• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Ran rp

Dude on GF (who called support) says we're getting our costumes via email (for those who preordered) when the store updates. Grace Chen, I am cry.

No day-1 dlc? I could have sworn that it was confirmed here several times that day-1 digital got you the dlc too.

Am cry.

Edit: Scrafty Cup!

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Scrafty Cup!

ibio9ukf7PsmUw.png

Rules:
Games will be played with two teams of two players. The game mode will be first to five kill limit, and for the purpose of this tournament all items and stage hazards will be turned on. Once entry has closed on Sunday, November 25th, matchups will be chosen at random. The bracket is double elimination, so even if you're knocked out of the first round, you'll have a chance to win the consolation championships. Games will be played in a Best of 3 format, and photo proof of a team's victory (scoreboard) must be sent to one of the judges (ScraftyDevil or SmithnCo, depending on which side of the bracket your match was on) before said victory becomes official. Doctoring or editing of photos is strictly illegal, and will be punishable by disqualification. The time and date of your match must be agreed upon with your teammate and your opponent beforehand so that the judge is aware of when the match will take place. The championship winners shall be awarded with a cool thing, and the consolation winners shall be awarded a pat on the back and a slightly less-cool thing.

Regarding disconnections, although I hope that all of you competing in this prestigious tournament are too good for ragequitting, we shall unfortunately have to assume the worst if such a situation occurs, and award the round to the team that did not disconnect. We wholeheartedly encourage 1-2 scrimmage or practice rounds (the exact number MUST be agreed on by both teams so that there is no confusion) prior to the actual match in order to gauge the potential amount of lag and network trouble.

Each round of the tournament will take place over 2 days, allowing teams ample time to contact their opponents and decide when their match shall take place. If for whatever reason, be it scheduling conflicts or crippling network issues, a team can find absolutely no time in which to play their match, they must contact one of the judges and explain the issue, at which point their opponents will be swapped with another team which has not completed their match yet (with the other team's consent, of course). Round deadlines will NOT be extended under any circumstances (if a deadline is missed, a team will be chosen at random to proceed), so we encourage you to send the judges (both of them) a list of any days during which your team will definitely not be able to compete.

Round 1: Monday November 26th-Tuesday, November 27th
Round 2: TBA (to be based on number of entrants)

We ask that entrants please submit both their PSN IDs and their GAF usernames for easy archiving and communication purposes.

2 vs 2 Teams
Time-is-Obsolete - Man-is-Obsolete (Man-is-Obsolete) and TimeEffect
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
Då Vikings's - Drencrom (Drencrom) and Napalm_frank (NapalmFrank)
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24(maxbahamut24) and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
Broronto - AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Artful Dodgers - Tagg9 (TaggSte) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)
RazOr Chamber - Chamber (Novuscaine) and RazOmari (Knot-Locks)
Itchypads - Mik_Pad (mik_pad) and Kouichi (Kooichi-kun)
Figmuncher - Jawmuncher and FigBoy79 (Figboy)
Explosive Duo - Zephyrus (GoncaloPacheco) and B.O.O.M (rathne)
Gunny Balboa - Gunstarhero and KalBalboa
TribalSponge - Sponge (SpongeTheSquid) and tribal24
We Don't Use Dumb Names - Noi (Noisama) and The Grim Heaper (TheGrimHeaper)
Psyborg- PSY・S (SuP3RiViAIN) and cyborg009
DigiTron - DigitalOp and Vysetron (Chuftbot)
Unclenching Kings - Snapshot King (SnapshotKing) and uncleniccius (uncleniccius)
Team Tricky-Sama - Tricky I Shadow and Oyashrio-Sama (FFVIIguy)
The Baked Knights - BakedPony (BakedPony1) and batmandarkknight (Macky_Tung)
Parappin' Believers - Tsunamo (JayTooCool) and FMTownsMarteh (NoR4U_)
InFamous Rising - Spindasher (Mrp7792-X) and Spindasher's Brother (JetsRap94).
The Mauve Avengers- TheDarkStark and krpiper
DREWTONX - Dreweyes and TONX
Nordic Tschörman - Lord Phol (LordPhol) and softie (Ein_Schnaehkeee)
Madden Crew - FrenchMovieTheme (frenchmov) and Rorschach (Carcomar)

Looking for Partner
Baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi)
giancarlo123x
SteeloDMZ
Quick
ScraftyDevil (emeraldphoenix7)
SuperSonic1305
electroshockwave (electroshockwave)
pantsmith (pantsmith)
Gadirok

One last thing: the official YouTube channel for the PSASBR GAF Scrafty Cup can be found here. If competitors have some way of recording their matches, they can send them to ScraftyDevil to be uploaded on the channel.

Avatar and other bets are encouraged. May the best team win, and we wish you luck on the glorious field of BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Vysetron

Neo Member
So I tried to enter in the costume code on my receipt, and it said it can't be redeemed on a vita. I only have a vita, and I bought the vita version. What the hell?

Lord Phol

Thanks! In the beta it seemed that if you were good you could counter Kratos. He seemed OP because no one knew how to dodge supers.
I can't wait to try Raiden.

Yeah I won most matches with sly in the beta just by going invisible during lvl3s and throwing people before they got to lvl3. There's defnitely alot of way to counter stuff in this game.

SmithnCo

Yeah, the full game really has a lot more options which makes Kratos not as overpowered as once thought, for one, Raiden and Nariko are right up there with him in terms of melee. Then you've got more keepaway options with Sackboy and Drake.

NEO0MJ

So I tried to enter in the costume code on my receipt, and it said it can't be redeemed on a vita. I only have a vita, and I bought the vita version. What the hell?

Give it to me if you can't use it >.>

But seriously, I think the only way for you to use it if you don't have a PS3 is to have someone log in with your PSN ID on their system, redeem it, and then you download it from your download history on the PSN.

Try to redeem it on the Sony Entertainment Network website.

Or that.

I still like my way better...

Gadirok

Don't worry bro. I got a solution so you don't have to deal with a PS3.

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ca-en/home/

I've redeemed tons of codes through this site. Someone mentioned it to me back during the starhawk closed beta back when the codes were limited. It really helped out.

Man, am I going to be annoyed if the EBgames/Gamestop near my home doesn't have the preorder costumes when I come to pick them up. I hear bestbuy customers aren't getting them.

SSReborn

So my PS3 just YLOD.......does this mean I can't download the game on my Vita?

NOOOOOO

Bring your disc to a friends house who has a PS3 Log Into Your Account On Their System redeem the Vita game through disc benefits and link it to your account then download the game from your Vita.

PSY・S;44564966 said:
I've been playing mainly as Nariko. I tried Raiden for a game but he felt way too stiff. I need to use him in Solo first.

I think Raiden is going to be popular for 1v1.
The game really is dynamic, different characters seem to be fantastic in FFA, but struggle in 1v1's.

KalBalboa

Banned
The cross saves to Vita work instantaneously- there's no need to manually sync. That's a big bonus.

Just played for a few hours on my Vita with my friend on the PS3. I'm loving Cole.

Gadirok

Are you sure you're not playing Rayman Origins?;)

YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY!
My copy has been dispatched at least, so should be here on Thursday.

A man can dream.

When I pick up my copy I will probably digest sly the quickest. I still haven't checked anybody out of the original 5 from the beta (everyone except fat princess).

Can't wait to try out everybody. Might give Raiden and Ratchet a shot first since they seem the most popular on this thread. Going to try everyone who wasn't in the beta first.

Just less than 2 hours until work ends ;)

PSY・S;44565253 said:
I had a 10 minute makeshift 1v1 in a stock game against Raiden and his lvl1 becomes really predictable.

Not as predictable as toro's. I might as well tell you when I am doing it. And it is hard to combo into.

Ran rp

Not as predictable as toro's. I might as well tell you when I am doing it. And it is hard to combo into.

Nariko's lvl1 isn't great either. You need to distance yourself from the player so you aren't interrupted and running away makes it obvious that I'm trying to set it up.

Gadirok

No, I never bought it. I was pretty vocal about some fundamental things that needed to be adjusted or else the game would suffer, and well......

That's a shame. I hope your not like SpaceNun but still appreciate your honesty.

I know it wasn't like warhawk, but I feel that LBI put some real effort into this game and love it for what it is.

I despised it at launch for the one sided matches on who was quicker and the amount of exploits and ignored it until August, until I got back in again.

I remember begging for the closed beta codes too. Had to resort to making a facebook account again, lol.

There were some memorable moments in this game, especially the closed beta.

Your name seems oddly familiar. Not sure if you were the one to put up a large post of beta errors, but I've seen your name somewhere before around the forum. Otherwise, I wouldn't be as memorable.

You don't seem like the type to get in those early clan shitposting between BSK and T$. Both of which I hardly ever saw again after July.

It seemed the community eventually diminished to a small minority.

Qwell

Gggrrr, stupid newegg shipment says it won't be here until Monday the 26th. I'm seriously thinking of picking it up at Best Buy and returning the newegg one .... was hoping it would at least be here by Friday so I had the weekend to play. Newegg usually gets to me in 2 days and it shipped out yesterday.

Gadirok

Gggrrr, stupid newegg shipment says it won't be here until Monday the 26th. I'm seriously thinking of picking it up at Best Buy and returning the newegg one .... was hoping it would at least be here by Friday so I had the weekend to play. Newegg usually gets to me in 2 days and it shipped out yesterday.

Yeah, you should pick it up from best buy and give them back the newegg copy when it comes. Its the best option in your case.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Don't worry bro. I got a solution so you don't have to deal with a PS3.

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ca-en/home/

I've redeemed tons of codes through this site. Someone mentioned it to me back during the starhawk closed beta back when the codes were limited. It really helped out.

Man, am I going to be annoyed if the EBgames/Gamestop near my home doesn't have the preorder costumes when I come to pick them up. I hear bestbuy customers aren't getting them.

I took a look on the site, but I don't see any way to redeem the thing. Shame. It's not stopping me from enjoying the game, but still disappointing.

DigitalOp

Banned
PSY・S;44565412 said:
Nariko's lvl1 isn't great either. You need to distance yourself from the player so you aren't interrupted and running away makes it obvious that I'm trying to set it up.

Keep a close combat game, make it convincing then backroll and initiate...

The tactics in this game are partly mindblowing

Lothars

I took a look on the site, but I don't see any way to redeem the thing. Shame. It's not stopping me from enjoying the game, but still disappointing.
Log in to the site using your psn login than click on account and redeem Prepaid Card.

It should be a 12 digit number to redeem on the site.

DigitalOp

Banned
PSY・S;44566061 said:
Rolling doesn't give a great distance though, unless your oppentent is stunned then it's still easy to cancel it.

Hmm to be honest, I haven't played as Nariko yet, I don't know whats in her arsenal but I do trust that there is a perfect move to set up her Lvl 1

Vysetron

Neo Member
Log in to the site using your psn login than click on account and redeem Prepaid Card.

It should be a 12 digit number to redeem on the site.

That's the problem, it says I've already used it. Which I have! But I can't get the costumes on the vita.

Ran rp

Stock 1v1s are intense. Definitely my favorite.

QUOTE=DigitalOp;44566247]Hmm to be honest, I haven't played as Nariko yet, I don't know whats in her arsenal but I do trust that there is a perfect move to set up her Lvl 1[/QUOTE]

A throw against the wall or stun into a lvl 1 will probably work well.

Top Bottom