• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Nakiro

I'm hoping to reach the Black Belt in FFA this month, and after that probably won't be playing it anymore. I think 2v2 is far more balanced in terms of supers then FFA.

J-Tier

PSY・S;44654198 said:
Too complex for just anyone to pick up and play competitively.

The irony that we're using the term competitively vs casually haha. I was being a bit sarcastic with my comment.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm having a hard time putting this down. I just finished a bunch of 2 v 2 on my PS3 and am hitting the hay for the night... where my Vita is currently staring at me.

Duffyside

Banned
Yes. Go back in store, re-add the game to cart, then look in your downloads, you'll find it.

This doesn't work for me. When I go to the game, it just offers a "Choose Version" option and then will download the Vita version of the game again. The only way I can see this working is if I delete my installed game and try all over again? Is that what I have to do?

J-Tier

This doesn't work for me. When I go to the game, it just offers a "Choose Version" option and then will download the Vita version of the game again. The only way I can see this working is if I delete my installed game and try all over again? Is that what I have to do?

No, don't do that, you just gotta go through all the options "Hot on PS3" etc until you find one that lets you do it, it's kinda crappy. The other way is if you get it as a message-check your message box and there may be a message sent from "PSN" giving you the preorder costumes.

Cartman86

Banned

Yeah can't get it working for me either. I wonder if I just "pre-ordered" too late.

Tsunamo

How the hell do I download my pre-order costumes with the PS3 version? I pre-ordered from EB in Australia but didn’t get a separate piece of paper with a code on it when I picked it up. Am I screwed or am I missing something here?
Ring up their customer service line, same thing happened to me. I rang them up, they called my local store to see what was going on, then gave me a call back and just gave me a code over the phone.

Duffyside

Banned
No, don't do that, you just gotta go through all the options "Hot on PS3" etc until you find one that lets you do it, it's kinda crappy. The other way is if you get it as a message-check your message box and there may be a message sent from "PSN" giving you the preorder costumes.

Nope, not in any of the options. I guess I can only delete and try that, or just wait for Sony to fix it. Probably when they release the pack as paid add-on.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Nope, not in any of the options. I guess I can only delete and try that, or just wait for Sony to fix it. Probably when they release the pack as paid add-on.

Why would you have to wait for Sony to release the pack as a paid add-on? It takes like two minutes to just right them a customer service ticket asking for a solution to the problem...

J-Tier

Sackboy has become rather obnoxious in 2v2. That projectile spamming isn't unbeatable, but it's more difficult to deal with than any other projectile character in the roster.

That electric pad -.-

botty

Banned
Sackboy has become rather obnoxious in 2v2. That projectile spamming isn't unbeatable, but it's more difficult to deal with than any other projectile character in the roster.

That electric pad -.-

Team up against the other opponent. The sack boys I have come across basically camp in one spot, while spamming their projectiles. However, whenever my partner and I just double teamed the other opponent the sackboy had to play differently or risk us gaining points.

It also depends on the stage I guess. Sackboy thrives in stages with tight areas.

J-Tier

Yeah, double teaming is the best way to go. The sackboy that had me fuming was paired up with a decent Raiden though who played guard. It was a pretty uphill battle.

Duffyside

Banned
Played online finally. In my second match I got pinned against a wall vs a Radec, who wasn't all that good, who just kept doing the same two hit combo on me. I was in an endless loop, could not block, no recovery, for like 30 seconds until finally one of the other two players came and hit him.

This game :-(

J-Tier

Played online finally. In my second match I got pinned against a wall vs a Radec, who wasn't all that good, who just kept doing the same two hit combo on me. I was in an endless loop, could not block, no recovery, for like 30 seconds until finally one of the other two players came and hit him.

This game :-(
Sounds buggy. That sucks. The AP system was supposed to send you flying.

As for sackboy if they nerf him, they could just reduce AP gain from berry toss and cake, and lower the active frames in the electric pad.

PowderedToast

well i bought it on a whim,played about 30 mins on vita. shitty UI aside(they clearly had no time), this game is AMAZING

controls so well, character moveset is hilariously inventive. drake's floor collapse mid-air, lmao

serious props to seth and superbot, this plays just as good as smash, if not better. truly impressed

Mr. Fix

serious props to seth and superbot, this plays just as good as smash, if not better. truly impressed

I'd say to give it a few weeks, especially after you've tried out the online. Smash doesn't exactly allow spamming to be done so casually. I'm surprised they didn't implement a system that reduces the AP gained for using the same move consecutively.

PowderedToast

I'd say to give it a few weeks, especially after you've tried out the online. Smash doesn't exactly allow spamming to be done so casually. I'm surprised they didn't implement a system that reduces the AP gained for using the same move consecutively.

hm, that's unfortunate. but it looks like they're keen on watching how the community unfolds and patching accordingly.

Ken

well i bought it on a whim,played about 30 mins on vita. shitty UI aside(they clearly had no time), this game is AMAZING

controls so well, character moveset is hilariously inventive. drake's floor collapse mid-air, lmao

My problem with the game as well. Everything looks so...plain and "safe."

Well if we're discussing early nerds and buffs I think Superbot needs to take another look at Toro. I love the cat but he needs some serious work. Torobi Form builds meter horribly and can barely combo. And the supers....

Toro and Spike are the only characters who don't have a super or mode where they can score multiple kills on one person, but Spike is a better character than Toro.

Ken

How do you redeem the Vita version if you have the PS3 version?

Can Radec combo off his throws?

When playing local FFA, is it possible for me to sign in on my own PSN account and not be a guest so I can rank up and stuff?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Showed one of my childhood friends some trailers and the superbot combo video *he didnt even know about the game yet*

His response.

O M G!!!!!!!! GUILTY BROS. SMASH GEAR MELEE!!!!! THAT GAME LOOKS LIKE A WHOLE LOT OF BAD ASS!!!!! ........... FUCK!!!!!!!!!! so when is it comin out?

lol he rushed out and bought it right away XD

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wow Toro is absolutely unbelievable... maybe I'm alone in this. His specials kick ass and he's so slippery.

His supers are really bad after level 1, he's solid otherwise. But in a game like this that's enough to make him the current worst character imo. He can still pull off some nice stuff in team matches though

Ken

To redeem your Cross-Buy copy of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS Vita please follow the directions below.

Insert the Blu-ray disc into your PS3.
Navigate to the game XMB to select Disc Benefits
(Until you redeem your Cross-Buy, you will be prompted you to download the Vita Game each time you insert the Blu-ray disc into the PS3.)
After redeeming the Cross-Buy, simply launch the PS Store on PlayStation Vita.
Tap the ‘Options button’ on the bottom right corner of the store
Tap ‘Download list’
Tap ‘PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale’ to download on PS Vita.

Hmm I don't really understand this. What will I lose if I log in on my PSN account and redeem the Cross-Buy, and try to play the PS3 version on a different PSN account?

Lord Phol

His supers are really bad after level 1, he's solid otherwise. But in a game like this that's enough to make him the current worst character imo. He can still pull off some nice stuff in team matches though

Haven't see his lvl 3 but his lvl 2 is pretty good, most Toros get 2-3 kills easily with that in my experience.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Meh I disagree. His level 2 is not bad at all, and his level 1 is super quick and easy to get to. His level 3 is a screen wipe just like a ton of the other characters. He can range, he can combo, he can teleport. I think he's damn good.

PowderedToast

My problem with the game as well. Everything looks so...plain and "safe."

to me it screams "for dev eyes only". like they didn't have time to put the extra layer of polish on top of it, total placeholder aesthetic.

it's a shame because a notable part of these celebratory games is the visual attention to detail. this game has that in everything except the UI. oh well

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Meh I disagree. His level 2 is not bad at all, and his level 1 is super quick and easy to get to. His level 3 is a screen wipe just like a ton of the other characters. He can range, he can combo, he can teleport. I think he's damn good.

Level 2 is really easy to dodge it just shouts out HEY LOOK IM COMING FOR YOU LOL, screen wipe supers are the biggest waste of meter in the game at that point you are better off doing a level 2 and a 1 with toro

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Level 2 is really easy to dodge it just shouts out HEY LOOK IM COMING FOR YOU LOL, screen wipe supers are the biggest waste of meter in the game at that point you are better off doing a level 2 and a 1 with toro

That's my point, a ton of characters of screen wipes. His level 1 is damn good.

PowderedToast

man dante seems awesome in training but in practice you realise how crippling his delay time is, can't roll out of his combos quick enough. bullets also do FUCK ALL. can the FGC explain why they are like that and what they're for? ty

Lord Phol

man dante seems awesome in training but in practice you realise how crippling his delay time is, can't roll out of his combos quick enough. bullets also do FUCK ALL. can the FGC explain why they are like that and what they're for? ty

Yeah I pretty much feel the same way :7. Mostly just end up spamming the square button since his other moves aren't that useful, except for over-comlicated hard to pull of combos. His super are so good though, and he gains ap pretty fast once you can get a lock on someone.

Drencrom

Guess what just came through the letterbox.

*HNNNNNNNGGGG!!*

Meanwhile in northern Sweden

ibsckMZr9MVq2d.jpg

no snow yet

Xater

Is for anyone in Europe the costume DLC working? I turned on my PS3 today and I got a message that the DLC could not be downloaded. In my download history it's also not working.

SxP

Finally got my game, though PS+ Vita kept me pretty happy since Wednesday. Shame the Cross-buy "sticker" isn't a sticker. I hate those sort of things.

Lord Phol

Is for anyone in Europe the costume DLC working? I turned on my PS3 today and I got a message that the DLC could not be downloaded. In my download history it's also not working.

Glad Im not the only one with that problem. I've made a topic on the Swedish Playstation support forums so hopefully we'll get some answers!

Xater

Glad Im not the only one with that problem. I've made a topic on the Swedish Playstation support forums so hopefully we'll get some answers!

I am from Germany and yeah it sucks. I wanted to play with some of them. Please let me know how t turns out.

Carl

Worked fine for me. Vita version at least - PS3 isn't done yet.

Top Bottom