• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

I'm not sure if I'm just missing something, but there don't appear to be any new trophies released with this patch. I have it installed, and Isaac and Zeus' arcade mode trophies aren't appearing at all.

So yeah. Not a big deal, but that happened. :p

whitehawk

Banned
Just faced an Isaac and Zues. Issac's level 3 doesn't seem that great. Both guys I faced got only 3 kills with it. The Zeus I faced got 6 kills I think. If he had of done a different attack at the end, he could have gotten 9 kills...

It's not your fault. I should have made my prescence more known there.

And hey; at least I get to support one of my Top 10 games of 2012!

It was my top 1 2012 game until I got a Vita few weeks before year changed so I couldn't change my Vote. Now I am torn apart between PSASBR and Gravity Rush!

Step

It's really dangerous to be close of a Jak with a lv 2 now and finally Raiden can't spam circle on his lv 2, Evil Cole still can giga punch hit confirm but at least it takes a little longer to charge though.

SmithnCo

Just faced an Isaac and Zues. Issac's level 3 doesn't seem that great. Both guys I faced got only 3 kills with it. The Zeus I faced got 6 kills I think. If he had of done a different attack at the end, he could have gotten 9 kills...

Zeus is going to be everywhere in FFA, lol...

Isaac's 3 didn't look too good from the trailer, hoping his others are decent enough.

You gotta do what?

You have to register the GOW:A online pass to gain free access to the Zeus and Isaac Clarke DLC. They just announced this today on the EU blog. The promotion goes live on next monday and expires after one month, so no more free DLC characters for people that buy GOW:A after that, as opposed to the US codes that expire after a year. Even if some people buying GOW:A in the EU don't care about PSASBR DLC AND their GOW:A online passes (and that's already a big "if"), they wouldn't be aware of the whole thing and therefore wouldn't go to that thread to give away their codes. So begging in that thread would be a fruitless affair for us European PSASBR players.

Zeus is going to be everywhere in FFA, lol...

Isaac's 3 didn't look too good from the trailer, hoping his others are decent enough.

Level 1, like Radec but i think its too delayed to make for great back stabbing.
Level 2, 3 kills max, small area explosion. Maybe a great trap and corner super?
Level 3, somewhat easily dodgeable super.

Oh boy.

You have to register the GOW:A online pass to gain free access to the Zeus and Isaac Clarke DLC. They just announced this today on the EU blog. The promotion goes live on next monday and expires after one month, so no more free DLC characters for people that buy GOW:A after that, as opposed to the US codes that expire after a year. Even if some people buying GOW:A in the EU don't care about PSASBR DLC AND their GOW:A online passes (and that's already a big "if"), they wouldn't be aware of the whole thing and therefore wouldn't go to that thread to give away their codes. So begging in that thread would be a fruitless affair for us European PSASBR players.

I.... I was gonna do PaRappa joke.

You gotta believe. :p

SmithnCo

Level 1, like Radec but i think its too delayed to make for great back stabbing.
Level 2, 3 kills max, small area explosion. Maybe a great trap and corner super?
Level 3, somewhat easily dodgeable super.

Oh boy.

I'm wondering if he can use stasis to confirm. Could offset the somewhat iffy looking supers.

As suspected Spike has only been improved. Nothing super significant (that level 2 still isn't THAT fast) but it will help my Spike game nonetheless. I'll definitely be going back to Sackboy more often after this though. Finally jam session isn't ridiculously slow

Camjo-Z

So it's pretty fast? How's his AP gain?

Patch still has an hour+ to go for me.

Impressions of him so far are this:

Level 1 is decent (kind of slow to begin with but the second shot is really fast), Level 2 is great (basically imagine Jak's Level 2 without the stupid telegraphed startup), Level 3 is mediocre (seems easy to dodge, hard to get a lot of kills with). Moveset feels kind of like Ratchet and Emmett in one, but I haven't tested extensively for combos yet. His AP gain is pretty good.

Also, Zeus has a hit confirm from his teleport. :l

SmithnCo

Level 1 is decent, Level 2 is great, Level 3 is mediocre and seems easy to dodge. Moveset feels kind of like Ratchet and Emmett in one, but I haven't tested extensively for combos yet. His AP gain is pretty good.

Sounds good. Excited to practice him if this patch ever downloads.

Zeus sounds like a real troll, lol

TheMink

Yeah I think the Bold empty cancel Kill Confirm for Dante is gone.

edit:nvm

Wait BACK THE HELL UP, he got buffed and he keeps his confirm AAAAWWWWWW YEEEAAAH

Edit: i thought for sure it would be gone, the attack must have to make contact for it do the extra frames for air attacks to super.

Is it confirmed confirmed?

Level 1 is decent (kind of slow to begin with but the second shot is really fast), Level 2 is great (basically imagine Jak's Level 2 without the stupid telegraphed startup), Level 3 is mediocre (seems easy to dodge, hard to get a lot of kills with). Moveset feels kind of like Ratchet and Emmett in one, but I haven't tested extensively for combos yet. His AP gain is pretty good.

The moment i saw Zeus teleport crumble Kratos i knew it was hit confirm ala Sackboy.
Seriously thou i will smack anyone who thinks Zeus is not broken. And i still havent even seen Zeus fully played.

Just played my first match on Medievil/Unfinished Swan stage and I have to say, even though I have never played either of the two games the stage is gorgeous, one of my top 5 for sure.

Also, who wants to fight alongside me and my new Jak Skills? PSN: MAST2DAA

SSReborn

Wait BACK THE HELL UP, he got buffed and he keeps his confirm AAAAWWWWWW YEEEAAAH

Edit: i thought for sure it would be gone, the attack must have to make contact for it do the extra frames for air attacks to super.

Is it confirmed confirmed?

I'll go test it again but it definitely came out once when I tried it though it seemed like the timing was more strict.

Yesss, Zeus is a beast! He's at level 33 right now. His level 3 I can usually get 6 kills (in 2v2). Everyone always jumps right when it starts... muaahha

TheMink

I'll go test it again but it definitely came out once when I tried it though it seemed like the timing was more strict.

If it works i think that what i said is definitely the case.

You must hit with your air attack in order for it lengthen your frames to super. Which is a good thing i think.

Edit:
Duuuuude Omega i knooooow!

Top Bottom