• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

>Finishes all of PaRappa's trials expecting an unlock of some sort like a cool icon or background or even a trophy.
>Only gets
bonus points. :(

Speaking of trophies, this seems like an easy game to platinum.

SykoTech

Saw a Sackboy in the 700s today, so yeah. It probably caps at 999.

Not very high with any character myself. My brother, friends, and I have been jumping around characters most of the time.

Xater

So palying through Arcade I am at least having some kind of fun with most characters but I HATE (!!!) playing as Sir Daniel. So unfun, I even have trouble getting through on Legend. Sad because he was one of the characters I was most looking forward to.

At least I am slowly getting into finding my favorite characters. So far I have 4: Kratos, Dante, Jak and Radec. But Rade might be more of a 2v2 guy for me.

Carl

Holy shit there are 999 levels? Fuck if i go against any of those i'll be buggered.

Played through Drake's story. Ending made me laugh.

Ratchet and Clank are still my favourites so far.

Haha I just noticed Acquiescence is two higher than me on the leaderboards. This game is awesome, I'm just diving in with a random character every match.

Xater

So far I also think that the level 1 supers from Big Daddy and Sir Daniel might be the worst in the game. The AOE of Bid Daddy's is terrible and it comes out in a weird way and sir Daniel's is also shitty to land because it comes out in a weird way. Nariko's level 1 is also pretty terrible because you really have to be sure of the distance but at least the AOE is better than with Big Daddy.

Carl

So far I also think that the level 1 supers from Big Daddy and Sir Daniel might be the worst in the game. The AOE of Bid Daddy's is terrible and it comes out in a weird way and sir Daniel's is also shitty to land because it comes out in a weird way. Nariko's level 1 is also pretty terrible because you really have to be sure of the distance but at least the AOE is better than with Big Daddy.

Jak's level 1 is pretty damn shite, too.

Just going to say... Spike is awesome. Very fun to play and can make some very good juggling combos. Think I might move from Nariko to Spike, given I played as Spike last night and actually had fun again. Granted, I had a few games as Nariko and enjoyed it,

On second thought, I'll probably just play between the two.

PaRappa's Level 1 isn't too good either.

X-Factor

In case anyone did not receive the pre-order costumes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJEl25Wd-Bg

This is what they look like, and their Level 3 moves.

characterspreorder.png

Tsunamo

So palying through Arcade I am at least having some kind of fun with most characters but I HATE (!!!) playing as Sir Daniel. So unfun, I even have trouble getting through on Legend. Sad because he was one of the characters I was most looking forward to.

At least I am slowly getting into finding my favorite characters. So far I have 4: Kratos, Dante, Jak and Radec. But Rade might be more of a 2v2 guy for me.
Yeah same, I was really disappointed with Sir Dan. I love his taunts/intros/outros, and that they captured everything I love about his character in All-Stars, but he feels like a chore to play as to me and doesn't match my playstyle at all.

After playing arcade mode with about half the characters I think I'll be sticking with Spike (didn't like him at first due to him feeling a bit too slow for my liking, but he's grown on me), Raiden, Ratchet (maybe Jak/Nariko if I can get used to their movesets) and Kratos. Not too far off who I was expecting to stick with before, but it's nice to finally find those characters that become your favorites that you know you'll probably stick with.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I've had to completely abandon FFA. Way too hectic and it was sapping my enjoyment of the game.

Still can't do shit with Dante. Has anyone found a use for his gun attacks yet?

Xater

Yeah same, I was really disappointed with Sir Dan. I love his taunts/intros/outros, and that they captured everything I love about his character in All-Stars, but he feels like a chore to play as to me and doesn't match my fighting style at all.

Exactly! The way they captured everything about is so great, it is just such a shame that he is no fun to play.

Still can't do shit with Dante. Has anyone found a use for his gun attacks yet?

you can get a combo that takes you opponent into a crumble state and then you can unload a whole gun combo while they are going down.

Just went on a nice winstreak on 2vs2 with Kouichi. Our Parappa+Good Cole team can do some damage <3. We duid lose one game tho, my soul was crushed :<.

Kouichi

Just went on a nice winstreak on 2vs2 with Kouichi. Our Parappa+Good Cole team can do some damage <3. We duid lose one game tho, my soul was crushed :<.

Yeah we did good. That skateboard super did most of the damage though xD;

That match was my fault! I was too busying dying to get out my level 2 D:

Lord Phol

you can get a combo that takes you opponent into a crumble state and then you can unload a whole gun combo while they are going down.

Too bad his gun attacks give you like 2-10 ap. They are mostly used for transitioning into his circle moves fast. I posted a 133AP combo some pages ago where you need to use the guns, it's almost impossible to land though.,

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I thought I'd hate Sir Daniel, but I've gotten pretty good with him, and setting up his Level 1 Super. At first, I thought it was impossible to land, but it's not. It just takes patience, timing, and coordination.

I made the crazy decision to take Sir Dan into an online match last night, and while I lost, I got some good kills as well. The problem is that I was paired up against a Nariko, Raiden, and a Big Daddy who loved to spam the ground pound attack. I admit, it was pretty satisfying when I used Up Square, Up Triangle, Level 1 Super to take out both Big Daddy and Nariko at the same time. Lol.

He's definitely not one I'd want to use often in online, but he's fun for a challenge. You just have to take into his account his movement speed and attack wind ups. He's more of a character where you're mostly predicting what your enemy is going to do, where your enemy is going to be, than actively setting up the attacks and situations yourself. It was amusing when I took advantage of the Big Daddy and Nariko's habit of constantly jumping around to get over me. They jumped, and I fired off my Level 1 Super, taking them both out again. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHHdAYOjmrA

Just a popular Youtuber playing. I like how much fun he has with games.

I am quite curious about how the sales are going for this game. Im trying to use the leaderboards to see, but I cant go to the bottom of the list.

And it blows that they dont lock special icons, backgrounds, or taunts under the character trials. Seems like a wasted opportunity. They should have left some rare unlocks at a higher level, there's no need to blow the load early.

I love watching outros and intros and taunting. Too bad people skip them :mad:

Man, I really want to get good with Dino, but I only know two viable combos. Can anyonepoint me in the direction of some good and simple ones?

Thanks!

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
If you are having trouble with the 1 on 1 vs Sly as Nathan in All-Star diffuculty, just spam the ledge fall move (I think down circle, while in the air). Sly will just keep running under it or fail to dodge. Build up to level 2 and KO.

I'm trying to do Drake's trial the one that you perform all his moves, but I can't get his grenade to hit people, especially the throw grenade while in cover move.

So I finally took more of a look into the online options. So you can play 2v2 and it even has matchmaking it just isn't ranked. That's not that bad. But it would be cool if they also made a ranked option for 2v2.

I dunno if ya figured it out already but there is ranked 2vs2. Go to the FFA ranked character select and just invite a friend. You can see 2vs2 leaderboards by pressing square in the leaderboard display.

I dunno if ya figured it out already but there is ranked 2vs2. Go to the FFA ranked character select and just invite a friend. You can see 2vs2 leaderboards by pressing square in the leaderboard display.

Just more evidence of the slapped on UI design.

They need to make 2v2 Stock ranked. I want to play an endless supply of 2v2 Stock.

Einherjar

Any tips on playing 1v1 with Radec?

I can build meter fine, but I'm not sure how to land his level 1. I shot it point blank and I guess I was too close(?) and it just went through my opponent. Not sure how else to try and land it in a 1v1.

Xater

Oh I meant 2v2 with randoms. So that if I don't have a partner I can still play ranked 2v2 matches.

How are u guys doing with combos? Im finding it difficult to do in a game because I cant get the recovery system. Sometimes I hit combos, sometimes the enemy recovers, how do I know?

Top Bottom