+square, guns, angel boost, up+square Dante didn't jump with the opponent, now he jumps every time :D

^NP Mink

Sorry Klipz, was with my Mister SmithnCo <3

I loved that last game where one of the guys double killed us, but not before I stuck my C4, which double killed them and won us the game by 1 point

I. LOVE. THIS. GAME.

That said, Im not seeing the differences in the patch as noticeably as I thought I would. I can still hit confirm like mad with Sweetie T, and saw Raiden hit confirm off his counter

Finally able to get online after a long game. Zeus doesn't seem as OP as people have been saying...maybe I haven't played a good one yet. He's really slow

I always get killed by Zeus' level 3 twice. So frustrating.

I would like to announce the SACK is BACK

First match with Zeus ever on a team with Smith, not too shabby bud

Top Bottom