• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Other marvel player is joining with us. :D

Yeah! Good to have you here, Q!

*pretends he's part of MahvelGAF group T^T*

Crap, fist post of new page:

Dante's_Vergil_Color_Palette_PSASBR.png

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Did you end up preordering digital too Fig? I'm glad with my decision at the moment.

Yeah, I preordered digital. All the time I've spent with this game, from the betas and the LA Event, it's secured its place as a game I know I'll want on my systems at all time. I bought a 32GB memory card for my Vita, so I'm ready to go tomorrow when the game goes live. It's going to be a long day tomorrow, that's for sure. I'm going to stay up until that thing is downloaded, and regret it for work on Tuesday. Lol. The upside is that I have a 4 day weekend thanks to Thanksgiving, and I just came off of a 4 day weekend, thanks to working 16 days straight, and taking off two days last week. I'm refreshed, and ready for some fricking PlayStation All Stars!

Ploid 3.0

I wish I could preinstall this like steam. I wonder how long it will take to download off of PSN. I hope that early eastern launch works.

Yeah, I preordered digital. All the time I've spent with this game, from the betas and the LA Event, it's secured its place as a game I know I'll want on my systems at all time. I bought a 32GB memory card for my Vita, so I'm ready to go tomorrow when the game goes live. It's going to be a long day tomorrow, that's for sure. I'm going to stay up until that thing is downloaded, and regret it for work on Tuesday. Lol. The upside is that I have a 4 day weekend thanks to Thanksgiving, and I just came off of a 4 day weekend, thanks to working 16 days straight, and taking off two days last week. I'm refreshed, and ready for some fricking PlayStation All Stars!

High Five*

I only wish I could have had SF4 and MVC3's on my HDD. They were the only games I went back to regularly. UMVC3 has been in my console for pretty much all of this year.

cyborg009

Banned
I wish I could preinstall this like steam. I wonder how long it will take to download off of PSN. I hope that early eastern launch works.

High Five*

I only wish I could have had SF4 and MVC3's on my HDD. They were the only games I went back to regularly. UMVC3 has been in my console for pretty much all of this year.

Just make sure to turn off media servers(while downloading) and pause all your downloads while installing.

Guys, I'm getting a pre-holiday high. I hope we can finish up with this tourney soon so that we can hold a seasonal around Christmas time! Maybe the loser would have to do something nice for the winner for Christmas?

Oooh new thread? Or old thread... what thread are we using...

But I have a feeling this game will get meh reviews. Because I'm excited for it, every game I'm excited for this year has gotten meh reception.

whitehawk

Banned
Sorry guys I'm at the tourney right now will give you more info later but to answer a quick couple questions I did try looking for some kind of options in the sound setting.

Also there are 5 AI levels in this game but for arcade and trials there are only 3. The 2 other levels are much stronger then the first 3 and can give a good challenge.
Played the game at a tournament today. Only played as Kratos because I was trying to win. Guy who came in second used raiden though, seems like a great character. Played the BioShock level which I really enjoyed.

Oooh new thread? Or old thread... what thread are we using...

But I have a feeling this game will get meh reviews. Because I'm excited for it, every game I'm excited for this year has gotten meh reception.
Prepare your flameshield Tuesday. I'm sure there is going to be tears dropped, stomachs turned and cords struck in the review thread. Expect the words"suck, bad, soul and so wrong" to be thrown around.

Prepare your flameshield Tuesday. I'm sure there is going to be tears dropped, stomachs turned and cords struck in the review thread. Expect the words"suck, bad, soul and so wrong" to be thrown around.

Am I gonna be too busy playing on day 1 to check out any reviews or anything like that? Yes. Will I care about them when I do see them? Nope. But I do hope for good reviews just to give this game as many sales as it can get

Yea man, this game is not walking into a warming embrace. Even the gamestop I called I asked, "Are you guys doing a midnight launch Monday night?" "Yea we are, for Hitman!" "Oh playstation all-stars..." "ah I guess. But its mainly for Hitman". What a douche! I have a feeling this wont sell well... hopefully that doesn't demotivate support from the developer.

Ploid 3.0

Wait, you CAN'T preinstall/predownload this through digital preorder?

Not that I can see. Is it normal to be able to preinstall/predownload on psn preorders? The only I saw as proof that I bought the game is that it gave me a PSAS theme and the preorder is shown in my services menu.

Archon473

Lastly this game something called "Goals" which I guess can be considered accomplishments they give you extra RP for leveling up and you have different objectives you have to complete. There are 432 in all:
8197853790_0238d777ed.jpg

Is Tournament an offline or online mode? During the IGN livestream while they were demonstrating the icon/minion/background customization, the requirements for unlocking such icons were displayed on screen. Many said, "Win (X number of) Tournaments while a Green Belt/Orange Belt/Color Belt during one season." Omar said during the stream there were no lobbies and did not explain traditional Player/Ranked match settings, so I'm wondering which the modes shown in your screenshot offer offline play and which are strictly online. I'm hoping everything is unlockable offline and that the few online trophies are all I need to worry about.

I think practicing and fighting AI like this will only make me a damn good player so I welcome it... Its almost like if you are able to beat the impossible then what else are you capable of? AI like this that's always one step ahead of the game keeps you on your toes and makes you change behavior and strategies

BUT ... there is also cheap AI. I hate that

You misunderstand. AI such as this is literally impossible to fight because their actions are flowcharted and perfectly option selected. Take Hardest difficulty Wesker. Did you attack? He will attack with a faster move. Did you not attack? He will throw you. Did you tech his throw? He will immediately attack. Did you force him into blockstun with an assist? He will tech your throw attempt or pushblock your attack regardless of hit level. And after you avoid all that, he Hyper counters your attack to the frame. So what do you do? "Estakka! Estakka!" All damn day, "Estakka!"

Vysetron

Neo Member
Yeah, no AI is ever going to be as good to practice against as a human player. Even bad players will usually try to adapt to counter you, whereas AI rarely will. Once you find a way to exploit them, that's it. You can learn basics, like what's safe and what isn't, but you won't really grow as a player beyond that since they don't play like people (input reading, perfect reactions, etc.).

I still say there's no such thing as "cheap" though. Just stuff that's good that you need to learn to beat.

Archon473

And LOL we have numbers. Some of this info is already conflicting with what SSReborn has shown us, but Eventhub's source is GameFAQs!

• Four different difficulty settings: Easy, Hero, Legend, and All-Star.
• 10 general trials and each characters has 23 individual trials. A total of 470 trials in the game.
• 105 unlockable profile card backgrounds. Each character has 5 that they can unlock.
- Each one is unlocked when players reach ranks 16,19, 25, and 300.
• 333 unlockable icons with each character having 16.
- They are unlocked at ranks 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 24, 50 and 200 and are mainly character poses and scenes from their games.
• 624 FFA titles to unlock; these are names that appear on profile cards and are unlocked by gaining different colored belts in FFA tournaments.
• 533 Team titles to unlock as well and they are obtained in 2v2 tournament play.
• Players can unlock 20 minions when reaching rank 8 with a character.
• Players will have other goals including 9 session goals that are implemented daily for match-made online game.
• 35 career goals for the entire game as well as 78 tournament goals for tournament mode.
• Players will also have 80 Goals for Ranked match sessions, 127 Arcade Mode Goals, 84 Combat trial goals, and 19 Versus mode goals.
-Completing some goals ties into some of the other ranks and unlockables but has nothing to do with unlocking characters or stages.
• You unlock minions on Level 8 and costumes on Level 10.
• One playthrough of the character’s arcade mode is enough to get to level 10.
• There are 6 difficulty settings for CPUs.
• Minions exist to cheer you on, ex: when you kill everyone with a Super they appear with fireworks.
• Rivalry cutscenes are CGI but opening cutscenes are hand-drawn images.

"while Battle Royale accomplishes many things, and plays well it is difficult to look past the fact that this is a soulless rip off of glorious Smash Bros. you have to wonder how many tears Sakurai sama shed when seeing this sucky abomination. On many occasions playing this bad game I literally became sick. Superbot have shot themselves in the foot, and the only way they can redeem this game is through repentance"

- IGN (Nintendo editor guest review)

tribal24

Banned
And LOL we have numbers. Some of this info is already conflicting with what SSReborn has shown us, but Eventhub's source is GameFAQs!

• 10 general trials and each characters has 23 individual trials. A total of 470 trials in the game.
• 105 unlockable profile card backgrounds. Each character has 5 that they can unlock.
- They are unlocked at ranks 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 24, 50 and 200 and are mainly character poses and scenes from their games.
• 624 FFA titles to unlock; these are names that appear on profile cards and are unlocked by gaining different colored belts in FFA tournaments.
• 533 Team titles to unlock as well and they are obtained in 2v2 tournament play.
• Players will have other goals including 9 session goals that are implemented daily for match-made online game.
• 35 career goals for the entire game as well as 78 tournament goals for tournament mode.
• Players will also have 80 Goals for Ranked match sessions, 127 Arcade Mode Goals, 84 Combat trial goals, and 19 Versus mode goals.
-Completing some goals ties into some of the other ranks and unlockables but has nothing to do with unlocking characters or stages.
• Minions exist to cheer you on, ex: when you kill everyone with a Super they appear with fireworks.

everything here looks correct, SSreborn up for a match?

Not that I can see. Is it normal to be able to preinstall/predownload on psn preorders? The only I saw as proof that I bought the game is that it gave me a PSAS theme and the preorder is shown in my services menu.

All preorders can be preloaded on the EU PSN store. The NA PSN Store is aware of this and should let us do it in the future but not for this game. I heard that this would atleast be up at midnight PDT on Tuesday (11/20) for DL.

SSReborn

Yeah 1 or 2 of those numbers are a little off like I only see 3 difficulty levels here for arcade there is no "easy" hero is the lowest one unless its hidden somewhere most of that stuff is right though except the difficulty level thing and the character trials it varies between 20 - 25 for instance Fat Princess has 21.

everything here looks correct, SSreborn up for a match?

Yup, add me on PSN lets play! Klipz-Wish

Quick

Banned
I got excited when I saw it available on the PS Store, but it turned out to be the pre-order, which I've just done. So sweet not having to pay taxes for digital downloads. Saved myself about $8. Woohoo!

And I get the bonus costumes and a dynamic theme on top of that.

I don't know if it came along with the store revamp or the Day One Digital, but it makes it explicitly clear that the download is available after 12:01 AM (EST) on Tuesday. I was pretty annoyed about NHL 13 not being available to download until later in the day of its release. PS Store redeemed!

And the Vita is getting PS+ with awesome games on Tuesday, too. Great week to be a PS3 and Vita owner. Feels good man.

"while Battle Royale accomplishes many things, and plays well it is difficult to look past the fact that this is a soulless rip off of glorious Smash Bros. you have to wonder how many tears Sakurai sama shed when seeing this sucky abomination. On many occasions playing this bad game I literally became sick. Superbot have shot themselves in the foot, and the only way they can redeem this game is through repentance"

- IGN (Nintendo editor guest review)

Is this a real quote? I can't even tell... that's sad.

Played my friend's copy today. Ughhh this game is so damn good! The wait for Tuesday is killer! I tried everyone in the roster and while several are fun, Sackboy is definitely going to be my main character. He's insanely strategic and I look forward to seeing how his gameplay evolves throughout this game's life. Toro unfortunately didn't cut it for me. Oh well.

I also played through Sackboy's story mode. I've never played Bioshock, but
Little Sister scares the hell out of me.

I do believe this game will get good scores. It doesn't look bad at all, maybe it's not going to +9.5 scores, but so far if reviewers don't get into moral stuff and just review the game as it is it'll probably do well critically.

Xater

The digital pre-order in EU is now becoming weird. I already have the Vita game but the PS3 game is still not downloadable..

SSReborn

So happy to hear you are liking it Klipz ^_^

1v1 definitely sounds awesome. Too bad you can't matchmake into a 1v1 match :(

Or can you?

Naw I don't think you can which is a shame because 1 v 1 are so amazing they need to patch it in.
goddamn this game is addicting nice matches SSreborn !!

Yup they were so fun your Sir Dan is really good I didn't even know he was going to be viable in 1 v 1's.

Ploid 3.0

Naw I don't think you can which is a shame because 1 v 1 are so amazing they need to patch it in.

Wait are you guys saying you can't do 1 vs 1 with a friend? You can't set up a room to invite a buddy to 1 vs 1 at all? Not rank, but just 1v1 any other way. Also if you can do that rematch option is in or do you have to always pick a character again?

tribal24

Banned
Wait are you guys saying you can't do 1 vs 1 with a friend? You can't set up a room to invite a buddy to 1 vs 1 at all? Not rank, but just 1v1 any other way. Also if you can do that rematch option is in or do you have to always pick a character again?

we were just playing 1 v 1 , dont know about the restart option SS was there any ?since i wasn't host

I think he is saying you can't do 1v1 versus a random. Which if true SUCKS big time

Top Bottom