• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Cartman86

Banned
I sadly don't have much hope that multiplayer will be where it is at for this game considering most of my friends don't have PS3's and live too far away, so does the single player at least have the level of reverence for Sony as Smash Bros Melee and Brawl had for Nintendo?

SmithnCo

I sadly don't have much hope that multiplayer will be where it is at for this game considering most of my friends don't have PS3's and live too far away, so is the single player at least on the level if reverence for Sony as Smash Bros Melee and Brawl were for Nintendo?

Don't get it for the single player. It's really multiplayer based.

Noi

Yeesh, the lack of a reset button during the combos tutorial is annoying. That's kind of a glaring omission. :/

DigitalOp

Banned
Whats cracking gaf??

I had soo much fun last nite, man I'm gonna be thinking bout about this game all day ugh. I need a Vita

Any new developments brewing???

Noi

Initial Sir Dan Impressions: Not made for 1v1. If you thought Radec had little to no comboability, Sir Dan actually trumps that. That said, his main advantage comes from the enormous range on his sword, to the point where what few combos he does have, he can actually land on possibly all 3 opponents at once, making him a threat every time opponents bundle together. Heavily based on setting up enemies using his triangle and circle moves and then following up with his sword.

Level 1 - Hits diagonally. The bane of every Big Daddy. Will miss smaller characters like Sackboy, Parappa and Spike when standing next to them. Can get you some mileage with arrow or ^Square setups, but will likely be avoidable once people start seeing it coming.

Level 2 - The meat and potatoes, so to speak. Hits vertically above Dan and launches three orbs that home on opponents and persist for a few seconds after use. Can be hard to dodge when combined with a living skeleton hounding your ass, but it'll likely get you the most kills with proper use.

Level 3 - Undecided. Can be useful for smaller stages or if you get the drop on people when using it, but getting kills with this can be kind of luck of the draw due to spawn points, terrain and how mobile the opponent is. Super only lasts long enough to get a max of 6 kills, provided that all 3 other opponents are kind enough to sit next to you and let themselves die from the moment you use it.

Edit: Did the Three for One trophy using Dan's level 1 just now. At least I know it's got the range for it!

Isn't it just automatic?
My character ranking seemed to show up nearly instantly when switching platforms, as long as I made sure to quit the game on the other, first.

EDIT: Anybody still up and playing? Looking for rivals.

Huh my vita game still acts like an unplayed game :(

Isn't it just automatic?
My character ranking seemed to show up nearly instantly when switching platforms, as long as I made sure to quit the game on the other, first.

EDIT: Anybody still up and playing? Looking for rivals.

i dont mind practicing my dante skills. :) can only play a few matches though. i think im having a fever.

worst.timing.ever.

Initial Sir Dan Impressions: Not made for 1v1. If you thought Radec had little to no comboability, Sir Dan actually trumps that. That said, his main advantage comes from the enormous range on his sword, to the point where what few combos he does have, he can actually land on possibly all 3 opponents at once, making him a threat every time opponents bundle together. Heavily based on setting up enemies using his triangle and circle moves and then following up with his sword.

Level 1 - Hits diagonally. The bane of every Big Daddy. Will miss smaller characters like Sackboy, Parappa and Spike when standing next to them. Can get you some mileage with arrow or ^Square setups, but will likely be avoidable once people start seeing it coming.

Level 2 - The meat and potatoes, so to speak. Hits vertically above Dan and launches three orbs that home on opponents and persist for a few seconds after use. Can be hard to dodge when combined with a living skeleton hounding your ass, but it'll likely get you the most kills with proper use.

Level 3 - Undecided. Can be useful for smaller stages or if you get the drop on people when using it, but getting kills with this can be kind of luck of the draw due to spawn points, terrain and how mobile the opponent is. Super only lasts long enough to get a max of 6 kills, provided that all 3 other opponents are kind enough to sit next to you and let themselves die from the moment you use it.

Edit: Did the Three for One trophy using Dan's level 1 just now. At least I know it's got the range for it!

Well what do you think now? Best or worst game ever?

Gadirok

Ugh. Stupid work, I got to wait until 7pm to pick up my copy.

I am probably going to have to play the PS3 version too because I still got to clear up space on my 4gb (my only card).

Frobisher says and those AR games will be the first to go.

RazOmari

To my surprise, I'm loving Big Daddy. His super armor is extremely helpful in FFA (as expected) and it's a ton of fun mowing down the competition :3

vg260

Woke up now, will play a bit of single player to learn the game.

So, did anyone that preordered the digital version receive the extra costumes?

I didn't and apparently neither did anyone else, apparently. I hope they resolve this quick. I don't want another SFxT-like mess. This is what put me over the edge to get the digital version instead of retail, so I hope they fix this. Maybe it's not out til the store's updated today? Or maybe it's gonna be sent via XMB? No clue. It was advertised as being included on the PSN store description, right?

Nakiro

I didn't and apparently neither did anyone else, apparently. I hope they resolve this quick. I don't want another SFxT-like mess. This is what put me over the edge to get the digital version instead of retail, so I hope they fix this. Maybe it's not out til the store's updated today? Or maybe it's gonna be sent via XMB? No clue. It was advertised as being included on the PSN store description, right?

Yeah they said it was included.

Jawmuncher

Still no save on my vita...gonna delete the game and download and copy from my PS3. See if that works. Getting desperate

Yeah I was wondering how saves work between the 2 copies, not to mention how cros sbuy is working to begin with (Wont have my copy until next week)

This is the part I hate. Where all the Americans have the game and are posting their impressions, and I can't join in the fun until Friday. Really vexes me. I don't see why games can't just release here on a Tuesday as well.

Noi

Joined my first ranked match. I pick Dan, the game tosses me into the match as Big Daddy. I spend most of the match without playing because I don't respawn after I get killed.

I thought the point of the beta was to fix this shit?

Tsunamo

This is the part I hate. Where all the Americans have the game and are posting their impressions, and I can't join in the fun until Friday. Really vexes me. I don't see why games can't just release here on a Tuesday as well.
I feel your pain Acquiescence :(
We get the game on Thursday over here in Australia, but it's still a pain waiting. I really wish simultanious worldwide releases happened more often, but that's a long way off.

bakedpony

Me too! R1 copies will probably come out Thursday over here. The R3 copies are already available but my US Vita account would probably not be able to redeem the crossbuy voucher.

Gadirok

Is the tournament thing started? I wanted to join in but am looking for someone who is also fairly new to the game like myself and doesn't mind getting knocked out in the first few rounds.

Nakiro

Is the tournament thing started? I wanted to join in but am looking for someone who is also fairly new to the game like myself and doesn't mind getting knocked out in the first few rounds.
Tournament thing is always on, you're basically earning points every time you play ranked matches and that goes towards your "belt" so you're trying to get to black belt by the end of the month.

Noi

Got tired of getting beaten up as Dan on ranked. Chose to swap back to Radec.

8202151211_6cd830d96d_z.jpg

Yup, still got it.

Gadirok

Good Cole vs Raiden is an awesome rivalry fight

Yeah but Fat Princess vs Evil Cole seems like a cruel joke.

Then again I guess people who were *****ing about Evil Cole being an unecessary character will be happy to see his rivalry. Or fume even more. I guess it depends.

I'm still going to check him out though.

Kessler vs Reaper all the way. It gets me all giggly when I think of Infamous 2. Awww, how I'd wish for an infamous 3.

Anyways about the preorder skins, they are on the reciept? Right? I don't want to get burned again and am ready to complain this time.

I never got my preorder skins for LBP vita.

Cartman86

Banned
Game feels like a half finished title though the part they finished was probably the right choice. Only played for 2 hours now but once you are in game its pretty good. Just wish the menus and single player stuff was better. The style of the menus is pretty horrid. The presentation outside of gameplay is just so sterile and boring.

Noi

...Ok, I may have to take back what I said earlier about maybe ditching Radec. Playing through his arcade mode now after that one online match, and I'm noticing some immediate buffs. I should jot these down as I go...

Gadirok

Game feels like a half finished title though the part they finished was probably the right choice. Only played for 2 hours now but once you are in game its pretty good. Just wish the menus and single player stuff was better. The style of the menus is pretty horrid. The presentation outside of gameplay is just so sterile and boring.

Every single AAA IP sony pushed out on the PS3 this year felt like that. All potential to be good but bombed with reviews and sales.

Whatever, I will still enjoy them just like I enjoyed Starhawk and Twisted Metal. I am expecting the worst though from what you mentioned.

Top Bottom