• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Gadirok

...Ok, I may have to take back what I said earlier about maybe ditching Radec. Playing through his arcade mode now after that one online match, and I'm noticing some immediate buffs. I should jot these down as I go...

Can you still spam down+triangle :p

Gadirok

I already mentioned this, but for those who already picked up their copies of the retail edition, did you recieve your preorder skins through a seperate code from the CSR or was it in the case?

Kouichi

Got tired of getting beaten up as Dan on ranked. Chose to swap back to Radec.

8202151211_6cd830d96d_z.jpg

Yup, still got it.

Hey that's me! You did great that match. I missed almost every level one. I was so sloppy.

Tiu Neo

Played online with randoms... I suck. Well, got second place in one fight using Ratchet, so there may be hope.

But this game is so fun, anyway, so I don't care.

Sol1dus

Question, does the ps3 come with a separate code for the Vita game or is it tied to the online pass?

I'm in Italy and while I plan on getting the PS3 version when I get back, I want to get the full game for Vita now. I'm just wondering if people are going to sell their vita codes on Ebay.

Gadirok

When are we getting reviews?

I'm not trusting reviews for this game. Enough overlooked starhawk and twisted metal because of their reviews despite numerous improvements in the following updates to make the game quite different and a overall better rounded product.

I admit, those changes should have been there since launch but I still think getting games at launch are worth it and some reviewers tip the scale when some are clearly too generous and others seem to have a vendetta. Or the worst is when a reviewer gives a hack-job of a review and doesn't give enough reasons to why he gave them a score.

I appreciate feedback more than numerical scores these days. Atleast they tell you the downs and ups.

alterno69

Banned
Question, does the ps3 come with a separate code for the Vita game or is it tied to the online pass?

I'm in Italy and while I plan on getting the PS3 version when I get back, I want to get the full game for Vita now. I'm just wondering if people are going to sell their vita codes on Ebay.
They're tied

How many idle animations does each character have? I've seen 3 so far. Sir Dan has an awesome one.

Edit: Make that 4

Damn he has different ones for the shield as well...

Noi

Quick and dirty Radec changes:
- Grenades (both Surprise Grenade and Grenade Launcher) detonate faster.
- Recovery time on Surprise Grenade decreased. It's now possible to constantly use the move to create distance while leaving explosions in it's path, or actually use the grenade while being offensive.
- Recovery time on Shotgun GREATLY reduced. This makes the ground version actually viable because it doesn't leave you vulnerable on whiff, and you can spam it on incoming aerial enemies.
- Gun Boot, Knife Blast, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Bolt Gun and Flamethrower all deal 30 AP if all their hits connect.
- (air) Double Kick and (air) Shotgun Pistol come out much faster. Actually usable to interrupt attacks when in the air. The former can combo into Gun Boot and Knife Blast if you only land the first hit when landing, meaning (air) Double Kick (first hit only) > Knife Blast > Sniper Rifle/Arc Cannon works as a combo.
- Fury Combat Knife (Up Square) still seems pretty useless.
- W.A.S.P. Launcher works more like the original beta than the Crossplay beta. Better homing on enemies when locked on, non-locked out missiles are faster, quick to launch missiles, not stupid hard to land missiles on more than one enemy.

Dawg

Anyone else (Vita) who has problems with accepting the EULA? Trying to invite friends or joining a ranked/quick match ends up with a grey screen (EULA on background) and "An error has appeared"

SSReborn

Anyone here playing as drake? I really suck with him...

Yep he is who I primarily use. One thing to do with him is throw out the barrel let it roll across the floor and follow behind it shooting your AK when in melee distance press square and you will gun buck a character across the screen

Quick and dirty Radec changes:
- Grenades (both Surprise Grenade and Grenade Launcher) detonate faster.
- Recovery time on Surprise Grenade decreased. It's now possible to constantly use the move to create distance while leaving explosions in it's path, or actually use the grenade while being offensive.
- Recovery time on Shotgun GREATLY reduced. This makes the ground version actually viable because it doesn't leave you vulnerable on whiff, and you can spam it on incoming aerial enemies.
- Gun Boot, Knife Blast, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Bolt Gun and Flamethrower all deal 30 AP if all their hits connect.
- (air) Double Kick and (air) Shotgun Pistol come out much faster. Actually usable to interrupt attacks when in the air. The former can combo into Gun Boot and Knife Blast if you only land the first hit when landing, meaning (air) Double Kick (first hit only) > Knife Blast > Sniper Rifle/Arc Cannon works as a combo.
- Fury Combat Knife (Up Square) still seems pretty useless.
- W.A.S.P. Launcher works more like the original beta than the Crossplay beta. Better homing on enemies when locked on, non-locked out missiles are faster, quick to launch missiles, not stupid hard to land missiles on more than one enemy.

All the Radec changes sound so good. Seems like he is even more beastly now.

mauaus

Yep he is who I primarily use. One thing to do with him is throw out the barrel let it roll across the floor and follow behind it shooting your AK when in melee distance press square and you will gun buck a character across the screen

All the Radec changes sound so good. Seems like he is even more beastly now.

sweet thanks for the tips!

Tsunamo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=44552371
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/11/20/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/#/0

We usually get interviews with Omar, Seth, Clockw0rk and never really hear from Chan Park President of Superbot Ent. Here's one now.
Nice to see Chan again, it felt weird how we rarely saw him after E3. I'd love to see who was on the list that didn't make the cut, sounds like we'll eventually be seeing them as DLC if the game does well.
They've been on a roll with DLC goofs on PSN lately.
Considering it's Sony (and how bad SCEE are with updates) really doesn't suprise me.

So pleased by the reversible cover art. Sadly, i forgot to get my PS3 back up-and-running, so i have to wait through a big system update before i finally get to put this bad boy in. Just be patient and listen to more of the Parappa soundtrack for hype.

Yes, and it will be lots of fun, I imagine.

Oh man, I can't wait for some of the jabs at Nintendo reviewers throw into their writing.

"PlayStation All Stars just gave Smash Bros. a haymaker"
"PlayStation All Stars out Smash Bros. Smash Bros."
"PlayStation All Stars kicks Smash Bros. right in Las Plagas."

Okay, the last one doesn't make sense, but it's funny to me if you know the context :)

Tiu Neo

Finally won on the online mode, as Ratchet, against two Parappas and one Radec, on overtime.

Tried using other characters, but got decent results only with Ratchet.

bakedpony

Oh man, I can't wait for some of the jabs at Nintendo reviewers throw into their writing.

"PlayStation All Stars just gave Smash Bros. a haymaker"
"PlayStation All Stars out Smash Bros. Smash Bros."
"PlayStation All Stars kicks Smash Bros. right in Las Plagas."

Okay, the last one doesn't make sense, but it's funny to me if you know the context :)

Playstation All Stars Smashed U Bros.

Can anyone give me the beat on exactly what the online pass gives you access to/locks you out of for sure? Planning on renting this this weekend and having people over and purchasing it if I like what I play. After the fiasco of lb kart last week though where we couldn't play local 4 player without the online pass though, I thought it was worth double checking this. Cheers.

Top Bottom