• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

This games netcode can be amazing or absolute ass. The beta was so smooth. I hope they fix this because pointless deaths are getting annoying as hell.

When the netcode works, it works well, but here are some issues I've had:

Crazy rollback literally teleporting people from one side of the map to the other

Characters "phasing" out for entire matches; I've seen a match begin at the loading screen, then load only 3 characters, only for the 4th (Big Daddy) to show up in the last 10 seconds with kills and deaths on the scoreboard that I never saw

Characters "phasing" out, but still remaining in play; As one match went on, everybody lagged out or quit, leaving me by myself. Except, I was still getting hit by attacks and supers done by an invisible Dante. I could see his weapon when he swung it, but other than that, he was completely invisible, and impossible to hit.

I once chose Raiden and started a match, only to find the actual game begin with me using Dante in a costume I hadn't unlocked yet.

This game honestly has some of the craziest bugs I've ever seen in netplay, and that's after the day 1 netcode patch.

KevinCow

Banned
Oh are you fucking serious. I aimed my super perfectly, it was about to hit an opponent... then he all lag-teleports halfway across the screen and I miss.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Only one fix, I would like to see

Playstation Blogs need to process faster and give the winners the codes. :p
Yeah, I am ranting because they said that they would provide the codes on Tuesday but TODAY IS WEDNESDAY.

Mr. Fix

-Rematch option added to end screen (rematches available up to 3 times to limi boosting potential)
-Option to invite friends to games hosted by other players (I want to invite people when I'm not host, or allow friends to invite their friends to my hosted game)
-1v1 Matchmaking (make it timed, and in fact, if they are worried about rank boosting, just remove ranking up, people just want to have fun)
-Local Second player account sign in (even Black Ops II has this now)
-Ability to choose losing outros? (unless you already can)
-Add a timed option on top of stock/kill limit (this also alleviates the glitch where if a person drops out during the loading screen, the game never ends for one side because the game assumes the dropped player is in the game-- therefore their score can never be depleted in stock)
-Make the player score glow in Stock/Kill Limit as it can be hard to look down at the HUD for a quick glance (just outline the home screen score)
-It's STILL possible to lose track of characters. REMOVE the enemy Player indicator for enemies (unless they are far away maybe, like in Black Rock)
-Team mates really should have a different shade of the team colour for player indicators to continue with the clarity of distinction
-Option to choose which background you want to use

-Spectate mode
-In-game camera/record feature

Glitches

-Fix the glitch that chooses another character than the one you initially chose
-Fix bug where Drake's grabs doesn't eject AP (need confirmation)
-

Excellent list. To add onto the glitches, there's two still present from the beta in 2v2. It goes something like this:

- P1 & P2 vs P3 and P4
- P2 & P3 can't see each other while P1 and P4 can see the whole set
- P2 & P3 aren't in the same "plane" making them unable to hit one another, even if they do attack the same space as the opposite player
- P2 and P4 can attack both players in the opposing team
- P2's only able to fight P4 and P3 is only able to fight P1.

Second glitch still present is the one where you can't spawn for like 20-30 seconds for some odd reason.

It's really weird, and hilarious at the same time.

KillerAJD

Man, I wish you could roll off platforms! I know it might mean getting stunned and losing AP, but at least you don't die in this game if you roll off into the abyss below. Too many times have I tried to roll off and then get murdered by Kratos or Raiden because I get stopped by the edge, haha.

KevinCow

Banned
raiden confirmed for top tier.

His level 1 is fucking bullshit. It comes out fast, hits all around, and stays out for a while.

I might need to change my character, because Big Daddy's supers are fucking terrible. Level 1 takes forever to come out and has a weird trajectory, Level 2 is easy to dodge by just rolling back and forth, and Level 3 can be escaped in stages with high ceilings.

Also thanks to the guys that have been talking about my Sackboy playing, he's a really fun character for sure.
Question, Think we'll get any more costumes? I hope so

Lord Phol

Not so sure about dante anymore, he's basically all about that Square button. The Other moves nets you so little ap in comparison. Hes fun though.

Siaynoqq

Seth Killian capturing what I really find enjoyable about this game:

"Wall bounces in Capcom fighters are consistent. No matter where you do Ryu’s EX Donkey Kick, they always hit the wall and bounce off to a range where you can basically do the same combo. There’s a tiny bit of variance but not really.

Whereas this, characters have a specific velocity and they lose velocity over time if they approach the wall, so if they’re going above a certain speed, they’ll bounce off and then you can continue the combo that way. It’s actually a key part of the gameplay. If they don’t, they’ll sort of clunk the wall and plop down over there.

So knowing those ranges, knowing what the optimal combo is depending on your relative positions to a wall or a platform or a ledge or whatever, it’s one of those emergent parts of the gameplay at a high level."

Full interview here: http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1689267/playstation_allstars_seth_killian_interview.html

Maybe put in OT? I think people will enjoy it.

Sad to hear that Raiden has become the new Kratos. I shall combat such overuse by learning to excel with the likes of Sir Dan, Toro and Parappa.

KillerAJD

So those of us that pre-ordered the game on PSN, are we getting the bonus costumes or what? Last I checked they still aren't on my download list :(

NVM, read back a page, I'll try re adding to cart.

SmithnCo

Messing around in practice, found a cool max combo for Drake but timing to AK move is tricky, I think it depends on how far away you start the combo from.

TheMink

PSY・S;44612416 said:
What's the AP threshold?

Read thine OP

:)

Also Evil Cole is extemely awesome.
His nuetral O charges an attack that can be used later, if it connects it hit confirms a lvl 1 o_O
So awesome.

d0c_zaius

So those of us that pre-ordered the game on PSN, are we getting the bonus costumes or what? Last I checked they still aren't on my download list :(

NVM, read back a page, I'll try re adding to cart.

did you get this to work? I get no option to re-add to cart, just a prompt to choose a version.

oh its after the choose version selection. gotcha!

Huff

Banned
Should be in the OP how to download the vita version.

First make sure to have the most recent firmware, or you will get an error.

Select the 3rd disk in the menu "disk benefits" and it should bring up some promts to be able to download it on the vita. Will have more info once I finish updating my firmware.

Pretty shitty way doing it and with no fucking explanation from sony/superbot. I even looked in the online manual. nada

edit: disk benefits takes you to the playstation store. you add the vita version to card for free and checkout. now i assume i can download them

SmithnCo

You can sometimes get an AK run off after you do his (aerial down square) > (down square) > (side square) > (neutral triangle) (square)

You have to turn around after the down square because it hits them backwards. The nuetral triangle AK part is iffy though.

libregkd

I'm surprised that I am enjoying Heihachi as much as I am. I mean I'm a Tekken fan and all but this is a bit unexpected. Also digging Sackboy, who look cool to use from the reveal but I was never really all that interested in trying him out.

TheMink

So i really hate to do this especially as a raiden fan, but in a 1v1 one scenario raiden is brokenly overpowered againts physical characters at least.
I would love to be proven wrong but thats unlikely.
His counter combos straight into his lvl 1,
An over head down triangle combos right into his lvl 1, all his best combos come from a counter.
If your a physical character you are screwed.

If you dont believe me fight a cpu raiden with the difficulty turned all the way up. The only way i won was with raiden. And i felt like a cheap dick every time i used counter-->lvl1.
I know the cpu can counter without having to think cause he knows its coming but still.

Conversely, ranged characters actually have a pretty good advantage in theory. Online the only trouble i had was with a jak that was hitting me with triangle.
Also he has a distinct trouble with crowds.

If i had to bet, i would say that raiden is THE REASON 1v1 isnt matchmade.

So my best advice is grab a lot lol.

Siaynoqq

So i really hate to do this especially as a raiden fan, but in a 1v1 one scenario raiden is brokenly overpowered againts physical characters at least.
I would love to be proven wrong but thats unlikely.
His counter combos straight into his lvl 1,
An over head down triangle combos right into his lvl 1, all his best combos come from a counter.
If your a physical character you are screwed.

If you dont believe me fight a cpu raiden with the difficulty turned all the way up. The only way i won was with raiden. And i felt like a cheap dick every time i used counter-->lvl1.
I know the cpu can counter without having to think cause he knows its coming but still.

Conversely, ranged characters actually have a pretty good advantage in theory. Online the only trouble i had was with a jak that was hitting me with triangle.
Also he has a distinct trouble with crowds.

If i had to bet, i would say that raiden is THE REASON 1v1 isnt matchmade.

So my best advice is grab a lot lol.

Any sort of high-level play with a game that is as technical as this is going to have certain characters with an advantage over others. This is why learnings match-ups is key, cause there are certain adjustments one can make to significantly reduce the disparity.

Accordingly, I think it is WAY too early to say someone is broken or overpowered, or that certain matchups are clearly one-sided. Much more experimenting needs to be done by high-level players.

TheMink

So i just dropped a max difficulty raiden with sackboy with ease. Those ele pads and cake mess him up.

He tries sooo hard to get close then you just telle lol

Any sort of high-level play with a game that is as technical as this is going to have certain characters with an advantage over others. This is why learnings match-ups is key, cause there are certain adjustments one can make to significantly reduce the disparity.

Accordingly, I think it is WAY too early to say someone is broken or overpowered, or that certain matchups are clearly one-sided. Much more experimenting needs to be done by high-level players.

Obviously, since this game lives in 2v2 and FFA, raiden doesnt really have much of an advantage if any.
Im just pointing out he has a particular advantage in a 1v1 scenario.

But obviouly not good againts ranged characters if played well as noted above.

Im fully aware of how new tech is found and raiden will be less and less a threat when people figure it out. Only thats not needed because 1v1 is only playable with friends. Its not ranked, so a nerf is unlikely even if he is OP in a 1v1 scenario

Top Bottom