• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Tiu Neo

Woke up now, will play a bit of single player to learn the game.

So, did anyone that preordered the digital version receive the extra costumes?

Takao

Banned
I for one love the game... and I normally don´t play fighting games.

You own a PlayStation Vita and have yet to throw it under the bus. You are not a typical member of the video games press.

As I said ages ago, there are people who are upset this game exists. I'm not expecting universal acclaim even if the game had no single player issues, or anything.

Vysetron

Neo Member
the one two punch of the ranked mode stuff and seeing 1v1 not in the quick match option certainly didn't make things easier.

Oh dude, I'm with you. I don't like that the online is so barebones, and I certainly don't like that it feels like some stuff is just...missing. It's still got that beta feel, but the core gameplay is really strong and since patches are promised I wouldn't be surprised if they added in some other searches. That's why I'm not really bothered.

Hope I didn't come across as rude! I was just trying to clarify, haha.

So does this have Custom soundtrack for both versions?

I'm sure Sony isn't expecting a lot of good will, especially given the tone a lot of the gaming press uses when talking about the game.

Thats what i'm thinking...don't most of Sony's review embargoes normally end a week before the game is out?

Let's make a small list of notes/patch updates we'd like (be reasonable)

I'll start:

-1v1 for Quick match at least
-Second player sign in to own account (even damn Black Ops II added this)
-Rematch option (what happened to this? Is it just for quick play?)

I want to keep the menu on my favourite character.

Is custom soundtrack really available? I keep hearing conflicting reports. That menu song has to go.

SSReborn

Let's make a small list of notes/patch updates we'd like (be reasonable)

I'll start:

-1v1 for Quick match at least
-Second player sign in to own account (even damn Black Ops II added this)
-Rematch option (what happened to this? Is it just for quick play?)

I swear I seen this in the stream... anyways

- Theatre mode so we can re watch the rival cut scenes, plus character story and intros and outros.
- A way that we can set the UI theme to what we permanently want.
- More options for practice mode if that's possible like being able to reset character position by pressing R3 or something.
- Be able to grab somebody random from online into your versus matches (If this is at all possible)
- Custom Soundtracks.. It says its in there on the box.

I want to keep the menu on my favourite character.

Is custom soundtrack really available? I keep hearing conflicting reports. That menu song has to go.

If it is no one can find it :/ its not available through the normal XMB means.

Is there a reason to set your costume in the Customization option? It doesn't default to the costume selected, you still have to select it when you get into a game...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It would have been nice if the Trail mode had one trail that gave some suggestions about what combos into what. The only character specific combo trial seems best completed by finding normal one button moves that do multiple hits and spamming that.

I swear I seen this in the stream... anyways

- Theatre mode so we can re watch the rival cut scenes, plus character story and intros and outros.
- A way that we can set the UI theme to what we permanently want.
- More options for practice mode if that's possible like being able to reset character position by pressing R3 or something.
- Be able to grab somebody random from online into your versus matches (If this is at all possible)
- Custom Soundtracks.. It says its in there on the box.

If it is no one can find it :/ its not available through the normal XMB means.

Ugh...

Oh yeah I forgot. Yesterday I tried to use my Hori V3SA with the game and the R2 and L2 buttons wouldn't work but they do in other games. Can anyone else test their sticks to see if it works?

Noi

Yeesh, I was expecting my download to finish overnight with the automatic update, but it's still at 74%. Finish faster you dumb game.

Need to get a Vita ASAP for this game and Persona 4. I don't care if it dies soon lol, tearaway and Persona will be worth it. Hopefully there are good Black Friday deals.

You wanna do Dante v. Dante? lol

PSN is smithnco

damnnn. 1v1 is funnn. :) lets play again in a few if youre up for it. :) just gonna eat dinner.

anyways, how do you do that spinning axe move? or whatever that was. and can i just ask, was i lagging? im wondering how my net here in the philippines holds up. :p

had fun playing man!

edit: got it. down circle. :p

SmithnCo

damnnn. 1v1 is funnn. :) lets play again in a few if youre up for it. :) just gonna eat dinner.

anyways, how do you do that spinning axe move? or whatever that was. and can i just ask, was i lagging? im wondering how my net here in the philippines holds up. :p

had fun playing man!

Yeah, nice match lol, ya got me. Spinning axe is up-O, it's one of his most useful moves I think. A little lag but pretty good for most of the match.

That large training stage is pretty cool, it reminds me of Hyrule Temple from Smash.

SSReborn

Okay so the rematch button is there if your playing anything associated with offline once you add someone from online however it doesn't show up at all.

Yeah, nice match lol, ya got me. Spinning axe is up-O, it's one of his most useful moves I think. A little lag but pretty good for most of the match.

That large training stage is pretty cool, it reminds me of Hyrule Temple from Smash.

nice. i really hope i dont lag that much during the tourney. :p i'd hate to win a few matches or land some kills due to lag.

anyways, im back if you wanna play again. :D

SoulUnison

Banned
Switched over to the PS3, but I think it's going to be back to the Vita, soon.

Still up and playing randoms right now if anybody wants to jump in.
Wouldn't mind trying some 1v1s.

PSN - SoulUnison

Noshino

so much fun

Heihachi is a lot more troublesome than I thought, that stomp is soooo annoying

The most fun thus far was a FFA Radec vs Heihachi vs Dino vs Sly (me)....

so hectic, so good

btw what do unlock between lvl 50 and 200?

But that's unranked. How the hell does this even happen. How? How can you have a game where single player is not the focus, and royally completely fuck up ranked multiplayer? In what universe is this acceptable? This isn't the freaking year 2000.

I honestly really really want my money back now. This is unacceptable. What an absolute waste of some great gameplay mechanics. I mean seriously WTF. This (if you combine it with the realization that the single player mode is mostly a second thought) is far far worse than the roster fiasco ever was.

But I know you guys. You live in some sort of bubble where other games don't exist, and will defend it without seeing how every single other fighting game released this generation, including the old school rereleases and the ones on portables have ranked modes that are worth something.

This really freaking sucks. Fuck this game. It deserves every low score it can get.

You do realize this is something they can easily update and add right? 1v1 or 2v2 ranked matches. It could even just be a server side update to add those modes to ranked. The game hasnt even fully launched yet. Give it time. This shouldnt be end all be all killer for you, as it can be easily fixed. Complain about something thats permanent or probably wont ever be changed.

Noi

Hooray, the game is finally installed after spending all night downloading it. Time to play the game-

"Day 1 update"

I'm not normally bothered by progress bars, but man this couldn't have picked a worse time.
KuGsj.gif

Edit: There, done. Time to scavenge and see if the game was worth all the heartache.

Top Bottom