• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
PSY・S;44643084 said:
I usually read the OP once or a few times before I forget that it's there.

Yeah, I always read the OP of the OT. Lol. I just like reading up about the game. If anything, I'll pass up some of the story stuff, and just go straight to the features section, just to have a heads up on what kind of game I'm playing. If there's a FAQ, I'll read that as well.

How the hell do I download my pre-order costumes with the PS3 version? I pre-ordered from EB in Australia but didn’t get a separate piece of paper with a code on it when I picked it up. Am I screwed or am I missing something here?

Carl

Playing Ratchet and Clank's "story" thing. Man i love this game already.

Conversation when Ratchet and Clank first meet Jak and Daxter is hilarious. Great stuff.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Playing Ratchet and Clank's "story" thing. Man i love this game already.

Conversation when Ratchet and Clank first meet Jak and Daxter is hilarious. Great stuff.

Have you played through the Jak and Daxter side of the Ratchet and Clank rivalry. That parts also hilarious.

I think my favorite may be Evil Cole and Fat Princess. I just really wish there were more rivalry cutscenes, and a theater viewer, so you can watch them all again.

Good games. I am trying ratchet but man I can get a handle for him at all. Spike is somewhat better but his supers handicap him in 1 v 1.

Ratchet is more my type of character: mid to long range, with a lot of tools to set up characters. One of the things that I really love about this game is that, even if you aren't 100% familiar with the roster, you will more than likely find a character that fits your style of play. I love that there are no clones in this game, except for Good Cole and Evil Cole. I've really been spending time with Good Cole, but I'm going to go back to Ratchet, since I really dig him.

Carl

Have you played through the Jak and Daxter side of the Ratchet and Clank rivalry. That parts also hilarious.

I think my favorite may be Evil Cole and Fat Princess. I just really wish there were more rivalry cutscenes, and a theater viewer, so you can watch them all again.

Nah, that was the first story i had played. Might do Jak and Daxter next, hmm.

And yeah i was a bit disappointed that there was only one rivalry fight. I was kind of expecting two or three. Ah well.

fernoca

How the hell do I download my pre-order costumes with the PS3 version? I pre-ordered from EB in Australia but didn’t get a separate piece of paper with a code on it when I picked it up. Am I screwed or am I missing something here?

If the code wasn't in the receipt, just go back/call the store and ask about it.

In the US there's a problem with the codes not giving the Vita costumes and a few Best Buys just didn't give codes to preorders; so there's still some problems related to cross-buy games/downloads in general.

I really should start learning new characters. Only ones I know how to do anything are the beta characters (minus Sly) Drake and Raiden(who is really easy to learn imo compared to Dante for example. I suuuuuck with him).

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Nah, that was the first story i had played. Might do Jak and Daxter next, hmm.

And yeah i was a bit disappointed that there was only one rivalry fight. I was kind of expecting two or three. Ah well.

Yeah, I would have loved if you battled your rival 2 more times. I just felt that they needed more conclusion to them. I've beat 10 story modes so far, and I'm going to go through the next batch in a bit. I've basically been choosing a character, beating their arcade, then doing their Rival's arcade.

The weekend confirmed talk with Seth is interesting. I hope this game gets a part 2. I'm loving it.

It was a great chat. I can see what they were trying to go for: A fighting game with the same strategic depth as a Street Fighter, but without requiring the extreme technical chops to pull off all the moves.

Carl

Yeah, I would have loved if you battled your rival 2 more times. I just felt that they needed more conclusion to them. I've beat 10 story modes so far, and I'm going to go through the next batch in a bit. I've basically been choosing a character, beating their arcade, then doing their Rival's arcade.

Yeah exactly.

Think i'm going to be doing pretty much the same thing to be honest. Then i'll pick the character i preferred playing as and try and build my skills a bit ;)

KalBalboa

Banned
The weekend confirmed talk with Seth is interesting. I hope this game gets a part 2. I'm loving it.

What's great is that it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Lee was good at bringing up some base criticisms, but overall the Weekend Confirmed crew seemed up on the game.

I just finished Sackboy's arcade story. I'm having a hard time finding a favorite character at this point.

Nakiro

That was dumb... I was like 20 point from the black belt and one game I couldn't move and the other one I didn't even spawn at the beginning of the game... dropped by 10 points for no reason.

gadwn

Did much better tonight, finally started winning some matches. Especially the 2v2 ones, those are awesome!

Quite surprising that is was Sackboy that stopped my loss streak, such a fun character to play. Then I finally spend some quality time with Kratos. Easily the best character I have played so far.

Loving pretty much everything in the game so far. The story mode stuff may be a little bare bones but they are still much fun. The Rivalry cutscenes are great fun, loved the Sackboy /Big Daddy one. :D

Carl

WEASEL CREATURRRRRREEEEEEEEE?"

Never played a Jak and Daxter game, but i love Daxter already. Now i want to play Jak and Daxter.

Damn, Sony's trick is working.

WEASEL CREATURRRRRREEEEEEEEE?"

Never played a Jak and Daxter game, but i love Daxter already. Now i want to play Jak and Daxter.

Damn, Sony's trick is working.

play it, Daxter is amazing, the animation and the voice acting, he's hilarious. he's totally the star of the show, especially since Jak is a mute character in Jak & Daxter 1

KalBalboa

Banned
Haha nice, thanks for posting.

Would you guys say this game holds-up if you are going to play it offline for a while? Like custom matches with fun AI? Hope it has difficulty setting.

I'd say so. I've been playing the character challenges and arcade mode whenever my friends aren't over.

Question about Cross-Buy:

I know I can't give away the Vita download to someone else because it's tied to the PS3 version, but let's say I buy the PS3 version just for the Vita code and then not bother with the PS3 version after I activate it. There can't be any way to stop someone else from playing the PS3 version, right?

I need to know this before I open the packaging...

A friend of mine just told me he's getting me this for Christmas... I'm so happy/thankful. Totally broke/on a budget lately, I wouldn't be able to afford it for awhile and it'll be just in time for the holiday breaks :)

Question about Cross-Buy:

I know I can't give away the Vita download to someone else because it's tied to the PS3 version, but let's say I buy the PS3 version just for the Vita code and then not bother with the PS3 version after I activate it. There can't be any way to stop someone else from playing the PS3 version, right?

I need to know this before I open the packaging...

Well it can be played but due to online pass the PS3 is offline only unless they play on your account.

Unless of course you play Vita version offline only I guess :/.

Duffyside

Banned
I think the fighting in this game is really boring. It moves too slowly, there's no impact, and there's nothing worse than hitting a guy to the ground, and watching him blink invincible for like two seconds. It's probably the longest two seconds in history. I'd rather wait in a DMV line for an hour than just stand there waiting to play the game again because the developers decided to cater to casuals.

The only possibly more frustrating than this is the baffling roll-system, in which you're never guaranteed to know which way you're going to face after making said roll. It seems to alternate back-and-forth? ... which... is dumb?

Oh! So during the polygon man fight, if you have a super you can kill as soon as a enemy spawns. They have no invincible state.

How do you have a super ready? You can't get the next batch of spawns unless you had just killed the first, which you can only do with a super...

Well it can be played but due to online pass the PS3 is offline only unless they play on your account.

Unless of course you play Vita version offline only I guess :/.
Can they play on their own account if they buy an online pass separately? The extra $10 is still better than buying the Vita and PS3 versions individually.

Also, they'd be able to earn their own trophies and such, right?

Ploid 3.0

That one vs one session I had with that Raiden yesterday really improved my Evil Cole. I feel so in control of the fights and what I need to do. I use his fire charge to hit confirm his super 1 and hope that I nail some others on it's explosion path. Level 2 is just for if I have no opening for level 1, and I hope I don't get to level 3 because I don't like Evil Cole's.

I think the fighting in this game is really boring. It moves too slowly, there's no impact, and there's nothing worse than hitting a guy to the ground, and watching him blink invincible for like two seconds. It's probably the longest two seconds in history. I'd rather wait in a DMV line for an hour than just stand there waiting to play the game again because the developers decided to cater to casuals.

The only possibly more frustrating than this is the baffling roll-system, in which you're never guaranteed to know which way you're going to face after making said roll. It seems to alternate back-and-forth? ... which... is dumb?

How do you have a super ready? You can't get the next batch of spawns unless you had just killed the first, which you can only do with a super...

wtf-thumb.jpg

Top Bottom