• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

B.O.O.M

Finished slys campaign and now working through Raiden

Absolutely loving it. The best thing about the gameplay in this game? How so different each characters plays! Going from sly to Raiden takes some adjusting

LTWood12

Was at Target about 20 minutes ago, and they were already sold out of it. Might just be a fluke, but hopefully that's a good sign of sales.

Sponge

Banned
So how do the costumes work in this game? How do I redeem them?

Also, my gamestop clerk gave me these preorder bonuses when I picked up All Stars.

stuff.jpg

Not too bad considering I love Scribblenauts and Adventure Time.

Great fun so far, some people are in their mid 60's online and whooping my butt

Didnt preorder so I didn't get the costumes :( wanted the Kessler skin, oh well.

bloodyroarxx is my PSN if anyone is up for some games for the next hour or so.

Maybe they never got a shipment, lol.

I recall LBP karting never got one for the local walmart at work.

If it is anything like around here, the initial shipment was very light. Talking 10 copies at some stores, including preorders. Hope it will get restocked for Friday.

So how do the costumes work in this game? How do I redeem them?

Also, my gamestop clerk gave me these preorder bonuses when I picked up All Stars.

stuff.jpg

Not too bad considering I love Scribblenauts and Adventure Time.

I need this answer, I preordered at Best Buy and got no code!!!!!!

I've been taking some great vita screenshots. I love the art that shows up in the arcade modes.
In short, the game is everything I had hoped it to be. Very happy and looking forward to downloading my pre order costumes hehe

Just beat arcade mode on All-Star difficulty with Fat Princess.. that final stage was pretty tough. Fun though. Loved seeing PM again.
But yeah, I really wish this game didn't come out today. I bought a Wii U on Sunday, had Hitman unlock on Steam last night, and now I have this. Argh!

Edit: It is now 2:26pm and the credits are still rolling. Holy shit.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I asked my Gamestop clerk about it and he said Sony wasn't specific enough to them about it, and he thought it was something you unlocked on disc.

I really hope we weren't screwed over.

did you check your receipt? My friend got his code on the receipt.

Caffer

Neo Member
wtf??? i'm not going to be home for a few days after tonight. they better have it up today... have they said when it will be up?
I don't know if it's already been said but you must update to fw 4.31 on the ps3 to have access to the ps vita version!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My friend just passed me the message about Raiden's Origin.

Raiden's origin is 2012: metal gear solid rising: revengeance

I thought it was lame that they wouldn't use Metal Gear Solid 2. Pure advertising.

btkadams

Some people go on Blackouts for games. Including me. Yes I knew but some people may have not. Plus other countries haven't gotten the game. Better safe then sorry.

i agree. all the characters aside from the final boss have been officially announced, so there isn't much left to be surprised by. i think it's fair to respect those who want to have SOME surprises.
I don't know if it's already been said but you must update to fw 4.31 on the ps3 to have access to the ps vita version!
it has been said, but i appreciate the follow-up! :)

The only true "lack of impact" I find is (final boss spoilers)
when Polygon Man is defeated and he very nonchalantly says something to the effect of "No one has ever beat me before now" and then simply "explodes." I was expecting a scream or at least a raised voice.

Lord Phol

Anyone know when this is playable for EU people? :eek:
Need to know if I should wait up and play until I fall asleep or get som rest and powerplay tomorrow x3.

sephi22

Raiden is awesome.

Side-Throw->Up+Sq->jump->late Sq,Sq,Sq,Sq,Sq
Circle (Counter) -> Up+Sq->jump->late Sq,Sq,Sq,Sq,Sq

Are my BnBs. Both build tons of meter. Too bad his level 1 is slow. But its good for getting multiple opponents though.
Also why would anyone ever use his Level 3 over his Level 2?

Game is too easy, even on All-Star mode.
Beat Arcade on All-Star difficulty with Raiden with 0 retries, and also beat Combat Trials on All-Star difficulty.
Level 93 Raiden now.

I'm guessing Online is going to be hard as shit, going by other fighting games

Caffer

Neo Member
Do you online amazon dependents own vehicles?
Why wait another day when you can go to your local Kmart & get it today?
I don't have patience to wait an extra day if I have the money.
it's 20 Euro cheaper and with pre-order costumes so I waited... but I have to admit I was going to cancel the order and go digital at some point lol

J-Tier

My friend just passed me the message about Raiden's Origin.

I thought it was lame that they wouldn't use Metal Gear Solid 2. Pure advertising.

Yeah, I'm sure that was meant to appease Platinum Games who were pissed at the game because his reveal wasn't hyped up.

sephi22

Anyone know when this is playable for EU people? :eek:
Need to know if I should wait up and play until I fall asleep or get som rest and powerplay tomorrow x3.
Man my copy propably arrives so late tomorrow that people are propably already bored with this gaem :(.

I'm in EU (Well, Middle East) and I got an early copy today. However, I couldn't redeem my online pass. Guess the UAE PSN store didn't get the list of codes yet.

Raiden is awesome.

Side-Throw->Up+Sq->jump->late Sq,Sq,Sq,Sq,Sq
Circle (Counter) -> Up+Sq->jump->late Sq,Sq,Sq,Sq,Sq

Are my BnBs. Both build tons of meter. Too bad his level 1 is slow. But its good for getting multiple opponents though.
Also why would anyone ever use his Level 3 over his Level 2?

Game is too easy, even on All-Star mode.
Beat Arcade on All-Star difficulty with Raiden with 0 retries, and also beat Combat Trials on All-Star difficulty.
Level 93 Raiden now.

I'm guessing Online is going to be hard as shit, going by other fighting games

For kicks try it with Toro. It was certainly challenging for me. lol Especially fighting 1 v 1 against Heihachi.

Dawg

I'm in EU (Well, Middle East) and I got an early copy today. However, I couldn't redeem my online pass. Guess the UAE PSN store didn't get the list of codes yet.

I got an early digital release (EU) and I can't accept the EULA ingame to play online :(

Mr. Fix

Dude on GF (who called support) says we're getting our costumes via email (for those who preordered) when the store updates. Grace Chen, I am cry.

Lord Phol

Man my copy propably arrives so late tomorrow that people are propably already bored with this gaem :(.

Haha nah man, kat isn't even out yet the game is gonna last a long time! It's all about that smooth online and dlc! But I feel you, I got the PSN version but it won't let me start it, so frustrating D:.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Played it on the bus ride to work this morning, and it was as awesome as I expected it to be. Almost missed my stop. Lol.

I'm dying to play more, but I have to get lunch, then eat, and hopefully squeeze in more of my Raiden arcade run. He's pretty fun to use!

Dude on GF (who called support) says we're getting our costumes via email (for those who preordered) when the store updates. Grace Chen, I am cry.

Yea after nearly an hour on the phone with Best Buy, at one point my call was redirected to GameFly (I don't even...), they said they will email me the code within 24 hours.

Yay.....booooooooo

Top Bottom