• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

JCX

Final boss made me lol
I missed the fighting polygon team

Lots of fun so far. Fat Princess making a strong case for my main.

Select your character

Searching....
Opponents found... connecting
Searching....
Searching....

ERROR
Select your character

Searching....
Searching....
Searching....

Great game, Superbot.
Hey, it's your router sadly. Mine has the same goddam problem, sometimes I can get into a game though. But plug your PS3 directly into your modem and try it, if it works every time then it's your router (it's probably old like mine).

But I find if I plug it directly into modem and then auto-configure the settings on my PS3, play some games, then plug it back into my router it would work from then on. Worked well for the Beta, havent tried it yet for the retail.

So what's everybody's least favourite/most favourite stage?

Most Favourite:

-The blank training stage (great for straight up 1v1)
-Paris
-Hades

Least Favourite:

-Probably Black Rock stadium. Way too much going on, zooms out too much, and is overall too dark.

Yea Black Rock Stadium is really ugly as well. And Loco Roco is my favorite and least favorite. It's great at the start, but then when it transforms and everything starts to move way too much it gets annoying.

But I like Slys a lot and Resistance. Also the cargo plane.

Synless

How do you get the Vita version to recognize your PS3 save? I have uploaded that save to the cloud and everything.

Also, my preorder costumes don't carry over to the vita version either? Wtf?

KalBalboa

Banned
How do you get the Vita version to recognize your PS3 save? I have uploaded that save to the cloud and everything.

When on your Vita, just log into the PSN. Go online by tapping the top right of the screen and when it has you log in your save should automatically load. That's how I think it works, anyway.

Also, I dig Black Rock. It and the Killzone stage do a good job segmenting 4 players into 2 v 2 pretty well. I also like the deep black levels of the Twisted Metal stage- the Vita version of that level is really rich looking.

AdamMPSP

Man, so there are two sets of trophies for Vita and PS3, and your levels/unlocks carry between but the trophies don't? Not sure how I feel about that.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm a little annoyed that they "nerfed" one of Ratchet's most effective combos. At the LA Beatdown, it came in very handy.

Basically, it was neutral Square, Square, Square, Up Square, Up Triangle. It was a five hit combo that gained some really good AP.

Now, though, the Square Square Square will knock the opponent into that invulnerable state, and you can't follow up with the whip attack, then the diagonal blast. It's a little tweak, but I miss it. I'm still playing around with Ratchet, but he's not as easy to use anymore as he was at the event. Good Cole, on the other hand, is really, really good. At first I wasn't sure, but doing his combo tutorials, and playing through his arcade mode has made him one of my most effective characters.

Stages I like:

Invasion: Great stage, visually, game design wise, musical score, mash up, it's so much fun to fight on.

Franzea: For the same reasons. I actually like the MGS mash up, but what I enjoy the most is how dynamic it is. I love how the shifting nature of the stage can tip the balance of advantage depending on your opponent. Some characters do really well in certain stage set ups.

Resistance 2: I just really like how it looks, and how straight forward it is.

Paris: Same as above. I also like the larger size of the map.

Dojo: Straight forward stage. I like it.

Least favorite:

Dreamscape: I just think it's a bit too busy sometimes. Not the best stage for my chosen characters to really shine (Cole and Ratchet)

Metropolis: It's probably because of the beta, but I'm just not big into this stage anymore. I like the flat sections, but when it starts to mash up, I don't care too much for it.

And that's about it. I still have yet to play on Alden's Tower. Lol. The other stages I enjoy as well.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
That is a nice touch.

I'm still amazed at how clean it looks on the Vita. It runs incredibly smooth. I've yet to play online, and I probably won't for a while (well, until the tournament starts, of course). I like to go at my own pace.

sephi22

Hey, it's your router sadly. Mine has the same goddam problem, sometimes I can get into a game though. But plug your PS3 directly into your modem and try it, if it works every time then it's your router (it's probably old like mine).

But I find if I plug it directly into modem and then auto-configure the settings on my PS3, play some games, then plug it back into my router it would work from then on. Worked well for the Beta, havent tried it yet for the retail. .
FUUUUU

I knew my NAT Type 2 will screw me over some day.
I'm really a noob when it comes to routers and modems. :(
I need my PPPoe iD and password to make my ps3 connect to the internet through my modem, and I don't have it.

Thanks for the response. I'll contact my ISP and see what I can do

A_Rival

Wow.

This last match I played, the computer though the opposing Raiden was dead, so it stopped rendering the character.

Basically... my opponent turned invisible for the rest of the round.

Amazing. :-/

Seventy5

That is a nice touch.

I'm still amazed at how clean it looks on the Vita. It runs incredibly smooth. I've yet to play online, and I probably won't for a while (well, until the tournament starts, of course). I like to go at my own pace.
I just spent a week with Declassified, so this looks omgwow to me on vita. I'm surprised how smooth it is, and it plays amazingly well. Bluepoint did a great job. This game is awesome btw. Didn't think I would dig it since I never cared for smash bros, but I guess I'm pretty hooked on this.

OmegaZero

How much content will I be getting for my $40 if I buy this?
And I get that the combat system is fairly deep, but what about the roster balance?

Noi

How much content will I be getting for my $40 if I buy this?
And I get that the combat system is fairly deep, but what about the roster balance?

Content-wise, think Marvel 3 with character customization. As for character balance, it's hard to say cause the game's only been out for a day.

Content-wise, think Marvel 3 with character customization. As for character balance, it's hard to say cause the game's only been out for a day.
That said SB has told us they intend to keep balancing it. They can change AP gain and super AP costs in real time and they gather info from all games. That said stuff like stuns and such propably neef a patch.

OmegaZero

Sounds good.

That said SB has told us they intend to keep balancing it. They can change AP gain and super AP costs in real time and they gather info from all games. That said stuff like stuns and such propably neef a patch.

Sounds even better.
I guess I'm in.
After I clear up my Vita backlog a little bit.

Nakiro

I got the game digital and still can't find the costumes, people say it's in the store but it eludes me, perhaps because I'm in Canada? I did pre-order so I should be getting them.

Kurod

Banned
Ranked seems a bit off as far as placing opponents. More than once I got put against this guy with an almost rank 500 Parappa. I was a green belt and he had something that looked like it came from the WWE.

baekshi

Banned
did anyone else find themselves with another character when you actually picked another character?

at first i was like, did i really picked big daddy? but then i knew it i hadn't as the ranked of character i had picked stayed the same.

everyone else also had big daddy, it was just a weird match........

Noi

Ranked seems a bit off as far as placing opponents. More than once I got put against this guy with an almost rank 500 Parappa. I was a green belt and he had something that looked like it came from the WWE.

I was afraid of that the moment they announced how the "ranks" worked. :/

did anyone else find themselves with another character when you actually picked another character?

at first i was like, did i really picked big daddy? but then i knew it i hadn't as the ranked of character i had picked stayed the same.

everyone else also had big daddy, it was just a weird match........

A common bug that seems to not have been fixed since the crossplay beta. It's pretty frustrating.

Just spent a few hours breaking All-Stars in with a few friends. We all got really into it; it honestly is fun. Stock is so much more fun than those damn three-minute timed matches, and the game is completely different when it's 1v1. If they add the right characters via DLC, this could be AMAZING.

I seem to be doing pretty well with Drake, and I enjoy using him. I might main him.

Tagg9

Was able to finally play for an hour this evening. Loving it! Played a few matches online and always got matched up against Raidens and Nathans haha.

Spike is actually my favorite so far - he's kinda slow but has a pretty diverse moveset. I think I play best as either Kratos or Raiden, but I'd prefer to get better as one of the more niche characters.

How do you sign up for the 2v2 tournament?

Try posting in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=44490917

Synless

I played a few matches against Drake and I gotta say, what a unique set of moves that man has. I feel like I need to learn him because of how ridiculous he is.

KevinCow

Banned
Oh man, I just played a round as Heihachi during a 1v1 match with a friend and I LOOOOVE him.

I keep forgetting that he's even in the game. He's just the least interesting character in the game to me, by far.

The game's full of dudes with crazy weapons and gadgets and abilities. Jak and Ratchet and Radec and Drake have like a gajillion guns, Dante and Raiden and Kratos and Nariko can do all sorts of crazy combos with their swords, Spike has all sorts of wacky gadgets, Big Daddy is a giant metal monster with a drill for a hand...

...And Heihachi? He punches and kicks! Oh, and he can throw bowling pins.

How do you sign up for the 2v2 tournament?

Say, "I want to sign up for the 2v2 tournament."

AdamMPSP

Didn't get to play too much tonight, but went through the story modes for Drake and Sackboy. Dig them both. I really just love the charm of this very human character I've watched in all the Uncharted games getting super pissed at a raccoon. I only wish the story was a little more in-depth with a wacky reason why they were all pulled together. I know it's cliched, but I'd love to see the characters reacting to it, instead of this just sort of being a part of their day-to-day.

Siaynoqq

The critical question: joystick or d-pad? I find the joystick more precise for air attacks/combos, but my natural instinct from being a pad SF plater is to use the d-pad, so I find myself switching off between the two.

Damn man, since I got ports opened properly for my Vita and started doing rank matches, I've been totally addicted. Thought I'd play a few matches, ended up playing for hours (and still going).

Love it on Vita, too.

Vita visual is insane, its super sharp and clean, and play so smooth too. Some of the level intro make me wish there are vita games for their rapective ip in this image quality, and new loco roco.I hope sub hd 1st gen vita game is just developer rushing game and learning vita. I hope our next vita game will have be sub native and be this clean. Holy shit.

Kurod

Banned
Heihachi is a lot of fun. I think I got the fastest input timing for his electric wind god fist move down but I still muck it up every now and then. Still haven't been able to break 90 ap without charging his down circle move though. My main beef with him is his poor supers. I'll keep at him and hopefully something will just click.

Edit: Okay got 130ap combo by air throwing a bowling pin into a foward square-EWGF-EWGF-up triangle-triangle

TripOpt55

I have only really tried Jak and Nariko. Jak (he's my favorite video game character) is a bit tough for me to use. I think I just need more practice. But his moves are very cool. Nariko came a bit easier. Probably being more melee focused coming a bit more natural for comboing. I am having a blast so far with this game though. Very fun.

Quick

Banned
So, Raiden's level 1 super doesn't work against Sackboy. Either that's intentional or it's a bug.

Just wanted to add, as well: PSABR is probably one of the best-looking games on the Vita. Holy crap.

KevinCow

Banned
I have only really tried Jak and Nariko. Jak (he's my favorite video game character) is a bit tough for me to use. I think I just need more practice. But his moves are very cool. Nariko came a bit easier. Probably being more melee focused coming a bit more natural for comboing. I am having a blast so far with this game though. Very fun.

I'm a bit disappointed that Jak didn't really click with me. I love his games, but he's definitely not my preferred playstyle, and his supers are hard to land.

okay. this is fucking ridiculous. Somebody go to arcade,use drake, All star difficulty and beat this POS sly. Then tell me what you did. im so pissed off right now. THIS ASSHOLE TELEPORTS EVERY SECOND AND STEALS YOUR AP AND IF HES NOT TELEPORTING HES DOING A COUNTER! Hes fucking untouchable. Fuck this.

TripOpt55

I'm a bit disappointed that Jak didn't really click with me. I love his games, but he's definitely not my preferred playstyle, and his supers are hard to land.

I would really like him to be my go-to guy, but like you, I am not sure he is a good fit for me. I need to try him some more and of course try some more other characters to see who I like the most. Playing with Jak really made me want a new Jak game even more though!

TheMink

So, Raiden's level 1 super doesn't work against Sackboy. Either that's intentional or it's a bug.

Just wanted to add, as well: PSABR is probably one of the best-looking games on the Vita. Holy crap.

You can hiit confirm sackboy from air down triangle. Or so i i think.

Noi

Huh? I'm using it against him right now and it hits even while crouching.

Sid

Vita visual is insane, its super sharp and clean, and play so smooth too. Some of the level intro make me wish there are vita games for their rapective ip in this image quality, and new loco roco.I hope sub hd 1st gen vita game is just developer rushing game and learning vita. I hope our next vita game will have be sub native and be this clean. Holy shit.
This game is sub native on the vita?

I haven't had any problems connecting to games but I do run into the occasional problem of not respawning right away after I died.

Exact opposite. Takes couple of seconds to find.

Seems like you're the only one with this problem.

Works for me just fine, you know just maybe its your internet connection.

So i assume connecting online is no issue? That was the most annoying thing about the beta and I was hoping it wouldn't carry over. How is the online in general? Is it barebones? Any impressions would be appreciated.

Top Bottom