• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

DrDogg

Just going to say... Spike is awesome. Very fun to play and can make some very good juggling combos. Think I might move from Nariko to Spike, given I played as Spike last night and actually had fun again. Granted, I had a few games as Nariko and enjoyed it,

On second thought, I'll probably just play between the two.

What combos are you doing as Spike?

I'm having a hard time figuring out combos and there doesn't seem to be a good online resource for high level play (that I've found).

As far as I can tell, you want to find a combo that build AP faster, and have a character with at least a good L2 Super. Those seem to be the two main aspects of a top tier character in this game.

Any tips on playing 1v1 with Radec?

I can build meter fine, but I'm not sure how to land his level 1. I shot it point blank and I guess I was too close(?) and it just went through my opponent. Not sure how else to try and land it in a 1v1.

1v1 can be tricky with Radec and I don't really have much good tips but you might want to save for lvl 2 for almost guaranteed kill. Always have shock granade/plasmapillar up when enemy is coming closer and if they get caught in them use your lvl1 super/up triangle/side square to blast them away. Neutral triangle assault rifle is fairly safe harrass move and you mostly want to use that instead of sniper in 1on1. Flamethrower can be started in the air so that can be useful sometimes.

THE most important thing however: roll roll roll roll all day long. It's soo important especially with Radec.

Cedric

Hey Gaf, just got my hands on this game and I'm having tons of fun. I have a question though, is there a way to play 1vs1 online with strangers?

Gorillaz

holy shit

I got the game for DD and it hit 65 percent and just froze...fucking froze for no reason. After sitting there for like an hour

Ugggggggggh

EDIT: wait wait wait...RedskinRocks has the game?

I need to get on this....to settle the score....

Well, I remembered his comment about Phoenix.

Who is him. JStein, I'm not sure if you overlooked but good game last night. It was very hot game between your friend and my friend. Haha. (Ratchet vs Cole)

A guy from the beta that we don't like haha
Oh ha I didn't notice. Did you guys win? I assume we were playing our usual Sackboy and Dante
Ooh and I agree about Spike, very fun, love playing as him

Ran rp

holy shit

I got the game for DD and it hit 65 percent and just froze...fucking froze for no reason. After sitting there for like an hour

Ugggggggggh

EDIT: wait wait wait...RedskinRocks has the game?

I need to get on this....to settle the score....

Yep.

jbpkRqdv8TiXJ8.jpg

KalBalboa

Banned
does 24376 means only 24376 people have bought the game worldwide

Nope. Plenty of people are likely tied for certain places, especially last. You also need to consider how many people bought the game as a gift or those who haven't connected to the internet yet with their PS3/Vita versions. Plus, there's always some jank with leaderboards and online scoring.

GolazoDan

Just bought this. Mostly because the Amazon cover art is COOL, but also seems like an okay game. Anything with Ape Escape in it is fine with me.

KalBalboa

Banned
I was looking for the leaderboard total...

Do u need to play x number of games to be ranked on the leaderboard?

When will we know sales numbers by? :/

Probably in a few weeks, if not sooner. The attach rate to the new PS3 might be pretty high thanks to that Gamestop sale.

RazOmari

I participated in all three of the betas, and just got around to playing Sweet Tooth for the first time yesterday. I've definitely been missing out. Only played a few games with him, but seems like he gains meter pretty quickly for a character that isn't too combo focused.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got the game today, played for about an hour with my friend, us two versus online opponents - 0 problems.
Played for about 2 hours after that with another friend, but this time we were on different consoles (also 2v2) - it was a mess, bug-wise. Tons of glitches, lags, game changing our characters, not being able to find enemies, his console freezing when when receiving an invite for me.
The game is great, but really needs some polishing and serious patching... Funny thing, the beta was a much smoother experience than the release so far.

Ryce

From a design perspective, I really like how each character's move set is mapped out; each button corresponds to a different set of thematically similar attacks.

Sweet Tooth
Square - Melee
Triangle - Weapons
Circle - Fire

PaRappa
Square - Kung Fu
Triangle - Skateboarding
Circle - Rapping

Heihachi
Square - Punches
Triangle - Kicks
Circle - Special Techniques

(Etc.)

There are a few exceptions, but overall there's a nice consistency to the roster in this regard. It also makes coming up with DLC character concepts much easier and more plausible.

AAK

To the people that preordered the game from retailers. ..how did you get the costume code? I preordered from bestbuy and I still heard nothing from them.

SRTtoZ

So aside from all the reviews, how does Gaf like the game? I'm getting it for Vita for free with the white bundle and if its great ill eventually pick it up on PS3.

Does this game have a competitive future?

So my friend actually got me PSABR as an early xmas present.

I haven't delved deep into it yet but I can already tell it's pretty awesome, with the unlockables and such. I was talking it down before I even saw the finished product - while I love the idea of unlockable backgrounds for the menu, I kind of wished the default one was a bit more robust. /shrug, it serves it's purpose though, and with the insane amount of unlockable bgs I know I won't be disappointed.

I need to clear up space on my Vita's memory card so I can have this ready for my trip tomorrow... @_@

Nakiro

So aside from all the reviews, how does Gaf like the game? I'm getting it for Vita for free with the white bundle and if its great ill eventually pick it up on PS3.

Sure, 2v2 is awesome in the game.

Played the game all day yesterday and had a blast; so glad I picked this up.

Only question is (didn't see it in the OP), when playing local multiplayer, is there any way that other players can earn the points to increase those characters' levels? It seems like it's just 1P that gets the points.

PowderedToast

it's excellent. balance is a bit skewed but you have to expect that from a fighter of this ilk at this point in time.

will it have a competitive future? who knows, it's difficult to predict those things. but the mechanical foundations could not be stronger. i have no hesitation in saying this is the best fighting game i've ever played from a western studio.

Alec

Really disappointed to find that you can't use a Vita as a controller on the PS3 version. I only have two PS3 controllers. :'(

I haven't delved deep into it yet but I can already tell it's pretty awesome, with the unlockables and such. I was talking it down before I even saw the finished product - while I love the idea of unlockable backgrounds for the menu, I kind of wished the default one was a bit more robust. /shrug, it serves it's purpose though, and with the insane amount of unlockable bgs I know I won't be disappointed.

Wait, are you talking about unlockable backgrounds for those title cards under your chosen character's picture, or backgrounds for the main menu?

Meanwhile, my copy got shipped today from the UK, now i just have to wait (at least) another week to hold it in my hands. Starting to regret i didn't go digital. >.<

I thought you meant OP as in the thread OP, but now im confused.... XD

THE LIST OF CHARACTERS IN YOUR OT IS MISSING SPIKE YOU BUFFOON XS.

In Order:

Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Nathan Drake
Sly Cooper
Fat Princess
Evil Cole McGrath
Radec
Sir Daniel Fortesque
Big Daddy
Sackboy
Dante
Nariko
Toro
Heihachi Mishima
Parappa
Raiden
Good Cole McGrath
Kratos
Sweet Tooth

Noi

They should really release a quick patch to enable the menu backgrounds to be random every time you go back to the main screen. I hate having it stuck looking at Dino's ugly mug unless I fully re-start the game.

Top Bottom