• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Hmmm... So who's doing pretty good overall around this thread??

I wanna face yall!!!, whether is be FFA or 2v2.. Let's get DigitalOp in the game. Ill be playing all week and this weekend so you can catch me whenever

Add me on PSN, DigitalOp

Damn I wish I had a Vita, Damn damn

I can't wait till the Scrafty Cup begins, Its gonna be intense

There are quite a few people I have played with that are really good.

Psy - has a mean Nariko and will cross you up in a combo easily

Smithnco - is really good with Nathan Drake. Also great at moving around and using the whole stage.

Napalm Frank - Relentless with Parappa, dog will bite

Time Effect - Understands the fundamentals of the game perhaps better than anyone. He is great at avoiding getting killed, so even when he isn't racking up kills he is keeping himself from getting killed and hit even. Also has a really good Sackboy.

Jstien - This guy is a terror with Sackboy. Absolute nightmare. Once played a 2 v 2 with him and he got 2 level 3 supers in a 3 minute match. Very good evil cole as well.

As for me I like to annoy the crap out of people with Toro. I have surprising grown to love the little guy. Also I really enjoy Fat Princess a lot as well.

DigitalOp

Banned

Smithnco - is really good with Nathan Drake. Also great at moving around and using the whole stage.

Time Effect - Understands the fundamentals of the game perhaps better than anyone. He is great at avoiding getting killed, so even when he isn't racking up kills he is keeping himself from getting killed and hit even. Also has a really good Sackboy.

Jstien - This guy is a terror with Sackboy. Absolute nightmare. Once played a 2 v 2 with him and he got 2 level 3 supers in a 3 minute match. Very good evil cole as well.

As for me I like to annoy the crap out of people with Toro. I have surprising grown to love the little guy. Also I really enjoy Fat Princess a lot as well.

Amazing. You all sound like formidable foes! I eagerly await to challenge all of you and increase my skills in the process. Please add me on PSN, I own and play other games too ya know!! lol

What about you Man-is-Obselete?? What do you specialize in??? :p <--- EDIT : Reading is fundamental lol

Fun Fact: I actually beat PSY in a random FFA on Aldens Tower during launch night while playing as Parappa. Of course this has nothing to do with PSYs skills. He's an awesome ass Nariko player and he's gonna be trouble in the Scrafty Cup :O!!!!!!

DigitalOp

Banned
did i miss something or can i play PSABR with my vita against someone on my ps3 in the same living room?

Yes. Its possible but you might only be able to do 2v2....

Im not sure if you can use the same PSN account as your Vita but if you make a new PSN account for your PS3, log into that and party up with your Vita in the regular online game mode

Now you're rocking splitscreen coop Wii U style!!!

Nariko has crossups? I was messing around and the only crossup I know is down circle...which is predictable as shit. Huge startup frames and only active when she hits the floor.

Nakiro

Nariko has crossups? I was messing around and the only crossup I know is down circle...which is predictable as shit. Huge startup frames and only active when she hits the floor.
I don't actually know how she plays.. her moves never connect for me and I don't get what the yellow circle around her feet means.

LOL. awe im flattered. But the stock matches we had was me simply getting outdone. u guys wrecked the hell out of me and i just wasnt thinking about everyone at the same time.

Im also too all over the place out of excitement when it comes to characters. i shud really stick with one or two. I havent touched half the guys im interested in.

I want to try more 1v1. God I love 1v1

Also, Im a huge Power Stone fan for alp these years. I think All Stars is going to topple the 12 year reign PS2 had on me as my favourite party game

I don't actually know how she plays.. her moves never connect for me and I don't get what the yellow circle around her feet means.

I think shes "ok". Nothing amazing cheap about her, nothing abusive. She has just a decent overall kit.

Her level 1 super in 1v1 is so bad, but its really strong in ffa.

branny

I just got my copy, and the game is fun as expected. But it's also kind of glitchy.

First, my PS3 ver. froze after the tutorial was completed.

After that, I was in practice mode on Vita and used Raiden's Lv. 2 on a Fat Princess AI during her Lv. 2, and she has remained in chicken mode ever since.

It also kind of made a case for a few more invincibility frames after respawning because there was a pit in the map (the large, white training stage) where characters would be caught in an insta-kill loop without being able to do a single thing.

Zephyrus

Banned
finally.

I have it. Man this game is good.

I can't understand those reviews...

Nariko was the first character I used in arcade mode. Second was Jak.

Like them both. I have a 55 AP combo with Jak. Having trouble founding a good way to connect after the third punch.

You usually don't... if you want to kill multiple people you go for his level 2.
Yeah, I know. Sorry about that, I'm going through his trials and I can't complete the one where you have to kill multiple enemies with his Level 1. It's the only trial giving me a headache. I've been on it for about an hour.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU KILL MULTIPLE ENEMIES WITH PARAPPA'S LEVEL ONE I HATE THIS SUPER GOD DAMN IT

Think of his Lvl 1 as Guile's flashkick. It hits a little bit ahead and forward. You can combo off of a wall bounce.

edit; oh a trial, that is tricky. I haven't done that one yet.

Just realized you are on my friends list Spindashing. MEET ME SOMEWHERE (to play 2v2)

Ugh, guess I should heed those Vita low battery warnings better. Was just about to see Ratchet's Arcade mode ending when my Vita auto shut down...

Ah who cares, I love this game! I was also initially upset that the Trophies didn't auto sync between the two versions, but I'm actually enjoying getting them again.

Grisby

Called my GS about the Vita preorder bonus costume fiasco and they said to call Sony support.

:/

Well, the game itself is alright and the stages look great. I'm maining Nariko and it's great just to see her in a game again. Solo play is pretty boring but MP shines.

Kurod

Banned
Okay, have digital preorder people gotten costumes yet? It's not on my PS3 or regular email.
Yeah I got mine. You gotta go back in the store and add the game to your cart. After confirming your purchase for 0.00 dollars they will be in the list of items to download.

This games netcode can be amazing or absolute ass. The beta was so smooth. I hope they fix this because pointless deaths are getting annoying as hell.

WHEN THE HELL DID RADEC GET A SHOTGUN!?

He has a great anti aerial move up with up triangle. What did that replace? :S

Also, REMEMBER TO AIR DODGE! So effective.

KevinCow

Banned
God dammit, I built up a level 3 with Big Daddy on the Jak & Daxter stage, and everyone just swam off-screen to the top so I couldn't kill them. Fucking bullshit.

Ran rp

Just had a crazy 1v1 against another skilled Nariko player. They almost got me.

God dammit, I built up a level 3 with Big Daddy on the Jak & Daxter stage, and everyone just swam off-screen to the top so I couldn't kill them. Fucking bullshit.

Hahahhahahhaha omg. That's terrible. Hilarious, but terrible.

Haha, that was with me, you shouldnt have gone for me, man :p I knew you'd fall to the bottom. That stage is the ultimate troll stage

Big Daddy's super 3 music is so sad

-Rematch option added to end screen (rematches available up to 3 times to limi boosting potential)
-Option to invite friends to games hosted by other players (I want to invite people when I'm not host, or allow friends to invite their friends to my hosted game)
-1v1 Matchmaking (make it timed, and in fact, if they are worried about rank boosting, just remove ranking up, people just want to have fun)
-Local Second player account sign in (even Black Ops II has this now)
-Ability to choose losing outros? (unless you already can)
-Add a timed option on top of stock/kill limit (this also alleviates the glitch where if a person drops out during the loading screen, the game never ends for one side because the game assumes the dropped player is in the game-- therefore their score can never be depleted in stock)
-Make the player score glow in Stock/Kill Limit as it can be hard to look down at the HUD for a quick glance (just outline the home screen score)
-It's STILL possible to lose track of characters. REMOVE the enemy Player indicator for enemies (unless they are far away maybe, like in Black Rock)
-Team mates really should have a different shade of the team colour for player indicators to continue with the clarity of distinction
-Option to choose which background you want to use

-Spectate mode
-In-game camera/record feature

Glitches

-Fix the glitch that chooses another character than the one you initially chose
-Fix bug where Drake's grabs doesn't eject AP (need confirmation)
-

Top Bottom