• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

btkadams

No its not up to download through the disc benefits thing I mean. The version that comes with the retail copy the service isn't up yet.

wtf??? i'm not going to be home for a few days after tonight. they better have it up today... have they said when it will be up?

Yeah, pretty easy to catch a whole crowd with that one. Raiden is such a beast in close quarters.

im realllly loving raiden. its just annoying how its.. Raiden. Was never a big fan of him. I'd probably use him more if he had a Grey Fox alt.

But nonetheless, hes amazing. I initially planned on maining Cole and Dante. But now its Dante and Raiden.

Does anyone know where the theme that plays during Raiden's level 3 is from? Was it made for the game?

I need a long version of it, because it is excellent.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Huh the review topic is going really well.

Yeah, I think the Melee vs. Brawl debate was way more vicious than the Smash vs. All Stars debates ever got. I looked up some of those the other day and, wow, no comparison.

The review scores surprised me quite a bit. I was really expecting most of the scores to be 6 and 7's given the initial reaction from the media.

Ran rp

I think I've got a pretty good Nariko combo that fills the lvl 1 bar. I just need to figure out the exact command sequence.

ZeroAKA

So about PS3/Vita compatibility... Is it confirmed that this game has cross save but lacks the cross trophy support like Sound Shapes had?

Tiu Neo

Quit the PS3 game, in the Vita game sign in to your PSN again. Should be synced.
Also... pre order costumes?

Nope, didn't get them. Did anyone from sony or superbot say anything about it?

And will try to sync. I played a bit of the Vita version and was afraid of overwriting my ps3 save, so I deleted the Vita version, thinking it would only delete my save... And remembered it was digital 10 seconds later. Downloading again.

Does Sweet Tooth feel really slow to anyone from the beta?

He feels on par with Big Daddy. Unless I was lagging. They seemed to have made him feel more heavy (which actually would make more sense)

kewlmyc

Haha, I just got an email telling me my copy will be here tomorrow. Apparently I preordered it from Newegg during one of their -$12 preorder deals. I forgot I bought it. :p Hopefully I enjoy it, I guess.

vg260

I probably missed it, but how exactly does the Vita version redemption work logistically? I bought it digitally, so it doesn't affect me, but I'm curious.

I understand that you have to have the disc, but what keeps people from using the disc over and over among friends w/ Vitas? Can you only access to the redemption option after you redeem your online pass? That's the only way I can think they make sure there's only 1 download per disc.

Toro is quite a difficult character. Works great in Free for All and probably 2 vs 2, but I can't get a hit confirm for a level one super. Also fighting against Heihachi on the highest difficulty was a pain in the neck. Dude is a combo master and blocks and evades and counters nearly everything, So frustrating lol.

Also anyone pick this up at Best Buy? I did not get a preorder bonus. They said they had no way of adding it to the purchase even though I preorder, so it may get emailed to me. But I have no email.

btkadams

I probably missed it, but how exactly does the Vita version redemption work logistically? I bought it digitally, so it doesn't affect me, but I'm curious.

I understand that you have to have the disc, but what keeps people from using the disc over and over among friends w/ Vitas? Can you only access to the redemption option after you redeem your online pass? That's the only way I can think they make sure there's only 1 download per disc.

no one knows how it works yet, because that ability isn't active yet (to get the vita version with the ps3 retail version). apparently the icon is on the dic in the xmb but shows an error at the moment.

Adam Blue

Yeah I went home on lunch specifically to do this. Couldn't figure it out. Must be the bonus content option you can select under games. But it errors out.

B-Dex

The costume code came on a fancy greeting card that folds open. Nice touch.
And the case has inside art!

GAME CRASHED stuck at a black screen right after finishing the tutorial. Trophy unlocked but then it was stuck. Could still quit through XMB tho.

vg260

Where did you get the game? Does this come in every first-wave copy? I thought it was an emailed code?

Disc benefits should be working. Your PS3 needs firmware 4.31, apparently.

That's really interesting. Using the disc benefits thing, it says the disc will be added to your account:
"You can only add the disc once. After adding the disc to your account, it cannot be aded to any other account."
Is there some sort of unique identifier on the disc itself? Otherwise, what would keep you from passing the disc around?

This has interesting implications for anti-used restrictions (next-gen) if so. I would actually welcome the opportunity to be able to buy at retail, but be able to download a digital copy as well.

Disc Benefits is nice. Gives Vita version entitlement ONCE and cant be unlinked. Then either download right on vita or download on ps3 then transfer.

GAME CRASHED stuck at a black screen right after finishing the tutorial. Trophy unlocked but then it was stuck. Could still quit through XMB tho.

Costume code was inside the case?

Well i just finished arcade mode with Dante as my first shot. Pretty satisfying. They made the sounds a little more impactful than before, but it still not as punchy as I would like. 1 v 1 is rather fustrating since i don't have a clean way to combo into lvl 1 super, so the fights take longer than i feel it should've. Free For All fights are bonkers as expected, and i can see why 2v2 is the competitive sweet spot. Even the AI final boss fight had some nasty setups with Sweet Tooth/Radec.

So far it seems like a solid game. Fun doing combos without quarter circle motions, while still challenging on my skill level at least. Hope to find a partner and get down to some practice

Top Bottom