• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Meanwhile in northern Sweden

ibsckMZr9MVq2d.jpg

no snow yet

Sucks man. Few things are more frustrating than not getting a product delivered to you day of release. I shopped with Zavvi for the first time this year; my pre-ordered copy of Sleeping Dogs, a game I was gagging to play, didn't get here until Tuesday. Never again.

Lucky. No sign of mine, pretty sure the postman has already been out though.
Last time I ever preorder from Amazon...

If you went with first class delivery then that's poor service on their part.

Caffer

Neo Member
Is for anyone in Europe the costume DLC working? I turned on my PS3 today and I got a message that the DLC could not be downloaded. In my download history it's also not working.

mine worked, i've been e-mailed the code from amazon, i inserted it and downloaded 2 files: costumes for ps3 and vita

JoshHood

mine worked, i've been e-mailed the code from amazon, i inserted it and downloaded 2 files: costumes for ps3 and vita

I did the UK/EU PSN pre-order, and got five files - the game for PS3 and Vita, the costumes for each, and a Network Pass that worked for both. All seems fine my end.

Zephyrus

Banned
I did the UK/EU PSN pre-order, and got five files - the game for PS3 and Vita, the costumes for each, and a Network Pass that worked for both. All seems fine my end.

really? I did the same thing and can't download the pre-order costumes.

It says they're available to be downloaded on 17/11/12.

It's now 23/11/12

Still no costumes

JoshHood

really? I did the same thing and can't download the pre-order costumes.

It says they're available to be downloaded on 17/11/12.

It's now 23/11/12

Still no costumes

That is exactly the issue I am having.

Yeah, no problems at all. When I pre-ordered it said about the 17/11 date, I went into my list last night and downloaded them all, unlocked as planned this morning.

Lord Phol

How weird - what's in your download list? I see this:

Pretty much the same, but that top one gives the message "They're available to be downloaded on 17/11/12." (or something similar) when I try to download it. Also the Icon/button next to it is different than for the others.

SmithnCo

I'm hoping to reach the Black Belt in FFA this month, and after that probably won't be playing it anymore. I think 2v2 is far more balanced in terms of supers then FFA.

Same, I just think 2v2 is a lot more fun in general. Hoping to at least reach red in FFA though.

JoshHood

Pretty much the same, but that top one gives the message "They're available to be downloaded on 17/11/12." (or something similar) when I try to download it. Also the Icon/button next to it is different than for the others.

How odd. Guess you'll just have to give Sony a ring then.

SykoTech

So many Raidens and Ratchets online. I main Ratchet & Clank, but I usually end up picking Sackboy online as to not blend in so much.

Online's been working great so far today though. Matches connect in like 20 seconds, no glitches, and thankfully only 2 hosts have quit.

Mognet

Mine too. I can play with the alt costumes on my vita version though...

Nakiro

Same, I just think 2v2 is a lot more fun in general. Hoping to at least reach red in FFA though.
It's tough and few little mistakes can really hinder your progress.

Then there's also the game ploblems themselves.
One match it spawned everyone, but only one player got to move and actually build a meter, I was in the Ready screen. Next match right after that 2 people didn't spawn the whole match. Including myself.

Couple times it changes the character on you.
From what I noticed, it does this once you find people and it backs out into the search again, that's when it happens. So now I have to press O while waiting to find people in case it backs you out of a game and starts searching again.

Edit: Hosts quitting is also very common...

Sooo, kinda hesitant to post this, but whatever. Got my rental through from Lovefilm today, and it occurs to me that the crossbuy thing is linked to the disc with a one time download, not a code or anything. So rental of PASBR has netted me a free copy for Vita since i'm the first with my disc. I reckon Sony will twig to this pretty soon and change it, but it's there for anyone who's considering renting.

Trying to save the game until tonight for when a few peeps are coming over before playing too much, but me and the missus had a few rounds and it's good fun. Honestly from first impressions, it seems extremely like SSB, maybe even a little simpler and easier for Missus to play, but that's no bad thing IMO, I've been looking forward to a top quality clone on other consoles for ages, and I'm sure it has it's own tricks. It is a little annoying that the camera just always seems super zoomed out, even if all 4 of you are in the same space/a small stage. The way I remember it in Brawl is it dynamically zoomed in and out depending on the stage changing or everyone splitting out, but whatever. I like Good Cole so far. Hoping this pans out as something everyone wants to latch onto in the house. No-one would ever play SSB or anything on the wii so fingers crossed, I'll be buying it if it's a success.

my game crashed, I got booted to vita main screen, got error code and message if I want to report to Sony. first time this ever happened to my Vita, should I be worried?

Yeah, I preordered from Game ages ago and got no preorder costumes. What gives?

Loving the game! Raiden sure as hell builds up AP fast, as does Sir Dan. Done about five or so arcade modes so far, will probably go online tonight.

KaidoRacer7

Has anyone figured out how to get the preorder costumes from the PS3 version to work on the Vita yet?

From psn version? I found yesterday: enter in the game page on ps store and will be a option called "choose version".

There will be 2 options, choose the free option and do a checkout (since it's free, no price will be shown). After the checkout, a screen with the downloads will appear with the costumes dlc included

whitelighter89

Neo Member
Got it from Gamestop this morning and they didn't get any pre-order codes in. The cheek of the woman in a store full of "reserve now for extra costumes" advertising to try and tell me they weren't doing the offer. If they don't get the codes in by this afternoon you're looking at one pissed off GameStop customer.

Xater

For everyone else in the EU who has the pre-order problem. The Alternate costume pack is currently for free in the Germany PSN store. Downloaded it and it worked. Check your local store or try if the German one works with your copy.

Lord Phol

For everyone else in the EU who has the pre-order problem. The Alternate costume pack is currently for free in the Germany PSN store. Downloaded it and it worked. Check your local store or try if the German one works with your copy.

Noooo, Im not home until sunday D:, hope it's still available then!
Thanks for the heads up!

Wait, what? I downloaded on Vita, shouldn't it be easy to download on PS3?

Slurmer

Banned
Sorry as I'm sure this has been addressed, but I just used cross buy to put this onto my vita (it's weird that you have to download it twice instead of just being able to transfer it) and now it's saying I don't have an online pass for the vita version. I already redeemed the ps3 code and it won't let me use that code for the vita version. Did I do something wrong or do I have to get another online pass

Sorry as I'm sure this has been addressed, but I just used cross buy to put this onto my vita (it's weird that you have to download it twice instead of just being able to transfer it) and now it's saying I don't have an online pass for the vita version. I already redeemed the ps3 code and it won't let me use that code for the vita version. Did I do something wrong or do I have to get another online pass

It should work fine? You should have the Vita online pass?

Gadirok

Go to your PSvita onto the PS store and look in your download history and download the 100kb file. It should be the first thing, if the crossbuy was the last thing you did.

I had to download an online pass when I did crossbuy, but I saw both when I went to my downloads history when "disc benefits" activated it.

There were noticably two files. The larger one was obviously the digital version, and I was hoping the other would be an unlock for the preorder costumes, but it wasn't. It was just an online pass.

When I did the disc benefits/crossbuy thing just a little while ago, it just took me to psn store -> download/buy for free to the left or whatever the option was, and it just stuck the online code patch in as well as the vita game. Did you deviant at all from that, maybe stopped it from sticking the online pass in your basket?

Carl

Playing Drake's story now. His level 2 super is great. Just build it up and then whomp the AI as they battle each other, lol. Kill all 3 for an easy win

KalBalboa

Banned
I think the secret sauce for PlayStation All Stars, and this is something I'm not seeing a lot of talk about in any review or on GAF, is the grinding. No matter what scenario you're in, every fight yields XP.

A bunch of my hometown friends picked up All Stars this week. A few of us own Vitas and we were talking earlier about how we'll have to always have our portable versions of All Stars with us when we hang out this holiday season. It hit me just now that we'll always be able to grind and level up characters for unlocks even when we're not near a hotspot- we can just play some Ad Hoc 2 v 2 against bots if we want to get our licks in. That's pretty cool.

Xater

So I finally took more of a look into the online options. So you can play 2v2 and it even has matchmaking it just isn't ranked. That's not that bad. But it would be cool if they also made a ranked option for 2v2.

nope, I got nothing. :(

I will put what they emailed me below. I haven't taken out the code, but it has been redeemed.

"Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for preordering PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale from GAME.co.uk

Your unique code for your in-game bonus costumes for every character is: DETC-7TNN-2F8N

To access your in-game content follow these instructions:

1. Sign into your PlayStation Network account via your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita.

2. Visit the PlayStation Store.

3. Select the Redeem Codes icon, found in the top right hand corner of the Store.

4. Enter your 12 character promotion code and select Continue.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to redeem the code."

It came yesterday, and the subject was "GAME: Your PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale Code!‏"

I think the secret sauce for PlayStation All Stars, and this is something I'm not seeing a lot of talk about in any review or on GAF, is the grinding. No matter what scenario you're in, every fight yields XP.

A bunch of my hometown friends picked up All Stars this week. A few of us own Vitas and we were talking earlier about how we'll have to always have our portable versions of All Stars with us when we hang out this holiday season. It hit me just now that we'll always be able to grind and level up characters for unlocks even when we're not near a hotspot- we can just play some Ad Hoc 2 v 2 against bots if we want to get our licks in. That's pretty cool.

Do you get much for the xp though? I saw that coming up earlier so I searched on google to see what it was for, seemed just like wallpapers etc. for your profile card though, is that right? I definitely appreciate that sweet urge to grind just for grinding haha, it's nice when a game always has something to reward you with no matter what you're doing but it would have been cool if there has been something cooler than stickers, wallpapers or whatever.

KalBalboa

Banned
Do you get much for the xp though? I saw that coming up earlier so I searched on google to see what it was for, seemed just like wallpapers etc. for your profile card though, is that right? I definitely appreciate that sweet urge to grind just for grinding haha, it's nice when a game always has something to reward you with no matter what you're doing but it would have been cool if there has been something cooler than stickers, wallpapers or whatever.

XP yields some character-agnostic things like backgrounds and icons, for sure, but I also like getting my numbers up for each character. Skins, intros, victory music, etc. I think every character has a level 300 unlock, too.

Top Bottom