• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

OmegaZero

If it works i think that what i said is definitely the case.

You must hit with your air attack in order for it lengthen your frames to super. Which is a good thing i think.

Edit:
Duuuuude Omega i knooooow!

If that was true, then the Arbiter Throw and Hunger confirms would be out though. Same with the "s1 - > first hit of s1 -> ub2 -> s3 -> -s2 -> Level 2" confirm.

But still, HYYYYYPEEEE

It just occurred to me that any new trophies there are might not be up yet because the new characters and stage still aren't purchasable on the PlayStation Store yet (you can only download Isaac and Zeus via voucher code).

The trophy question will really be answered once the PlayStation Store updates.

Haven't had much of a chance to play yet, but it sounds like Zeus is super OP. Oh good, just what we needed... another OP character. :p

SSReborn

Yeah the empty bold cancel comes out but very rarely I'm actually starting to think its a fluke when it happens but maybe some of you players who main Dante can dive into a bit deeper when you get your hands on him.

I'm not hearing good things for Sackboy now. I think the nerf to the shockpad may have messed him up for a couple players.

TheMink

Yeah the empty bold cancel comes out but very rarely I'm actually starting to think its a fluke when it happens but maybe some of you players who main Dante can dive into a bit deeper when you get your hands on him.

I'm not hear good things for Sackboy now. I think the nerf to the shockpad may have messed him up for a couple players.

Wierd, ill disect it.

I'm not hearing good things for Sackboy now. I think the nerf to the shockpad may have messed him up for a couple players.

I knew it. I'll try him for myself later but if it is as bad as I imagined, this game is dead to me and I'm trading it in. =/

Camjo-Z

Zeus makes Big Daddy worthless, there's no doubt about it. He's just as slow but his supers are far better and he's got Big Daddy's best move (down triangle)... but he can use it anywhere. And I mean ANYWHERE.

Ploid 3.0

Who was it that said people didn't use teamwork, to people teamed up against me from the start of a match. 3 player ffa, one person dropped at load. Not cool :(, it's because I'm Zeus isn't it?

KevinCow

Banned
What the hell, I left my PS3 to download the patch and it just stopped downloading at 27%. Starting it over now, hopefully it makes it this time...

Who was it that said people didn't use teamwork, to people teamed up against me from the start of a match. 3 player ffa, one person dropped at load. Not cool :(, it's because I'm Zeus isn't it?

I had a 2 sackboy vs me as Zeus battle and it was the most epic battle I've had yet!
Zeus thunder hands is soo powerful. It stays out so long and if you catch 3 people....

Yea so good... you can get a full bar from one Lightning Hands

Also, SSM really should work on adding some characters w/ Lightning based attacks. We're really lacking on electricity attacks...

Im coming for u biatches in 20 min!

Is Zeus really that powerful? I figure he would be but thought he was sllw.

How:s my Sweet Tea and Big D handling??

And Mr Drake?

KalBalboa

Banned
Man, the Vita patch is taking a while. Usually it's snappy for me, and the PS3 this time is taking only 25 minutes total. Vita? Over 100.

Well, as of right now there definitely are not any new trophies, despite what Seth said about them adding some new ones for Zeus, Isaac, and Graveyard. Just to make sure, I did Sir Dan's level 3 on Graveyard, and nothing popped.

So... yeah. Don't know if they're coming later, or not at all, or what.

Skyzard

Banned
It also downloaded slow for me on Vita this time. Also glad we have the patch here in EU as well (at least in UK on Vita).

Currently getting matchmaking errors, was working just now though. Felt the framerate take a hit but restarted vita just in case...

There was the usual Raiden in the game so yeah patch didn't change enough, guess I'll stop hoping now and just appreciate what we have.

-Ok connecting now..framerate seems fine, think it might have been due to extended standby mode. Getting the matchmaking fail quite a bit though, guess not everyone has updated yet or something.

SmithnCo

Well, as of right now there definitely are not any new trophies, despite what Seth said about them adding some new ones for Zeus, Isaac, and Graveyard. Just to make sure, I did Sir Dan's level 3 on Graveyard, and nothing popped.

So... yeah. Don't know if they're coming later, or not at all, or what.

That's pretty weird. Maybe they'll come later, hard to believe they'd have any trouble implementing trophies.

Can we get some confirms on stuff not mentioned in the patch notes? Dying to know if the Jak lv2 stuff is true (friend plays Jak).

Yes his level 2 is pretty awesome now.

Fat Princesses level 3 is pretty insane now, but it still cant get more than 3 kills I don't think. It's too short.

Also, every game I played online had a Jak and a Sir Dan. Never thought I'd see that...

So Isaac's throws double as projectile reflectors... that's as a neat twist. His level 3 is completely awful, though... I can't see anyone bothering with it.

Actually, I don't see why anyone would bother with Isaac in general since, by comparison, Zeus is an absolute monster. This guy's gonna ruin online play. That teleport, that level 3, that AP gain, all of it... yeow.

EDIT: My first online match after the patch was against two Zeuses and an Evil Cole... and I won (I was Drake)! But I suspect it's no one has any idea how to use Zeus yet. :p

SmithnCo

So basically FP's 3 is a glorified insta-kill like Parappa's, at best. Still better than before, I'll give it that.

Anyone think Zeus would still be good even if it is 1v1?

Further post-patch observations:

- Drake doesn't seem to be worse for the wear. His level 1 doesn't feel THAT much worse. It's noticeable, but he's still a very good character. I won with him in my first match against two Zeuses, and I'm pretty bad at All-Stars.

- Graveyard seems to be glitched in that the music stops after the graveyard gives way to The Unfinished Swan's whiteout. Big surprise. Unless there's not supposed to be any music after that, but that seems unlikely.

- The game crashed after my first post-patch online match, which was played on Graveyard. I don't know if there's a correlation.

I love this game, honestly I do, but how are these ridiculously awful glitches getting past QA at SSM? And how did they get past QA at SuperBot? Seriously now.

Just downloaded the patch after two attempts (first time it started moving so slow after the halfway point that it would have taken a couple hours to finish, second time was much faster), tried out FP and WTF is this shit?! No, i'm not talking about the air hit confirm, which is alive and well, the difference being that due to the delay she lands before the air knight connects, so in the end you can still use it as an hit confirm, it just can't be spammed as much.

What i'm upset about is the fact that they've changed her ninja costume portrait for no good reason. It used to look so hilariously goofy that it cracked me (and people online) up every time i saw it and now they have changed her face to the plain one from the default costume portrait. Come on! That goofy portrait picture had so much character and was half the reason why i bought the ninja costume. >:l

Other than that her level 3 seems like an improvement, how much better remains to be seen though.

I love this game, honestly I do, but how are these ridiculously awful glitches getting past QA at SSM? And how did they get past QA at SuperBot? Seriously now.

I'm pretty sure by now that they share a QA team with ND.

Okay; I'm convinced that this patch gimped my online. I had never disconnected from a match before today, but tonight alone I've DC'd eight times.

That's just not right.

TheMink

Omega, on a blocking oppnent you can cancel out of your square square square O_O

Hunger Scythe-Helm Splitter-Up Square= insanely fast high ap combo options O_O

My god, character select screen on vita is broken now after playing a game and you wanna change character. I press select a million times on the new one and it does not change character or give me the option to change colors/costume.

Top Bottom