• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Loudninja

Alright friends, it’s do-over time. Last month, players kupomogli and xTatsumaki were able to beat our own resident champ in a free-for-all match during our public beta. But next week… everything changes.

With the world premiere of PlayStation All-Stars on Tuesday and all twenty characters available to play, we again challenge you to try your hand at beating Community Manager, Daniel Maniago (aka Clockw0rk). Are you up for it? Can you BEAT THE CLOCK?

From 5:00 to 6:00 PM PST this Tuesday (11/20), Daniel will again be playing free-for-all matches on PSN under the name “Strider_Doom”.
tumblr_mdlep6Tehk1rt1pck.jpg

http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/35850547796/beat-the-clock-redux

Kouichi

I never got to play Clockwork last time in theb eta, but I'm hoping I run into him on launch day. My Good cole will take you down, Clock!!

SSReborn

So like I said before there are 4 tutorial things:
8197755418_96c7274f62.jpg

The first was in the beta.
The second is an advanced version of that with things like advanced mechanics different wakeup game. How to lay down longer then usual to avoid supers and it teaches you how to dodge stage hazard by re-enacting them in the training room.
The third is the character tutorial which goes through all of your characters moves
The fourth is the trials combo mode which is similar to what you would find in mvc3, sf4, blazblue etc.

Them there is a seperate thing called combat trials in this there are 2 options general and character specfic. There are 3 difficulties for each trial across both modes.

This is general:
8197742256_38128cffc0.jpg

There are 10 general trials and I believe it picks the character for you or they may be predetermined most likely the latter.

There are also character specific trials and there is between 20-25 for each character (Drake has the most):
8196661157_8052eed80e.jpg

8196659649_18174c136e.jpg

This is what I have for Stat Tracking right now it seems like it may be online stuff only but I'm not sure.
Personal Stats:
8197762232_313d13061e.jpg

World Stats:
8197831720_4df99f5a59.jpg

I tried online but it was taking really long to connect so I got impatient and came off of it.

Lastly this game something called "Goals" which I guess can be considered accomplishments they give you extra RP for leveling up and you have different objectives you have to complete. There are 432 in all:
8197853790_0238d777ed.jpg

Here is an example of one:
8196761583_c5752233a3.jpg

Bless ya, Klipz!!

Thanks for the shots, the stats screen is nothing more than leaderboard tracking, eh?

Can u try signing in to a second account for local play?

What is the depth of the options menu? Any gameplay tweaks that can be made, or is the extent only what we saw in the character select screen in previews?

Edit: Damn that last challenge is hard as hell! Lol. Nice variety then, what are the few directly before that like? Are any of these really character special? Like, say, is there something like "Use Drake's Barrel roll to hit 20 enemies in 30 seconds"?

I actually have the game now my friend came in second in the All Stars tournament and he gave me the copy he won because he has one already do you guys have anything you want me to look through?

Also guys, guess which character won the entire tournament.
My friend got 3rd place. He never played the game before and I told him to use Kratos. I also lost to him...damn guy :(

Edit: He just told me the guy who won first place also played the game for the first time that day. Fuck Kratos. :(

SSReborn

I tried to sign into another account that doesn't work it just shows up as my psnname(1)

The options are basically the same as from the IGN Stream I do not believe it is possible to stop the level from mashing up or keep it from reaching the second phase of the level. You can also check on or off any item you please:
8196816491_c1f794a830.jpg

8197908740_5aa2204cd9.jpg

Here are the options for practice:
8196835071_b2933817f7.jpg

You can turn on the attack display and the input display here they are:
8197908940_8aa07ac7f8.jpg

There are options to make the CPU appear or disappear completely on demand I actually forgot to set CPU's in the character select screen when I first entered the mode so that's why Nariko is by herself in the shot above. If you do it this way however the CPU's that appear are totally random as opposed to you setting them yourselves. Under the difficulty there are 5 like I said before. Under behavior you have these options Stand, Crouch, Jump, Double Jump, Follow(the CPU will follow your character around) Countdown Attack (There is a 3 second countdown and then the CPU will attack you, Human, and CPU. If the behavior is set to CPU you can set the difficulty, the item behavior(whether they always pick up, ignore, or normal) and the Super Bias(which I think is the setting the super that they will save up for)

Here are some shots:
8196817245_a21fc78fe0.jpg

8197909638_3e03c95c28.jpg

softie

Oh cool, you learn something new every day!
Now we just need a team name, Nordic Tschörman (dunno what the plural is)? xD
Will add you next time I log in :p.

lol that's a pretty great name, I really like it! We don't need extra plural, because it already is. :-D
Should we update the list then?^^

I added you btw. :)

Damn, it didn't work. I've tried 2 different credit cards now. And I'm in Canada actually, but I remember calling them about a deactivation a year back, and they said my account was a EU one, so it never happened- I still assume I have a North American PS3. Odd, since my updates and store are the same as the NA one, unless they're always the same.
Ok what error are we talking about? That you can't use your credit card or that you can't actually pre-order the game?
Normally you don't need a credit card to pre-order stuff from PSN. Does it explicitly tell you to refill your PSN balance?
It also doesn't matter from what region your PS3 is, you should be able to purchase stuff of any PSN store.
Check your PSN account information https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and make sure you have a country corresponding to the residence information of your credit card. Or else you can't use your credit card with your PSN account.
If they don't match, get a PSN code from here http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/ or wherever you want, so that the PSN store can automatically charge you for the pre-order when it's time. But first make sure, that you can actually pre-order the game (it should be listed in your download list with the network pass and the bonus costumes).

I hope you can solve this issue somehow.

SSReborn

Bless ya, Klipz!!

Thanks for the shots, the stats screen is nothing more than leaderboard tracking, eh?

Can u try signing in to a second account for local play?

What is the depth of the options menu? Any gameplay tweaks that can be made, or is the extent only what we saw in the character select screen in previews?

Edit: Damn that last challenge is hard as hell! Lol. Nice variety then, what are the few directly before that like? Are any of these really character special? Like, say, is there something like "Use Drake's Barrel roll to hit 20 enemies in 30 seconds"?

I think that's something that you would find under character trials. For instance Drake has one that says "you can only gain AP for supers while having the barrel out" or "shoot an opponent with a stun dart and follow up with hits to gain AP". There is also one that says "get multiple hits in a row to gain an AP Multiplier. Getting hit resets your multiplier".

My friend got 3rd place. He never played the game before and I told him to use Kratos. I also lost to him...damn guy :(

Edit: He just told me the guy who won first place also played the game for the first time that day. Fuck Kratos. :(

Yeah its funny because even the Playstation people who were there put money on the matches. One of them put 20 dollars on my friends Raiden lol. I don't think anyone really wanted Kratos to win. I had to face my friend in the second round I lost by 1 point it was 12 - 11 kinda wack that I had to face him so early lol.

Mr. Fix

lol that's a pretty great name, I really like it! We don't need extra plural, because it already is. :-D

Ok what error are we talking about? That you can't use your credit card or that you can't actually pre-order the game?
Normally you don't need a credit card to pre-order stuff from PSN. Does it explicitly tell you to refill your PSN balance?
It also doesn't matter from what region your PS3 is, you should be able to purchase stuff of any PSN store.
Check your PSN account information https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and make sure you have a country corresponding to the residence information of your credit card. Or else you can't use your credit card with your PSN account.
If they don't match, get a PSN code from here http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/ or wherever you want, so that the PSN store can automatically charge you for the pre-order when it's time. But first make sure, that you can actually pre-order the game (it should be listed in your download list with the network pass and the bonus costumes).

I hope you can solve this issue somehow.

I've always associated my main credit card with this account, so that shouldn't be an issue. Whenever I go to the preorder page, add it to the cart after that preorder costume message, and proceed to checkout. Balance says 60, but it's always an error. Thanks though, I'll try again later.

I think that's something that you would find under character trials. For instance Drake has one that says "you can only gain AP for supers while having the barrel out" or "shoot an opponent with a stun dart and follow up with hits to gain AP". There is also one that says "get multiple hits in a row to gain an AP Multiplier. Getting hit resets your multiplier".

Yeah its funny because even the Playstation people who were there put money on the matches. One of them put 20 dollars on my friends Raiden lol. I don't think anyone really wanted Kratos to win. I had to face my friend in the second round I lost by 1 point it was 12 - 11 kinda wack that I had to face him so early lol.

Thanks a ton for the info man. Trials sound great, better than the arcade even. I Would totally pay for Trials DLC.

Lord Phol

ibio9ukf7PsmUw.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Scrafty Cup!*

Rules:
Games will be played with two teams of two players. The game mode will be first to five kill limit, and for the purpose of this tournament all items and stage hazards will be turned on. Once entry has closed on the 19th, matchups will be chosen at random. The bracket is single-elimination, so once you're out; you're out. Games will be played in a Best of 3 format, and photo proof of a team's victory (scoreboard) must be sent to the judge before said victory becomes official. Doctoring or editing of photos is strictly illegal, and will be punishable by disqualification. The time and date of your match must be agreed upon with your teammate and your oponnent beforehand so that the judge is aware of when the match will take place. Winner gets a cool thing!

2 vs 2 Teams
Time-is-Obsolete - Man-is-Obsolete (Man-is-Obsolete) and TimeEffect
ScraftyDesmond - Desmond and ScraftyDevil (emeraldphoenix7)
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
Då Vikings's - Drencrom (Drencrom) and Napalm_frank (NapalmFrank)
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24(maxbahamut24) and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
Toronto Bros. - AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Artful Dodgers - Tagg9 (TaggSte) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)
RazOr Chamber - Chamber (Novuscaine) and RazOmari (Knot-Locks)
Itchypads - Mik_Pad (mik_pad) and Kouichi
Figmuncher - Jawmuncher and FigBoy79 (Figboy)
Explosive Duo - Zephyrus (GoncaloPacheco) and B.O.O.M (rathne)
Gunny Balboa - Gunstarhero and KalBalboa
TribalSponge - Sponge (SpongeTheSquid) and tribal24
We Don't Use Dumb Names - Noi (Noisama) and The Grim Heaper (TheGrimHeaper)
Psyborg- PSY・S (SuP3RiViAIN) and cyborg009
DigiTron - DigitalOp and Vysetron (Chuftbot)
Unclenching Kings - Snapshot King (SnapshotKing) and uncleniccius (uncleniccius)
Team Tricky-Sama - Tricky I Shadow and Oyashrio-Sama (FFVIIguy)
The Baked Knights - BakedPony (BakedPony1) and batmandarkknight (Macky_Tung)
Parappin' Believers - Tsunamo (JayTooCool) and FMTownsMarteh (NoR4U_)
InFamous Rising - Spindasher (Mrp7792-X) and Spindasher's Brother (JetsRap94).
Pending - TheDarkStark and krpiper
Pending - Dreweyes and TONX
Nordic Tschörman - Lord Phol (LordPhol) and softie (Ein_Schnaehkeee)

Looking for Partner
Baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi)
giancarlo123x
SteeloDMZ
Quick
ScraftyDevil
SuperSonic1305
electroshockwave (electroshockwave)

Updated!

wotter

Got a review copy of the Vita version. Shoot if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them. Very fun game btw. Brawlers are not my cup of tea, but both the characters and cool environments go a long way in winning me over.

Drencrom

It should be gaming for a few days to attract impulse buyers. After that it'll be moved to Community.

I'm not sure if that's a sufficient reason to have the tourney thread in the gaming section (lol)

Also, you should edit out yourself and Lord Phol from the "looking for a partner" list

I just realized that I am more hype for PASBR than I'm for Wii U. I guess it is because they delayed Pikmin 3 into 2013.

Well to be honest the only exclusive worth any notion for launch imo is NSMB (I'll reserve judgement on Zombi) and even that is getting ollld. I was friggin psyched for Wii but couldn't give a fuck about Wii U. They should have had Smash Bros for launch, that would have been interesting lol.

It doesn't even have stuff like Wiimote/glassless 3D that you go ''I GOT to try that''. It's just a pad and while it can do cool stuff it's nothing I see myself wanting really to try before some killer killer aps.

Drencrom

Well to be honest the only exclusive worth any notion for launch is NSMB (I'll reserve judgement on Zombi) and even that is getting ollld. I was friggin psyched for Wii but couldn't give a fuck about Wii U. They should have had Smash Bros for launch, that would have been interesting lol.

We would have a 'vs garbage thread' if SSB was a launch title lol

It might actually be. Can anyone's who done the preorder process for a different game confirm? The text reads as "anytime after 12:01. I'll be checking that night, as I'm sure many here will.

Based EST, we finally win some.

What?
And I guess that is nice for the time zones where it'll be earlier...It's essentially a midnight release for me

Vysetron

Neo Member
Got a review copy of the Vita version. Shoot if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them. Very fun game btw. Brawlers are not my cup of tea, but both the characters and cool environments go a long way in winning me over.

I'll be playing this on the Vita, so I've got a few things I'd like answered:

How's the camera? It zooms out quite a bit on the PS3 version, is it too much on the smaller screen?

Are the controls remappable? Are you forced to touch the screen to use items?

And...who are your favorite characters so far? I ask this of everyone, haha

Top Bottom