• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Also, they go and rip on two Coles. When there is so many duplicates in Smash Bros... people are so not consistent with comparisons.

Yeah, don't get the complaints about two Coles when Smash has featured Link and Young Link or Mario and Dr. Mario. Both Coles are fun to play as regardless.

evolution

I'm definitely interested in playing the game at some point, but holy crap the UI is incredibly ugly. I get that they're trying to go for a Playstation flavor, but man...

For the record, I'm not a huge fan of the Smash Bros UI either, but the UI in PS All Stars seems a lot uglier.

it's a small thing, though. I'm sure I won't notice it after playing for a while.
you wont even notice the UI when playing, it's the menus that needed more flair. Everything outside of gameplay is kinda bland

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Most people dislike the clones in Smash too, I don't see the complaint of two Coles to be a hypocritical statement. Like, pretty much everyone hated on the clones when Smash came out.

I think the main hate is based on the fact that Sucker Punch forced Superbot to use both of them, which makes Evil Cole's inclusion feel a bit like executive meddling as opposed to an annoying way to fill out the roster.

To be fair to Superbot, at least Cole and Evil Cole being clones of each other fits, like a throwback to Ryu and Ken (and likewise the only clone in Smash 64 was Mario and Luigi, who seemed to be a similar throwback)...it's not like Superbot included Tomba and copied Heihachi's moveset, like Nintendo did with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf.

I expect we'll probably see more "clone" characters in future PSA games, though. It's kind of an inevitable tradition for fighting games.

OSHAN

If anyone received their copy from Amazon could they do me an extra special favor and post the UPC code? Thank you in advance.

Whew. Been playing for a few hours, time for a break.

First, I have to agree with Man is Oblivious about Toro. I love Toro. After reading the guide, I realize why Omar and the other Superbot employee stayed with Justice Toro. He combos pretty well and his AP build is great. But of course, the strategy guide seems to be written from an FFA and 2 vs 2 point of view, so Torobi the Ninja is for speed and Oni Toro is covering a wide area and groups of enemies. However, Toro's supers are just bad. Toro's level 1 is easy to interrupt and avoid, and there's a trial using Toro where you have to avoid Toro's level 2. If you can avoid it in the dojo of all places, you can avoid it anywhere. It's early to say I know, but I truly feel like Toro won't be viable in 1 on 1, and he probably isn't all that great in 2 on 2 either.

I'm still loving Sackboy though. He's plain awesome in teams, as SlasherMcGirk found it today. =D

But yeah, Superbot...fix that dumb character switching glitch, and please let me use my arcade sticks. :(

prwxv3

jsrq1.jpg

haha

Whew. Been playing for a few hours, time for a break.

First, I have to agree with Man is Oblivious about Toro. I love Toro. After reading the guide, I realize why Omar and the other Superbot employee stayed with Justice Toro. He combos pretty well and his AP build is great. But of course, the strategy guide seems to be written from an FFA and 2 vs 2 point of view, so Torobi the Ninja is for speed and Oni Toro is covering a wide area and groups of enemies. However, Toro's supers are just bad. Toro's level 1 is easy to interrupt and avoid, and there's a trial using Toro where you have to avoid Toro's level 2. If you can avoid it in the dojo of all places, you can avoid it anywhere. It's early to say I know, but I truly feel like Toro won't be viable in 1 on 1, and he probably isn't all that great in 2 on 2 either.

I'm still loving Sackboy though. He's plain awesome in teams, as SlasherMcGirk found it today. =D

But yeah, Superbot...fix that dumb character switching glitch, and please let me use my arcade sticks. :(

I think you can use your arcade stick. There is an option for that in the Control settings

DirtyLary

Ughhh I need to get home and play this game again...

And my girlfriend is here for Thanksgiving break!

Ughhh sexy time or Playstation All Stars???

SEXY TIME or PLAYSTATION ALL STARS???

Sexy time while playing playstation all stars??

So we'll see you back in game in 2 minutes.

"It seems this has been fixed.

I had to go back into the PS Store, select PSASBR, and where it says "Choose a Version", I had to click on the drop down menu and there was an option to redownload the previous purchase or, more importantly, a second option to add the game back into my cart for free. I added another copy of the game to my cart for free, then proceeded through the checkout. The download files for both Vita and PS3 preorder bonsues were finally included and now show in my Download List."

PS Forums

(Perhaps put this in the OP? This only seems to work for US, not sure about EU-- at least according to the post I found on PS Forums)

I had to go back into the PS Store, select PSASBR, and where it says "Choose a Version", I had to click on the drop down menu and there was an option to redownload the previous purchase or, more importantly, a second option to add the game back into my cart for free. I added another copy of the game to my cart for free, then proceeded through the checkout. The download files for both Vita and PS3 preorder bonsues were finally included and now show in my Download List."

PS Forums

(Perhaps put this in the OP? This only seems to work for US, not sure about EU-- at least according to the post I found on PS Forums)

Thank You

Seriously? Your R2 button is working? I'm using my V3 SA and SFxT Tournament pro and neither of the super buttons are working. But in other games, they're fine.

AAK

Have you ever modded them before? Maybe check the control menu and make sure you haven't modified the default layout? Not sure what the problem is, but it works for me no issues.

Also, I think this is the first game ever to have no manual whatsoever in the box.

Have you ever modded them before? Maybe check the control menu and make sure you haven't modified the default layout? Not sure what the problem is, but it works for me no issues.

Also, I think this is the first game ever to have no manual whatsoever in the box.

My Hori one is dual modded, but my Mad Catz one isn't. Hmm. I'll try and mess around with it again later. I was using the default arcade stick layout and couldn't pull the supers off.

Noi

Arcade is such a slog to go through. Wouldn't even be bad if you didn't have 2-3 three minute matches at the very beginning where I can just land 2 supers and run for the rest of the match. Why aren't they all first to 3 like the last matches?

KevinCow

Banned
I really wish there was 1v1 matchmaking. The FFA stuff is fun, but not really the part I'd look at to practice being competitive.

Tiu Neo

PS Forums

Worked, thank you :)

Arcade is such a slog to go through. Wouldn't even be bad if you didn't have 2-3 three minute matches at the very beginning where I can just land 2 supers and run for the rest of the match. Why aren't they all first to 3 like the last matches?

Yea I'm really amazed by the Arcade mode... why even bother at that point. It was worth it for Little Sister and Sackboy interactions though, hehe. Also Jak and Daxter making fun of Ratchet
A lot of people use Raiden, I don't really see any character getting over used yet.

This game should be more balanced like Smash Bros! Because every Smash character was great and equal! Nobody only used MetaKnight/Link/Marth. This game is much more balanced I find

B-Dex

Your PS3 is probably over-heating. I've had the problem in the past w/ every game I played

Yea I also like how if you use Big-Daddies level 3 on the Twisted Metal level, the cars float in the background. Hehe

No because it's only this game that crashes. As well as having black loading screens with nothing to indicate the game is loading. Then the credits list tons of TRC testers.....

Ohnonono

It said I couldn't download my pre order costumes on the vita ( I bought retail from GameStop and got a code). I downloaded the 100k file on my ps3 but I don't seem to have access to them. To clarify I only bought retail vita version.

KevinCow

Banned
I love Big Daddy, but I'm really bad at landing his supers. I especially need more practice controlling him in his level 2 rage state.

PS Forums

Does with work with newer purchases?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I pretty much laughed at the assertation about the presentation. I'm going to have to concede this point. It does leave much to be desired.

Hato-kun

Oh man I cannot wait to sink my teeth into this. Didn't get to play any of the beta so my only exposure to this has been a few trailers and GAF.

I won't be able to play for another whole day though. Fuck you New Zealand.

EDIT: Any NZ'ers playing btw? It'd be cool to try and play with locals.

It said I couldn't download my pre order costumes on the vita ( I bought retail from GameStop and got a code). I downloaded the 100k file on my ps3 but I don't seem to have access to them. To clarify I only bought retail vita version.

Same here. What the eff. I'll call sony tmrw and see if it's fixed. I guess. And tweet Morgan.

edit: and post on the blog too. I want my damn code.

Top Bottom