• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Nakiro

They should really release a quick patch to enable the menu backgrounds to be random every time you go back to the main screen. I hate having it stuck looking at Dino's ugly mug unless I fully re-start the game.
While the game was still in production, it was said that you'd be able to pick your main character and the UI would reflect that in more than one way, I guess they ran out of time.

Enjay

Banned
Yeah I found it odd when there was no option to customize that. WTF was that delay really for I wonder. Can't help being cynical these days.

Perhaps they should just get rid of level twos and level threes, they are rather arbitrary. Have it so you only have level one quality supers, but you can access three different ones at your own choice by pressing L2 + and attack button. You might have a vertical super, a horizontal super and a projectile super for example. With them all being level one quality it means that they will always need skill to execute and that way supers are always dodgable. They can have it so being being killed removes your AP. and with only level one supers it won't be too punishing in order to gain it back

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, I am very behind in PASBR-GAF.

Is Combo tutorial good for me to learn some combos or is there any better site that have combo list that are more reliable?

I was playing as Sir Dan online and the stage was Sandover Village. I landed his level 1 on all three opponents(I know, right?) and confetti blasted out all over the screen, with rainbow text saying "Nice Shot!" like in Hot Shots Golf after I killed all three.

It's the little things that get me.

Hey TimeEffect.

Tell your friend that his choice of character is indicative of someone who has a lesser amount of skill than average.

Also, the fact that Dino is garbage in FFA makes me :'(

Finally got a red belt in FFA ranked. Now long ways to go before brown one lol. I dunno how you did this shit Kouichi.

Also was really surprised to see god tier Heihachi online. Was totally insane and that makes me happy cause I like Heihachi and not many people play him. I'm part of the problem but he will be my next character to learn and to take online next season. Now I'm mostly using Parappa with a side dish of Radec and Fatty. Honestly NOBODY plays FP ranked online and the few I have seen were teeerrible.

Is it only me or has there been increasing amount of Spikes lately (as in the character!)?

Oh and unless I'm totally mistaken Mr. Zurkon is insaane. He seemed to be responsible for ruining my combos as Parappa. Someone like Raiden has no problem since his swordarcs are so big he propably kills him while comboing Ratchet.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Finally got a red belt in FFA ranked. Now long ways to go before brown one lol. I dunno how you did this shit Kouichi.

Also was really surprised to see god tier Heihachi online. Was totally insane and that makes me happy cause I like Heihachi and not many people play him. I'm part of the problem but he will be my next character to learn and to take online next season. Now I'm mostly using Parappa with a side dish of Radec and Fatty. Honestly NOBODY plays FP ranked online and the few I have seen were teeerrible.

Is it only me or has there been increasing amount of Spikes lately (as in the character!)?

I can't speak for ranked as I don't really care for FFA, but I played a few matches with this dude in 2v2 named Leathal_Peaches who played a damn solid Fatty P. Course, he also played a really strong Nariko. Such a good teammate. Makes me feel weird for only playing Parappa, but...140 AP combos. Don't wanna give those up.

Nooooooooo! Why'd it freeze before my moment of awesome? :(

Anyways, GGs, PSY-S, TimeEffect and friend. Imma turn in for the night so I can be well-rested for tomorrow.

Vodh

Some look bad. In particular Loco Roco and Metal Gear. But then some are quite well done, I like the Killzone and Ape Escape one and the Columbia map is good too

There is an argument to not do the same thing twice though

You're out of your mind. A Metal Gear fucking shit up in Loco Roco is the best thing ever, easily the best mashup.

You're out of your mind. A Metal Gear fucking shit up in Loco Roco is the best thing ever, easily the best mashup.

I agree but that is not a popular opinion here :). I also see nothing wrong with lack of ''unified artstyle'' but I probably don't have the eye for these things.

Talking about me? lol

I suppose I am.

images

You're really good and I enjoyed playing against you :)

Nakiro

I suppose I am.

images

You're really good and I enjoyed playing against you :)
Yeah I was playing on Vita trying out things. It's hard to see things on the screen and much easier to lose yourself. I didn't really know most of the characters I played other than Kratos so I had limited knowledge..

Edit: Quick questions though.
How was the lag/connection?
&
Did you hear me over the mic?

Fighting games are probably one of my least favorite genres, but this game has really grown on me. So much so that being able to play it on the Vita was a huge deciding factor in taking advantage of Amazon's Assassin's Creed Vita Black Friday deal. It will be awesome to play this when I am away from home on my Vita, and on my PS3 at home. Hope the community stays very active!

J-Tier

Damn, I realized that a Dante/Heihachi pair in 2v2 needs to happen. Shirtless Dante and Heihachi in a fundoshi? That's quite the troll team.

libregkd

Damn, I realized that a Dante/Heihachi pair in 2v2 needs to happen. Shirtless Dante and Heihachi in a fundoshi? That's quite the troll team.
Already did this accidentally playing 2v2 with randoms xD.

Still surprised at how much I love using Heihachi in this. Almost makes me get over the fact he was chosen over Kazuya.
Almost :b

Ryce

My final DLC predictions:

Femme Fatales! - Lightning & Kat
aSN2T.png

Two females with mystery surrounding their backgrounds/personalities/etc.

Badasses with Afflicted Arms! - Ryu Hayabusa & Emmett
YkYYv.png

Hayabusa has a cursed right arm in Ninja Gaiden 3, and Emmett's right arm shows the results of exposure to Rift Energy.

Forgotten Legends! - Robbit & Dart
4BtAI.png

Both characters have vocal fan bases but neither managed to make it past the original PlayStation.

Raonak

Banned
Drake's quite awesome. love his cracking platform move.

but wtf. playing through his arcade mode at max difficulty. jesus that sly rivalry. holy fuck. he's teleporting all over the place. invisible most of the time. cant even fucking hit him without going on the corner and spamming the cracking platform move.

loco roco stage is fucking awesome. stages are quite nicely done

Noi

Hayabusa has a cursed right arm in Ninja Gaiden 3, and Emmett's right arm shows the results of exposure to Rift Energy.

Both characters have vocal fan bases but neither managed to make it past the original PlayStation.

No Vahn? Boothisman.gif

Jawmuncher

aSN2T.png

YkYYv.png

4BtAI.png

I'm ok with this

B.O.O.M

Imagine out of the blue we get this man as DLC

hardcore fans will be over the moon (including me). I can't believe I actually never thought of him when Godhand was one of the best games I have ever played

Ploid 3.0

Sadly I see myself buying a lot of character dlc just to collect them even though I bought the digital version and I'm not even sure if the PS4 will be able to play this game.

Noi

Any good Radec BnBs anyone wants to share? :(

Also can you combo off any of his throws?

BnB I always use: Side Square > Side Triangle/Level 2 if the level is open enough. Otherwise I stick to zoning.

The timing is strict, but you can combo off his up throw with j.square > j. square > j.Up Triangle or something to that effect.

Top Bottom