• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Lord Phol

She has good taste. My family was pretty much like that too. My mother loved Castlevania: SotN, while my father was more of a PC gamer, specially CRPGs and adventure games. They shaped the gamer I am today :D

Nowdays, all she plays are puzzle games and the ocasional plataformer or metrovania, but is very good at them. My father still plays a lot of things.

That's awesome! The world needs more video game families, now if only I could teach my cat how to properly do a Toro combo :d.

I have to say I'm thinking a lot about how they could improve the sequel. I hope Superbot are too. Probably too early to get into that though. Let's just hope it does well

Dawg

What's wrong with Sir Daniel's Level 1 on Vita? You're supposed to aim I guess, but he always shoots in to the air. I've made quite a few misses this way.

Sorry to those who I was playing with last night before I had to go. My mother became suddenly ill, and I needed to go and see her right away. She's fine now, but once again; I'm sorry to Man-is-Obsolete and PSY•Y for disconnecting without finishing our game. :(

^^^^^^^^^ It's all good man, family first. Was a good time though.

is it just me... or are there no stock/kill modes in ranked?

You can still match make a Stock Match or Kill Limit match, however, under the Quick Match option. I guess for ranked they wanted to simplify how the seasons work. You gain RP no matter what mode you are in, but ranked affects your Belt status (online rank).

Lord Phol

Yup. FFA 3 minute time limit only. It's what potatoman was complaining about earlier.

That's a bit unfortunate, let's see how superbot handles this. With the amazing netcode in this game they really should have fleshed out the online options more. Usually it's the other way around.

Dawg

You don't aim. Dan's level 1 is him shooting the bolt diagonally.

Well...that's pretty shitty, no? I've had opponents really close to me that still avoided his Level 1 Super. I'm guessing it's a good super for enemies in the air, but still...it feels harder than other supers.

The game... has arrived.

Silly gamestop didn't even inform with a text I could come pick it up zzz. Now to go get it!

Everyone who hasn't needs to add Napalmfrank on PSN. I mean its n n not like I WANT more friends. I just NEED them. Baka.

Tiu Neo

This game has a funny way of making you play as other characters. Random match, I choose a character. The game starts... And my character is changed to Dante. There are other two Dantes on the same match, and one Drake. Someone even said "oh, why Dante?". Tought that was funny.

Lord Phol

Btw do you people use headphones/mics or anything? I haven't done much online gaming on my ps3 so not sure what the norm is :d.

Think I'm going to pick this up today. I've been on the fence about it and still kinda am, but I can't resist. Plus I'm picking my girlfriend up a Vita for Christmas so it'll be a great game to try out the cross-play stuff.

Lord Phol

This game has a funny way of making you play as other characters. Random match, I choose a character. The game starts... And my character is changed to Dante. There are other two Dantes on the same match, and one Drake. Someone even said "oh, why Dante?". Tought that was funny.

I get that it's an annoying bug (which hopefully will be adressed) but those situations sound kind of comical xD.

Tiu Neo

Btw do you people use headphones/mics or anything? I haven't done much online gaming on my ps3 so not sure what the norm is :d.

Some random people use them, but I think most don't.

I had a headset and didn't use it too much, only to play with friends, before it broke.

Tiu Neo

Wow, I checked now, and just need a few Arcade Mode trophies for the platinum. Pretty easy, strange for a fighting game. I'll try to get it today. Too bad more than half of the arcade mode are those 3 minute battles :(

we just finished our game. :( im gonna play black ops for a bit. :) ill be on in 30mins or so again. :) whats your psn Obsolete?

good game Smith! Damn, AP Overtime sure is intense.

All good trying to hook up with ssreborn right now. PSN is the same as here.

Please put a note telling me who you are, I got precious little room on my friends list.

So trophies between the 2 games are not sync'd? Like if I beat Spike's arcade on my vita I need to do it on my PS3 again to get the trophy?

Ohnonono

Any news on the Pre-Order costumes for the Vita? Still says I cant download the unlock key via the Vita and DLing it on my PS3 didn't change anything. This is the retail Vita release with a code from the Gamestop receipt. The code essentially gave me access to something I couldn't download on my Vita.

Tiu Neo

So trophies between the 2 games are not sync'd? Like if I beat Spike's arcade on my vita I need to do it on my PS3 again to get the trophy?

Yes. But, to tell the truth, the game is so good and the trophies are so easy, I really don't care if I have to get them twice. The bad part is that I'll have to beat the game with Sir Daniel twice. Ugh.

Gon take few hours tho cause I need to do a lil trip to capital where the nearest gamestop is. Damn preorder costumes :lol.

Added you too :D

Any news on the Pre-Order costumes for the Vita? Still says I cant download the unlock key via the Vita and DLing it on my PS3 didn't change anything. This is the retail Vita release with a code from the Gamestop receipt. The code essentially gave me access to something I couldn't download on my Vita.

is the game's region the same as your vita psn account? for example, if you bought retail asian region of the game, the code can't be used in US psn store.

edi: nevermind, you mention gamestop, so I assume both retail game and your vita is the same account, then I don't know what to do, maybe talk to gamestop that their code is not working?

DSGamer

Neo Member
I really hate PSN sometimes. I bought the digital pre-order and I'm away from home. Yet I can't download the Vita cross buy version.

Ohnonono

is the game's region the same as your vita psn account? for example, if you bought retail asian region of the game, the code can't be used in US psn store.

edi: nevermind, you mention gamestop, so I assume both retail game and your vita is the same account, then I don't know what to do, maybe talk to gamestop that their code is not working?

Just read on superbots twitter that they are having all sorts of DLC costume issues and PSN is looking into them. I think all of the costume codes given at retail were for the PS3 DLC costumes. I think the assumption was that they would work for both versions and somehow that got bugged. Hopefully they fix it up soon.

Holy Shit this game is fun! I like it very much so far and the game looks fantastic on the Vita at the screens native resolution. Played a few ad-hoc matches with three other buddies of mine on our Vitas and we all had a blast.

softie

Pre-loaded it two days before on my PS3 and my Vita, the game was activated exactly at 00:00 and I could play it instantly. Online is still smooth. Very cool.^^

Game is awesome and I really love the feel of it. Pretty great value for 50€.

Gonna play the shit out of it tomorrow with 3 friends locally. :-D

Top Bottom