• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Hit Level 200 as Spike, figure thats as good a point as any to retire him and move on to someone new. Wish his supers were a little better, but I guess thats just how his character was designed.

Looking at Toro and Sackboy right now as my next character. I like Sir Dan, but his Level 1 is really annoying to pull off, and while Parappa is cool, I played 40+ hours of Parappa in the betas, so I think I'm passing on him too.

I guess Raiden is the new Kratos?

i hate kratos and love raiden. so nooooo

Cole is the first character I've played. I like the ice shard he makes and the level 3(?) Super he has when he creates the tornado. I'm going to master him before moving on to anyone else.

Grisby

2 things:

1)Errr pushing the front touchscreen on the Vita to pick up weapons doesn't seem top work in the tutorial at all. What's up with that?

2)I used the DLC costume pack code I got from GS but it says I can't DL using a vita system?

KevinCow

Banned
Holy crap, you guys weren't kidding, these credits are ridiculously long.

I'm trying to get to the voices to see who did Nariko. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Anna Torv.

Edit: Jennifer Hale. Really? They could get Stephen Fry but not Anna Torv?

Mik_Pad

Banned
Finally got to play, I finished arcade mode with E. Cole got to lvl 20 in my first run, I love the ton of content you unlock!! Is surreal to play with all these characters for the first time after only seeing them being played. Im happy!

A_Rival

@Maximillian ranked matches had lots of trouble, and when I finally did manage to connect, I was disappointed that ranked matches were FFAs.

What happened to the 1v1 mode again? #kappa.

-A

sephi22

Anyone facing problems matchmaking?

I get this each time i search (eu version)
"Failed to connect all clients
Error code: 02F3-0102"

Stock matches are intense. Great games time effect, Jstein, and psy. Really great games. My thumbs are actually a little sore lol.

Also I apologize if my Toro is a little cheap, I try to mix it up the best I can.

Stock matches are intense. Great games time effect, Jstein, and psy. Really great games. My thumbs are actually a little sore lol.

I lost ALL OF THEM! Lol. First eliminated EVERY single time. My Drake isn't doing it, my Heihachi can't touch you, and I was trying to hard to get to Super 3 with Sweet Tooth before I realized I was screwed.

You guys are so solid. JStein is untouchable as Sackboy.

I wanted to keep going but JStein quit >_<

We will do this again.

SUPARSTARX

Heihachi's level 1 is real good for 2v2. Loving this character so far.

His counter is so good, you can get free spinning demon uppercut and Level 1 supers off knocked down characters.

I parried two mashing Raiden and Kratos and nailed both with level 1 a few times tonight lol.

So what's everybody's least favourite/most favourite stage?

Most Favourite:

-The blank training stage (great for straight up 1v1)
-Paris
-Hades

Least Favourite:

-Probably Black Rock stadium. Way too much going on, zooms out too much, and is overall too dark.

sephi22

Select your character

Searching....
Opponents found... connecting
Searching....
Searching....

ERROR
Select your character

Searching....
Searching....
Searching....

Great game, Superbot.

baekshi

Banned
Select your character

Searching....
Searching....
Searching....

ERROR
Select your character

Searching....
Searching....
Searching....

Great game, Superbot.
Exact opposite. Takes couple of seconds to find.

Select your character

Searching....
Searching....
Searching....

ERROR
Select your character

Searching....
Searching....
Searching....

Great game, Superbot.

Seems like you're the only one with this problem.

A.E Suggs

Select your character

Searching....
Searching....
Searching....

ERROR
Select your character

Searching....
Searching....
Searching....

Great game, Superbot.

Works for me just fine, you know just maybe its your internet connection.

did we ever find out how to get our pre-order costumes?

I got mines from a forum post on the official forums.

It said go to game page and add the free download to cart, and go checkout and when you get to the download list you'll see the preorder costumes for download along with the games.

Picked this up a few hours ago and spent those few hours when I got home playing... time flew apparently, because this game is incredibly fun. Nariko is absolutely amazing and very, very fun to play.

My brother bought it over PSN as a pre-order and he is loving it too. He isn't the biggest fan of fighting games, yet he loves the technical side to the game. We had some very, very fun games; including an awesome end to a crazy game where as Spike, I got off my level 3 super with 0:00 left on the clock and jumped up in excitement as I thought I won... but I died one too many times and lost to my brother, who was behind me in kills but had less deaths.

That was pretty fun.

So what's everybody's least favourite/most favourite stage?

Most Favourite:

-The blank training stage (great for straight up 1v1)
-Paris
-Hades

Least Favourite:

-Probably Black Rock stadium. Way too much going on, zooms out too much, and is overall too dark.

Favorite Stages:

INVASION - So much win on this stage. The music, both parts of the stage are great, the Mash Up is awesome, it's just a lot of fun.

San Fransico - Fairly straight forward stage layout, but the music and mash up and hazards are excellent.

Columbia - The music here is sooooo excellent. The the platform in the middle with two stair cases come off it seems like such a simple thing but it cleverly makes the map a lot more challenging at the center.

Franzea - I just love the look of it, and the way it constantly evolves it awesome. Also pockets get created and some interesting things can happen.

Least Favorite

Alden's Tower - The climbing part is fine but it makes it hard for characters like Toro that have to work for their meter to get meter. Music is excellent in the beginning.

Black Rock Stadium - for all the reasons you stated

Metropolis - It isn't bad per say but it has too much going on and the stage hazards are kind of annoying, which can be either a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. Music isn't that memorable either.

Sorry but how do you activate the vita version?

Make sure PS3 is at 4.31 firmware. You have to download that firmware. Then you will be able to access the disc benefits Icon just beneath the disc icon for the actual game on the XMB. Download it to the PS3 then transfer to Vita.

8byte

Banned
Has anyone claimed this avatar yet?

sKpIp.png

Edit: Whoops, looks like someone has. Never mind!

Noi

I hate that Raiden doesn't have to commit to a direction from just mashing square. You can pre-empt it and dodge to the other side but the player can just keep mashing in the right direction and he'll keep going.

I hate throwing around words like OP on day one, but Raiden seems stupid easy to use compared to most of the other roster. Especially considering how most characters have varying degrees of utility on their supers but Raiden's are all 100% good. Hell, he might just have the best level 1 in the game.

KevinCow

Banned
Anyone else find Spike and Sackboy really hard to use? As opposed to say, Raiden or Dante?

I haven't tried those specific characters, but there are definitely some characters who feel totally natural when I play them, and other characters who feel like I'm controlling the game with my elbows. I tried messing around with Toro in training for a bit and didn't know what the fuck.

Kurod

Banned
Damn, I wish Heihachi didn't suck so much. His level one has too long of a windup and too short of range. His level 2 is AI controlled and easy as dirt to avoid. Ugh.

I hate that Raiden doesn't have to commit to a direction from just mashing square. You can pre-empt it and dodge to the other side but the player can just keep mashing in the right direction and he'll keep going.

I hate throwing around words like OP on day one, but Raiden seems stupid easy to use compared to most of the other roster. Especially considering how most characters have varying degrees of utility on their supers but Raiden's are all 100% good. Hell, he might just have the best level 1 in the game.

he does have a dive kick

edit

Also its normal for some characters to be naturally hard to play as. Look at any other fighting game. Kabal is one of the hardest characters to play but he is the best. There will always be derpy "easy" characters (ryu, wolverine, wesker, mitsuru, chie, and the list goes on)

I hate throwing around words like OP on day one, but Raiden seems stupid easy to use compared to most of the other roster. Especially considering how most characters have varying degrees of utility on their supers but Raiden's are all 100% good.

Kratos is the same way. Not sure if it is fixable though, unless they can some how make changing directions during a combo act as a cancel with some recovery time.

I haven't tried those specific characters, but there are definitely some characters who feel totally natural when I play them, and other characters who feel like I'm controlling the game with my elbows. I tried messing around with Toro in training for a bit and didn't know what the fuck.

Toro for sure takes some time. You kind of need to commit to him. He has some great combo capability and has some awesome projectile use. Expect a write up soon.

has anyone had an issue when playing online where you pick a character on the select screen and then when the game starts the game gives you a different character? really fucking annoying!

Ploid 3.0

Mine was like that, turned out my console IP changed or someone changed the DMZ on my router. I put the console back in DMZ. It still happens but less often.

Only thing I want Superbot to do for the next game if they make it is like everyone else said make a game that FEELS amazing outside of gameplay also. Little things like the font used, main menu and sound effects are what brings the game alive. I wish they used each game's font when choosing the level and had a nice sound effect for going through the menu.

Also the sound effects are still not as good as I wanted them to be. They lack this "punch" so to speak.

KalBalboa

Banned
Finally got to play, I finished arcade mode with E. Cole got to lvl 20 in my first run, I love the ton of content you unlock!! Is surreal to play with all these characters for the first time after only seeing them being played. Im happy!

I finished arcade with Sweet Tooth earlier. It was good playing some 2 v 2 earlier with you- that kid playing as Spike really stepped his game up in the last minute!

Noi

Just noticed there are more icons from classic DMC than there are for DmC in the unlockables, including Trish, Sparda, Lady, Lucia, DMC3 Vergil, DMC1 Dante, Nero and DMC4 Dante. Dino am cry.

Also wow, the Metal Gear icons are horrible.

Top Bottom