• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

OmegaZero

Bounce to-Lying on the ground?
Strange.
Edit: on the ground is it an invincible state? If so then nvm.

Didn't realize that Raiden could burst by starting with the up square! I don't really play as him though.

Bounce to invincible grounded state.

You confirmed the thing about hitting in the air is what cause the increase in frames to super? Or something else?
Or in addition?

Well, the confirms for Dan I mean. The bigger hitbox allows it to hit grounded opponents it seems.

Step

Well, the confirms for Dan I mean. The bigger hitbox allows it to hit grounded opponents it seems.

Before the patch I think only Big Daddy could be killed while hen was on the ground, I love those changes on Sir Dan, and his lv 2 works better too, now if you cornered an enemy you can just up square him and kill him without the need for a up triangle with his lv 1.

TheMink

Well, at least outside of 1v1 you could get hit out of the combo and most Raiden spammers won't be able to pull it off.

And the reality is why do that when you can just right square/counter/triangle square

Those still work right? Didnt confirm.

And what i mean is, if you are going for a HitC you arent going to be running and trying to grab up square jump up triangle super while peeps are trying to get you from all directions.

Not saying you wont ever and its a nice option (and flashy which is rare for raiden) and a good mix up 1v1 but compared to the alts i find it unlikely.

Edit: can you combo into the grab?

With Raiden is just tried straight lv 1 but that didnt work. Actually comboing i didnt try, so go figure there is kill confirm with throw that way. I also didnt test lv 2, i didnt think about that. :p

Im not Raiden mainer..

OmegaZero

And the reality is why do that when you can just right square/counter/triangle square

Those still work right? Didnt confirm.

And what i mean is, if you are going for a HitC you arent going to be running and trying to grab up square jump up triangle super while peeps are trying to get you from all directions.

Not saying you wont ever and its a nice option (and flashy which is rare for raiden) and a good mix up 1v1 but compared to the alts i find it unlikely.

Edit: can you combo into the grab?

As far as I can tell, his grounded confirms work.
Square square square grab is an almost surefire way of grabbing someone or at least it was the last time I played as Raiden online.

Camjo-Z

if you are going for a HitC you arent going to be running and trying to grab up square jump up triangle super while peeps are trying to get you from all directions.

In my experience the main reason Raiden was top tier previously was because he had numerous easy ways to hit confirm and if you decided to block then he could just grab you for another easy kill. When they nerfed his grab he stopped being quite as cheap since you could reliably block his hit confirms, but now that they've added this back in he's back to being broken again (in 1v1 and 2v2 if he has a good partner, that is. FFA has always been anyone's game).

In my experience the main reason Raiden was top tier previously was because he had numerous easy ways to hit confirm and if you decided to block then he could just grab you for another easy kill. When they nerfed his grab he stopped being quite as cheap since you could reliably block his hit confirms, but now that they've added this back in he's back to being broken again (in 1v1 and 2v2 if he has a good partner, that is. FFA has always been anyone's game).

Personally id say Raiden is top because he has good fast AP gain, REALLY easy kill confirms(that forward square and counter..), good supers, let alone the fact that he is fast on movement.

And small range argument? Forward circle denies that. Why wouldnt Raiden not be top tier? You cant be serious that only throws made him good. He has so much more than that early broken throw....

Oh god Isaac's third taunt! I'm dying here. :D Embarrassing to think I was so dismissive of this character when he was first announced, but he's awesome. Not a weak Super either.

TheMink

Personally id say Raiden is top because he has good fast AP gain, REALLY easy kill confirms(that forward square and counter..), good supers, let alone the fact that he is fast on movement.

And small range argument? Forward circle denies that. Why wouldnt Raiden not be top tier? You cant be serious that only throws made him good. He has so much more than that early broken throw....

I dont think was being confrontational on the subject...

Additionally he used the words "not quite as cheap" in reference to the grab confirm.
Not "all of Raidens hopes and dreams rely on his grab confirm"

I dont think was being confrontational on the subject...

Heh, i guess i jumped the gun.
Sorry, but i was just really wondering how could Raiden only be cheap because of just throws? He is in my opinion very cheap character ingeneral. New down throw combo or not with him.

TheMink

Heh, i guess i jumped the gun.
Sorry, but i was just really wondering how could Raiden only be cheap because of just throws? He is in my opinion very cheap character ingeneral. New down throw combo or not with him.

I agree, but as long as we are on the subject i actually think that the new grab confirm is the least cheap, as it leaves an actual potential to drop the combo.

But ill make ultimate judgments after experience.

KevinCow

Banned
So Big Daddy's level 1 is still complete shit. And Sly's level 1 is still complete bullshit.

And god damn, why doesn't Big Daddy have half as many super armor frames as Zeus? Zeus has them on like every attack. Big Daddy has them on his charge and some of his square attacks, none of which do nearly as much damage as Zeus's charged attacks.

How the hell did they look at these balances where shit characters were still shit and overpowered characters were still overpowered and say, "Oh yes, this is super balanced!"

The balance changes this game needs are so goddamn obvious to anyone who actually plays it. Certain characters need to be buffed hard, and other characters need to be nerfed hard. That still won't be perfect, so do it again. And again. Eventually, you'll get something resembling balance. It would at least be a better way to balance the game than their current strategy of not balancing shit.

A 1v1 mode would be astoundingly easy to implement. There's no goddamn excuse for its absence.

And a health mode would be pretty easy, too.

- AP gain becomes damage dealt.

- Character health is about 1000 on average, give or take. Small characters like Sly and Kat might go as low as 900 or even 850, while heavy characters like Big Daddy might go as high as 1100 or 1150.

- Supers are now a comeback mechanic. As you take damage, you gain the same amount of AP. So you can do a bunch of level 1 supers, or you can wait until you're almost dead to get a level 3 in.

- All supers do about 300 damage, give or take 100 or so based on how easy they are to land and what level they are.

There you go. Just stick Health in the same menu as Timed, Stock, and Kill Limit. If it winds up not working, then people won't play it. If it winds up working well, then it would be nice to have the option there.

This game is just so close to being great. I wish I loved it as much as I want to love it. But every time I play it, I just remember how goddamn broken it is.

TheMink

I dont dig the revenge super idea for a health option.
Prefer a traditional super bar even when health is concerned.

Or perhaps a combination.

Regular bar = super 1/2

Revenge bar = 3

yaaaaay SSFIV!

I agree, but as long as we are on the subject i actually think that the new grab confirm is the least cheap, as it leaves an actual potential to drop the combo.

But ill make ultimate judgments after experience.

Well i guess i can agree on that. It looks like the least cheap kill confirm.

But out of the subject its meaningless because there are still many other killconfirms.

Since Sir Dan is also "heavy character" (he is as fast as one -__-) they should give him actual moves like heavy character. Like 3x normal square is 45 AP. Down triangle and forward triangle to 30 AP. And add super armor for some of his attacks.

In ideal world all super combo characters would lose their main source of fast AP. Mashing square. Raiden, Kratos and Kat. Half their square attacks. That should punish them and make use of other moves aswell. Unless if it means new super comboes that are even deadlier... Sigh...

Then theres Toro, PaRa and Sack. Their small size would suggest they are fast. They are averageish. Meh. Since they arent that good AP gainers (from what i get here),i think they could work as fast movement characters with just ok AP gain.

Oh and remove that EvilColes GigaPunch. Make it eject roll but just NOT crumble -_-.

But yeah, like this will happen..... :/

Camjo-Z

Is anyone else noticing some problems with Isaac's Level 1? I've had a lot of times where I'll have someone right in front of me, use it and statis them... and then instead of shooting straight the shot will either go behind me or at an angle and I completely miss. It's very irritating and makes me look like a dumbass every time it happens.

TheMink

Is anyone else noticing some problems with Isaac's Level 1? I've had a lot of times where I'll have someone right in front of me, use it and statis them... and then instead of shooting straight the shot will either go behind me or at an angle and I completely miss. It's very irritating and makes me look like a dumbass every time it happens.

You can aim it, are you sure your not pressing the analog stick on accident?

True, but ive never really been bothered much by Raiden so i cant share your sentiments.

May i ask who bothers you then?

For me im bothered with all top tier characters. They are top because they are cheap. And Evil Cole just because of that Giga Punch confirm.

TheMink

May i ask who bothers you then?

For me im bothered with all top tier characters. They are top because they are cheap. And Evil Cole just because of that Giga Punch confirm.

Cpu version of Sly on hardest difficulty. Stop. Fricking. Teleporting.

I haven't tried fighting him since the Patch tho.

TheMink

Why do i keep forgetting him? He is SS tier.
Especially 2v2 two Slys CPU5. And with fast AP gain. Its the best training to be a good player. XD

Strangely they spam level 2s all the time. :I

But thankfully the thing that made me want to donkey kick my vita at the wall then wall bounce combo it was nerfed.

The fact that Murray attacked independently of Sly was such bull crap.

Thank god thats over.

But human players never bother me no matter what character they use because its all real. Cpus bull crap their counters and anti air strikes by knowing what buttons you press. Humans is all reaction and timing.
Cant really blame them for that.

Namtlaks1

Neo Member

A 1v1 mode would be astoundingly easy to implement. There's no goddamn excuse for its absence.

What do you mean there's no excuse? You're not owed a 1v1 mode, just because you want it. And who are you to say it would be "Astoundingly easy" to implement? Maybe it wouldnt be easy to implement, or at least not cost effective for ssm. And maybe they don't want to deal with whiners like you who would cry about the inevitably broken 1v1 balance. And then they'd have to worry about patching 1v1 on top of everything else, and no matter what they fixed it would inevitably cause problems in some mode.

Sorry, but your rant came off as strident and obnoxious. Nobody else really cares about how many things you hate about the game (well, I suppose I can't speak for others, but I sure don't). They took a lot of time to put out this patch and I'm thankful for it, and I personally am pretty happy with the changes (and I was a fatty p main, so thats really saying something lol)

But thankfully the thing that made me want to donkey kick my vita at the wall then wall bounce combo it was nerfed.

The fact that Murray attacked independently of Sly was such bull crap.

Thank god thats over.

But human players never bother me no matter what character they use because its all real. Cpus bull crap their counters and anti air strikes by knowing what buttons you press. Humans is all reaction and timing.
Cant really blame them for that.

Quite frankly the most annoying thing is kill confirm. But its really complicated. Sir Dan and Spike absolutely need them. But it makes Evil Cole and Raiden cheap. Why must life be complicated? T_T

But yes id be willing to sacrifise Spike and Sir Dan if every single kill confirm was removed.

Lol 1v1 ranked.

First of all its mega unbalanced. Show me a fair fight with Raiden and Big Daddy. Show me.

Althou i guess to be fair they could just add it to unranked. You can already switch between 2v2 and FFA there. So i guess you can add 1v1 for unranked.

But no for ranked 1v1.

KevinCow

Banned
What do you mean there's no excuse?

Because 1v1 is one of the main ways people play fighting games. They gave options for so many other things, it's stupid that there's not an option for that.

But no, if I don't have a partner ready, then FFA is the only way to play Ranked, and FFA is literally the least competitive way you can play a fighting game. And there's not even the option to play Unranked 1v1, despite the fact that there's an option for pretty much every other way to play.

And who are you to say it would be "Astoundingly easy" to implement?

Because 1v1 is available offline and online with a friend. All they'd have to do is let me choose 1v1 and then randomly connect me to one other person.

Are you seriously trying to argue that it's easier to randomly connect four players than it would be to randomly connect two players?

Sorry, but your whole rant came off as whiny and obnoxious.

And your whole post comes off as ignorant and apologetic.

KevinCow

Banned
Lol 1v1 ranked.

First of all its mega unbalanced. Show me a fair fight with Raiden and Big Daddy. Show me.

Althou i guess to be fair they could just add it to unranked. You can already switch between 2v2 and FFA there. So i guess you can add 1v1 for unranked.

But no for ranked 1v1.

Because FFA is so balanced.

I'd rather play my Big Daddy against one Raiden than against three random characters who keep hitting me out of my combos from across the goddamn stage. At least when I lost, I'd know it was my fault and not random bullshit luck from when I bounced around the stage a million times only to get caught in someone's super, or people who kept hitting me when I tried to throw the Kratos who almost got his second goddamn level 3.

If that's not the way you want to play, then don't fucking play it. But why shouldn't they provide the option for those of us who do want to play it that way?

Skyzard

Banned
You know that stage with the rolling spinning things [metropolis] that appear in the middle that force you up onto platforms above and cause you to drop ap, well it feels like it's glitching a bit? The platform that covers the spinning hazard below sort of appears quickly then vanishes, flickering occasionally. And the platform above can bend? Wuh? Are these new additions to the stage or something? :p Happened during a quick match, trying it now custom.

Picked up all the bundle today, having fun with Isaac now.

Now that I have fallen in love with P4G it's a shame they seemingly didn't take Atlus's offer for Persona character in the game (Teddie!)

Anyone gotten to play the new stage? Is it any gud?

Step

You know that stage with the rolling spinning things that appear in the middle that force you up onto platforms above and cause you to drop ap, well it feels like it's glitching a bit? The platform that covers the spinning hazard below sort of appears quickly then vanishes, flickering occasionally. And the platform above can bend? Wuh? Are these new additions to the stage or something? :p

Picked up all the bundle today, having fun with Isaac now.

the green plataforms on Metropolis? are they spawning with supers or at any time, they where always active when someone uses a super close.

about the platform bending I don't know about that

Skyzard

Banned
the green plataforms on Metropolis? are they spawning with supers or at any time, they where always active when someone uses a super close.

about the platform bending I don't know about that

At any time! Almost randomly - it would seem like it was there 1 frame before you land (it was a bit transparent and you could see clipping with the grinders I think), then it's gone and you hit the hazard, flinging you up, other people were falling for it too, and yeah they the platform didn't bend but sort of tipped over to one side...trying it now.

Haha ok so the platform tips over depending on who is standing on it and where I think...didn't notice it before.

Didn't get the glitching platform this time, must have been a weird bug.

Such a fun game though! Got quite a few characters I enjoy playing these days too.

Camjo-Z

You can aim it, are you sure your not pressing the analog stick on accident?

I'm not pressing it on accident, and judging by this topic on GameFAQs I'm not the only one who's had this problem...

Speaking of Isaac, I saw someone AP bursting me using only the Plasma Cutter and lo and behold, Isaac has a gun loop glitch! So good luck fighting them once everybody starts realizing that with a little timing practice they can easily start getting 130 AP.

pantsmith

So the game is refusing to let me "sign in", despite being signed in on the PS3, and trying to sign out from within the game itself.

Anyone run into this problem? How do you fix it?

edit/update: apparently walking away for an hour and then restarting the game for the 10th time did the trick.

Ploid 3.0

I'm not pressing it on accident, and judging by this topic on GameFAQs I'm not the only one who's had this problem...

Speaking of Isaac, I saw someone AP bursting me using only the Plasma Cutter and lo and behold, Isaac has a gun loop glitch! So good luck fighting them once everybody starts realizing that with a little timing practice they can easily start getting 130 AP.

Yep happened to me a few times, it's a glitch. I'd be so confused after, mostly pissed that the game screwed me. I was close to blaming my controller for acting up.

ZodR_ARG

Neo Member
There's an annoying glitch where it stays "Opponents Found... Connecting"
then it goes back to searching and it never finds people, and if you try to play offline(arcade, practice mode, etc.) it just freezes, the characters never appear and you can online quit the game through the XMB because you can't even pause to quit D:

It was there before this patch, I have the DL version

OmegaZero

Yeah, I saw that but it's harder then the average loop. At the very least, air approaches render it useless. Not sure how it'll fair against blocking opponents since Issac can change directions during the loop.

Skyzard

Banned
First Isaac level 3 I saw just crashed the game after the kills. You just hear a laughing audio loop and a blank screen lol.

How many times do I need to accept terms and conditions :S

Another game, Isaac just stayed in ultra super mode visually (blue flame tail) but no super powers lol.

Zeus's level 3 is so cool! Also does he not get affected by the purple sword slamming Hades creature? So unfair! I get it but still, ridiculous! Easy kills basically hah.

Isaac's kick stomp combo animation is so satisfying, really nails them hah.

Camjo-Z

They were offered a Persona character. We don't know the specifics of what went on with that.

This is a myth, the only thing ever said about it was a comment on this page of the PlayStation Blog:

+ Rigglie on November 20th, 2012 at 6:04 pm said:

Hey mike, do you think that a Persona character could be in Playstation allstars battle royale?

+ Mike Meeker on November 20th, 2012 at 6:08 pm said:

That’s up to the developers of ASBR. Let’s start a campaign to get Teddie included.

I doubt any character was ever actually offered, it was just a throwaway comment made by an Atlus employee that somehow became "SUPERBOT WON'T LET TEDDIE IN THE GAME!!!" on GameFAQs and the PSAS forums.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ehh all the reactions so far and impressions is really disappointing. I haven't played since the weekend planned on picking it back up after the patch, but since the patch released I think I'm done playing pretty much. Really unfortunate, but it's just been handled so poorly.

Top Bottom