• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Step

nope, it's up square,
sometimes when you did square, square, square, down+square, guns, angel boost, up+square Dante didn't jump with the opponent, now he jumps every time :D

That's the only burst combo I know to do with Dante, and I'm glad it will work properly now.

KevinCow

Banned
Every time I play this, I remember how annoying it that there's no random online 1v1 option.

FFA is annoying as hell. It's impossible to do anything that requires skill because someone will always come out of nowhere and interrupt your combo. Your only hope is to play a good character and spam his best moves.

2v2 is less annoying, but you still have two characters to deal with. And it can be annoying if you get stuck with someone who's even worse than you.

All I want is to play some 1v1 matches, where I can focus on fighting just one opponent without some random attack flying across the screen and interrupting whatever I'm trying to attempt. Why isn't there at least the option to do so?

Every time I play this, I remember how annoying it that there's no random online 1v1 option.

FFA is annoying as hell. It's impossible to do anything that requires skill because someone will always come out of nowhere and interrupt your combo. Your only hope is to play a good character and spam his best moves.

2v2 is less annoying, but you still have two characters to deal with. And it can be annoying if you get stuck with someone who's even worse than you.

All I want is to play some 1v1 matches, where I can focus on fighting just one opponent without some random attack flying across the screen and interrupting whatever I'm trying to attempt. Why isn't there at least the option to do so?

Moments like these I think thank goodness I have the Gaf community. But yeah you're right. No reason that there shouldn't be a 1v1 option. It can't hurt

KevinCow

Banned
Also if I could play 1v1, the lag probably wouldn't be so goddamn abysmal since it would only have to deal with two players at a time. Not as much of characters teleporting around and getting hit by attacks you clearly dodged. No more wasting meter because the guy you were fighting suddenly disappeared after you activated your super.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Sir Dan

Detach head stun, point blank super 1 hit confirm (always able to do that? Or is the hit box bigger bow?)

Corner jump right square super 1 hit confirm.

Could you do those before?
Dan main here!

The point blank hand was dodgy at best before, it might be easier with the buff now. Haven't had a chance to test yet, but will soon.

Could you elaborate on the second one? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

KevinCow

Banned
Why can't I quit when I'm out of lives in a stock match and still get the experience? Fuck. No game, I don't want to sit here and watch other people playing this game online for ten fucking minutes. That's not remotely fun.

Why are people doing stock matches anyway? Just do kill limit if you're not happy with timed, jesus christ.

Ploid 3.0

Unlocked Issac's 3rd taunt, and yes, it's glorious. Nothing says I'm here to have a good time like pulling it out and jumping around.

KevinCow

Banned
OH MY GOD YOU RETARDED FUCKING SHITHEADS, STOP HITTING ME WHEN I TRY TO THROW THE KRATOS WHO ALMOST HAS HIS SECOND FUCKING LEVEL 3 OF THE ROUND, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, WHY IS THIS CONCEPT SO HARD TO GRASP

whitehawk

Banned
Wow, I found a new combo with Kratos and now he has to be the most powerful player. I can get 130 ap with this one combo. I just played a round and I got 10 kills. two level 3's, and a level 1 at the end.

J-Tier

Is Kratos seriously better? I haven't tested him or fought against him yet. Many Zeus and Isaacs online, but if he is better somehow, most disappointing.

whitehawk

Banned
Is Kratos seriously better? I haven't tested him or fought against him yet. Many Zeus and Isaacs online, but if he is better somehow, most disappointing.
I don't think so. I just saw someone doing a combo I hadn't thought of before.

Square, square, down square, up square, up circle, jump, square, square, square

Vysetron

Neo Member
Zeus is fun! He's got disgusting recovery on his moves, but he gains AP like a mofo and covers a lot of space. I'd say he's a free for all monster, effective in 2v2, and garbage in 1v1.

Seriously though, fun fun fun

Played Zeus and Isaac arcade mode. Fun story stuff and love Isaac's fanservice all-around with his character moves and voice samples.

I didn't know they made more costumes to buy. Has there been any word on other's coming out? I didn't see the Zeus and Isaac outfits to buy in the store yet.

Ok, quick summary of what i found on some changes. That is what i was able to do given it was late when patch finished.

PaRappa is still ok. In practise you can still get 2 kills with level 2. Sadly forward square can only be comboes with up square.

Sly doesnt feel that bad. Except how weird it is that we can cancel his lv1. .-.

Sweeth Tooths neutral triangle is ok move actually. Way better han before. But that buff to lv2 was meaningless lol.

Good Coles lv 3 got SERIOUS buff. That speed is insane. 6 kills easy in FFA really...

Evil Coles lv 2 drains only slightly better. Atleast you can see it now. BUT GOD DAMN THAT FKING KILL CONFIRM IS STILL THERE: !"#¤%

Spikes and Toros turning supers dont make that big difference.

Toros sleep is now the best selfgain AP move.

Spike is bit better? I think explosion is rather weak but he still has kill confirms. Althou shockball one is harder to get.

Sir Dan got minimalistic buff. Barely feels diff...

Sackboy can still sometimes combo with shockpad. I was able to do 80 AP combo somewhat easy. But im starting to question if his lv 3 is good on bigger stages..

Jak is meh. That blaster is now too weak. It should be 21 instead of 18. Needle lazer lasts too little to be good eough. But hot damn his lv2 got serious buff with that Raiden-like stun.

Raiden down throw is not kill confirm and honestly somewhat hard to combo.

Zen

Banned
Who was it that said people didn't use teamwork, to people teamed up against me from the start of a match. 3 player ffa, one person dropped at load. Not cool :(, it's because I'm Zeus isn't it?

People don't use team work/strategy enough in FFAs, when they do it pushes the game to some next level strategy and fun imo. I've only played 1 match so far Ranked FFA, Drake, Zeus, Kratos, Radec (me)) so i can't really comment on the patch since Radec was barely touched. Kratos seems as OP as ever but I expected that due to the patch notes.

Spinluck

I thought the DLC would make me like the game again, but it made me loathe it even more.

No matter what they patch in, most matches will be nothing but a manic spamfest.

FFA will always suck, 2v2 can still be fun, and 1v1 is a complete joke since some characters don't stand a chance in hell.

TheMink

Dan main here!

The point blank hand was dodgy at best before, it might be easier with the buff now. Haven't had a chance to test yet, but will soon.

Could you elaborate on the second one? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Yeah seems sure fire now

No problem, If your opponent is in the corner a short hop-> right square ->super 1 will connect.

It causes butt drop, and im pretty sure in all instances before patch the lvl 1 would just go right over the head, now it will connect in the corner. (Anywhere else it pushes the enemy to far from you, didnt really test it to great lengths tho. Might be possible)

TheMink

So just a couple things:

Raiden:

Feels decidedly clunkier after the patch, combos seem to take more precise timing. Seems like more than a couple things about him were stealth nerfed.

His air down triangle has slower cool down it seems, so combos after the down triangle have been made more difficult.

His over head down triangle hit confirm is out, as the whole move seems to take longer and the extra 12 frames to super gives time to roll out it seems.
It seems like he can still do close to
ground side circle, but im not sure.

My impressions are that yes hes got more confirms than the average joe, but honestly believe he was nocked a half tier down with the patch. Nothing crazy but still.

Kratos:

Feels more like a regular character now. His combos take just as long to get 150 as other characters.
Instead of just:
Square square tirangle up square up circle up tirangle 150

You must:
Add Down circle (air or ground) then square sqaure triangle up square up triangle

Or

Down square square triangle up square up circle square square square.

I.e he can no longer easily 150 burst starting from neutral square forcing him to close more distance before starting a combo (unless you take it for a loop, square square down square square square tirangle thus defeating the purpose)

Hea still the easiest character to use as any noob can just spam the attacks that give 30 ap and gain plenty. But his meta game was taken down a notch i think.

I actually like him better now because your combos have to be fancier instead of getting 150 ap in like a half second lol.

Spike:

Wanted to ask J his thoughts about the butt drop on the right square.

It seems like in order to actually combo out of it you need to hit the very tip of the right square swords at a very specific range in oreder to combo out of it. As hitting close allows the enemy to get back up in the middle of the cooldown. But maybe im missing something.

Parappa:

Feels kinda wierd to me, but i never really liked him much so maybe he plays better. Idk.

Lol, they bothered to add knockback blast for Big Daddys lv 1 but its soooooo delayed its useless. Dont worry, lv 1 did get more range. So theres that... They could add super armor for Big Daddys lv1.

BeastM0de

Neo Member
So just a couple things:

Raiden:

Feels decidedly clunkier after the patch, combos seem to take more precise timing. Seems like more than a couple things about him were stealth nerfed.

His air down triangle has slower cool down it seems, so combos after the down triangle have been made more difficult.

His over head down triangle hit confirm is out, as the whole move seems to take longer and the extra 12 frames to super gives time to roll out it seems.
It seems like he can still do close to
ground side circle, but im not sure.

My impressions are that yes hes got more confirms than the average joe, but honestly believe he was nocked a half tier down with the patch. Nothing crazy but still.

Kratos:

Feels more like a regular character now. His combos take just as long to get 150 as other characters.
Instead of just:
Square square tirangle up square up circle up tirangle 150

You must:
Add Down circle (air or ground) then square sqaure triangle up square up triangle

Or

Down square square triangle up square up circle square square square.

I.e he can no longer easily 150 burst starting from neutral square forcing him to close more distance before starting a combo (unless you take it for a loop, square square down square square square tirangle thus defeating the purpose)

Hea still the easiest character to use as any noob can just spam the attacks that give 30 ap and gain plenty. But his meta game was taken down a notch i think.

I actually like him better now because your combos have to be fancier instead of getting 150 ap in like a half second lol.

Spike:

Wanted to ask J his thoughts about the butt drop on the right square.

It seems like in order to actually combo out of it you need to hit the very tip of the right square swords at a very specific range in oreder to combo out of it. As hitting close allows the enemy to get back up in the middle of the cooldown. But maybe im missing something.

Parappa:

Feels kinda wierd to me, but i never really liked him much so maybe he plays better. Idk.
Raiden can now burst and kill confirm off of a throw. I think he stayed about the same. I never though he was that bad though.

I assumed the store reflected the entire EU market. Is that not the case?

FFS, EU doesnt use pounds. We have euros. XP

According to the PSBlogEU prices for EU are:
€1,99 for stage only
€4.99 for one character
€9.99 for bundle.

(Yes, one stage and 2 characters are as expensive as some games. Ngggghh)

OwlyKnees

FFS, EU doesnt use pounds. We have euros. XP

According to the PSBlogEU prices for EU are:
€1,99 for stage only
€4.99 for one character
€9.99 for bundle.

(Yes, one stage and 2 characters are as expensive as some games. Ngggghh)

Yes, I'm aware of that. I can only reflect the prices on my screen, however. I thought you were implying it's not on the actual EU store.

Good one!

OmegaZero

Alright, so I know what the patch notes meant when they were talking about Dante's jump cancel-able up square.

As many of you know, Dante's grounded up square has two states. One that just knocks the opponent up while Dante stays grounded, and one that sends Dante up with the opponent if you hold square down.

During combos, Dante will sometimes perform up square further away from the opponent then normal. The attack will still connect, but Dante would never jump up with the opponent even if square was held during the move.

Now, it looks like as long as you're holding square, Dante will jump up with the opponent no matter which part of the attack hits the opponent.

The only Level 1 confirms Dante seems to have lost are his Arbiter Throw and Hunger confirms. Interestingly enough, the 12 frames restriction seems to only apply to Level 1s, as all of my Level 2 confirms work. Arbiter Throw, Hunger cancel, it's all there.

nope, it's up square,
sometimes when you did square, square, square, down+square, guns, angel boost, up+square Dante didn't jump with the opponent, now he jumps every time :D

Yup, it's pretty sweet. I remember training some people to perform that combo with perfect timing, so now this should be really easy for them.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Did they add new losing animations to all characters? During my playtime last night, I saw a few I had never seen before for a lot of characters.

And, yeah, Isaac's is awesome. Lol.

OmegaZero

Heihachi's Wind God Fist now just has a small amount of electricity on his hand, while the EWGF has the trail and body sparks and ect.

His down triangle seems to have gained some new effects too, like an electric spark near his leg and a blue shockwave effect.

He plays the same though.
The 3x AP glitch is still in existance. I threw someone who got a Level 3 three times, and collecting the AP as I did made me go from no meter to a Level 3. :lol

TheMink

Oh i did notice that! I just figured i was just so amazing that my spacing was perfect every time :p

Yeah thats exciting for the jump cancel.

TheMink

Raiden can now burst and kill confirm off of a throw. I think he stayed about the same. I never though he was that bad though.

Raiden down throw is not kill confirm and honestly somewhat hard to combo.

So which is it, i haven't done it myself. Forgot it was one of the buffs.

Without doing it or seeing it myself i can guarantee that if the reaction to the grab is a bounce like it says in the patch it will not combo into the super and will not allow for a burst.

Edit: can apparently burst from an up square! My bad!

OmegaZero

So which is it, i haven't done it myself. Forgot it was one of the buffs.

Without doing it or seeing it myself i can guarantee that if the reaction to the grab is a bounce like it says in the patch it will not combo into the super and will not allow for a burst.

When Raiden crushes the AP, an explosion happens that sends the opponent higher then Raiden's head and then the opponent falls back down on the ground, lying down.
I can follow it up with up square (jumping square combo follow up results in an AP burst), up triangle, square, and backwards square. Haven't found a way to confirm Level 1, but it's a Level 2 confirm for sure.

EDIT:Wow @ Dan's Level 1. It's much better.
Dan's level 2 confirm is still in and I can confirm everythink Mink mentioned.

Camjo-Z

I truly despise this game in FFA. In Smash, when there are 4 players in a match you can definitely win through your own skill. In PSAS, literally the only thing that counts is how stupid/childish your opponents are. You can be the most unskilled loser ever and still win, or be the best player and lose just based on whether everyone else is dumb. For example, here's how two matches I just played went:

Match #1: Zeus (Me), Radec, Evil Cole, Emmett on Blackrock

Emmett sits on the side of the stage spamming grenades that don't have enough range to hit anyone. Evil Cole tries to repeatedly combo Emmett but repeatedly fails, I actually try to play the goddamn game, and Radec does nothing but spam sniper at the rest of us and run away when I get close (no one else bothered going after him). Guess who wins? If you guessed "the braindead one who spammed sniper nonstop" then you're right, it was Radec!

Match #2: Radec (Me), Drake, Dante, Isaac on Metropolis

Just to see if it would work, I try Radec's spamming tactic... and of course this time everybody comes after me immediately. Despite this I almost manage to get Level 3 with a few seconds left... but then Dante gets killed by Isaac for the FIFTH time and ragequits, causing him to not respawn, leaving me with less kill opportunities and no way to win the game. Isaac wins. :l

EDIT: Also regarding Raiden's down throw: what were they thinking. You can use it to confirm his Level 2, confirm his Level 1 if there's a wall nearby, and get a 130 AP burst off of opponents any time (while stealing 30 AP from them). As if he needed more ways to be cheap.

TheMink

When Raiden crushes the AP, an explosion happens that sends the opponent higher then Raiden's head and then the opponent falls back down on the ground, lying down.
I can follow it up with up square (jumping square combo follow up results in an AP burst), up triangle, square, and backwards square. Haven't found a way to confirm Level 1, but it's a Level 2 confirm for sure.

EDIT:Wow @ Dan's Level 1. It's much better.
Dan's level 2 confirm is still in and I can confirm everythink Mink mentioned.

Bounce to-Lying on the ground?
Strange.
Edit: on the ground is it an invincible state? If so then nvm.

Didn't realize that Raiden could burst by starting with the up square! I don't really play as him though.

You confirmed the thing about hitting in the air is what cause the increase in frames to super? Or something else?
Or in addition?

So the God of War Ascension code for Zeus and Isaac doesn't come with the awesome stage, right? A kind GAFfer gave me their code so I might go ahead and buy that sweet stage.

Top Bottom